TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Westworld Season 1 General Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
T5000
Admin
T5000

Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 1:15 pm

Ok so you think MIB was a host not the real guy.

Have you seen the picture of Elizabeth & Philip Jennings in their uniforms? (next series)
no I have not. I guess you mean russian uniforms.

I hope ford is back next time, and yes none of the hosts were sentient to me,
which was a let down.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
KevinInEngland

KevinInEngland

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 11:42 am

Ah. You haven't seen their uniforms. OK. I won't create a spoiler, or shall I? I saw it, so why shouldn't you? https://t.co/yy0xci0wBZ

Yes I now think he is because he does not seem to be too bothered about life-threating situations. Now that we have seen his 'civilian' self, i think it is likely, even though his 'civilian' self is most likely going to die at the hands of that massive group of hosts - unless he has control over them regardless that the hosts have been told to kill everyone.

I think I'll have to just wait for the next season and hope that when it starts, I can fathom everything out.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 11:11 am

That was a good read kevin !
So they may move and take on new idenitys !

I like that producers are doing the final season different than other shows.
It all sounds good !
Back to top Go down
KevinInEngland

KevinInEngland

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2017 9:46 am

Heaven forbid that I should even have this thought, but supposin' everything we see is in Delores' mind.

Even more-so, it can be viewed by those humans invited to see the viewing of this new AI entertainment platform for $$$$$s.  Perhaps they can see it 3D, plus more in such a way that they feel as though they're there, hence the high price of membership?
An all-feeling, all sensing, all emotional, all sexed and even if you thoughts are dark, all something else.

Perhaps Delores, or should I say, the computer that runs Delores, can feed each human individually through sensors attached to them.

I don't think what I've said above will be the case, but I'm sure we'll get some surprises.  I only wish I could keep up with things.

All the best for 2017 everyone. Perhaps things can only get better. (Providing we don't watch the news).
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 10:13 pm

KevinInEngland wrote:
Heaven forbid that I should even have this thought, but supposin' everything we see is in Delores' mind.

Even more-so, it can be viewed by those humans invited to see the viewing of this new AI entertainment platform for $$$$$s.  Perhaps they can see it 3D, plus more in such a way that they feel as though they're there, hence the high price of membership?
An all-feeling, all sensing, all emotional, all sexed and even if you thoughts are dark, all something else.

Perhaps Delores, or should I say, the computer that runs Delores, can feed each human individually through sensors attached to them.

I don't think what I've said above will be the case, but I'm sure we'll get some surprises.  I only wish I could keep up with things.

All the best for 2017 everyone.  Perhaps things can only get better. (Providing we don't watch the news).
Well lets hope it isnt in her mind lol , I hate shows or movies like that.
I rarely watch the news, it is so blah and negative.
Back to top Go down
KevinInEngland

KevinInEngland

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 1:10 pm

Have you guys seen the awesome artistry provided by fans of the series?
Well worth a look.  Thandie Newton is an avid tweeter and appreciates our appreciation.
Westworld Artwork
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 7:54 pm

this is critics choice awards nominee's,   2 from westworld and the show as best show.
Thandie and Rachel , maeve and delores got the nom for best actress and supp actress.
I would say Thandie gave one of the best acting jobs on the show, and better than rachel.
No nom for ford?? or the black guy?? they were both very good.

Then the americans matthiew rhys and keri russell got a nom also emmy noms
Bob odenkirk for saul the show also got a nom.
Tatiana also nom.
This isnt a big award like emmy, but it would help our shows to win some of these.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones (HBO) Sleep

Kit Harington, Game of Thrones (HBO) Sleep

John Lithgow, The Crown (Netflix)

Mandy Patinkin, Homeland (Showtime)

Christian Slater, Mr. Robot (USA) Sleep Sleep

Jon Voight, Ray Donovan (Showtime)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Christine Baranski, The Good Wife (CBS)

Emilia Clarke, Game of Thrones (HBO)

Lena Headey, Game of Thrones (HBO)

Thandie Newton, Westworld (HBO)

Maura Tierney, The Affair (Showtime)

Constance Zimmer, UnREAL (Lifetime)

BEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

Sam Heughan, Outlander (Starz)

Rami Malek, Mr. Robot (USA)

Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul (AMC)

Matthew Rhys, The Americans (FX)

Liev Schreiber, Ray Donovan (Showtime)

Kevin Spacey, House of Cards (Netflix)

BEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Caitriona Balfe, Outlander (Starz)

Viola Davis, How to Get Away With Murder (ABC)

Tatiana Maslany, Orphan Black (BBC America)

Keri Russell, The Americans (FX)

Evan Rachel Wood, Westworld (HBO)

Robin Wright, House of Cards (Netflix) Sleep

BEST DRAMA SERIES

Better Call Saul (AMC)

Game of Thrones (HBO) Sleep

Mr. Robot (USA) Sleep

Stranger Things (Netflix)

The Crown (Netflix)

This Is Us (NBC)

Westworld (HBO)
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 8:52 pm

Well guess its over lol the winners
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones (HBO)
Kit Harington, Game of Thrones (HBO)
John Lithgow, The Crown (Netflix) — WINNER
Mandy Patinkin, Homeland (Showtime)
Christian Slater, Mr. Robot (USA)
Jon Voight, Ray Donovan (Showtime)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Christine Baranski, The Good Wife (CBS)
Emilia Clarke, Game of Thrones (HBO)
Lena Headey, Game of Thrones (HBO)
Thandie Newton, Westworld (HBO) — WINNER cheers
Maura Tierney, The Affair (Showtime)
Constance Zimmer, UnREAL (Lifetime)

BEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Sam Heughan, Outlander (Starz)
Rami Malek, Mr. Robot (USA)
Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul (AMC) — WINNER cheers
Matthew Rhys, The Americans (FX) Sorry matthew, at least bob won.
Liev Schreiber, Ray Donovan (Showtime)
Kevin Spacey, House of Cards (Netflix)

BEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Caitriona Balfe, Outlander (Starz)
Viola Davis, How to Get Away With Murder (ABC)
Tatiana Maslany, Orphan Black (BBC America)
Keri Russell, The Americans (FX) poor keri, new girl takes her award !
Evan Rachel Wood, Westworld (HBO) — WINNER
Robin Wright, House of Cards (Netflix)

BEST DRAMA SERIES

Better Call Saul (AMC)
Game of Thrones (HBO) — WINNER boring how many times does it win?? give a new show the award!
Mr. Robot (USA)
Stranger Things (Netflix)
The Crown (Netflix)
This Is Us (NBC)
Westworld (HBO)

BEST GUEST PERFORMER IN A DRAMA SERIES
Mahershala Ali, House of Cards (Netflix)
Lisa Bonet, Ray Donovan (Showtime)
Ellen Burstyn, House of Cards (Netflix)
Michael J. Fox, The Good Wife (CBS)
Jared Harris, The Crown (Netflix)
Jeffrey Dean Morgan, The Walking Dead (AMC) — WINNER
Back to top Go down
KevinInEngland

KevinInEngland

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 9:24 pm

Gosh, you've been busy T5000.

I agree that Game of Thrones is not all good all the way through.  I find there is too much talking in various areas and some of the scenes are a bit boring and gloomy.  I know it's meant to be but too many groups of people.  A thought goes through my head at times when watching GoT, that is, if those men with swords are so savage, why is it that some of the stars of the show, not mentioning any names, aren't dead by now?   The TV series Miss Marple reminds me of that in a way.  I know it's entertainment mainly for women but let's be honest, she would have had her head clubbed in or shot to death in the first series.

I have never seen Ray Donovan but have decided I want to view it right from the beginning.  Have you seen it?

I watched the first series of The Good Wife and thought it was reasonable but as you know, one person can only watch so many programs in their life, so some have to be sacrificed.

I agree that Homeland is very good but I don't think it went down very well having Claire Danes as the person in charge of committing murder in a cowardly way - drones.   I'm not in to drones, I think it's a bit like the airforce bombing the enemy who do not have a way of fighting back.  What happened to good old fair fights like they did in the days of the Kings of the land, where 2 armies faced each other?

There is always something not quite up to par in in a TV series that people can find fault with.   I'm not sure what to make of Westworld, where they portray 'Hosts' being made using 3D printers.  Is that just an artistic impression before the series starts?  I assume it is but they also do it through the series too.  If the 'Hosts' use their muscles to walk, smile etc., I feel it should be made a little more real to life in that respect.  Perhaps I am missing something with imagination?!

Why is The Walking Dead so popular?  I've seen lots and lots of Zombie programs dating back decades.  I've never been interested after seeing one decades ago where someone's innards fell out of his body and off the side of the table he was lying on, on to the floor - PLOP SPLAT.

I think Tatiana Maslany is a very good actress.  She has a great lesbian following too.  I think she looks great in some of her guises - very attractive in her plaited hair etc.  Bloody BBC isn't showing it over here, yet it is a BBC America production.  -  I complained to them some time ago and asked them to clarify what BBC actually stands for and why it is that I pay for a TV licence, yet can't see things that are made by the BBC, such as BBC America Dancing With The Stars.
Nobody has brought up the fact that licence fee payers are paying for programs that are subsequently paid for by advertising.  The latest is Eastenders (which I don't watch), being repeated on a channel called W, which is paid for by advertising.  If they are getting advertising revenue, why should the British public buy a licence to watch that crap?  Sorry, it's gone 3 in the morning and I can't sleep.  My dog is under the covers snoring his head off.  

Sorry I digress again.

If Westworld comes back with the same cast list, I won't be surprised.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:15 pm

KevinInEngland wrote:
Gosh, you've been busy T5000.

I agree that Game of Thrones is not all good all the way through.  I find there is too much talking in various areas and some of the scenes are a bit boring and gloomy.  I know it's meant to be but too many groups of people.  A thought goes through my head at times when watching GoT, that is, if those men with swords are so savage, why is it that some of the stars of the show, not mentioning any names, aren't dead by now?   The TV series Miss Marple reminds me of that in a way.  I know it's entertainment mainly for women but let's be honest, she would have had her head clubbed in or shot to death in the first series.

I have never seen Ray Donovan but have decided I want to view it right from the beginning.  Have you seen it?

I watched the first series of The Good Wife and thought it was reasonable but as you know, one person can only watch so many programs in their life, so some have to be sacrificed.

I agree that Homeland is very good but I don't think it went down very well having Claire Danes as the person in charge of committing murder in a cowardly way - drones.   I'm not in to drones, I think it's a bit like the airforce bombing the enemy who do not have a way of fighting back.  What happened to good old fair fights like they did in the days of the Kings of the land, where 2 armies faced each other?

There is always something not quite up to par in in a TV series that people can find fault with.   I'm not sure what to make of Westworld, where they portray 'Hosts' being made using 3D printers.  Is that just an artistic impression before the series starts?  I assume it is but they also do it through the series too.  If the 'Hosts' use their muscles to walk, smile etc., I feel it should be made a little more real to life in that respect.  Perhaps I am missing something with imagination?!

Why is The Walking Dead so popular?  I've seen lots and lots of Zombie programs dating back decades.  I've never been interested after seeing one decades ago where someone's innards fell out of his body and off the side of the table he was lying on, on to the floor - PLOP SPLAT.

I think Tatiana Maslany is a very good actress.  She has a great lesbian following too.  I think she looks great in some of her guises - very attractive in her plaited hair etc.  Bloody BBC isn't showing it over here, yet it is a BBC America production.  -  I complained to them some time ago and asked them to clarify what BBC actually stands for and why it is that I pay for a TV licence, yet can't see things that are made by the BBC, such as BBC America Dancing With The Stars.
Nobody has brought up the fact that licence fee payers are paying for programs that are subsequently paid for by advertising.  The latest is Eastenders (which I don't watch), being repeated on a channel called W, which is paid for by advertising.  If they are getting advertising revenue, why should the British public buy a licence to watch that crap?  Sorry, it's gone 3 in the morning and I can't sleep.  My dog is under the covers snoring his head off.  

Sorry I digress again.

If Westworld comes back with the same cast list, I won't be surprised.
Well kevin some interesting questions, I dont watch got, I saw S1 and didnt care for it.
I dont really like sword and sorcery and sex tales.

So you dont get orphan black?? that is odd. about paying license fees, that is like a tax and the british have
always liked taxes lol
Greed is the main reason more money for those who already have plenty ??

Why is The Walking Dead so popular? Well mainly it is younger viewers that like it, but
it is well written, good acting, and has some good drama.
I myself hate zombies, but put up with them and sometimes skip heavy z scenes, I just like the human drama.

you need to try S1 which is only 6 eps, then S2 was the best season, it is I think 13 shows.
Then if you dont like the drama parts, drop it.
I quit after S2, then got sucked back in during S4.
I still watch it, as it is ok.

Ray Donovan......tried a few S1 but didnt care for it.

Claire Danes as the person in charge of committing murder in a cowardly way - drones........yeah it is,
but it is also cheap, so partly monetary, and since no american soldiers are killed,
no one protests it.

many here know it is bad, but not a lot we can do about it, kinda like the license fees?

I didnt blame carrie for the drone attack, she was just doing what she had to, and if not her someone else would
do it.

I am getting more picky about shows I watch, if it isnt real good, then I am not going to waste time
watching it, better to do other things, or watch something that I saw already but is good to rewatch.

I will check out westworld when it comes back, S1 was good, but they made a lot of mistakes with it.

about the 3d printing, yeah little bogus, but the whole idea of a robot being able to be just like a human,
so much you can have sex with it, is just way out there, maybe in another 100 years or so.

And they way they showed the bodies of robots, was not logical, and the gund that wont shoot humans lol
another joke.
I liked the actor that played ford, and it was a good role for him, and he made the show interesting for me,
and I came to like maeve alot.
I sympathized with delores up to a point, but the writing ruined her character for me.

Also the black guy who was also in one of the movies about girl with bow lol catching fire etc,
he did a good job with his role.
Back to top Go down
KevinInEngland

KevinInEngland

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 1:21 pm

There were some good bits in GoT.  I believe we'll get to see Lena Headey's Mr Muscle unleashed on her enemies that forced her to walk naked through the streets. (He is Bjorn Hafthorsen - the massive muscleman).

We got the first 2 seasons of Orphan Black on BBC4, the channel that nobody cares for because lots of crap new series by amateurs is played on there.  They never ever blew the trumpets for Orphan black's first 2 seasons.  I don't actually think the UK public are interested in it, which seems strange to me, as Orphan Black could, in my opinion, be filmed in the UK, as the actors seems so British IMO.
Oh well....

The Walking Dead.  I'll be honest, there are some very good actors and I'm sure Gale Ann Hurd, who's baby it is, would want the best out of everything.
Did you know that the TV series on SyFy, Produced by Natalie Chaidez, of TSCC and also in conjunction with Gale Anne Hurd, called Hunters was aired recently?  It was OK but not entirely my thing.  It was well-made.

Ray Donovan - OH!

Hmnn, yes.  Claire Danes - Drones.  Interestingly, in the last season, they based the story on something that actually happened.  A wedding party was killed by a remote device, in this case a drone.  I believe the original killing was done by an aircraft - no matter what... not good.

What I think is interesting about Westworld is that it makes me think that not all cyborgs are based on Terminator cyborgs.  There are so many various ways that they can work and have their hardware/software organised etc.  Then there's the 'fine' nerves that operate the arms, legs etc.
I even added the way that in my fanfiction story, Cameron could also modify her radio/microwave wifi capability to operate HKs and other androids/cyborgs etc.  After all, we know their head can control their body remotely, hence Cromartie's bare endo walking to its skull.

You touch on another point.  Did you notice how accepting Ford was about being retired?  I suspected he had something big up his sleave.
Yes, Delores, I felt that the MiB was confusing the hell out of her (meaning Delores processor).

Funny you mention the black guy, Jeffrey Wright, I've just seen him in the film Hunger Games Mockinjay Catching Fire - coincidence?  Yes he did do a good job.

Natalie Dormer was in it too - she had the shaved side head and tattoos - she played a Henry VIII wife in The Tudors and of course was in Game of Thrones.

Homeland starts here in the UK very soon.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 5:06 am

Funny you mention the black guy, Jeffrey Wright, I've just seen him in the film Hunger Games Mockinjay Catching Fire - coincidence? Yes he did do a good job.
yeah that is where I first saw him, and he is very good actor.

Natalie Dormer was in it too - she had the shaved side head and tattoos - she played a Henry VIII wife in The Tudors and of course was in Game of Thrones.
Was she the one with the axe? if so I did like her, way more than the girl playing the lead,
who I though was bland and boring.
The first movie was good, the 2nd meh ok, the rrest were crap.

that not all cyborgs are based on Terminator cyborgs....... well you know westworld was the first
cyborg or robot that people took notice of , and did influence Cameron with Terminator.
He just gave it human skin , and stronger body.

Thing is if you look at a T chassis , the endo, they would need more than skin to look or feel human.
especially the waist area.
otherwise you could see the endo just tightly wrapped in skin.
The eyes are another problem area, that we just accepted.
Back to top Go down
KevinInEngland

KevinInEngland

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 6:31 am

Indeed, I have long time thought the same.  Big metal shoulders on the endo in 1984 and 1991 (the latter depicting 1995), might have been OK for the time/era but not now.
Having Edward Furling in the film T2, dumbed it down a lot - even Arnie did things that would appeal to kids.

I know this might seem off-topic but not really, as we're looking forward and want more from our shows.  Westworld still needs to up its explanation for how their Hosts work - but I read they're not going to tackle that aspect.  It is up to us to use our imagination.

I don't remember Natalie Dormer with an axe.

I recommend you revisit https://twitter.com/WestworldHBO
and also https://twitter.com/saintworksart?cn=cmVwbHk%3D&refsrc=email
then page down to the awesome brown shading of @jimmisimpson - I thought that artwork was pretty awesome.

In this world of automation and the Terminator franchise where they are able to repair themselves, I wonder how many of the Technical/AI experts within the Host repair lab are actually Hosts themselves?  Bernard Lowe was one such example.   It makes sense to me to use the Hosts to repair their compatriates(or AI equivalent word), as wages for humans all adds to the cost.  
I have so many questions actually.  What does it cost to feed a Host?  What kind of energy do they use and is it expensive to produce?  Perhaps their future technology has answered these questions.  I saw a program on VICELAND recently, where they visited America to find that 'safe' nuclear fusion is close to being a reality.  Endless electrical output.  Our 'toy' drones also appear to have very efficient lightweight batteries.  (It's funny actually, a guy nearby during our summer, bought one for his little kid (meaning for himself).  He crashed it, then bought another one.  He crashed that.  Haha.  Poor kid, I don't recollect him even having a go.   I also saw another young adult with a little drone up the road - I wonder if he broke his too?

Do you remember seeing a dog and a wolf in Westworld.  One of them would be nice as a pet but I think I'll stick to my dog Hank.  I added a Terminator dog called Fido to my TSCC fanfic.  It was left by Skynet to guard a cave containing Skynet terminators in standby.  It bit some kids who had to hide in a pothole in the bedrock.  It was ages before they were found.

According to imdb, there's 228 cast members, cowboys, Host techs etc.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 7:05 pm

I have so many questions actually. What does it cost to feed a Host? What kind of energy do they use?

Well kevin they will never answer most questions, this is a show about things that are impossible
now, so they would have to make up fantasy answers, and most people dont care or wonder
about the little things, just a small group would like these things to be answered, like ex
tscc fans lol.

JC came up with some answers like the nuclear power source, which was good but
was a fantasy answer, as it is not possible and he didnt explain it just said that was the power source, and people accepted it.

As for the hosts, we dont even know about their brains, are they like terminators?
With a chip? where is it located, since they do get shot in the head, and nothing
seems to have extra protection like T's do.

They get stabbed beaten, shot, yet the chip never gets damaged?? lol

I think before you do a show like this, you should think about how they are built,
and then write around that, not write anything, then try to explain stuff later.

JC did this to more extent than most, he had the processor in the head, which was made
of a super tough bullet proof metal skull .
He made certain rules, then wrote to fit those rules.
He never explained the T1000 going thru time though but was clever about that, by not showing
it arrive.
Fans then explained it for him.
But JC is a better writer than most people doing shows or movies.

Most people just come up with a pilot, with little worked out, and maybe no rules,
and then if show sells, they start the season, just making it up as they go, and
that is not a good formula.

That is why movies based on books, sometimes work better, as the writer of the books
has done the rules, and they have a basic plan to use already.
Back to top Go down
KevinInEngland

KevinInEngland

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 7:27 am

Yes.  You said it; Explaining future technology can be picked apart decades later.  Best left alone, unless it can't be unproved (like a certain deity/deities for believers).

I think any suggestion of an old-fashioned terminator chip from Arnie in 1984 is out.  I'm guessing there has to be a black-box-type housing for all the computerised parts, which has a single protected hole at the bottom for all the cables.  The cables protector, like a telephone cable protector in a public call-booth, would come out of it.  I'm also guessing there is a lot of shock-proofing protection inside the box.
Personally, I'd put this box in the chest.  I'm also guessing that miniaturising in the future would make it very small.
I'm also guessing there might be lots of smaller flat boxes adjacent to all the main limbs, that control them separately but in conjunction with the main CPU.
I think this might make all the parts replaceable separately.

Yes, the T-1000 worked on the microscopic level - Perhaps the TDE programming was modified to include silver surfaces?  No, not even that would work, as endos are silver too.   I can't answer that, as the workings of the TDE 'flesh detection' algorithm is beyond me!!!

We haven't discussed the psychological effect of the technicians and the behind-the-scenes temptations that they succumb to.  A form of necrophilia.  Would the Hosts need to be kept warm to function properly without their literally life-like flesh from degrading?
So many questions.

Did you ever hear that awful joke about the brothel that only used sex dolls?  One customer commented with glee that he was impressed by the real saliva when he kissed it.  I'll leave the rest to you.  The series touched on infections.

I think it's a shame that Westworld was only portrayed as a violent & delights place.  I wonder if there is anything else that could be thought up that multi-millionaire clients would be willing to pay for?  I can't actually think of anything myself.  Sad eh?
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 3:29 am

I think any suggestion of an old-fashioned terminator chip from Arnie in 1984 is out.......lol
so it is out of date?? lol
I think it is still ahead of its time.
mass amount of data, and can mimic human behavior and speech in multible voices !
All in one fairly small chip, housed in a near indestructible skull !

The T1000 is impossible and is purely fantasy to a extreme.

A box in the chest? they get shot there all the time, might be better to put it in the leg ?

I think it's a shame that Westworld was only portrayed as a violent & delights place.  I wonder if there is anything else that could be thought up that multi-millionaire clients would be willing to pay for?  I can't actually think of anything myself.  ............. Well violence and sex would be the main
draw, but other things might appeal to some.
Part of it would be just being in a fantasy world, like say Rome in 200 AD.
Thing is those worlds were full of violence and sex, but other fantasy's are possible.

Would the Hosts need to be kept warm to function properly without their literally life-like flesh from degrading?
So many questions.......well you would have to answer most questions yourself or let other fans answer them.

The necrophilia would probably occur in a real life scenario, but not on tv, I mean they do other stuff
That is awful, but they avoid that.

I posted about another show called billions, with damien lewis above in misc tv shows, you might like it.
Also Colony S2 just started here, and it is pretty good, has aliens taking over earth. The wall is cool.
and ep 1 of S2 answered one of my questions about the wall, which you have to see to understand.
Back to top Go down
KevinInEngland

KevinInEngland

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 10:02 am

Terminator chips.  Yeah, a funny thing to say: They're out of date.  There's many ways to skin a cat & like you say, they're well protected from an ordinary bullet, but perhaps Derek's Raufoss might do the job better.  I don't recall what John used in T4 when he shot that bare endo lying on the ground next to the helicopter in the endo skull.  I expect they knew to only use rifles with armour piercing bullets/shells.

Yeah, I know.  I've often tried to conjure up scenarios for each thing it did.  For instance, how does it go from soft metal to hard metal.  I fathomed a method of almost instantaneously freezing the liquid metal but even that does not make sense, as the hard metal in the escalator door, opened outwards to open the door, revealing Arnie, Sarah & John in T2. Hard metal can't widen unless it is both hard and soft.

Yes, a box inside a Tungsten or Tantalum leg. (They're next to each other in the atomic table and funnily enough, Tungsten is harder.  I made a study, Coltan is like PigIron.  it is an ore from which Tantalum or Tantalite and Niobium are extracted.   I know if off by heart now).

I think, taking your replies in order, that anyone with a family could be kept apart from the voilence, hopefully, and spend a nice pleasant week with Delores and her father, tending the herds, doing everyday things and having a pleasant time.  I'm sure the kids would love that, especially if the Host-bird, for want of a better word, and lots of Host-ducks/geese/quackquacks etc could be made.  Savannah Weaver would love it.   Btw, I learnt on PBS America TimeTeam America yesterday, and this is relevant to Westworld, that Savannah was totally destroyed during the American civil war c.1864-5, When thousands of Union troops crossed from Atlanta destroying everything as they moved.  One target was the critical railroad junction in Savannah.  I'm not off-subject here, as Westworld has both Union and Confederate if I remember correctly.
I watched it yesterday.  I'm not American but I wouldn't mind betting it is learnt in american schools.  
I rather like the name Savannah for a girl btw.

I didn't actually suggest necrophilia but in the last episode, the Host repair technician was going to do something naughty to an off-line Host.  I think Maeve would consider that Host-necrophilia.

I've seen Billions advertised on TV many times.  I wish I had time to view everything - after all, we need a break too!!  haha.

The Wall?   I believe I've seen  some of Colony.

Anyway, there are definitely lines that can not be crossed in Westworld.  I agree of course, as making something OK to portray just for entertainment is not a good thing.  There was an awful rape in Game of Thrones, which astounded me.  Mind you, it looked more like a porn shot.
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 5:27 pm

You guys are talking up a storm. Where did this come from...

Sex and violence is what HBO does, and really all the premium channels with miniseries do this. West World is pretty tame IMO, along those lines, compared to GoT and others like Outlander for example. Some scenes are so extreme that they're practically traumatizing to the viewer. Often times, one doesn't even want to discuss them openly on the Internet.

I think they want people to become addicted to the drama in these series, rather, get addicted to the strong emotions they invoke. This is equivalent to fast food putting more salt, sugar and fat into everything because the body craves those substances.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 2:53 pm

SurfingEagle wrote:

... Outlander for example. ....
Did you watch Outlander? I somehow didn't manage to continue after season 1.
How's S2 then? Worth picking it up again?

BTW, did you update your avatar recently? Seems to look better somehow ... more shiny.
Back to top Go down
KevinInEngland

KevinInEngland

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 3:25 pm

You're right SurfingEagle. Westworld will invest where the money is. I'm sure there's enough clients for Violent Delights.
(I see Thanie Newton was one of the anti-trump marchers. I hope nobody made any silly remarks, as it occurred to me but I thought better of it).

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 4:13 pm

KevinInEngland wrote:
(... I hope nobody made any silly remarks, as it occurred to me but I thought better of it).
Sorry, but what do you mean?
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 3:19 am

tscc1000 wrote:
SurfingEagle wrote:

... Outlander for example. ....
Did you watch Outlander? I somehow didn't manage to continue after season 1.
How's S2 then? Worth picking it up again?

BTW, did you update your avatar recently? Seems to look better somehow ... more shiny.

Pretty much the same with Outlander. Watched the first season on a free promo followed by the first, maybe second, episode of season two. The promo ended, and I never kept up with it or went looking for the full S2. So, my opinion of that show was that it was good at hooking you in, if access is easy, but at the same time, it was too dramatic and weird for my tastes long term. Very much a soap opera coupled with the violent delights, and written more for a female audience I'd say.

On the avatar, yes, I did update it. Good that someone noticed Smile Actually, I just corrected the color and contrast. My old monitor died on Christmas day, an Acer. So, I had to go out and buy a new one (an AOC) because I couldn't use the computer at all. Funny how that totally blinds you.

Any ways, I got this inexpensive IPS monitor that was on sale. Usually, they're more expensive than TN based ones that make up most of the market. IPS monitors have more accurate color, deeper blacks, much brighter whites and generally the color has more depth. They're only real draw back is that they typically have back light bleed and what is called IPS glow. You can only notice it when the picture is really dark or close to black. So, it's a trade off.

Using this monitor, I can see color issues a lot better. So, I can't help myself but to fix them. Also, HD movies look really good. A 4K TV/monitor still blows it away in terms of resolution. I don't know how 4Ks stack up color wise. That will be an interesting question to find an answer to, at some point.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 11:00 pm

I use a 32 inch TV as my monitor, and it is great and cheap ! and it serves 2 purposes.
Plus I can be on computer, and with 1 button push it is on TV, push again back to pc, I use that for commercials.
Color and contrast is very good.
mine is a lcd, and now they have all gone to the new thing I forget the name.

Also I love having a big monitor.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 11:14 pm

SurfingEagle wrote:
You guys are talking up a storm. Where did this come from...

Sex and violence is what HBO does, and really all the premium channels with miniseries do this. West World is pretty tame IMO, along those lines, compared to GoT and others like Outlander for example. Some scenes are so extreme that they're practically traumatizing to the viewer. Often times, one doesn't even want to discuss them openly on the Internet.

I think they want people to become addicted to the drama in these series, rather, get addicted to the strong emotions they invoke. This is equivalent to fast food putting more salt, sugar and fat into everything because the body craves those substances.

You guys are talking up a storm. Where did this come from......kevin got it started, I replied .
I dont really care for the porn/sex in cable shows, or excessive violence .
if it is well done and for a reason, I am ok with it, but most times it is contrived.

One thing that turned me off to got, was lena's soft porn scene, I just didnt care for that.

I am watching the UK show Taboo now, and it is pretty good, but they had some contrived violence
that to me just isnt necessary. In fact it lessens the quality of a show.
They also have a brother sister incest storyline, nothing bad, and most is just implied.
But it isnt really necessary, and doesnt really add much.

The violent scene, was one where the main guy tom hardy fends off an assassin, and he gets stabbed, and he stabs
the other guy, then I think breaks his neck, then grabs him and bites a chunk out of his neck !! lol To me I was like
what was that?? , and no reason except to shock audience, but it lessened the character, and didnt really make sense.

But to me the best part of the show is the story, and his dealings with the east india company, and the head guy there
does a good job.
Basically he inherits a piece of land on canadian american border when britain and america are at war,in 1812 ?
and bothe countrys want it, and the east india company wants it.
So the story revolves around that, but they then throw in the violence, sex and a little incest lol.
it is 8 shows, 1st 3 have aired.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 11:20 pm

@ tscc1000 franka potente plays a madame prostitute in this, remember her from border?
I didnt recognize her but she looked familiar, then I saw the name in credits.

Also epguides.com has westworld as back in 2017 ??
it did win some emmys, so maybe they get the ball rolling on that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Westworld Season 1 General Discussion
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next