TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Westworld Season 1 General Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 1:48 am

T5000 wrote:
I use a 32 inch TV as my monitor, and it is great and cheap ! and it serves 2 purposes.
Plus I can be on computer, and with 1 button push it is on TV, push again back to pc, I use that for commercials.
Color and contrast is very good.
mine is a lcd, and now they have all gone to the new thing I forget the name.

Also I love having a big monitor.

What is it? a Samsung?

The latest are 4K TVs and/or monitors. They're a bit much, IMO. I've seen several, and the detail is extreme. I watched part of Frozen on one demo, and it was so clear and detailed that it didn't look real. I mean not real even beyond it being a computer generated movie.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 2:23 am

SurfingEagle wrote:
T5000 wrote:
I use a 32 inch TV as my monitor, and it is great and cheap ! and it serves 2 purposes.
Plus I can be on computer, and with 1 button push it is on TV, push again back to pc, I use that for commercials.

What is it? a Samsung?

The latest are 4K TVs and/or monitors. They're a bit much, IMO. I've seen several, and the detail is extreme. I watched part of Frozen on one demo, and it was so clear and detailed that it didn't look real. I mean not real even beyond it being a computer generated movie.
no it is a Emerson lcd under $200 at walmart lol
but it has been a good one.
The next thing was LED which I didnt like as much as LCD.
I only use an antennae for network tv, and the hd picture is nice on this tv, sometimes I watch live just for
that aspect.
Any tv with rgb input you can hook a tv up too, but I guess it depends on the type of computer too. a laptop may hook up thru usb, which this one had a usb and hdmi input.

The only thing is most dont have a computer audio out, so I have to use the audio out on computer, and I run that
to a stereo system for the sound.
If I am watching network I can use tv audio or the stereo,if I use both it has the weird echo effect.

But for the money it is better than buying a monitor, and you get a tv too.
It might be possible to still find a lcd, I dont know, but they were better.
I think the led is cheaper to make.
I dont know what the high end tv's are using now, havent looked in a few years, but at the time I bought this one,
it was as good as the high end picture wise, and better than some.

Emerson and Sanyo both make some good electronic's at cheaper price.
I have a emerson vcr that is still working after about 20 years lol, and the Rca I bought only lasted about 10 years.
I had some sony stuff that didnt last long at all.

If you buy a tv make sure the box is pristine, because that will indicate it didnt get thrown around in shipping or in store.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 1:47 pm

T5000 wrote:
SurfingEagle wrote:
T5000 wrote:

What is it? a Samsung?

no it is a Emerson lcd  under $200 at walmart lol
but it has been a good one.
The next thing was LED  which I didnt like as much as LCD.
I only use  an antennae for network tv, and the hd picture is nice on this tv, sometimes I watch live just for
that aspect.
Any tv with rgb input you can hook a tv up too, but I guess it depends on the type of computer too. a laptop may hook up thru usb, which this one had a usb and hdmi input.

The only thing is most dont have a computer audio out, so I have to use the audio out on computer, and I run that
to a stereo system for the sound.
If I am watching network I can use tv audio or the stereo,if I use both it has the weird echo effect.

But for the money it is better than buying a monitor, and you get a tv too.
It might be possible to still find a lcd, I dont know, but they were better.
I think the led is cheaper to make.
I dont know what the high end tv's are using now, havent looked in a few years, but at the time I bought this one,
it was as good as the high end picture wise, and better than some.

Emerson and Sanyo both make some good electronic's at cheaper price.
I have a emerson vcr that is still working after about 20 years lol, and the Rca I bought only lasted about 10 years.
I had some sony stuff that didnt last long at all.

If you buy a tv make sure the box is pristine, because that will indicate it didnt get thrown around in shipping or in store.

Can't say much about Emerson brand. Haven't had one yet.

They're all LCD, really. The LED just refers to the back light. But the light goes through an LCD panel. They're different kinds of back lighting.

HDTVs and HD computer monitors are the same device. They're pretty much interchangeable now. The only difference is how their application is marketed. They both use HDMI or DVI hook ups. The usual difference is that 1080p HD TVs are usually over 27 inches, and 1080p HD monitors are usually just under 27 inches. Both those metrics are easily exchangeable. You can buy a small HDTV or a huge computer monitor. If the resolution is 1080p, a larger screen is just stretching the image out more, but you're not getting more visual data in terms of pixels.

Another difference is that LCDs marketed for computers can have higher refresh frequencies, if you want to pay for it. You can buy one that operates in 1080p at 120Hz, for example, and that is supposed to increase performance when playing computer games when you're using a high end graphics card. But HDMI inputs are limited to 60Hz at 1080p. So, HDTVs are not usually including those additional abilities, for now, because it isn't necessary for simply viewing HD content.

I still have a tiny Magnavox CRT amber monochrome that is over 30 years old. It uses RCA inputs and was designed for use with computers like Commodores or Texas Instruments, lol. It's about the same weight as a standard modern LCD for computers. You can carry it with one hand. Of course, the screen is a lot smaller but is still as sharp as it was new. It's still going strong. I use it all the time at night. It doubles as a night light, lol. My LCD monitors/TVs last on average about 3 to 4 years before they have a critical failure.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:42 am

Wow they built that crt pretty good back then !
My tv is just 720p, that is all I need, no gaming and for this size that is good for me.
For the bigger tvs, 1080 is better, especially real big ones.

Did you watch the tv show Outcast SE ?? It was pretty good.
Also dont know if you heard, but james cameron already has plans for a T6
when he gets the rights back, and has a director set up to direct it.
He evidently is stuck doing the avatars.
But he already has a story in mind.
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 2:42 pm

T5000 wrote:
Wow they built that crt pretty good back then !
My tv is just 720p, that is all I need, no gaming and for this size that is good for me.

Did you watch the tv show Outcast SE ?? It was pretty good.
Also dont know if you heard, but james cameron already has plans for a T6
when he gets the rights back, and has a director set up to direct it.
He evidently is stuck doing the avatars.
But he already has a story in mind.

Outcast? I don't see it in your list of shows or is it buried somewhere?

Actually, no, I've not seen it or been looking for new shows to watch lately. Really, don't have the time for new shows these days. I barely watch any usual ones. The Trump Show is about all I have time for these days, and I'm compelled to follow that one out of a sense of OMG Wink

Most of my old CRT TV or monitors are still running. I have one Sony TV made in the early 90s that I still use. The screen is flat vertically, and curved horizontally. The image quality is excellent, and it's compact design. Everything operates exactly the same as it did new. I even have this no name brand CRT computer monitor from the early days. It's probably like 25+ years old. It has analog horizontal/vertical adjusters, lol. I use it on a backup computer. So, it doesn't get a lot of use, but it still runs fine.

Today, I believe monitors and TVs are only made to last about 2 years, 3 or 4 if you're lucky. They're made super cheap with the idea that you just keep replacing them with a new one.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 2:27 am

Well never put it up here, it is based on a kirkman comic like WD.
I even got the comics of which there were only 20 and read those, and like WD some things
the same some different.

At first it seems to be a show on religion and exorcism, but as it gets going you see that it
isnt that, and it was funny because many watching the show wanted that topic, so when
that faded, they were upset.

The supposed demons are actually beings from another dimension, and when they take over
a human, the human is not in control, and they act up, like bad because the alien needs time
to adjust to our world and being in a human body.

I may just put it up here, here is some info
http://epguides.com/Outcast/
Brent Spiner plays the leader of the Aliens, and it comes on Cinemax
10 eps for S1 if you cant find it somewhere let me know.
if you have cable you may be able to watch at their website.
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 1:27 pm

T5000 wrote:

Well never put it up here, it is based on a kirkman comic like WD.
I even got the comics of which there were only 20 and read those, and like WD some things
the same some different.

At first it seems to be a show on religion and exorcism, but as it gets going you see that it
isnt that, and it was funny because many watching the show wanted that topic, so when
that faded, they were upset.

The supposed demons are actually beings from another dimension, and when they take over
a human, the human is not in control, and they act up, like bad because the alien needs time
to adjust to our world and being in a human body.

I may just put it up here, here is some info
http://epguides.com/Outcast/
Brent Spiner plays the leader of the Aliens, and it comes on Cinemax
10 eps for S1  if you cant find it somewhere let me know.
if you have cable you may be able to watch at their website.

Ah yeah, that sounds familiar. I remember seeing the first ep or so of that series. I think you were asking me about this show in some other thread awhile ago. It reminds me of Ash vs Evil Dead which they also made into a series. Didn't find either one very compelling, just mildly amusing at best.

I'm a little worried about you being stuck at 720p Wink I mean for someone that watches a lot of movies and TV.

You should consider upgrading to at least 1080p which is 2K pixels because the 4K pixel TVs (double the resolution) are driving down the prices of lower resolutions. More people want the 4K units. 720p is close to 1K. So, there's a big step up in visual quality even moving to 1080p from 720p, IMO, especially if a movie is made for 1080p or above.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 2:52 pm

I use this device since roughly about 5 years now (can't believe how time is running ...) first with my computer, now with my notebook, connected via HDMI; and it pretty much is the perfect match for me.
Especially the 3D ability was some nice extra. I hope it will work for some more years, because these days I can't find something like that with all those functions all-in-one.

LG 27" LED LCD 3D FULL HD Monitor TV

Highlights & details

• 69 cm (27 ") diagonal screen
  • Resolution 1920 x 1080 Full HD
  • Spatial viewing experience based on Cinema 3D technology
  • DVB-T and DVB-C tuner with HDTV decoder
  • Mega contrast: 5 000 000: 1
  • USB 2.0 and 2 HDMI connections
  • Including 2 3D polarisation glasses

Description
Watching TV or a movie in 3D on Blu-ray? The energy-saving LED TV from LG with the latest 3D technology impresses with pictures that make you feel as if you are in the middle of events. The display with FPR technology (Film Patterned Retarder) is flicker-free and, thanks to unbelievably high brightness and sharpness, also aliasing-free. It therefore offers a 3D experience that is easy on the eye, thanks to TriDef 3D conversion, which also applies to 2D content. The extremely lightweight and affordable 16 gram designer glasses without batteries and the practical clip-on glasses for spectacle wearers offer more comfort.
The device with a gleaming piano black finish combines the advantages of a TV with those of a PC monitor. The eye-catching screen display is optimised for computer applications such as text and image processing as well as for computer games. The DM2380D is also ideally equipped for enjoying movies. A very short response time of only 5 ms guarantees that fast action scenes do not get blurred in movies, sports programmes or in video games. The extremely high dynamic contrast of 5 000 000: 1 and the full HD resolution offer ultra-sharp pictures and a rich black colour.
The Intelligent Sensor minimises the power consumption of the device by automatically adjusting the image values to the ambient lighting conditions in the room, so that the 3D TV uses only the power that is actually required – thereby protecting the environment and helping you save money.
Features

• 3D pleasure without a PC via the HDMI connection (e.g. of a Blu-ray player or games console)
  • Conversion of 2D-films into 3D via the accompanying TriDef 3D software from the PC
  • Edge LED backlight
  • Playback of DivX, JPEG and MP3 via USB 2.0
  • Auto Bright automatically adjusts the picture setting to the ambient light
  • Videotext
  • 8 days EPG (electronic program guide) via DVB-T
  • Hotel-mode (with cloning via USB and CI card slot)
  • Stereo loudspeaker
  • Dolby Surround Sound
  • AVL volume limiter for loud advertisements
  • TV programming possible with Linkloader or via USB
  • Energy Saving power saving mode
  • On/off timer
  • Sleep timer

Included in delivery

• 2x 3D polarised glasses
  • Remote control (includes batteries)
  • CD-ROM with TriDef 3D software and driver software
  • VGA cable
  • Audio cable (3.5 mm)
  • Power cable
  • Ergonomic stand base (inclination 15 ° upwards, 5 ° downwards)
  • User manual.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 6:59 am

2x 3D polarised glasses...... those can make you go cross eyed !! Very Happy

So do you watch flash in 3D >>? any tv show?
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 2:29 pm

tscc1000 just copied and pasted his TV's entire specifications, lol Wink

Trying to start a technology flame war? Wink

But it doesn't say. What is the panel type: Twisted Nematic (TN), Vertical Alignment (VA) or an In-Plane Switching (IPS) type? or viewing angle?

That makes a big difference assuming good design and manufacturing. I mean poor quality on what is supposed to be superior technology can still lead to an inferior picture when compared to something cheaper. But we're assuming good manufacturing standards.

Last edited by SurfingEagle on Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 2:32 pm

T5000 wrote:

So  do you watch flash in 3D >>? any tv show?

Makes me wonder also. Where are you getting all this 3D content? Wink
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 11:16 am

SurfingEagle wrote:
T5000 wrote:

Well I was thinking it could take regular hd and sort of 3D it lol.

He went all out on his tv though !
I guess as long as we are happy with what we have it is good enough.
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 1:06 pm

T5000 wrote:
SurfingEagle wrote:
T5000 wrote:

Well I was thinking it could take regular hd and sort of 3D it lol.

He went all out on his tv though !
I guess as long as we are happy with what we have it is good enough.

Awe...just like that song "it's not having what you want but wanting what you have" Wink

Well, I assumed it has to be coded in a certain way to be truly 3D as the standard currently exists. But I don't know with any level of confidence.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 12:24 pm

This talk has made me realize, that the eyes of a T or host or robot, would be varied.
It would be difficult to give them the type of vision we have.
Would they see in 2d or 3 d??
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 3:16 pm

T5000 wrote:
This talk has made me realize, that the eyes of a T or host or robot, would be varied.

Cameras can auto focus on objects in a 3D world. AIs are capable of driving cars now. So, they can see and interpret the environment in 3D (day or night). Drones can fly themselves. Modern aircraft can take off, fly to a destination, and land without any assistance from a pilot. That's been around for years.

I suppose their vision would be consistent with their job. A large portion of the human brain is devoted to making sense of visual data. But we don't see in frames per second.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 4:07 pm

T5000 wrote:
What? Who told you that nonsense???  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 4:22 pm

T5000 wrote:

What again??
Of course not. Why would anyone care to watch every TV show in 3D???
Have you ever seen 3D content? Or thought about the concept of 3D?
3D is a pleasure for the eyes (as I see it) when the content is right, which means it's absolutely a joy with science fiction movies especially with scenes in space and spaceships etc. or with something like The Hobbits. Or in stuff like Blue Planet or Planet Earth. But nobody needs or cares about 3D in a common crime or family show or in a comedy.

BTW, technically I could watch any content in 3D, that's what "Conversion of 2D-films into 3D via the accompanying TriDef 3D software from the PC" means. But as I said, not need for that, and of course the quality of this conversed 3D is not quite as good as original 3D content like 3D-Blu-rays.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 4:51 pm

T5000 wrote:
I didn't even know, that "720p TVs" exist (speaking of flat screens TVs and their actual physical resolution, not talking of the compression of signal formats like 720p, 1080i and 1080p). Is it a 1280x720 resolution then? That physical resolution I know only from computer flat screens.
When called "TV", all I ever have seen are the ones with the 1366x768 resolution ("HD-ready", capable of displaying 720p and 1080i) or the ones with 1920x1080 resolution ("Full HD", capable of displaying 720p, 1080i and 1080p), or of course these days now also the new UHDs with 3840x2160 resolution.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 5:27 pm

SurfingEagle wrote:
1) tscc1000 just copied and pasted his TV's entire specifications, lol Wink

2) Trying to start a technology flame war? Wink

3) But it doesn't say. What is the panel type: Twisted Nematic (TN), Vertical Alignment (VA) or an In-Plane Switching (IPS) type? or viewing angle?

That makes a big difference assuming good design and manufacturing. I mean poor quality on what is supposed to be superior technology can still lead to an inferior picture when compared to something cheaper. But we're assuming good manufacturing standards.
1) Yet I didn't expect it to be that funny ... but I'm glad that I could contribute to some amusement ... Wink

2) Nope. Yeah, I see the " Wink ", but what would that mean actually? scratch Me trying to "sell" my "superior" hardware? Rolling Eyes Wink

3) It did say though ... this was a link --> LG 27" LED LCD 3D FULL HD Monitor TV Wink
It's a TN panel. And I looked up the viewing angles ... 170° horizontal, 160° vertical. Actually I almost don't notice a difference to IPS. I admit I was pretty surprised how much better a TN panel can be than the ones I knew before regarding the viewing angle.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 5:37 pm

SurfingEagle wrote:
T5000 wrote:

See my answer to T5000.
It's not about "all this 3D content". But if you are looking for it, there is quite some (e. g. lots of movies on 3D Blu-Rays).
For me 3D is just the icing on the cake for special content, some nice extra feature, nothing to be needed for everyday use.
And believe me, something like The Hobbits in 3D (source is 3D Blu-Ray) looks simply awesome! cheers
There it really makes a difference, at least for my eyes ... Exclamation
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 10:49 am

tscc1000 wrote:
SurfingEagle wrote:
1) tscc1000 just copied and pasted his TV's entire specifications, lol Wink

2) Trying to start a technology flame war? Wink

3) But it doesn't say. What is the panel type: Twisted Nematic (TN), Vertical Alignment (VA) or an In-Plane Switching (IPS) type? or viewing angle?

1) Yet I didn't expect it to be that funny ... but I'm glad that I could contribute to some amusement ... Wink

2) Nope. Yeah, I see the " Wink ", but what would that mean actually? scratch Me trying to "sell" my "superior" hardware? Rolling Eyes Wink

3) It did say though ... this was a link --> LG 27" LED LCD 3D FULL HD Monitor TV Wink
It's a TN panel. And I looked up the viewing angles ... 170° horizontal, 160° vertical. Actually I almost don't notice a difference to IPS. I admit I was pretty surprised how much better a TN panel can be than the ones I knew before regarding the viewing angle.

Well, it does come off a little like you're saying my monitor is bigger, I mean better, than your monitor Wink

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say a perpetual flame war breaks out in the comments of just about every Youtube video or article that compares two computer related technologies. But sometimes I forget that we have too high of standards for that sort of behavior Wink

Oddly, the link was not showing up as a link yesterday or before. It wasn't showing as clickable. Now, it is. Regardless, looks good though. Looks like a pretty good monitor/TV.
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 11:00 am

tscc1000 wrote:
SurfingEagle wrote:
T5000 wrote:

See my answer to T5000.
It's not about "all this 3D content". But if you are looking for it, there is quite some (e. g. lots of movies on 3D Blu-Rays).
For me 3D is just the icing on the cake for special content, some nice extra feature, nothing to be needed for everyday use.
And believe me, something like The Hobbits in 3D (source is 3D Blu-Ray) looks simply awesome! cheers
There it really makes a difference, at least for my eyes ... Exclamation

OK...

BTW, I didn't like the Hobbit movie all that much. Too much extra filler compared to the book, and it felt like left over parts from LOTR.

Personally, I've never liked wearing 3D glasses to watch a movie. Some 3D technology does make some people motion sick.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 1:08 am

tscc1000 wrote:
T5000 wrote:
What? Who told you that nonsense???  Rolling Eyes
I Was joking tscc. cyclops
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 1:12 am

SurfingEagle wrote:
T5000 wrote:

Cameras can auto focus on objects in a 3D world. AIs are capable of driving cars now. So, they can see and interpret the environment in 3D (day or night). Drones can fly themselves. Modern aircraft can take off, fly to a destination, and land without any assistance from a pilot. That's been around for years.

I suppose their vision would be consistent with their job. A large portion of the human brain is devoted to making sense of visual data. But we don't see in frames per second.
Well I doubt Drones navigate with vision, or cars either, gps and sensors more likely.
And no robots with eyes yet, just ordinary cameras which are more for the operator than the robot.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 1:25 am

tscc1000 wrote:
T5000 wrote:
I didn't even know, that "720p TVs" exist (speaking of flat screens TVs and their actual physical resolution, not talking of the compression of signal formats like 720p, 1080i and 1080p). Is it a 1280x720 resolution then? That physical resolution I know only from computer flat screens.
When called "TV", all I ever have seen are the ones with the 1366x768 resolution ("HD-ready", capable of displaying 720p and 1080i) or the ones with 1920x1080 resolution ("Full HD", capable of displaying 720p, 1080i and 1080p), or of course these days now also the new UHDs with 3840x2160 resolution.
Is it a 1280x720 resolution then? I think it is for when in pc mode.
For the tv mode I dont really know.
I remember 720 p from when I bought it, but it is good for me lol.

If I had a tv like yours, I would try the 3d on many shows just to see what it looked like.

by the way guys, Imdb is shutting down their boards, feb 20 so I put up some posts inviting people here,
so be nice to any that might show up.
We had one today but just a sign up no posts.
For tscc, on some of your shows you like, go to imdb find the board for that show, and put up a post inviting them here,
that way maybe you get some people to talk to about expanse and others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Westworld Season 1 General Discussion
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next