TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pilot Episode

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ez

Ez

Pilot Episode Empty
PostSubject: Pilot Episode   Pilot Episode Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 12:29 pm

I really liked the first episode, I like how it picks up right away with the murder of Martha and Thomas Wayne, Nods to the Riddler and Penguin were cool, I think this show will be good, it had a goo debut in the ratings as well, I am hopeful that this will live up to the hype!
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Pilot Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode   Pilot Episode Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 5:43 pm

CBS The Big Bang Theory 5.3 17 17.80
NBC The Voice (8-10PM) 3.9 11 12.70
FOX Gotham 3.2 10 8.00
ABC Dancing with the Stars (8-10PM) 2.0 6 12.00
CW Whose Line is it Anyway? -R 0.3 1 0.92
tvbythenumbers.com
8:30PM CBS The Big Bang Theory 5.4 15 18.00
CW Whose Line is it Anyway? -R 0.3 1 1.07

9:00PM CBS Scorpion 3.3 9 14.00
FOX Sleepy Hollow 2.0 5 5.50
CW America's Next Top Model 0.4 1 1.17

tvbythenumbers.com
10:00PM NBC The Blacklist 3.4 10 12.50
CBS Under the Dome 1.8 5 7.60
ABC Forever 1.5 4 8.30

For a premiere the 8 mil is too low, the 3.2 demo is ok but will drop into the 2's next show.

I watched the first 10 min and did not really care for it, but will watch the whole show and see.
I didnt care for the actors for some of these parts, like penguin, the riddle , the crime boss woman, harvey.
also I saw no need to have penquin and riddler in the first ep as dorks.
when it comes to these bad guys the either need a great actor playing the part and or something likable about them, and the penquin had neither.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
T5000
Admin
T5000

Pilot Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode   Pilot Episode Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 5:53 pm

ABC Forever 1.5 /4/ 8.30
I liked this show , but demo is too low and the 8.3 mil is like Gotham, not bad, but it will fall in
next 2-3 shows.
I predict this show will be 1.1/?/6 mil by ep 3

gotham 2.7/-/ 6 mil by ep 3 the only hope for this show is that the demo stays above 2.5

I thought just for the subject the pilot would be 5.0 /-/14 and then fall off to something like blacklist is.
now it cannot afford to drop off much, but most do.
The next 2-3 shows will be the drop off , so depends on how much it can hold on to.
Back to top Go down
webruce

webruce

Pilot Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode   Pilot Episode Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 10:47 pm

The robbing and murder scene of Dr. Thomas and Martha Wayne was well shown. Young Master Bruce did a good job as well. Wondering who the shinny shoed murderer is? Can't remember if comics ever told. Didn't check Bullocks shoes, lol. I like Alfred Pennyworth, Pertwee should be a future Dr. Who, like his dad was. Also in one of the Batman cartoon series, Alfred battled the Penguin,while Batman was on another case. Maybe some how that could be worked into this series for one episode? To show that Alfred isn't just a servant? Even in the '60's Batman series he showed his deftness at fighting with his umbrella.

I liked how James solved the prisoner with the cops gun and hostage. All the other officers had a gun on him, and James went in and stopped him. Then Harvey Bullock telling him that they had it handled. I thought it funny that James called Harvey Lackadaisical, lol. He does fit that look.

I kinda wished that they hadn't shown Harvey to be in cahoots with Fish Mooney so soon. There should have been that grey area. He's a cop but he might get and do favors for Mob leaders like Fish. But it isn't clear. Now I know that with Mario Pepper and the necklace, they had to show he was framed to set up the "Gordon won't stop until he brings the Wayne's murderer to justice" angle. But to have Bullock come right out as a dirty cop and other cops and government employees are crooked is a tough road for Gordon to travel. But with how Fish had Butch Gilzean string up both Jim and Harvey, maybe Harvey won't be so eager to help her? You see his "influence" didn't matter with her. Will be interesting to see which side Captain Sarah Essen, Detectives Renee Montoya, and Crispus Allen fall on. Mayor Aubrey James, probably looks the other way at times. Curious to why Major Case don't get along with Harvey? Do they suspect he's dirty?

Hope characters like Sgt. Tannembaum, Butch Gilzean,and the Desk Sergent aren't written out anytime soon. They needs these small constants to make things more believable.

Wonder what secret Renee Montoya and Barbara Kean have between them? Hope it isn't dropped anytime soon. Someone suggested a bi relationship in the past. But it could be anything. Didn't catch what Barbara's job is. Did Barbara call her Victoria once? Is that a middle name, or something? Or maybe Renee is her middle name?

Did like Carmine Falcone and his team coming in and stopping the slaughter. His talk to Jim about his father being the DA.and the understanding they had was interesting. "I'm a business man and you can't have organized crime with out law and order!" I can see in the future Carmine and Fish bumping heads, and probably Oswald doing things to make one think the other was behind it.

Yes, maybe the Pilot did put in to many clues already to who Oswald Cobblepot, Edward Nygma, Selina Kyle, and Ivy Peppers will become, but hopefully as the series develops they will have smaller more subtle clues. But please don't water down the little neuonces of each character. It happens on to many shows. A person starts out liking say hard rock(Greg-CSI) which rubs his boss(Grissom-Classical) the wrong way. Over the years you can't tell what his taste is and he also tamed other parts like hair do, etc. So please don't dilute the different nuances of each character.

Not sure why Oswald killed the fisherman? Was he upset, frustrated or hungry? Was it a fish sandwich?
It is an interesting story line. Hope they can keep it that way. But Harvey and James have to be more careful with the crooks they p- off.
Back to top Go down
webruce

webruce

Pilot Episode Empty
PostSubject: Gotham   Pilot Episode Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 10:48 am

Well the girls seem to have been real close, maybe not "dating"close, but close friends. I wonder if Barbara worked for Falcone or someone like him in her past?  Maybe she was a numbers runner or something like that even? Or dare I say a "hostess"? Renee may have done the same or been undercover?

Another Forum post wondered why Bruce was made a regular, he should disappear after the Pilot they said.

Bruce maybe kept as a regular so he can give Jim more information about the shooter, or ask Jim about any updates on the case? We may as stated above see Bruce develop investigative skills.

Bruce may not have a lot of money that he can use right now, but he may sometime be able to pay an investigator or assist someway financially to find his parents killer.

1 question I had was what time period this show is set in? The Dodge Diplomat/Plymouth Gran Fury that Bullock and Gordon drove is from the late 1980's. That time frame would put Batman/Bruce in his mid to late 30's today. But they had cell phones! Which would bring it more up to date. Flip phones(I still carry one), but that puts it late '00's- today. I thought well maybe one of the Detectives owns the Classic Car? But both men drove it, that would put more of a GCPD paid for vehicle tag on it.  Didn't really remember what the other vehicles around Gotham looked like. Any Ideas?

Last edited by webruce on Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:51 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added thought.)
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Pilot Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode   Pilot Episode Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 4:38 am

thought well maybe one of the Detectives owns the Classic Car? But both men drove it, that would put more of a GCPD paid for vehicle tag on it. Didn't really remember what the other vehicles around Gotham looked like. Any Ideas?

the other cops the black guy and montoya woman also drove the same type car, they did not show any other cars clearly.
Why they would use that old car I dont know, no telling with this show runner.

Like how did cat girl get to the wayne mansion? did she walk, run on all fours?
Did she come to start at the mansion?
Why did penquin kill the fisherman?? he wanted his sandwich !! Smile
Pilots are usually not all that good, so will give this a few shows and see if it gets better.

Not as bad as the cape pilot, but was kinda sloppy and introduced too much, and didnt focus on anything, so there was nothing really there.

what kind of name is fish mooney for a woman?? is she in the comics?
In a way gordon caused the fisherman's death by letting Mr P go.

Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

Pilot Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode   Pilot Episode Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 9:58 am

Fish Mooney was created just for the show
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pilot Episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode   Pilot Episode Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pilot Episode
Page 1 of 1