TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will Turn be Renewed ??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
T5000
Admin
T5000

Will Turn be Renewed ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Turn be Renewed ??   Will Turn be Renewed ?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 9:06 am

Ez wrote:
Turn: Washington’s Spies is getting a third 10-episode season, AMC announced Wednesday.

Turn is set during the Revolutionary War and is based on Alexander’s 2007 book about that time period, Washington’s Spies: The Story of America’s First Spy Ring.

“We loved what we saw creatively from the Turn: Washington’s Spies team in season two,” AMC president Charlie Collier said in a statement, “and the show achieved something that is increasingly rare in television today — a growing audience during the season.”

Season two concluded in early June, and the third eason is set to debut in 2016.

ok missed this post, just found out today, so that is good news, I want to see rogers show them how to be better spys!
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Will Turn be Renewed ??   Will Turn be Renewed ?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 7:04 pm

It's on there, I looked it up, I will check it out.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Will Turn be Renewed ??   Will Turn be Renewed ?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 6:18 pm

Ez wrote:
No, is it on Netflix?
Sorry, I don't know exactly, because I don't have a Netflix account.
Is this what you're looking for?

http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Continuum/70266352
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Will Turn be Renewed ??   Will Turn be Renewed ?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 5:47 pm

No, is it on Netflix?
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Will Turn be Renewed ??   Will Turn be Renewed ?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 5:32 pm

Ez wrote:
Turn: Washington’s Spies is getting a third 10-episode season, AMC announced Wednesday.
Season two concluded in early June, and the third eason is set to debut in 2016.
Good news for you guys.
I'm not sure, when I might give it a try. Too many shows and not enough time already ... Wink
BTW, Ez, did you ever consider to check on Continuum? It's one of the best shows of the last ten years (imho), has already run three seasons (10-13-13) and is certainly even more awesome being bing-watched. And the final season 4 (with only 6 eps sadly) will air in September, so no long wait anymore after the big S3 cliffhanger ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk_UElPrW6A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDzP72R1wus
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Will Turn be Renewed ??   Will Turn be Renewed ?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 4:47 pm

Turn is set during the Revolutionary War and is based on Alexander’s 2007 book about that time period, Washington’s Spies: The Story of America’s First Spy Ring.

“We loved what we saw creatively from the Turn: Washington’s Spies team in season two,” AMC president Charlie Collier said in a statement, “and the show achieved something that is increasingly rare in television today — a growing audience during the season.”

Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Will Turn be Renewed ??   Will Turn be Renewed ?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 6:36 pm

I hope so, but AMC does give shows a chance to grow, so I think it is possible for another season at least.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Will Turn be Renewed ??   Will Turn be Renewed ?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 5:46 pm

Well first remade the banner and I think it looks much better !!
Worked in the wash spies below logo, put AMC LOGO IN And little art on the left.

Now here we are in same boat as last year wondering which way will AMC "turn" lol

Tscc posted that they gave bates motel final 2 seasons, so maybe they will go 2-3 more for this series!!
It is timeless being a period show, so if they air it 20 years from now it wont be dated.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Will Turn be Renewed ??   Will Turn be Renewed ?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 4:44 pm

I am happy though turn got another season, if it had been canceled the story had just started.
now maybe we get to see more of how the spy ring worked and the effect it had.
Plus i liked the show, just not the anna abe romance thing.
I also thught angus did a great job as Rodgers, and hope he gets more screentime, and maybe even joins the patriots.
I read that he worked for both sides during the war.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Will Turn be Renewed ??   Will Turn be Renewed ?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 4:31 pm

Hell on wheels was good the first 2 seasons, but they killed off the main girl, that blond.
After that last season was ok but lacking.
I still like it but not as much as I would if they had written some things differently.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Will Turn be Renewed ??   Will Turn be Renewed ?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 12:57 pm

I think pairing it with Hell On Wheels will help with getting new viewers, that's another great show on AMC, hopefully the ratings increase, and like you said, more with the spying and Revolution, less with the Love Triangle.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Will Turn be Renewed ??   Will Turn be Renewed ?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 1:06 am

Ez wrote:
AMC’s revolution will continue: The network has picked up a second season of Turn. The Revolutionary War drama will get another 10 episodes despite airing to modest ratings this year (about 2 million viewers watched, including DVR playback). AMC hopes to, well, turn things around by pairing encores of the first season with Hell on Wheels on Saturday nights this summer to hopefully grow the show’s audience (AMC’s Breaking Bad famously launched to low ratings, then grew every year and eventually went out very strong).

“Craig Silverstein, Barry Josephson and a talented cast and crew delivered a truly distinctive and engaging premiere season. We look forward to continuing this revolutionary journey into season two,” said Charlie Collier, AMC president. “AMC and its creative partners have a track record of nurturing programs we collectively believe in, patiently growing viewership and engagement over time. With Turn, once again, we dive in with our partners to build upon this very promising first season.”
Thanks for the post EZ I had been checking every day and nothing!!

but that is good news, and I sort of called it.
Craig is good at getting his show renewed, and they are going with a S-2 trying and expecting ratings to go up though, so if they dont there might not be a S-3.

I hope they read the message boards, at imdb, most dont care for anna strong or the love triangle, they want to see more of washington and the patriots and less of abe, and more actual spying instead of the trivial drama, and more on rodgers.
Craig already said more washington, but the rest I dont know.

There was a site posted there to vote on the eps you liked the best, and the last show was rated highest, and the early shows at the bottom.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Will Turn be Renewed ??   Will Turn be Renewed ?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 2:41 pm

AMC’s revolution will continue: The network has picked up a second season of Turn. The Revolutionary War drama will get another 10 episodes despite airing to modest ratings this year (about 2 million viewers watched, including DVR playback). AMC hopes to, well, turn things around by pairing encores of the first season with Hell on Wheels on Saturday nights this summer to hopefully grow the show’s audience (AMC’s Breaking Bad famously launched to low ratings, then grew every year and eventually went out very strong).

“Craig Silverstein, Barry Josephson and a talented cast and crew delivered a truly distinctive and engaging premiere season. We look forward to continuing this revolutionary journey into season two,” said Charlie Collier, AMC president. “AMC and its creative partners have a track record of nurturing programs we collectively believe in, patiently growing viewership and engagement over time. With Turn, once again, we dive in with our partners to build upon this very promising first season.”
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Will Turn be Renewed ??   Will Turn be Renewed ?? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 12:27 pm

Im hoping for another season as well, they have left it open for some cool stories next season, hopefully AMC gives it a chance.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Will Turn be Renewed ??   Will Turn be Renewed ?? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 9:22 am

some imdb qoutes
Showrunner and executive producer Craig Silverstein sounds confident in season two in some recent interviews.

JJ Feild said in an interview a few days ago that the decision on whether there will be a season 2 will be announced next week.(Fri Jun 13 2014 04:50:38)

Now me I think turn will get a S-2 and if ratings dont pick up then no S-3.
However with Nikita, he kept getting renewed even with bad ratings so I am curious to see what happens here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Turn be Renewed ??   Will Turn be Renewed ?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will Turn be Renewed ??
Page 1 of 1