TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

tscc1000

The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale) Empty
PostSubject: The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale)   The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 5:45 am

Vikings - The Dead
Episode 3x10 (Season 3 Finale)
Premiere Date: April 23, 2015 - 10:00-10:58PM ET  

With one last chance to take Paris, Ragnar and his Viking troops take a daring chance. Ragnar asks Bjorn for a favor that could change the course of Viking history.

More @ History Channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd4rN9OkXeg
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale)   The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 10:28 am

Well not a good title!
 I see Rollo is all dressed up for the princess, and I wonder what favor he asks of bjorn??
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale)   The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 12:30 pm

Ragnar S-4 and Lagertha hot

check this out , Cathrynn is looking kinda hot in this pic, and it appears Ragnar will be back for S-4!
He wont die.
Filming for S-4 is going on now supposedly, but it always seems like winter they film??
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale)   The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 10:13 am

Well saw the finale, and it was good, better than I expected.

Ragnar got his win, and I guess remained loyal to his gods, and that is why he killed the preist.

At end he tells floki he knows.

Rollo is liking  the offer of a duke and land, and I think he will just woo the princess.

And Ragnar Lives on, to go back to england and take care of Ecbert I hope.

The situation with Rollo is good, now he gets to actually have a decent role in the show.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale)   The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 3:15 pm

T5000 wrote:
Well saw the finale, and it was good, better than I expected.

Ragnar got his win, and I guess remained loyal to his gods, and that is why he killed the preist.

At end he tells floki he knows.

Rollo is liking  the offer of a duke and land, and I think he will just woo the princess.

And Ragnar Lives on, to go back to england and take care of Ecbert I hope.

The situation with Rollo is good, now he gets to actually have a decent role in the show.
Hm, it was ok for me, but not good actually. I indeed suspected Ragnar to be not dead, but use his "death" to get into Paris and open the gates. I just did expect him to do this after the mass secretly at night. Not by immediate resurrection and by taking the princess hostage. To be honest, I consider this "Trojan Horse" trick a cheap solution. Is it really realistic, that the French would actually value the life of one princess more than the fate of whole Paris?? Quite the opposite, it would have been reasonable to just overwhelm Ragnar and his few men and take them hostage even at some risk that the princess would have been hurt. Then let's see how precious the Northmen's king is to them ... no way the Vikings would have managed it into town by just another massive attack.
Killing the bishop was senseless and just a sign that Ragnar despite some undoubtful cleverness in his heart still remains that brute character, which makes it impossible for me to like him. And damn, Floki is still around ...
BTW, obviously the raid on Paris was kind of a light version with just robbing but not much fighting or destroying regarding that the French king was still in charge and more afraid of another raid in spring.
Speaking of Rollo, he absolutely should take the offer to marry the princess. This is the great chance to finally step out of Ragnar's shadow. It's another story then, whether he actually has to defend Paris against Ragnar violently or could provide a peaceful arrangement between brothers, so that Ragnar could visit Paris, but has to spare it from raiding, instead he could attack other French cities, maybe the ones, which refused to help the king of Paris.
Anyways, despite some major disappointments this season, I'll give season 4 at try ... just hoping there will be less transcendental crap ...
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale)   The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 3:22 pm

T5000 wrote:
Ragnar S-4 and Lagertha hot

check this out , Cathrynn is looking kinda hot in this pic,...
Yeah, she's some real eye candy indeed. I just wish she'd have more screen time like in season 1 ... Wink

Do you remember her in this show?

Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale)   The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 4:17 pm

I assumed Raganar was the Trojan horse as well, I like the turn in Rollo's story, I don't know if I believe he would really take up arms against Ragnar or not. I feel the same about Floki, but at least Ragnar knows. They sucked me back in so I will continue watching S4 too.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale)   The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 9:32 pm

@ tscc, so she was in a nikita ep !! lol have to watch that one now do you know which ep?
looks like S-3 ep.

Also in the top pic, the guy behind rgnar is rollo !! I did not recognize him!

Now about the coffin ruse, that is taken from a actual historical event , they brought this up on
imdb
And the actual one done like that worked, so if it really happened somewhere so you have to buy it in
this fictional show.
keep in mind people back then were different than us, they did not watch movies and tv, so things often surprised them and they were caught off guard.

They also might believe he was rising from the dead and be stunned by what they were seeing.

The one corny thing was the coffin which could not be made to be that artistic in what seemed like
24 hours.
That was a work of art.

Also I liked the fact that having them come talk to him thinking he was dead, they said things they would otherwise not say, so he was smart in having them do that.
That was god writing too, which as it was happening I did not think much of it , but later I was thinking yeah that was smart.

it is also in the lore that Rollo became a duke and a power in france and had kids that became famous,
The only thng is I dnt care for the actress playing gisla, or the way they write her.
She is the least likable woman on the show, even worse than brood mare aslaug.

I think bjorn will come back in spring not ragnar, as the seer said he would fight the bear which is rollo.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale)   The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 9:40 pm

Ragnar should forgive floki as he did say he loved Ragnar, and was basically jealous and felt like ragnar pushed him away, so Ragnar is to blame in a way for what floki did to A.

About the 2nd raid when they got in, that was all abut ragnar "winning" and not just failing and being paid to leave.

The $ they got would be 44 million dollars in todays market for gold and silver, I estimated 2500 lb's of gold and rest in silver, so as for spoils they already had that !
Hell they could never raid again they have plenty of gold.

I find it amazing that paris would have that much, almost 6000 lb's of gold and silver!
and I doubt they gave all they had. and the amount was also fact based.

I also wonder about why would they come back next spring?? there would be no more they could get from them that soon.
better to always go to a new city.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale)   The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 12:34 am

ok I found out the ep # of nikita 204 and I had up thru 207, so I watched it and pretty good ep
but nikita killed her ! lol
I checked her and she has worked steady since 1999

She was in 1 ep of " the gates" did you see that series? was a summer show and canceled, but I saw them all and may still have them.
She was on bones about same time as nikita for 7 eps.

lagertha was really another 7 ep job for her , but fans liked her so they made her a regular.
So she finally hit a home run, and also still does other jobs (POI) lol , she is raking in the $ !!
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale)   The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 1:30 am

speaking of Nikita, Shane west's show salem got a S-2.
I tried it but could not get into it.

Katheryn Winnick's Imdb page
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0935395/

vikings message board, some good stuff here.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2306299/board/threads/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale)   The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Vikings Episode 3x10 "'The Dead" (Season Finale)
Page 1 of 1