TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Westworld Season 1 General Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 12:52 pm

The H50 site did show up some in Google searches, and that was using a hidden anonymous browser so that it would not use my preferences or settings. Maybe, not at the top, usually, but Google does this random thing intentionally where if you have a small site, it will put you at the top of every 1 out of 10 searches (for example) so that smaller sites get some exposure. But the algorithm and numbers vary depending on the situation.

The vast majority of views from search engines do not yield a new member. It's like you get one new member for every 5000 views. Be that as it may, when it was Wetpaint, it started falling apart a couple of years before Wikifoundry took over. Everything was really only working back in the days of TSCC. Still, all the unresolved technical issues for so long had a big negative impact on the platform overall. People are not going to wait for a year to get something resolved as simple as adding an image to a page, lol.

The environment has changed since then. TV shows don't have the prestige they once had. Yeah, the big budget ones like GoT and TWD do, but the average shows do not. There are Youtubers in my account that get 5 times more views for a video in 2 weeks than a so called celebrity with a TV show with a similarly sized segment of video. Some of these are college kids who do that part time.

A lot of the problem is that TV shows are losing their audience to other forms of entertainment, or perhaps for some other reason I can't explain. Domestic viewership of movies is going down on average as well. International viewership is the only place of growth.

Maybe, the best one can do is just to maintain a small but well organized site and hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 1:07 pm

SurfingEagle wrote:

1) I wasn't suggesting starting a new site, but I guess you're responding to t5000's last line about "building another one". Creating another site on this service would have the same limitations.

I'm only suggesting a cleanup / reorganization of content so that finding shows is easier and more efficient for a new visitor, or any casual user. Do the archived canceled shows need banners?
1) Yep, I was responding to T5000 here.

2) Hm, yeah, probably the archived ended/canceled shows actually wouldn't need banners.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 2:56 am

tscc1000 wrote:
SurfingEagle wrote:

1) I wasn't suggesting starting a new site, but I guess you're responding to t5000's last line about "building another one". Creating another site on this service would have the same limitations.

I'm only suggesting a cleanup / reorganization of content so that finding shows is easier and more efficient for a new visitor, or any casual user. Do the archived canceled shows need banners?
1) Yep, I was responding to T5000 here.

2) Hm, yeah, probably the archived ended/canceled shows actually wouldn't need banners.
Well it wouldnt save much space, and they are at the bottom anyway.
I am going to leave the banners.

Since only a few here, I prefer to leave the ones more than 1 person comments on at the top or upper part.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 10:36 pm

ok was watching  the riddick movies, and in # 2 chronicles of riddick, thandie newton
had a fairly big role in the movie, as the evil GF of karl urban.
much younger as it was about 10 years ago.

Also in it in a small role was the black guy from continuum.

Pitch black was vg, the #2 film was like a british version of Star Wars with Riddick as the evil but good jedi.
So not that great but some good stuff in it, and decent sci fi movie.

The # 3 Riddick, was better and more like pitch black.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
KevinInEngland

KevinInEngland

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 5:00 am

tscc1000 wrote:
KevinInEngland wrote:
(... I hope nobody made any silly remarks, as it occurred to me but I thought better of it).
Sorry, but what do you mean?

I thought she stole the show, Thandie Newton that is. I also thought it took bravery to perform starkers.
I think everyone at the march was there for one purpose, so talk of robots and marching in to the Whitehouse and beating someone up would not be mentioned in joking, except between her friends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Westworld Season 1 General Discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Westworld Season 1 General Discussion
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11