TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Westworld Season 1 General Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
T5000
Admin
T5000

Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 2:54 am

Ok about him running rogue, I am saying the staff knows nothing about him, or they may believe
he is a guest.
I would think maybe ford created him and turned him loose in the park, without anyone
else knowing.

There would be no way to know there was a maze, or that it was under one guys scalp.
We never saw mib come in on a train.
and we have never seen him in the town, and that is where the staff focus on for the most part.

Then there is the comment in 01 about the board having other plans for hosts besides in the park.

The other odd thing is when they take a host offline they put it in the warehouse, to just stand
there and I dont really get that.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 2:06 pm

T5000 wrote:
Ok about him running rogue, I am saying the staff knows nothing about him, or they may believe
he is a guest.
I would think maybe ford created him and turned him loose in the park, without anyone
else knowing.

There would be no way to know there was a maze, or that it was under one guys scalp.
We never saw mib come in on a train.
and we have never seen him in the town, and that is where the staff focus on for the most part.

Then there is the comment in 01 about the board having other plans for hosts besides in the park.

The other odd thing is when they take a host offline they put it in the warehouse, to just stand
there and I dont really get that.

Technicians did notice MiB. When he was in the little village getting information about the maze, they had him on a screen. Then, one tech guy asked something that sounded like *should I do something to slow him down*. Then, the supervisor said something akin to *nah, let it go*.

Ask yourself this. Why would anyone make their big new prototype of a sentient AI in the form of Ed Harris? What an unappealing AI. Laughing
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 3:49 am

Why would anyone make their big new prototype of a sentient AI in the form of Ed Harris? What an unappealing AI. Laughing...... well i dont know lol Depends on what their goals are.

Then, one tech guy asked something that sounded like *should I do something to slow him down*. Then, the supervisor said something akin to *nah, let it go*.
was that ep 2? I will need to check that out.
We need to see a few more eps, to maybe figure some things out.
Alot of mystery stuff in this, is JF one of the writers?

Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 2:28 pm

T5000 wrote:
Why would anyone make their big new prototype of a sentient AI in the form of Ed Harris? What an unappealing AI. Laughing...... well i dont know lol Depends on what their goals are.

Then, one tech guy asked something that sounded like *should I do something to slow him down*. Then, the supervisor said something akin to *nah, let it go*.
was that ep 2? I will need to check that out.
We need to see a few more eps, to maybe figure some things out.
Alot of mystery stuff in this, is JF one of the writers?

Yeah, that was in ep 02. I wish I had a copy to go back and review and find the exact time but I watched ep 02 a couple of times on HBO. So, that's just from memory which isn't infallible. I'm interpreting and paraphrasing what I think they're saying. It was really fast techno-babble for like 2 secs.

As for little subtle details and mystery, I find so far that I have to watch an ep twice to catch most things.

One theory I heard on IMDB is MiB is actually an older version of the other character William (Billy) in the ep. That person is saying that when Billy (and the jerk friend) came into Westworld the company logo was different in those scenes as if it were an older version of the logo. Therefore, it's a flashback in time when MiB was much younger before his character became corrupted by Westworld. Talk about noticing details.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 2:44 am

Well if that is true , then he went from real nice guy with a wife at home,
to mean sob who just stays at WW.

I looked for that scene in ep 2 and couldnt find mib ever in the main town, he was in the village
to question the guy and then kill him.

I might check out the logo thing.
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 1:38 pm

T5000 wrote:
Well if that is true , then he went from real nice guy with a wife at home,
to mean sob who just stays at WW.

I looked for that scene in ep 2 and couldnt find mib ever in the main town, he was in the village
to question the guy and then kill him.

I might check out the logo thing.

The surveillance scene I was talking about was when MiB was at the village not near the starting point of the town. I get the feeling MiB will be a catalyst of some sort and be killed off this season.

I believe the guy posted pics of the different logos. But personally, I don't buy the theory that William is a flashback of MiB. I think the two different logos are coincidental.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 3:38 pm

SurfingEagle wrote:

The surveillance scene I was talking about was when MiB was at the village not near the starting point of the town. I get the feeling MiB will be a catalyst of some sort and be killed off this season.
I think it's safe now to say that MiB is not a host, but a well known visitor of Westworld.
They call him "guest" and that "this gentleman gets whatever he wants", just like special regular customers do ...

It seems they don't see MiB as an actual threat yet, more like someone annoying because of the heavy damage he is leaving behind all the time.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 3:44 pm

Hm, actually the girl confirmed that there is a maze, but it's not meant for MiB ... but for whom then???
And what does MiB mean, when he says this time he'll not go back? Does he expect to die in the maze?

Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 4:53 pm

tscc1000 wrote:
SurfingEagle wrote:

I think it's safe now to say that MiB is not a host, but a well known visitor of Westworld.
They call him "guest" and that "this gentleman gets whatever he wants", just like special regular customers do ...

It seems they don't see MiB as an actual threat yet, more like someone annoying because of the heavy damage he is leaving behind all the time.

Yeah, that it's. Thanks. Wink
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 5:10 pm

tscc1000 wrote:
Hm, actually the girl confirmed that there is a maze, but it's not meant for MiB ... but for whom then???
And what does MiB mean, when he says this time he'll not go back? Does he expect to die in the maze?

Good question. Is there a CGI Yul Brynner host at the center of this maze waiting for a "real" gun fight? Laughing That would be cool actually.

Maybe, the guy would rather die in Westworld than live in the real world. Perhaps, this is possible if Westworld has become the most significant thing in his life. It's seems likely that some people would become addicted to this world.
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 5:20 pm

You have to wonder how much MiB pays to offset the cost of his playing the game. It's like every day there's a dozen hosts which require complete overhauls as a result of his activities. The repair guys must work 24-7.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 5:35 pm

SurfingEagle wrote:

Maybe, the guy would rather die in Westworld than live in the real world. Perhaps, this is possible if Westworld has become the most significant thing in his life. It's seems likely that some people would become addicted to this world.
Yeah, I guess that's pretty much it.
Also, when he said that he was kind of born there, he doesn't mean it literally. I think he's talking about his Westworld character he turned into over those 30 years of visiting.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 5:42 pm

SurfingEagle wrote:
You have to wonder how much MiB pays to offset the cost of his playing the game. It's like every day there's a dozen hosts which require complete overhauls as a result of his activities. The repair guys must work 24-7.
Well, he's probably just a member of the "upper 10.000", so he doesn't have to care about something trivial like money ...
Nevertheless he's for sure a huge pain in the ass of the repair department of Westworld ... Wink
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 11:50 pm

tscc , were those s caps from a I hadnt seen one with subs.

He may be human, but since he cant be hurt, I dont see that there is any real challenge for
any guest.

Any bozo could do what he is doing or has done.

And you have to wonder where he got info on the maze and where the clues were, and how
did he know lawrence or is D would know ?
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 11:59 pm

ok I have a request, I will go along with majority, should we change this thread
to newest post  is at the top of page 1 ??
The way it is now I have to click the link on WW disc. then page 2 etc, the scroll
down and find the newest posts.

The other way you just have to click the first link and you see the latest post, and can scroll
down for any unread below it.
It is just quicker,more logical, and efficient.

I know Tscc didnt like it in the ratings thread, but I think it is really great there, and
wonder if Tscc likes it in that thread now ?????

And by the way SE you should look at that ratings thread down below,  Tscc
has done a amazing job with it.

I tried but for some reason if I paste the ratings in from same site they look like crap!

If people knew of that thread they might come here just for that.
you cant find cumulative ratings like that anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 2:19 pm

T5000 wrote:
ok I have a request, I will go along with majority, should we change this thread
to newest post  is at the top of page 1 ??
The way it is now I have to click the link on WW disc. then page 2 etc, the scroll
down and find the newest posts.

The other way you just have to click the first link and you see the latest post, and can scroll
down for any unread below it.
It is just quicker,more logical, and efficient.

I know Tscc didnt like it in the ratings thread, but I think it is really great there, and
wonder if Tscc likes it in that thread now ?????

And by the way SE you should look at that ratings thread down below,  Tscc
has done a amazing job with it.

I tried but for some reason if I paste the ratings in from same site they look like crap!

If people knew of that thread they might come here just for that.
you cant find cumulative ratings like that anywhere else.

Yeah, tscc1000's ratings thread looks nice. That's some pretty fancy visual formatting. Why wouldn't people know about the thread? There's always a bot or two listed in users online. One would assume those are updating search indexes because it says "bots Google".

IMO, I'd leave the thread posting configuration as default (the way it is now, I assume) because that's what most people are accustomed to in forums. Top to bottom, left to right, last post at the bottom is what virtually all forums do. Going against the grain in that area would probably annoy a lot of people.

But you can jump to the last post
When you're on the main page of the forum looking at the list of shows, there's a tiny little icon in the far right column of "last post" just after the name of the user who posted last. If you hover over it with the mouse, it will popup "view latest post". If you click the little icon, it will jump you to the last page and last post of that user kind of similar to the what the Untaint script will do after you do a new post.

The problem is: it's not easily noticed, and it will jump you to the latest post and not necessarily to a thread you're most interested in. I didn't notice the icon myself, until you brought up this topic, because it's so small and darkened. But maybe there's a setting in the site's visual settings that will make that feature stand out, or perhaps, there's a different color scheme that will make it more bold.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 3:01 pm

WESTWORLD
Air Date: Sunday, October 16, 2016
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on HBO
Episode Title: (#03/103) "The Stray"

Episode #3: "The Stray"

Elsie (Shannon Woodward) and Stubbs (Luke Hemsworth) head into the hills in pursuit of a missing host. Teddy (James Marsden) gets a new backstory, which sets him off in pursuit of a new villain, leaving Dolores (Evan Rachel Wood) alone in Sweetwater. Bernard (Jeffrey Wright) investigates the origins of madness and hallucinations within the hosts. William (Jimmi Simpson) finds an attraction he'd like to pursue and drags Logan (Ben Barnes) along for the ride.

Written by Daniel T. Thomsen & Lisa Joy; directed by Neil Marshall.

Read more: Westworld on HBOTheFutonCritic

Promo pics for ep 1x03:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUSOAeyTJAg

Last edited by tscc1000 on Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 3:06 pm

SurfingEagle wrote:
IMO, I'd leave the thread posting configuration as default (the way it is now, I assume) because that's what most people are accustomed to in forums. Top to bottom, left to right, last post at the bottom is what virtually all forums do. Going against the grain in that area would probably annoy a lot of people.
I'd prefer that too.

BTW, the trailer for 1x03 looks exciting ... can't wait! bounce
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 3:43 pm

T5000 wrote:
tscc , were those s caps from a   I hadnt seen one with subs.

He may be human, but since he cant be hurt, I dont see that there is any real challenge for
any guest.

And you have to wonder where he got info on the maze and where the clues were, and how

The guests remind me of when I play certain video games, and by the end, I'm so OP I get lazy and sloppy unlike the beginning where I have to use strategy and tactics in order to survive. In video game culture, you're largely considered a wuss if you admit to anything other than playing at the highest level of difficulty.

Maybe, if they could increase the pain level of the bullets for certain guests, that would start to make things more interesting.

MiB was in the dream/memory of that head prostitute (forgot her name, starts with an M) when the Indians were scalping hosts. Maybe, he looked at a scalp in past visits and noticed a maze pattern but didn't think of it as a clue until now.

Kind of a horrific way of passing on a clue. BTW, those Indians were terrifying. Maybe, the best I've seen in TV or movies.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 1:19 am

there's a tiny little icon in the far right column of "last post" just after the name of the user who posted last. ....... ok i never noticed that either lol , I will just train myself to use that !
So we will keep thread as it is, thanx SE.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 1:25 am

SurfingEagle wrote:
T5000 wrote:
tscc , were those s caps from a   I hadnt seen one with subs.

any guest.

The guests remind me of when I play certain video games, and by the end, I'm so OP I get lazy and sloppy unlike the beginning where I have to use strategy and tactics in order to survive. In video game culture, you're largely considered a wuss if you admit to anything other than playing at the highest level of difficulty.

Maybe, if they could increase the pain level of the bullets for certain guests, that would start to make things more interesting.

MiB was in the dream/memory of that head prostitute (forgot her name, starts with an M) when the Indians were scalping hosts. Maybe, he looked at a scalp in past visits and noticed a maze pattern but didn't think of it as a clue until now.

Kind of a horrific way of passing on a clue. BTW, those Indians were terrifying. Maybe, the best I've seen in TV or movies.
those Indians were terrifying...... yeah they were , and not politically correct !! lol
increase the pain level of the bullets for certain guests..... and maybe just certain guests or at request.

a wuss if you admit to anything other than playing at the highest level of difficulty. well when I was younger,
I would think like that, but now, I just play to enjoy playing, not to prove anything.
About the only game I play is the old doom game, and sometimes I play legit, sometimes cheat codes.
I usually go next to highest level, but never the top one.
I have to use keyboard, so that makes it all harder.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 1:39 am

glad I came here it reminded me this was on tonight !
I was looking for WD 7.01, and had oct 16 as the date and tscc did not correct me,
so was looking for that !
now I find it is 23rd.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 2:58 pm

T5000 wrote:
I was looking for WD 7.01, and had oct 16 as the date and tscc did not correct me,
so was looking for that !
now I find it is 23rd.
Well, Ez did mention that TWD S7 will premiere only on 23rd. That should do too?
BTW, did you ever check this out:

TV Series - Premiere Dates - 2015/2016

How much easier could I make it yet? Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 3:09 pm

Ep 1x03 was another good one.
Obviously parts of "Arnold's code" cause the glitches and might finally initiate some kind of consciousness. While Ford actually doesn't seem to want go down that road (he really sounds like a stone-cold guy without any empathy for the hosts, who simply wants to satisfy his customers), Bernard is willing to explore the new path of Dolores's evolution.
She has pulled the trigger now and killed another host, though "some hands are never meant to pull a trigger" ... and wait ... she couldn't be shot by another host??? Or was that even a visitor??? Shocked
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 8:55 pm

tscc1000 wrote:
Ep 1x03 was another good one.
Obviously parts of "Arnold's code" cause the glitches and might finally initiate some kind of consciousness. While Ford actually doesn't seem to want go down that road (he really sounds like a stone-cold guy without any empathy for the hosts, who simply wants to satisfy his customers), Bernard is willing to explore the new path of Dolores's evolution.
She has pulled the trigger now and killed another host, though "some hands are never meant to pull a trigger" ... and wait ... she couldn't be shot by another host??? Or was that even a visitor??? Shocked

Watched that scene with Dolores a couple times. To me, it looks like she went back to her starting position for a scene in front of the house after she shot the guy in the barn which was off script. But she was remembering a similar scenario before it happened when the guy shot her from the porch. So, she changed her reaction and avoided being shot this time. I think the guy on the porch was a host.

Notice, there was a man's voice that said "kill him!" when Dolores pulled the trigger.

Ford is still a puzzle. The idea that I got from his dialog was Arnold was his former partner, but it seems like Arnold was a scientist. Arnold was perhaps looking at the design of these AIs as a way to achieve a scientific goal of artificial consciousness. Perhaps, Arnold wasn't interested in profiting from his creations by putting them into an amusement park. Maybe, Arnold actually achieved what he set out to.

However, Ford may have been interested in profit, and still is. Therefore, he has kept the hosts dumbed down and following scripts? Funny, he mentioned that Arnold died at the park but didn't say how. That's suspicious for a number of reasons. But mostly, did he kill him so he could make money off the hosts?

Still, none of that explains why Ford was originally musing away about evolution, and then applied the update which started all this unless he genuinely didn't fully understand what was in the update. Or, perhaps Ford has been making updates all these years to suppress the original design of the hosts, and it's starting to fail.

In other words, the situation may not be that new programming is causing this but Arnold's original design is reasserting itself. That would explain why the sheriff continued to malfunction when Ford rolled the build back. The update wasn't causing it, just failing to keep things normal. Just a theory though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Westworld Season 1 General Discussion
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next