TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

tscc1000

TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale) Empty
PostSubject: TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale)   TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 7:03 am

TYRANT
Air Date: Wednesday, September 07, 2016
Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on FX
Episode Title: (#310) "Two Graves"

SEASON 3 AND SERIES FINALE

"Two Graves"

Barry and Molly are on the brink of waging war on the Caliphate. Leila makes a bold political move and braves the possibility of a close betrayal. Barry and Daliyah face a final reckoning in their relationship. The conflict in Abuddin threatens to turn into a bloody civil war.

Written by Christopher Keyser & Howard Gordon; directed by Gwyneth Horder-Payton.

Source: TYRANT @ FX | TheFutonCritic

Last edited by tscc1000 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale) Empty
PostSubject: Re: TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale)   TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 7:04 am

No promo pics available yet ...
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale)   TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 7:05 am

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale)   TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 3:28 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com wrote:

Tyrant to End Run With Season 3

September 07, 2016  9:36am PT by  Lesley Goldberg  

Producers Fox 21 president Bert Salke, meanwhile, says the studio would prefer to keep the drama going at another outlet.

It's the end of the road for FX drama Tyrant.
The cable network announced Wednesday that tonight's season finale would be its series finale.
“It’s very difficult to find common ground with other people whose stories we do not know or understand,” FX CEO John Landgraf said in a statement announcing the news. “The creators of Tyrant have done their utmost over three seasons to tell American audiences a tiny fraction of the many gripping, human stories coursing through the Middle East today. We want to thank Howard Gordon, Chris Keyser and their talented team of collaborators, including all the writers, directors, cast and crew, as well as our studio partners at Fox 21 Television Studios, for taking on Tyrant’s tremendously ambitious story with such profound dedication and respect.”

Tyrant is a beloved show to all of us at Fox 21 Television Studios, and we are indebted to Howard and Chris for their incredible work, and to John Landgraf and everyone at FX who have been fantastic partners,” said Fox 21 Television Studios president Bert Salke. “We feel the show is a gem and we’d love to find a way to keep it in production. That said, we want to be realistic about its prospects. So for its loyal audience, tonight’s episode will be a satisfying end should the series not find another home, but also provides interesting possibilities should we be able to continue on some other platform.”  

The drama starring Adam Rayner, Jennifer Finnigan and, in season three, Chris Noth, was never an out-of-the-box ratings hit for FX. The drama wrapped its sophomore run with an average of 2.47 million total viewers and 1 million adults 18-49 when factoring in seven days of DVR. Last week's penultimate episode of season three drew just 830,000 live viewers. This season has been averaging 1.5 million total viewers with three days of DVR. 

In a cover story pegged to season one of Tyrant, The Hollywood Reporter revealed the turmoil behind the scenes of the ambitious series, including a director switch (Ang Lee was initially on board), set relocations (from Morocco to Israel — and again, in season two, from Israel to Budapest) and creator Gideon Raff's departure.

When the drama made its debut in midsummer, it endured critical backlash before a single frame aired because of the sensitive subject matter. But Gordon insisted the show has been well-received within the Arab community. "The response from groups of dissidents and people who were either jailed in Egypt or fled Syria or are still in Egypt has been extremely positive," he told THR ahead of the show's season-two opener.

With the cancellation of Tyrant, FX's drama lineup now consists of three anthologies — American Horror Story, American Crime Story and Fargo — as well as The Americans and The Strain and the upcoming Taboo and Marvel drama Legion. On the pilot side, the cabler has only one drama in the works: John Singleton's twice-developed Snowfall.

For Gordon, meanwhile, the news comes as the prolific producer has opted to take a year sabbatical in Spain and will not be contributing scripts to Showtime's Homeland, where he remains an executive producer. He next has Fox's reboot of 24, the Corey Hawkins starrer 24: Legacy.
Sad Sad Sad  Just damn it ... how will they end this satisfyingly in just one ep left ??? Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale)   TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 2:18 pm

Well, I really like this show and this would have been a fine season finale .... but a SERIES FINALE???? What the fuck!!!
That totally sucks ... Sad Sad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale)   TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 2:58 pm

http://deadline.com wrote:

Tyrant EP Howard Gordon On Tonight’s Finale, FX Cancellation & Season 4 Hopes

by Dominic Patten  September 7, 2016 8:29pm

TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale) Tyrant_310_0069d

SPOILER ALERT: This story contains details of tonight’s Tyrant series finale on FX.
Related
FX Cancels 'Tyrant' After Three Seasons; Last Episode Airs Tonight

Nearly two years and two months after it debuted on FX, the reign of Tyrant came to an end with tonight’s Season 3 finale titled “Two Graves.” Earlier today, FX boss John Landgraf pulled the plug on the Middle East-set political family drama from executive producers Howard Gordon, Chris Keyser, Gideon Raff and Avi Nir with a lament. “The creators of Tyrant have done their utmost over three seasons to tell American audiences a tiny fraction of the many gripping, human stories coursing through the Middle East today,” said the cable net exec mere hours before the airing of the long-completed season finale that is now a series finale — or is it?
Feeling as contemporary and relevant as the latest breaking news, tonight’s episode co-written by Gordon and showrunner Keyser certainly brought together many of the loose ends of the tale of the once-self-exiled and now President Bassam “Barry” Al-Fayeed and his family’s fraying control of the fictional country of Abuddin. Death and retribution stood side by side with hopes for the nation, the region and for the faith of Islam as Abuddin went to war with the extremist Caliphate.
TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale) Howard-gordon-aug-2016
Speaking from Europe, Gordon discussed tonight’s finale, the cancellation, and serving “two masters” with “Two Graves.” Touching on the feedback the series has received in the Middle East, the 24 and Homeland exec producer also suggested that although no longer on FX, Tyrant might actually not be over — and that there could be new life for the Al-Fayeeds and Abuddin online.
DEADLINE: With the assassinations, the revolt, the beginning of the war against the Caliphate, Leila’s swearing in as a President in opposition and more, it really felt like you were trying to tie up loose ends with tonight’s finale instead of going the cliffhanger route.
TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale) Tyrant-season-3-logo
GORDON: This episode, like this season actually, was the culmination of the challenges facing people in power. The conundrum of intractable tribal, familial, and theological differences. And, at the same time, the very human and very universal themes of revenge and love. Also, though things were tragic on many levels, we wanted to crack open the door on some kind of hope — which was exemplified in the speech of Leila (Moran Atias).
DEADLINE: And you had that speech by Annet Mahenddru’s widowed Nafisa Al-Qadi proclaiming that “Islam is peace” — not exactly a statement we hear on TV of late, especially during this election season.
GORDON: One of the ideas and one of the themes we had this season was the battle for the heart and the soul of Islam. Obviously, neither Chris nor I are speak with any authority on that, but we did want to reflect voices in Islam that don’t get a platform or that stage enough in real life because they are blunted by louder, more violent and angrier voices. So we gave a fictional platform to some very real voices. Those are some of the voices that some of our regional consultants on the show felt the series had kept out of the story.
DEADLINE: Obviously you heard about Tyrant’s cancellation before it went public today, but what’s your reaction today?
GORDON: It’s disappointing on one hand but on the other hand, we have had tremendous partners in FX, John Landgraf and the entire team. I guess I feel too that we never got the critical notice and the attention that the show would have required to keep going.
DEADLINE: Sounds like you have made peace with it. True?
GORDON: Well, I’m disappointed but not entirely surprised. We were hoping for an eleventh-hour reprieve, but I’ve long known it was an uphill battle. But look, I also don’t think the first season was our strongest season and that didn’t help matters unfortunately. I try to be pretty honest in my own assessment of what seasons worked and how they worked in relation to each other. We got off to a slow start and never really recovered from it, that’s just a fact.
DEADLINE: After that first episode the ratings never really got up there, even when you had some good Live+3s
GORDON: Yeah, and that continued this year: decent numbers but not enough to compel John to give us another season.
DEADLINE: Is there more Tyrant there? Bert Salke at Fox 21 TV Studios today hinted that there could be another home or platform for the show.
GORDON: Of course I think there is more there. But we also knew this season was a make-or-break year so in fairness we were trying to serve two masters by making tonight’s show a series ender and something at the same time that wouldn’t foreclose on the future. That’s always a tricky thing, but I think we did a good job on that.
Part of the challenge of this season finale is that Chris and I wanted to write something that should this be the end it, would be a satisfying end. But, at the same time, we wanted to leave the door open for the possibility of telling the story more. Because we really do think there is more story to tell.
DEADLINE: So where could Tyrant land next?
GORDON: That’s above or out of my pay grade, but we’ve talked about a couple of places. I don’t know how realistic any of them are. We’ve just begun those conversations now so you know I’ll know more in the next few weeks. Right now, honestly, I don’t know.
DEADLINE: Seems to me, like The Mindy Project being dropped by Fox and then picked up by Hulu, the steaming services could be a natural new home. Is that what you guys are looking at?
GORDON: Yeah, I think so. Hulu, Amazon or Netflix would be terrific places for the show. That’s probably the most likely option if there is another chance.
DEADLINE: With the two masters concept in mind, what was the intention of that very last line of the show? When Adam Rayner’s now-President Bassam Al-Fayeed says, “Yes, I’m afraid it does,” after Cameron Gharaee’s Ahmed remarks that the new portrait of him really captures his essence?
TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale) Tyrant-season-3-debut
GORDON: (laughs) I’ll take a page from a much more talented writer than me, David Chase, when he said, “I’ll let you decide.” I think in that moment Barry recognizes himself and I think it means everything you think it means, truthfully – right down to the wonderful pun of it all. This is a guy who fled as far as possible from Ground Zero, his father’s office, and now there he is at the center of it where his father was, looking at himself. I’m very fond of that last line and especially because Chris wrote it — that was his scene.
DEADLINE: You got some stick for the show from some who thought it wasn’t for a non-Muslim American to produce Tyrant, but what response did you get from viewers in the Middle East, if any?
GORDON: I’ve already been called on the carpet for telling a story that some people don’t think is ours to tell, but I can tell you from social media and fan letters this show really gained a following in the Middle East. In fact, we’ve been approached by producers in some countries in the region about acquiring the format.
We are apparently quite popular in Egypt, in Jordan and in the UAE. I don’t know how they get it — I have to imagine some get it illegally, some from iTunes, I don’t really know. But I’m surprised when I travel and people say, “I love your show,” ’cause I expect they are going to say Homeland. But when I hear Tyrant and I hear it from some unlikely people in some unlikely places, it tells me that we’ve got more right than we got wrong.
DEADLINE: In that vein, what were the lessons learned?
GORDON: The fact that we made it this long is extraordinary to me. I wish we did go longer, I wish we do go longer. I’m very proud we went as long as we did and finally told the story we wanted to tell. We may have done it imperfectly and I think the challenges were there for anyone, but I’m very proud of the work and the people who worked on the show.
At one point we had 13 different nationalities in the cast and for all the people involved in the project, some of them came from that part of the world, this was really a passionate project — as it was for Chris and for me.
As much as a bummer as it is to be cancelled on FX, you have to appreciate what you got to do.
I'd wish they could get another season on another network or platform ... but the chances might be almost zero ... as usual in such cases ... Sad
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale)   TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 3:05 pm

http://www.tvfanatic.com wrote:

Tyrant Season Finale Review: Two Graves

TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale) Elizabeth-harlow
Elizabeth Harlow at September 8, 2016 4:54 am.  Updated at September 8, 2016 5:57 am.

Blame for the political situation in Abuddin is getting passed around like a hot potato. 
With the unfortunate news that Tyrant Season 3 Episode 10 might be the de facto series finale after FX's cancelation, we may never find out if Barry is capable of taking responsibility for his actions.
Of course, he's not the only one who refuses to acknowledge that actions have consequences.TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale) Verge-of-war-tyrant
Sammy's predictable injury may have helped in serving his parent's with a wake up call about just how far they'd strayed from the path, but it's hard to say it those realizations could stick. While Barry and Molly have both recognized that their revenge mission has taken a toll, neither has really seemed to regret the cost.
For Molly, that's because she's caught up in her victim-hood. She is more than willing to burn the whole world down while she enacts her revenge.
The pain that she ends up causing to other simply doesn't matter, nor does the fact that, as Sammy pointed out, her daughter would abhor violence committed in her name.
She's able to absolve herself of most of the guilt by blaming her husband (among others). Barry, meanwhile, has been operating under the delusion that he had no other options, only to find out at the critical moment that he no longer does.

Quote :
You try to live your life a certain way. Believing in certain things. But the world...people, some people...they won't leave you alone. And you have to fight back, don't you? Otherwise... But as soon as you do fight back...you're changed. And everything is tainted. And no one is right.
Molly

He had no options about going to war, no options about canceling the vote, no options about imprisoning Daliyah...or that's what he told himself. Now he finds himself at the mercy of Maloof, which everybody but Barry saw coming.
Granted, I thought the general would go for a straight up coup, but being the puppet master affords him more freedom in the end. 
I did find the final scene with Barry and Ahmed more than a little thought provoking when you take into account the silent coup. Can you really be a tyrant if you are at the mercy of someone more powerful? Barry freely took the steps that led to his being blackmailed, but Maloof's threats do now absolve him of a certain degree of responsibility for the war. 
Barry's devolution leads to some depressing contemplation about if it's possible for anybody to escape their past (or the seductive allure of power), but at least some characters saw positive growth.

Quote :
You broke your promise! You think principles are something you can put in your pocket, take out every now and then, whenever it suits you! Don't look at me as if I did this to you! you are the architect! This is your doing. I am your doing.
Maloof

Leila, with her cold facade, doesn't get a lot of love amongst fans, but she consciously softened her image over the course of season 3. Being free of Jamal and in a relationship with a reciprocated love certainly helped, but so did the way she channeled Eva Peron.
It didn't hurt that the more she pretended to care, the more her concern for the fate of her country became real. She really embraced the ideal, "Fake it 'til you make it."
I know some people expressed doubts over her conversion, but in a world where Molly could be okay bombing children overnight, this change seemed more than plausible 

Quote :
If we don't give up, who's to say tomorrow won't be ours?
Leila

One issue that was left unresolved and is really irking me is Daliyah's imprisonment. I recognize the parallel that the writers and producers are drawing between the character and real life political prisoners like Aung San Suu Kyi and Benazir Bhutto, but the way she was left is driving me nuts.
I guess I should just be satisfied that she didn't starve herself to death, and that somehow Exley was granted access to her so that we could get some kind of resolution for Fauzi and Ghani.
At least her hallucinations and Barry's nightmares were well done, even if I had to suffer through the NG tube placement. 

Quote :
A good cause is a good cause, lost or not.
Cogswell

In the end, nothing about the finale for Tyrant Season 3 was all that surprising. The most shocking event by far was Molly's abrupt desire for another child with Barry. It was also the most bizarre, apparently serving no purpose other than to set up a super awkward sex scene. 
There is hope that the fight for Abuddin could reach a more satisfactory end, provided Tyrant is able to find a new home. Hulu already has streaming rights for the show, and adopting the series would allow them to build up their original programming. 
I can only hope that somebody ends up picking up this gem of a show. I
t's been uneven at times, and I seriously want to have a word with whoever handles some of the scene editing, but the cast is pretty amazing and things have only gotten more complex and intriguing as the show has progressed. 
While we wait with bated breathe for a more favorable outcome than eleventh hour cancelation, you can always watch Tyrant online.
Damn, there goes another one of the really original shows ... Sad
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale)   TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 10:34 pm

tscc1000 wrote:
Well, I really like this show and this would have been a fine season finale .... but a SERIES FINALE???? What the fuck!!!
That totally sucks ... Sad Sad Mad Mad

Well it would be good if netflix wanted to continue it.
I didnt know till reading this you posted, it was canceled.
I thought it would get a S4.

I liked it, but the gay son crap sort soiled this season.
Also without jamal the show was lacking, he was great.

Then the family turning on each other and molly killed wasnt all that smart writing wise.

The show did have some nice looking women bounce

I would have prefered a proper ending, but they might have ended it in a way I wouldnt like so
not that big of a deal.

In a way it was ended with barry becoming the new jamal.

Most of the best cable drama that are really good, and we like, none of them get good ratings,
most are pretty bad, so we are lucky to get what we get past S1.
Americans, tyrant, saul,bates,rectify, all have really low ratings.
And to make it worse they dont win emmys .
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale)   TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 10:46 pm

O got another show for you, called "narco's" on netflix
S1 and S2 have aired, so you can binge 2 seasons.
S1 is pablo escobar story, and it has been interesting, and well done.
S2 will be different one, havent got to that yet,
on ep 10 the finale of S1 now.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale)   TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TYRANT Episode 3x10 "Two Graves" September 07, 2016 (Season 3 and Series Finale)
Page 1 of 1