TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

tscc1000

12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: 12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion   12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 8:11 am

12 Monkeys - Ordered to Series at Syfy

NEW YORK – April 4, 2014 – Syfy is giving a series greenlight to 12 Monkeys, a drama based on the 1995 Universal Pictures film directed by Terry Gilliam, it was announced today by Syfy President, Dave Howe. Syfy is ordering 12 episodes in addition to the pilot which was filmed last year. The series is produced by Universal Cable Productions and Atlas Entertainment, producer of the original theatrical.

Said Dave Howe, “‘12 Monkeys’ is a captivating time travel adventure and high stakes race against the clock. We are thrilled to add it to our slate of engaging and thought-provoking new scripted projects including the recently announced event series ‘Ascension’ and the second season renewal of ‘Helix’ from Ron Moore.”

12 Monkeys, starring Aaron Stanford (Nikita, X-Men: The Last Stand, X2), Amanda Schull (Suits, Pretty Little Liars), Noah Bean (Nikita, Damages) and Kirk Acevedo (Fringe), follows the journey of a time traveler (Stanford) from the post-apocalyptic future who appears in present day on a mission to locate and eradicate the source of a deadly plague that will eventually decimate the human race.

Atlas Entertainment’s Charles Roven (American Hustle, Man of Steel, The Dark Knight Trilogy) and Richard Suckle (American Hustle, The International), will Executive Produce. Roven produced the original film. Jake Kurily will serve as Atlas’s executive on the series. Terry Matalas & Travis Fickett (Nikita), writers of the pilot, will serve as Co-Executive Producers with Natalie Chaidez (In Plain Sight, V, Heroes) as Executive Producer/Showrunner. Jeffrey Reiner (Friday Night Lights) directed and served as Executive Producer on the pilot.

The drama is slated to premiere in January of 2015.

Source: 12 Monkeys @ Syfy

12 Monkeys - Production Press Release

NEW YORK – July 29, 2014 – Syfy’s adventure thriller, 12 Monkeys will commence series production August 6 in Toronto, Canada. The season, consisting of 13 episodes, stars Aaron Stanford (as time-traveler Cole), Amanda Schull (Dr. Cassandra Railly), Kirk Acevedo (Ramse) and Noah Bean (Aaron Marker).

Syfy also confirms additional casting, inking Tom Noonan (Damages, Hell on Wheels) and Emily Hampshire (Rookie Blue) for recurring roles.

Noonan portrays a mysterious villain who is the face of the enigmatic Army of the 12 Monkeys. Imposing and intelligent, Noonan’s character will be at the center of the conspiracy. A Yale alumnus and former professor, Noonan is known for his edgy roles, most notably as the “Tooth Fairy” serial killer in the popular Michael Mann film, Manhunter. Noonan is represented by Vanguard Management and AKA Talent Agency.

Hampshire will portray Jennifer Goines, a dangerous, unstable mental patient who might have the key to unraveling the mystery of the 12 Monkeys locked away in her head. Canadian actress Hampshire has starred in Cosmpolis and will next be seen in the CBC series Schitt’s Creek alongside Eugene Levy and Catherine O’Hara. Hampshire is represented by Intellectual Artists Management and Creative Drive Artists.

Atlas Entertainment’s Charles Roven (American Hustle, Man of Steel, The Dark Knight Trilogy) and Richard Suckle (American Hustle, The International), will executive produce. Roven served as producer on the original film. Jake Kurily will serve as Atlas’s executive on the series. Natalie Chaidez (In Plain Sight, V, Heroes) is the executive producer/showrunner and Terry Matalas & Travis Fickett (Nikita), who co-wrote the pilot, will serve as Co-Executive Producers. Jake Kurily will serve as Atlas’s executive on the series. 12 Monkeys is produced by Atlas Entertainment, with Universal Cable Productions.

Inspired by the classic blockbuster film, 12 Monkeys explores the provocative story of Cole (Stanford), a time traveler from a decimated future in a high-stakes race against the clock. Utilizing a dangerous and untested method of time travel, he journeys from 2043 to the present day on a mission to locate and eradicate the source of a deadly plague that will all but annihilate the human race. The series will explore the themes of fate, destiny, love and the possibility of second chances.

Last edited by tscc1000 on Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: 12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion   12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 8:22 am

I will be checking this out, I liked the movie
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: 12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion   12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 8:36 am

12 Monkeys - About

12 Monkeys is a drama based on the 1995 Universal Pictures film directed by Terry Gilliam.
The show follows the journey of a time traveler, Cole, from the post-apocalyptic future.  Using a dangerous and untested method of time travel, Cole arrives in the present day on a mission to locate and eradicate the source of a deadly plague that will eventually decimate 93.6% of the human race. Will Cole be able to save the fate of mankind or is mankind bound by fate? Taking place in the ravaged future of 2043 and the present day (2015), 12 Monkeys explores themes of destiny, fate, love and the possibility of second chances.
Atlas Entertainment’s Charles Roven (American Hustle, Man of SteelThe Dark Knight Trilogy) and Richard Suckle (American HustleThe International) serve as Executive Producers. Roven produced the original film. Terry Matalas & Travis Fickett (Nikita), writers of the pilot, will serve as Co-Executive Producers with Natalie Chaidez (In Plain SightVHeroes) as Executive Producer/Showrunner. Jeffrey Reiner (Friday Night Lights) directed and served as Executive Producer on the pilot.

Source: http://www.syfy.com/12monkeys/about

12 Monkeys - Premiere Date - Press Release

NEW YORK – October 9, 2014 – Syfy’s anticipated adventure thriller 12 Monkeys will make its series premiere on Friday, January 16 at 9pm ET/PT. Inspired by the classic blockbuster film, which commemorates its 20th anniversary next year, 12 Monkeys explores the provocative story of a time traveler from a decimated future in a high-stakes race against the clock. Utilizing a dangerous and untested method of time travel, he journeys from 2043 to the present day on a mission to locate and eradicate the source of a deadly plague that will all but annihilate the human race. The series is produced by Universal Cable Productions in association with Atlas Entertainment, producer of the original theatrical film.

12 Monkeys stars Aaron Stanford (as time-traveler Cole), Amanda Schull (Dr. Cassandra Railly), Kirk Acevedo (Ramse), Barbara Sukowa (Jones) and Noah Bean (Aaron Marker). Additional key recurring roles include Tom Noonan (Damages, Hell On Wheels) as a mysterious villain and Emily Hampshire (Rookie Blue) as mental patient Jennifer Goines.
Atlas Entertainment’s Charles Roven (American Hustle, Man of Steel, The Dark Knight Trilogy) and Richard Suckle (American Hustle, The International), will executive produce. Roven served as producer on the original film. Jake Kurily will serve as Atlas’s producer on the series. Natalie Chaidez (In Plain Sight, V, Heroes) is the executive producer/showrunner and Terry Matalas & Travis Fickett (Nikita), who co-wrote the pilot, will serve as Co-Executive Producers. 12 Monkeys is produced by Universal Cable Productions in association with Atlas Entertainment.

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: 12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion   12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 8:40 am

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: 12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion   12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 8:42 am

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: 12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion   12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 8:44 am

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: 12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion   12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 8:54 am

Ez wrote:
Actually I can't remember to ever have watched the movie completely ... Shocked
Though I do remember scenes with Bruce Willis (probably from trailers) and it seems to be very popular amongst Sci-Fi fans.
Looks like I might have some "gap in education" here ... Wink
So I probably should check out the movie?
Anyways, the preview videos and the cast (NIKITA reunion!!! bounce ) of the series look pretty promising, so I will definitely check it out with a rather positive approach.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: 12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion   12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 10:36 am

12 Monkeys S01 Cast Promo pics:

Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: 12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion   12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 1:14 pm

tscc1000 wrote:
Ez wrote:
Actually I can't remember to ever have watched the movie completely ... Shocked
Though I do remember scenes with Bruce Willis (probably from trailers) and it seems to be very popular amongst Sci-Fi fans.
Looks like I might have some "gap in education" here ... Wink
So I probably should check out the movie?
Anyways, the preview videos and the cast (NIKITA reunion!!! bounce ) of the series look pretty promising, so I will definitely check it out with a rather positive approach.

Yea, I think it is worth watching, The Brad Pitt character from the movie has been changed to a female on the show so that is interesting.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: 12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion   12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 2:04 pm

Scene from Amanda Schull's (Dr. Cassandra Railly in 12 Monkeys) guest appearance in Nikita:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bZlbJFgtCI

Nikita! Those were the times ... Cool
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: 12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion   12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 3:02 pm

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: 12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion   12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 1:57 am

no need to watch the movie tscc , the story should be self contained in the tv show.
I will check it out but remember it is syfy channel and they are notorious for bad shows and movies.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: 12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion   12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 7:12 pm

T5000 wrote:
no need to watch the movie tscc , the story should be self contained in the tv show.
I will check it out but remember it is syfy channel and they are notorious for bad shows and movies.
Well, we hopefully might get an exception of the rule then.
While I haven't seen the praised Battlestar Galactica series so far, I consider Caprica as excellent and Helix as well as Ascension as pretty good. Additionally they air Continuum, currently the best show besides PoI.
So even with Syfy there is hope, especially regarding the Nikita cast as a bonus.
Also the First-Nine-Minute-Preview is promising imho.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: 12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion   12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 4:57 pm

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: 12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion   12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 7:52 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion   12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

12 Monkeys - Season 1 General Discussion
Page 1 of 1