TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

tscc1000

Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes" Empty
PostSubject: Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes"   Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 5:02 am

Continuum Season 3 Episode 12: "The Dying Minutes" (Sunday, June 15, 2014 @ 09:00 PM ET/PT)

"Something's hidden deep in the Freelancer facility. Kiera and John Doe work to retrieve it, but the price of knowledge may be betrayal. Carlos resolves to wrest control of the VPD from Piron and Dillon. Help arrives courtesy of an unlikely – and deadly – ally."

Source: Continuum at Showcase

Promo pics of S03E12:

Continuum Episode 312 "The Dying Minutes" - Official Trailer

https://youtu.be/7RgQPhQjic4

Last edited by tscc1000 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes"   Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 7:21 pm

Well, ep 3x12 was kind of the "Red Wedding" episode for Continuum. What a body count!! Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes" Icon_eek
I especially am shocked by Sonya's fate. She should have listened to Travis. But it was an outstanding performance by Lexa Doig.
I'll definitely miss her in the show.
What a fascinating show Continuum has turned out to be ... only one ep to go ... can't believe that S3 again is almost over ...
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes"   Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 7:33 pm

Quinn Archer - 'Dark Places' (Continuum Cut) [Spoilers]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rQ7MnxwQCk

Great scenes of a great show ... and perfectly fitting music (not the first time in Continuum) ... I really fealt for Travis, he was devastated by Sonya's fate ...

D­amn, now I can't stop listening to the song ...

Quinn Archer - "Dark Places" (Official Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd7iyNv1qEA

(featuring "Travis", "Theseus" and "Kellogg" ;-))

Last edited by tscc1000 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes"   Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 7:57 pm

‘Continuum’ Q&A: Simon Barry on “The Dying Minutes”

Show creator explains Liber8's latest casualty, The Traveler and sets up next week's season finale.

by Greg David, June 15, 2014 10:00:13 PM

With one week to go before Continuum‘s third season finale, Sunday’s “The Dying Minutes” closed a few doors while opening others. One Liber8 member said goodbye–in this storyline anyway–The Freelancers fought to stay alive and a mysterious new character was introduced. Series creator Simon Barry had lots to tell us this week, including what it was like directing his first-ever action sequence and what fans can expect in next Sunday’s finale.

TVGuide.ca: Another huge episode. Following up on last week’s realization that nothing Liber8 could do would change history, Sonya allowed herself to be arrested and then detonated a bomb in the police precinct, killing her and grievously injuring Dillon. Was her exit an homage to Kagame?

Simon Barry: In light of what had happened, this was one of the few plays that she had left, to be a martyr in the way that Kagame was.

TVGC: What was Lexa’s reaction when you told her what was going to happen to Sonya?

SB: Lexa is a real pro, and she understood that the only thing worse than being killed as a character is not being used well as a character, and I think that because we were in the position that we were coming to a conclusion in the Liber8 story that the opportunities for her going forward were not as interesting. When I mentioned it to her the first time, she was pretty clear that the opportunity to go out in a blaze of glory was something she not only thought was possible, but she liked it.

TVGC: I’ve enjoyed Sonya’s back story this season; learning about her past and how she became part of Liber8 has been really interesting.

SB: We knew early on that we wanted to fill in some bits and pieces and that this was one of our options. We definitely felt like, in Episode 7 for example where we see the Sonya back story, was one way for us to kind of honour the Sonya storyline. Now, that doesn’t mean we don’t have more opportunities to tell Sonya’s story. As you know on this show if somebody dies in the present, it just means that storyline may or may not be over. We certainly have many more stories about Liber8, before they went back in time, that we want to pursue in Season 4.

TVGC: You introduced another new character last night in The Traveler. Is he the first Freelancer? What can you tell me?

SB: The speculation, at least from Kiera’s perspective, is that the original Freelancer that she had been told about by Catherine, was sent back 1,000 years to set up this safety net and it had to start with one person. In The Traveler we thought it would be interesting to take that journey. And obviously given the technology that he has to be able to bring Curtis back, we are alluding to the fact that there is technology embedded within him that is related to time travel.

TVGC: Is there any religious connotation to the fact her can bring back people from the dead with the touch of a hand?

SB: If you want to make the religious connection … we’re not necessarily saying it’s religion …

Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes" 0101_simon
Simon Barry directing Sunday’s episode

TVGC: The Freelancer’s headquarters was the site of some epic fights last night. That fight between Brad and Kiera vs. the Freelancers was crazy; the choreography from Kimani Ray-Smith must have been something because they were all in that really small space.

SB: That was my very first action sequence and as I director I was really interested in making sure that Kimani made me look good! [Laughs.] That’s what he does; he makes directors look really, really good. I think he made me look like I knew what I was doing. But the truth is, I had approached Kimani and said, ‘What if we do a really crazy fight in the narrowest corridor I can find?’ And he looked at me and said, ‘Yeah, that’s a great idea.’ I think with most fights you tend to choreograph the space as an asset and we really wanted to turn it around and make the space dictate how the fight would play out. I think Kimani came up this notion of ‘gung fu,’ a play on kung fu and the idea that we could have a fistfight in close quarters with the gun play as well would be an interesting blend of both. I have to say, give credit where credit is due: Kimani really raised his game for me.

TVGC: Curtis went on that killing spree in the Freelancer HQ; is there anyone left from that massacre besides The Traveler?

SB: Technically, yeah. We’ve pretty much cleaned out the Freelancer facility for all intents and purposes. There are some people that you didn’t see get killed, like Miller.

TVGC: The final scene at the cabin with Brad and Kiera was interesting because I think that’s the first time we’ve seen Kiera smile all season.

SB: [Laughs.] Well, we’ve been softening up Kiera since John Doe/Brad came on the scene. His sense of humour has started to chip away at Kiera’s tough exterior. But I also think that’s symptomatic to the things that Kiera has come to terms with. When you realize that this character has been fighting something for so long and has now relieved herself of the obligation of that fight that that character can now start to live and breathe as a human being. Rachel and I have talked about this in the last few episodes of the show to allow for that part of her to start to come through because, let’s face it, she no longer has the chip on her shoulder about pursuing Liber8 or protecting the timeline. She has redefined her place in the universe in a way.

TVGC: OK, let’s talk about next week’s season finale. We were left with a very angry-looking Piron Alec …

SB: Piron Alec was pretty confident in his belief that the other Alec was no longer an issue and that’s the one thing in his universe that is a loose end. By Kiera freeing the other Alec and not telling him, Kiera has chosen a side. We definitely wanted to tee up that. But we also wanted to indicate with regards to Kiera and Alec and Emily and Brad that they have, in their minds, come to a point where they were done and their work was done. In a weird way we’ve almost come to the end of a chapter and that new chapter would be driven by an inciting incident, and that’s what we have to look forward to.

TVGC: Do all of our questions get answered next week?

SB: Yes, and more questions may be posed.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes"   Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 8:20 pm

Liber8 - a Continuum podcast with Mike & Dave

Here's the podcast for Continuum episode 3x12 "The Dying Minutes":

"Things certainly have changed for everyone in the series, but no one can say The Dying Minutes didn’t give us a few answers even as it posed new ones and took treasured characters away. Some of our questions this week: Who is the Traveler? What are Curtis and Kellog up to? What will Kiera, Alec, and Carlos do now? Join us as we speculate and discuss this fantastic penultimate episode for season 3, and don’t forget about sci fi news, our nitpicks & predictions, and some insightful listener feedback. Plus, of course, our Continuum Closeup game!"

http://www.continuumpodcast.com/podcast/show084ep312.m4a

Last edited by tscc1000 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes"   Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Ok I have the eps, but got started watching the true detective series!
our girl from banshee had a brief role as a young hooker in ep 2.
I will get back to cont in next day or so.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes"   Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes" Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 12:38 am

tscc1000 wrote:
Well, ep 3x12 was kind of the "Red Wedding" episode for Continuum. What a body count!! Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes" Icon_eek
I especially am shocked by Sonya's fate. She should have listened to Travis. But it was an outstanding performance by Lexa Doig.
I'll definitely miss her in the show.
What a fascinating show Continuum has turned out to be ... only one ep to go ... can't believe that S3 again is almost over ...
Yeah Sonya was always a likable character, but she may have a "fire" to go to? ( do u get the reference?)

The was this started , the intro, was uggghh! Then it got better as it went along.
You may not like this , but I am going to use this ep as the season finale. Why?? Question 
Because it seemed like one, and it had a happy ending, and sort of wrapped some things up, to me it is a great ep to stop on.
I have 313, but will just save it for next year, and after say 2 eps air, then I can watch all 3.

I was glad she got the other alec out and he got with his girl and they are off to somewhere.
The kellog shows the other alec the picture and he realizes that maybe keira now sees him as the alec that needs to go.
Keria now has a future guy to be her friend or more, and I thought it was good they showed Carlos missing betty.
So a good finale even if it isnt meant to be.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes"   Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 2:34 pm

T5000 wrote:
You may not like this , but I am going to use this ep as the season finale. Why?? Question 
Because it seemed like one, and it had a happy ending, and sort of wrapped some things up, to me  it is a great ep to stop on.
I have 313, but will just save it for next year, and after say 2 eps air, then I can watch all 3.
 Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  scratch  scratch  scratch  scratch  No  No  No  No  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes 

Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad

I just don't have words for that ... well maybe they can make it clear ...

Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes" Jesus-facepalm_56311

Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes" 87eOlhK

Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes" Bunny_facepalm_by_shlj23-d4s3yaj

Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes"   Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 6:20 pm

no fail , I just liked the ep 12 as the finish !
I will find out if I erred next year.
The way I see it you cant have a better finale than ep 12 was so why watch 13??
It can only go downhill.
To be honest I am tired of the cliffhanger type finale's, I dont need that to make me watch the next season.
As I said even the cable shows mostly end their shows with pleasant endings. No CH.
Even WD is not a CH they just present a problem to deal with then end it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes"   Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Continuum 3x12 "The Dying Minutes"
Page 1 of 1