TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Continuum Season 4

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

tscc1000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 4:56 pm

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 5:26 pm

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 5:41 pm

I know I should be glad to get a wrap-up at all, but right now I can't help my big disappointment ...
I just can't see how they could provide a satisfying conclusion to such a complex show in only six eps, when Simon Barry earlier had said he'd have a story in mind for 5 to 7 seasons ... damn ... that sucks a lot ...
Sad Mad Sad Mad 

BTW, what a crap is that ...???
According to ShawMedia's press release the are talking of "... SHOWCASE’S SMASH-HIT ORIGINAL SERIES ..." and 
"... a suspenseful third season that reached more than 2.35 million viewers (v2+) and ended with a cliffhanger finale that won the night as the #1 program in key demos for all of Canadian specialty ..."

Yet they actually allow only final six episodes??? What the hell am I missing here????  scratch Suspect Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 5:54 am

Well Tscc, sadly it isnt about producing good shows, it is about money, and for money they need ratings.
Apparently it does good in canada, but that is a small market and not enough to support the show.
Ratings went down in america, and that is why syfy dropped it.
Ratings might not be good in other countries too.

I think the plan all along is that they were counting on selling the show to other markets, and that has
fizzled out.

The ratings control what we watch, not real popularity, it is all estimated and advertisers believe in it so
we get what the ratings allow, which means some crappy shows air for 10 years or more and some that are very good get only 1 or 2.

that is why I like to follow the ratings, so I know that a show is in trouble or not , it makes it easier
 when you know the axe is coming.
Also like with flash you know you can relax and show will be on for good while.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
T5000
Admin
T5000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 5:59 am

The other thing which I dont like is they never come out and say why or give any details, so the not knowing makes it worse.
they should just say the truth and all the whys but they dont.

I thought 6 shows was a little odd, but that suggests they dont want to spend much more $ ending it.
But like nikita, just be thankful it is getting those to end it.
Hopefully they give it a happy ending.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 12:49 pm

T5000 wrote:

Ratings went down in america, and that is why syfy dropped it.

As far as I read, syfy actually didn't drop it at all. They said months ago they would like to continue airing, but have to wait for the green light from Canada if the show would be continued at all. And they were never co-producers or something like that, they just bought the rights to air it in the USA.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 1:11 pm

T5000 wrote:

1) The other thing which I dont like is they never come out and say why or give any details, so the not knowing makes it worse.

2) But like nikita, just be thankful it is getting those to end it.
1) This!!!!!!!

I read somewhere about a speculation, that Continuum was not liked by "big money", because of it's critical and too blunt references to present behaviour and developments of big corporations. Maybe that's not that far-fetched?

2) Well, I have to say they did a fantastic job with the final six Nikitas. I didn't dare to expect that, but it was close to perfect.
The thing is though, I still imagine how awesome it could have been to have Nikita and its cool cast around for another two or three seasons.
With Continuum it's the same basically, but it will probably be much worse, because I simply cannot imagine, how they could finish theese complex storylines with all the philosophic background of their future world and the dead-on critical references to our present real-life developments in a satisfying way without feeling totally rushed or even haphazard ...
Well, well, I probably have to chew on this for a while ... that won't go away soon ... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 1:48 pm

Ok, this interview makes me a tiny little bit less sad. Maybe they manage to pull a "Nikita" ... let's hope so ...

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:50 pm

tscc1000 wrote:
T5000 wrote:

1) The other thing which I dont like is they never come out and say why or give any details, so the not knowing makes it worse.

2) But like nikita, just be thankful it is getting those to end it.
1) This!!!!!!!

I read somewhere about a speculation, that Continuum was not liked by "big money", because of it's critical and too blunt references to present behaviour and developments of big corporations. Maybe that's not that far-fetched?

2) Well, I have to say they did a fantastic job with the final six Nikitas. I didn't dare to expect that, but it was close to perfect.
The thing is though, I still imagine how awesome it could have been to have Nikita and its cool cast around for another two or three seasons.
With Continuum it's the same basically, but it will probably be much worse, because I simply cannot imagine, how they could finish theese complex storylines with all the philosophic background of their future world and the dead-on critical references to our present real-life developments in a satisfying way without feeling totally rushed or even haphazard ...
Well, well, I probably have to chew on this for a while ... that won't go away soon ... Crying or Very sad
That is a possibility, and also it is corporations that pay to advertise on shows, lol so they might not want to advertise on a show like that.
But without anyone with show saying why, we will never know.
I had read that syfy dropped it or was not going to renew for S-3 even, but I dont know if that was legit or not.
Just the fact that it aired in 135 countries seems to day it is making $, so maybe it was the message of the show, being anti corporate.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:51 pm

you did not post on the new arrow or 100 ep ??
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 1:07 am

T5000 wrote:
you did not post on the new arrow or 100 ep ??
I did on The 100 ...
But I haven't seen the latest Arrow yet.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 8:03 am

I read S-4 starts sept  4th 2015. on epguides.com, that is the date they have listed.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 3:41 pm

T5000 wrote:
I read S-4 starts sept  4th 2015. on epguides.com, that is the date they have listed.
Yeah, damn, they pushed it back ... Crying or Very sad

Continuum Final Season Pushed By Months

Showcase has pushed the premiere date for Continuum Season 4.
Continuum Spinoff To Tell ‘More Stories’ And Continue Political Social Discussion?
The time-travel drama’s fourth and final season was originally due to start July 26.
Per Shaw Media, the show’s swansong has now been pushed to fall 2015, to premiere in Canada on Friday, September 4 at 9pm.

http://www.shawmedia.ca/Media/PressReleaseDetail.aspx?pressReleaseId=6442462360

Syfy has yet to set a US premiere date for the final season of Continuum.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:51 pm

Well at least it is getting a ending, I just wonder if it will be happy ending or not.
Will she go back to her future and kid? or find happiness in past.
What will the final social statement be?
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 5:02 am

'Continuum' New Cast Announcement

Posted by Showcase
The group of Future Soldiers who have arrived to battle Keira Cameron (Rachel Nichols) and her team in the final season of Continuum will include Kyra Zagorsky (Helix, Soldiers of the Apocalypse), Michael Eklund (Bates Motel, Shattered), Ty Olsson (The 100, Nerds and Monsters), Aleks Paunovic (The 100, Arctic Air), Lisa Berry (Xlll: The Series, Nikita) and Garfield Wilson (Almost Human, Arrow).

Showcase’s Canadian original action-drama about a policewoman from 2077 who travels back in time to track down escaped Liber8 convicts from the future is currently in production. The six one-hour episode conclusion wrapped in late May and premieres September 04, 2015 on Showcase.

Among the regular returning cast are Victor Webster (Castle, Melrose Place), Erik Knudsen (Jericho, Scream 4), Brian Markinson (Mad Men, Arctic Air), Stephen Lobo (Arctic Air, Smallville), Roger Cross (Motive, Arrow), Omari Newton (Blue Mountain State, Sophie), Luvia Petersen (The L Word), Terry Chen (Bates Motel, Combat Hospital) and William B. Davis (X-Files).

Catch up on previous seasons of Continuum here.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 5:21 am

saturnawards
Congrats #continuum for the Special Recognition Award! #saturnawards
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 5:55 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deOL3L_pSVU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_ZyKtRUni8

Cool, that they figured out a way to have Roger in the final season of Continuum. He's a big part of it and it wouldn't be the same without him.
Maybe through some time travel Travis finally might get kind of an happy end?

It's nice to see him already again on Dark Matter (no match for Continuum, but pretty watchable) and The Strain (currently in S2 and getting even better than just ok imho).
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 6:19 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSeCt8Rzg4w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZGcL8dXUKc

I'm so torn ... on the one hand it's really sad that it has to end, when I so hoped for more seasons, but on the other hand I absolutely can't wait for the finale ... maybe they manage to pull a Nikita!!
Go Continuum!!!! cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 6:41 am

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 6:30 pm

Liber8 - a Continuum podcast with Mike & Dave

Show 086 – Continuum Season 4 Renewal:

"The fourth and final season of Continuum has been announced, and obviously the feelings are bittersweet. What happened to delay this announcement? Why are there only six episodes? When will the final episodes air? Will they have enough time to wrap things up? Will it fit with Simon Barry’s original vision? And what’s going on with the podcast? Mike and Dave attempt to answer these questions and more in our Season 4 renewal discussion."

Show 087 – Continuum Countdown:

"It’s been ages since we talked about our favorite show, Continuum, but it’s time to return to the podcast to tell you about the Continuum Countdown! Together with the ContinuumSeries folks on social media, Mike and Dave will be counting down the 36 days until the season four premiere with reminiscences of each episode of the previous three seasons, one per day. The countdown begins with the season 1, episode 1 remembrances on July 30.
Mike and Dave are also taking this opportunity to talk about what they’ve been up to, what summer shows they’ve been watching, including Dark Matter, Defiance, Killjoys, Falling Skies, Extant, Humans, (caution: spoilers) and other more obscure fare. Plus show news and upcoming convention guests!
The Liber8 Continuum podcast will return for the season three rewatch entitled “Season Three: What Struck Me,” a daily 8-minute revisiting that will take place in the final 13 days of the countdown."

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 2:52 am

yeah if the show was such a hit in canada , it is weird.
The only thing I can think of is if it did not do well elsewhere, maybe it needed to make
money in other markets to keep it going.
but then they say it airs in 132 countries lol

Just a mystery.

I admit 6 eps is short to end it.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 3:26 am

also this is a cable show, so shouldnt it be down in current cable shows by FTWD,Tyrant etc?
Leave FTWD on top as it is next up, and all 3 of us will watch discuss that.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 4:56 am

T5000 wrote:
also this is a cable show, so shouldnt it be down in current cable shows by FTWD,Tyrant etc?
Oh, it just says "Our Favorite current shows", not "our favorite broadcast shows", so I thought Continuum deserves the place there, because besides POI for me Continuum is definitely one of the best shows of the last years. I would easily sacrifice almost any of the other shows, if it helped Continuum to run for more seasons ... sadly it doesn't work like that ...
Maybe we can leave the Continuum forum up there for the last season ...
I even already tried to lure Ez into it, just don't know if he'll go for it (actually it should be the perfect deal to binge watch the first 3 seasons and then continue seamlessly with the final 6-ep-season 4).
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 9:01 am

tscc1000 wrote:
T5000 wrote:
Oh, it just says "Our Favorite current shows", not "our favorite broadcast shows", so I thought Continuum deserves the place there, because besides POI for me Continuum is definitely one of the best shows of the last years. I would easily sacrifice almost any of the other shows, if it helped Continuum to run for more seasons ... sadly it doesn't work like that ...
Maybe we can leave the Continuum forum up there for the last season ...
I even already tried to lure Ez into it, just don't know if he'll go for it (actually it should be the perfect deal to binge watch the first 3 seasons and then continue seamlessly with the final 6-ep-season 4).

LOL ok you got me , we can leave it here.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 6:37 am

Liber8 - a Continuum podcast with Mike & Dave

Continuum Season 3 “What Struck Me” Coming Soon!:

"Trying to learn Periscope as a live element to deliver podcast news, and Lila joined me today for a broadcast to talk about our upcoming series of mini-podcasts called “Season 3: What Struck Me.” More info about that very soon, but in the meantime, you can get a preview from this Katch Replay."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Continuum Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuum Season 4   Continuum Season 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Continuum Season 4
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next