TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Continuum 3x09 "Minute of Silence"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

tscc1000

Continuum 3x09 "Minute of Silence" Empty
PostSubject: Continuum 3x09 "Minute of Silence"   Continuum 3x09 "Minute of Silence" Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 8:29 pm

Continuum Season 3 Episode 09: "Minute of Silence" (Sunday, May 25, 2014 @ 09:00 PM ET/PT)

"Kiera and Carlos, reeling from a shocking loss, hunt down a ring of enigmatic high-tech thieves, even as a handsome, yet distant amnesiac begs for help in discovering his identity."

Source: Continuum at Showcase

Promo pics of S03E09:

Continuum Episode 309 "Minute of Silence" - Official Trailer

https://youtu.be/jlT984B3lyM

Sneak Peek: Continuum 309 "Minute of Silence"

https://youtu.be/LjN8GfftRwA
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x09 "Minute of Silence"   Continuum 3x09 "Minute of Silence" Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 9:21 pm

As usual Continuum delivered with ep 3x09 a pretty good one.
This mysterious John Doe rather obviously is from the future (self healing nano tech in his knee!). The question is, why does he remember only Kiera's name and ... from what future does he come?
It also seems that Curtis (the "freelancing" freelancer) knows John Doe. I don't think that it only was a coincident, when he showed up at John Doe's hotel. Maybe he was looking for him? But did you see Curtis's face, when he saw John Doe and Kiera together? He seemed totally surprised about that. I think this John Doe will yet play an important role.
Piron Alec obviously gets caught now by his business interests and needs and by his fascination of technology. Clever move btw by Kellog to move Jason into Piron to support Alec, because despite some weirdness Jason with his knowlegde of future technology could be a serious help to Alec. And Kellogs smile, when he walked out after he got his deal from Alec, was revealing. Kellog indeed is playing his own game and he exactly knows what he wants and what to do.
Finally the scene, when Piron Alec was drilling into dead Kiera's head to remove the CMR chip, was kind of shocking. Harvesting a friend's corpse, wtf Alec .... Piron Alec clearly crossed a line here and puts his business interests over any moral qualms. Kiera clearly handed over the wrong Alec to the Freelancers ...
Another piece of the puzzle was provided in the flashforward, when Kiera hesitated to arrest the civilians, who were waiting for citizen chip extraction, because in her view they hadn't have done anything wrong yet. Her officer in charge just ordered her to book all of them for possible intention. And she still wondered why anyone at all would want to get rid of the "benefits" af a citicen chip ...
Last but not least the parkour sequence with that thief who was stealing the high-tech equipment, was pretty cool to watch. I wonder if we'll see more of him, maybe after he was caught, he could cooperate with or even be recruited by Dillon's "new police". Anyways, good to see Betty's murderer arrested. So she obviously became a victim in the war of the corporationas, because she came to close to the truth about Sanmanto.
Looking foward now to ep 3x10 ...
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x09 "Minute of Silence"   Continuum 3x09 "Minute of Silence" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 1:58 pm

Liber8 - a Continuum podcast with Mike & Dave

Here's the podcast for Continuum episode 3x09 "Minute of Silence":

"Internet outages and family illnesses delayed our podcast this week, but we managed to cobble together a patchwork of a discussion for Minute of Silence, which will no doubt go down in the annals as the episode that introduced Ryan Robbins‘ John Doe character. Will this be a romantic interest for our hero? Between Kellog’s new strategy and Alec’s increasingly abhorrent behavior, the remaining episodes should have some interesting things in store! Join us for sci fi news, nitpicks, predictions, and some great listener feedback as well as our Continuum Closeup game."

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x09 "Minute of Silence"   Continuum 3x09 "Minute of Silence" Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 4:39 pm

tscc1000 wrote:
As usual Continuum delivered with ep 3x09 a pretty good one........Yeah it was better than avg.

This mysterious John Doe rather obviously is from the future (self healing nano tech in his knee!). The question is, why does he remember only Kiera's name and ... from what future does he come?...... That probably doesnt matter. But he is a good addition.

It also seems that Curtis (the "freelancing" freelancer) knows John Doe. I don't think that it only was a coincident, when he showed up at John Doe's hotel. Maybe he was looking for him? But did you see Curtis's face, when he saw John Doe and Kiera together? He seemed totally surprised about that. I think this John Doe will yet play an important role.

Piron Alec obviously gets caught now by his business interests and needs and by his fascination of technology. Clever move btw by Kellog to move Jason into Piron to support Alec, because despite some weirdness Jason with his knowlegde of future technology could be a serious help to Alec. And Kellogs smile, when he walked out after he got his deal from Alec, was revealing. Kellog indeed is playing his own game and he exactly knows what he wants and what to do...........the problem is I have no idea what kellog is ever up to anymore which makes him less interesting. Before it was simpler and we knew more abut what he was up to.

Finally the scene, when Piron Alec was drilling into dead Kiera's head to remove the CMR chip, was kind of shocking. Harvesting a friend's corpse, wtf Alec .... Piron Alec clearly crossed a line here and puts his business interests over any moral qualms. Kiera clearly handed over the wrong Alec to the Freelancers .........yeah thats what I said earlier, he is going to use the cmr for profit.

Another piece of the puzzle was provided in the flashforward, when Kiera hesitated to arrest the civilians, who were waiting for citizen chip extraction, because in her view they hadn't have done anything wrong yet. Her officer in charge just ordered her to book all of them for possible intention. And she still wondered why anyone at all would want to get rid of the "benefits" af a citicen chip ...
Last but not least the parkour sequence with that thief who was stealing the high-tech equipment, was pretty cool to watch........yeah he could do spiderman without spec effects lol
I wonder if we'll see more of him, maybe after he was caught, he could cooperate with or even be recruited by Dillon's "new police". ........I doubt it
Anyways, good to see Betty's murderer arrested. So she obviously became a victim in the war of the corporations, because she came to close to the truth about Sanmanto.......... It is still unclear why, and that affects the impact, I think maybe she pulled a lauren and got another job? like the other guy who is now on the 100.

Looking foward now to ep 3x10 ...

Ok I answered in your post, also it was good to see carlos act like he had some motivation again. I guess he is still struggling with keira's death and cant accept the new one as the same.
I wonder what carlos will think if he sees the hole in her head now.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x09 "Minute of Silence"   Continuum 3x09 "Minute of Silence" Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 5:38 pm

T5000 wrote:
Quote :

1)Yeah it was better than avg.

2)That probably doesnt matter. But he is a good addition.

3) the problem is I have no idea what kellog is ever up to anymore which makes him less interesting. Before it was simpler and we knew more abut what he was up to.
4) yeah thats what I said earlier, he is going to use the cmr for profit.
5) I doubt it
6) It is still unclear why, and that affects the impact, I think maybe she pulled a lauren and got another job? like the other guy who is now on the 100.

7) ... also it was good to see carlos act like  he had some motivation again. I guess he is still struggling with keira's death and cant accept the new one as the same.
8 ) I wonder what carlos will think if he sees the hole in her head now.
1) Now we start talking ...  Wink

2) LOL ... If you just knew already ...

3) What's it all the time with "better simpler" and "too complex" ... Rolling Eyes
Quite the opposite. If watched with some kind of dedication and concentration, it's fun to watch and fascinating imho. E. g. did you notice that the glasses, which Kellog gave to Jason when he dressed him up and sent him to Piron, are equipped with a camera, so that Kellog is able to spy on Piron Alec and his technical developments ever since? Also, just watch eps 3x10 and 3x11 and you might get thrilled just as I am ...

4) Yet I think he also still somehow believes (or just wants to) that his Halo project would do something good for mankind and what he did is for the greater good.

5) You are probably right.

6) No, it's not unclear. She was killed by that mercenary who was hired by Sanmanto, because she was close to revealing their dirty secrets (just watch the webisode of ep 3x08 -->  Continuum Season 3 Webisodes).
So no "pulling a Lauren" ... LOL
Neither does the actor who plays Julian/Theseus. I think his role at Continuum is much more important and lasting than in The 100, where he could be killed anytime.

7) Now you get it right!

8 ) Cannot comment on that here and now without spoiling you, so wait and see!  Wink
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x09 "Minute of Silence"   Continuum 3x09 "Minute of Silence" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 9:58 pm

3) What's it all the time with "better simpler" and "too complex" ... Rolling Eyes
Quite the opposite. If watched with some kind of dedication and concentration, it's fun to watch and fascinating imho. E. g. did you notice that the glasses, which Kellog gave to Jason when he dressed him up and sent him to Piron, are equipped with a camera, so that Kellog is able to spy on Piron Alec and his technical developments ever since? Also, just watch eps 3x10 and 3x11 and you might get thrilled just as I am ...

OK if this was the only show I watched, and if I waited till they all had aired so I could watch at a faster pace then complex is OK.
But that isnt the case, and if the show gets lost in complex and being too diverse, then they will lose viewers.
Also  a show can be complex in little things, but still have simplicity in the main arc , and main characters.

for example, in S-1 kira had a simple goal once she arrived, stop liber 8.
Her main focus was on them and most shows were dealing with liber 8.

Now this season what is her simple goal?, at first it was to correct the problem of alec going to the past, but now I am not sure what her goal is, or if the alec problem was taken care of.
then now they inject another guy from the future with his goals,Kellogg has his mystery goals. Alec, well one is in jail, the other is going bad and he doesnt seem to know what he is  doing either.
Liber 8 is mostly just in background.
The betty thing still does not seem right , who hired the guy to kill her and to me she just was not important enough for a sloppy hit right on a public street !
none of this seems to mesh together, it is just separate storylined mashed together.

I think they need to hire josh Friedman  LOL let him simplify and at same time come up with some weird stuff we can wonder about.
Another thing is kira is just kinda boring, it is hard to care about her, as she is sort of robotic.
they let us get to know the future past kira, who isnt likable, but dont let us in  with kira in the past/present.

Julian, Before I understood him but not now, I dont know what he is up to, he seems to be just going with the flow, and has been drawn back in as a leader of sorts.

POI got a little complex and made us wonder about decima and the head guy there , but they wrapped it all up at the end and explained it all, I doubt that happens in this show.

One reason I like bates motel, is they allow us to get to know norma and norman in depth, and there are serious moments, and funny moments, we see them up and down, where as with kira, we dont get to know present kira , and  dont see her happy or having fun, just the same ol serious , arrest someone kira.
justified is another show that stays simple and allows you to know characters in depth.
and they make them likable, same for bates.
Also they have a season story arc, which is simple and easy to follow, and the fun is just watching it all play out.

Right now there are no characters I really like in continuum. and this is due to the way they write the show. so I watch for the story which just isnt all that good
Even JF gave me characters that I liked.
So  this show could use some better writing, and better character depth and handling of characters, make some likable, and have clear bad guys.
Mystery and complex is ok if you dont overdo it, and if you have likable characters.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x09 "Minute of Silence"   Continuum 3x09 "Minute of Silence" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Continuum 3x09 "Minute of Silence"
Page 1 of 1