TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Season 5 Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

tscc1000

Season 5 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 1:48 pm

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 2:29 pm

Deadline are reporting that the fifth season may be Person of Interest's last. Shocked
I just hope that's not true ... Suspect
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 6:59 pm

‘Person Of Interest’ Gets ‘The Mentalist’ Treatment With 13-Episode Order, Will Season 5 Be Its Last?

Damn ... noo!
Now this just has ruined my evening (well, it was almost over anyways ...) ... Evil or Very Mad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: it will be the final season   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 2:18 pm

Well yeah it will be last season,very much like mentalist. it will be the final season.
ratings would have to be way better to save it. like 2.0 demo or better ,maybe even 3.0.

but at least we get a ending not a abrupt cancellation.

I enjoyed the final season of Mentalist and the finale, hope poi has happy ending!

POI is similar also in that both Mentalist and POI started on thursday nights and did good there.

Then both were moved to new night and new time to make way for a new show.
Both fell in ratings AFTER being moved!

Both had similar ratings and # of viewers.

OT I just found out bates motel has not been renewed yet for S-4

Seems the nielsen viewers just dont lke the same shows we do!
they love the zombies , dance shows singing shows, reality crap, like new one is called the briefcase, it has 100,000 in it
and they can keep it or give it away, & 1 other option.
It will get ratings twice as high as poi

Most of the shows that I was really addicted to have been canceled or soon will be or will end.
The rest are what I call ho hum shows I can watch or not watch.
my tv watching time may be limited in the near future so less for me to miss.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 2:48 pm

For me the final few eps of S-1, and first few of S-2, then the end of S-2, and start of S-3 will always be the best and I can watch those over and over.

Seems writing carter out an making shaw a regular was not such a smart idea??

Personally I dnt miss carter,. but shaw being a regular was too much of her, and she was better as someone who recurred maybe twice a season.
Even Root was better as a recurring semi villain.

but too late now.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 3:08 pm

T5000 wrote:
For me the final few eps of S-1, and first few of S-2, then the end of S-2, and start of S-3 will always be the best and I can watch those over and over.

Seems writing carter out an making shaw a regular was not such a smart idea??

Personally I dnt miss carter,. but shaw being a regular  was too much of her, and she was better as someone who recurred maybe twice a season.
Even Root was better as a recurring  semi villain.

but too late now.
I'm just pretty disappointed right now. I remember that the showrunners said they were planning on 6 seasons. Now they are cut by one and a half.
Last year the shock about Continuum with a renewal of only six eps, now this with PoI ... wtf ... maybe shows like Continuum and PoI are doomed, because they draw a too realistic and dirty picture of the government and big money, so the TV companies are more or less forced to get rid of them.
And yes, the rapidly dropping ratings for PoI in late season 4 probably are another important factor besides the fact that PoI is not owned by CBS. But seriously, do you remember the crappy schedule of PoI in season 4? There was a break after almost every one or two eps this year, so it almost fealt like CBS wanted PoI to fail ... dammit again ...
I'm glad about the renewals of other shows like The Flash, Arrow, H50 or iZombie etc, but no matter how entertaining they may be, honestly they are by far not in the same league as Continuum, PoI or our beloved TSCC or Firefly ... As I said, this news about PoI is just sad. Right now the glass is already half empty, not half full for me ... Sad
Back to top Go down
webruce

webruce

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 11:18 pm

My wife wishes both POI and Elementary were on at 9pm. So she could watch. Then put Criminal Minds and whatever else at 10.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 1:48 pm

webruce wrote:
My wife wishes both POI and Elementary were on at 9pm. So she could watch. Then put Criminal Minds and whatever else at 10.
I guess your wife has to get up early in the morning then?
For me every time slot up to 11pm would be basically possible to watch.
What was worse than the maybe late time slot imho were all those interruptions after almost every one or two eps. So viewers not as "addicted" to the show like us probably missed some eps and this is deadly for a show like PoI with a plot beyond a simple case of the week structure. Without many cases of the week it also becomes less attractive for casual viewers. This is sad, but obviously the reality. Plus, PoI is not owned by CBS like that CSI Cyber stuff, which was unbelievably renewed to just drop it at a Sunday time slot.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 1:56 pm

And now to the next nail into the coffin ... looks like they burn PoI just off some time during the 2015/2016 season. They didn't even care to tell a time slot in their 2015/16 primetime schedule anouncement ... Suspect Sad

CBS 2015-16 Primetime Schedule: 'Supergirl' to Monday in November, 'Limitless' on Tuesday, 'Code Black' Wednesday, 'CSI' Finale on September 27, 'Rush Hour' & 'Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders' Held for Midseason
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 5:39 pm

T5000 wrote:
my tv watching time may be limited in the near future ...
Suspect Question
Everything ok?
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 12:21 am

tscc1000 wrote:
T5000 wrote:
my tv watching time may be limited in the near future ...
Suspect Question
Everything ok?
Well I have serious financial problem, and not sure what will happen in near future.

about POI, I think all the hiatus, they dont realize or see that as hurting the show ! lol
I mean that has to be the answer they have to be just that stupid!
They do it on all the shows, and have done it for many years.

If they were smart they would look at netflix and binge watching and think Hmmmmmm??? scratch
and they might realize that people today want to see a bunch all together. NO breaks !

With poi the show is complex enough that breaks make it hard for some to keep up with whats going on or cause people to miss a ep which is even worse.

The move to a hour later on tue night also hurt the show.

Partly I have to blame the show runners for messing with a proven formula and making big changes in the show.

I saw fans complain about carter written out, and then when they added shaw , it changed the role of reese who used to be the main badass. So there are things like that.

But the main thing is this crazy system they have where some shows cbs airs are cbs shows, and some are made by rival studios.
The ones made by other studios have to make $ which means a certain level of ratings have to happen.
but not being a cbs show they will move it , have breaks, and not care if that kills the show, they just bring in some new shows, they dont care.

Wit continuum there may be a little bit about the message of the show, but also fans did not like the last season, and ratng dropped I think.
Still it seemed to go from big hit to the ax really quickly.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 3:14 pm

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 6:24 pm

returns mid season !! that is a long wait.
sounds like they are phasing the show out.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 2:20 pm

CBS Episode Orders 2015/2016

Code Black - Season 1 - 13 episodes
Criminal Minds - Season 11 - 22 episodes
2 Broke Girls - Season 5 - 22 episodes
The Big Bang Theory - Season 9 - 24 episodes
Mom - Season 3 - 22 episodes
Person of Interest - Season 5 - 15 episodes
Rush Hour - Season 1 - 13 episodes
Supergirl - Season 1 - 13 episodes
Mike & Molly - Season 6 - 13 episodes

So 15 eps for PoI ... well, that doesn't make much difference to 13 ... not enough anyways ... I think PoI is done then ... dammit ... Sad Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

And the always same crime shows like Criminal Minds get 22 ... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 8:50 pm

tscc1000 wrote:

CBS Episode Orders 2015/2016

Person of Interest - Season 5 - 15 episodes

So 15 eps for PoI ... well, that doesn't make much difference to 13 ... not enough anyways ... I think PoI is done then ... dammit ... Sad Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

And the always same crime shows like Criminal Minds get 22 ... Evil or Very Mad

I know , I tried watching Criminal Minds and it was awful, but the nielsen crowd likes it, so it may go 10 years !

And 15 is better than 13 , but it does look like the last season.
If they write it as the end , and then ratings went up lol what could they do? they might have already filmed it too.
But then again they have several others with 13 so they might just be conserving funds this next season.

IU will expect it to be final season, and then if it isnt cheers
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 12:52 pm

CBS Episode Orders 2015/2016 *Updated*

SpoilerTV: "We've just heard from Bad Robot that unfortunately Person of Interest will now only have 13 Episodes."

Person of Interest - Season 5 - 13 episodes

Oh, come on, now they play games with PoI, how sad is that ... Crying or Very sad
Maybe I shouldn't watch this crippled season 5 at all to avoid another "Lost frustration". If I had stopped watching Lost with S5, it still would be one of the greatest TV series of all time for me. But with S6 and the terribly senseless ending the complete series was completely ruined for me, so I'll probably never will watch even an episode again ... it's just senseless ...
I certainly don't need something like that with PoI ...
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 6:34 am

Person of Interest: Sarah Shahi Confirmed for Full-Time Return

TVLine wrote:
By  Matt Webb Mitovich /   August 10 2015, 8:56 PM PDT  

Reason No. 39 why Person of Interest needs to return sooner rather than later: Shaw is back, for real.

Sarah Shahi, who has been on maternity leave from the CBS drama since the middle of Season 4, is returning for much of the coming run, the actress told TVLine at CBS’ Television Critics Association press tour party on Monday night.
“I go back in September — full-time,” Shahi shared. “I’ll probably do eight or nine” of the shortened season’s 13 episodes.

As for Shaw’s return storyline, “I have no idea what the plan is,” she admitted with a laugh.
Shaw has been glimpsed twice since being shot to “death” — in a “She’s alive!” reveal filmed before Shahi took leave, and in a season-ending tag.

cheers
At least one good news!
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 2:44 am

Person of Interest - Season 5 - 13 episodes

Oh, come on, now they play games with PoI, how sad is that ... Crying or Very sad
Maybe I shouldn't watch this crippled season 5 at all to avoid another "Lost frustration". If I had stopped watching Lost with S5, it still would be one of the greatest TV series of all time for me.

OK 1st 13 eps, I notice many of the shows on cbs have the 13 eps, so maybe the show isnt being ended.
Supergirl - Season 1 - 13 episodes.... starts in fall and only 13 eps is really odd.
So maybe they are just cutting back on expenses for whatever reason.

Lost, it had great actors and directors, which made it great, the writing was good in short spots, but overall was always bad.
they should have had alternate endings to please all the fans.
They got rid of maggie, hurleys girl, and michelle, due to off the show actions they did not approve of!
I lost interest in S-3, was meh on S-4 and had no expectations for S-5
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 5:45 pm

PERSON OF INTEREST: Sarah Shahi and Greg Plageman Preview Shaw’s Season 5 Return

www.givememyremote.com wrote:

August 11, 2015 by Marisa Roffman  

Season 5 Discussion POI-Shaw-sacrifice-non-finale-twist
Credit: WB
PERSON OF INTEREST has officially pinned down the return of Sarah Shahi’s Shaw.
“Sarah Shahi should be back by episode 5,” PERSON OF INTEREST co-showrunner Greg Plageman shared. “She’s a trooper man, she’s doing a lot. But she’s ready to go, she says I want to be back, and we’re very excited to have her.”
On the show, Shaw went MIA after she sacrificed herself to save Team Machine. Initially, she was presumed dead, but viewers have seen brief glimpses of Shaw — clearly not right — in the months since. (Shaw’s temporary exit was crafted to accommodate Shahi’s real-life pregnancy.)
And though PERSON OF INTEREST isn’t on CBS’ fall schedule, the airdate limbo could serve to bring back Shahi earlier than planned.
“We could actually see her even earlier,” Plageman shared. “In the production [she’s filming episode 5]. We have a very flexible air date schedule, so we may monkey with that.”
For her part, Shahi is equally excited to return to PERSON OF INTEREST.
“I’m excited,” Shahi gushed. “I did this episode of RAY DONOVAN not too long ago. It was good to get my feet wet. I’m very excited. I know very little [about what’s going to happen], even after talking with Greg for an hour, I know very little. They keep promising Shaw is coming back with a bang. And [asking] if I’m ready for the amount of work they’re going to give me. And I am. I’m ready to get back. The way Shaw ended, it didn’t feel right — it felt there was so much more story. She just had a lot more road to go down, and I think we’re going to go down this year.”
One of the unresolved stories? The complicated relationship between Shaw and Amy Acker’s Root.
“I know what the fans want; I think it’s important to give the fans what they want, because I feel like they’ve been down that Root and Shaw journey for so long,” Shahi acknowledged. “They got a kiss last year, which is good. We’ll see what this year brings. I love working with Amy. She and I feel very mutually about each other, so I hope we get to flirt with that dynamic.”
Aside from that, Shahi has a pitch for how Shaw should return…albeit one that probably won’t end up on-screen.
“The thing I keep pitching is I want Shaw to shave her head, on-camera,” Shahi laughed. “Be a full-on half-cyborg with the bionic arm that’s like an automatic machine gun. Another thing was like, oh, she should be Team Samaritan. Maybe she’s Team Samaritan…who knows? But I still go for the TERMINATOR aspect and the hair and bionic arm — that’s what I want to do.”
No matter what happens, Shahi shared her gratitude for the fan support.
“I want to say thank you so much,” she said. “I had no idea that Shaw would have this kind of impact on people. And while I was at home, on bed rest, and then living in a fog for the last five months, it’s just so nice to know people are still ready to have me back on television. I just want to say to the fans, thank you so much. I wouldn’t be able to have a career without them, I wouldn’t be able to support my family.”
- See more at: http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2015/08/11/person-of-interest-sarah-shahi-and-greg-plageman-preview-shaws-season-5-return/
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 6:01 pm

Person of Interest: 10 Burning Questions Before Season 5

http://www.tvinsider.com wrote:

Mike Flaherty  July 10, 2015 6:30 am

With Person of Interest’s intense season finale leaving malevolent supercomputer Samaritan triumphant, the Machine stuffed inside a briefcase, and our heroes on the run, it was time to grill the show’s masterminds—executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman—for a postseason debrief and a look at the perilous road ahead in Season 5. (Also, more season 5 secrets will be revealed at Person of Interest's Comic-Con panel on Saturday, and visit TV Insider's Comic-Con page for more features.)
First of all, what was the meaning of the title of the Season 4 finale, “YHWH”?
Plageman: It means Yahweh [the Hebrew name for God]. It’s called the tetragrammaton. The ancient Israelites didn’t want to spell out the word [for religious reasons], so they’d often use YHWH.
Nolan: He who shall not be named.
As in recognition of the supreme being that, as things stand, is Samaritan.
Nolan: Yes. For the moment, I would say the Machine has been vanquished. Pretty much down, though not necessarily out.
What are the challenges of keeping the Samaritan vs. the Machine story fresh going into next season?
Plageman: Well, it’s pretty fresh insofar as our guys are completely hosed right now.
Nolan: Next season will really deal with the idea of rebuilding the Machine in the face of a superior threat. And assuming they can get it back in the game, how will it fight back?
Plageman: It will explore what it means for Samaritan to have that firm a grip on things. If an artificial intelligence were actually to appear, would humanity even notice?
Did you always envision Samaritan as a multiseason storyline?
Nolan: You don’t build a god and then dispose of it conveniently in one season. A lot of fiction has treated artificial intelligence as a singularity—one mind that absorbs other minds into it. But this show presents AI proliferation as similar to nuclear proliferation—an idea that intelligence begets other intelligences. It’s an arms race that the Machine is currently losing.
This past season, Reese [Jim Caviezel] seemed to undergo a bit of a spiritual change. Will that continue?
Nolan: Season 4’s storyline forced our guys into hiding as normal people. And with Reese, it was like your mom telling you not to make a face too often because it might stick. So Reese is maybe starting to enjoy being a normal person and being emotionally involved with other people on a level he hasn’t been in decades.

"I wanted her to go out with a bang," Shahi says of Shaw's midseason exit, "saving the people she's grown to care for over the last couple of years."
His hallucinatory experience with Carter [Taraji P. Henson] in “Terra Incognita” also helped that along. How did that come about?
Nolan: I reached out to Taraji last year. There’s really nobody who can engage with Reese on an emotional level like Carter can. From their first scene together in the pilot, she always had the goods on him in a way that no one else did.
Apropos of Reese’s emotional awakening: Are he and Iris [recurring guest star Wrenn Schmidt] definitively a thing now?
Plageman: Reese clearly has strong feelings toward Iris, but given his occupation and the activities he’s engaged in, it’s always fraught with peril, so…
So they’re not a couple?
Nolan: It’s baby steps. Baby steps.
The episode “If-Then-Else,” in which Shaw (Sarah Shahi) was shot and abducted by the Samaritan operatives, featured a full-on kiss between Shaw and Root (Amy Acker). Is there a mutual romantic or sexual thing going on between these characters?
Plageman: Whether it was amorous or more a platonic sense of respect for a friend, we haven’t had a chance to explore.
Nolan: I think there’s definitely an amorous streak between the two of them. Root feels it, and Shaw is maybe a little bit in denial about it.

Reese (Caviezel, standing, with Kevin Chapman) "is a very broken dude who has, with teh help of Finch, Shaw, Fusco, and Root, been working his way back," executive producer Nolan says.
Have you heard from Shahi whether she’s going to come back? [Shahi departed midway through Season 4 on indefinite maternity leave.]
Nolan: It’s an ongoing conversation. We hope to get her back on the show sometime soon.
You introduced three new kickass female guest stars this season: Harper Rose (Annie Ilonzeh), Dani Silva (Adria Arjona), and Frankie Wells (Katheryn Winnick). Was that a way of hedging your bets in the event that Shahi doesn’t return?
Plageman: Well, yeah. A couple of those ladies are certainly people we brought back because we were interested in them.
Nolan: That said, nobody replaces Sarah. We just love having firecracker women on our show.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 8:53 am

WEll those 2 were good reads tscc.
Shahi sounds like a bit of a nut ?? and maybe a terminator fan?

So no talk of final season or wrap up, just another season, and the machine has to be rebuilt.
And samaratin has to deal with being # 1 what does it do now.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 2:58 am

CW is airing reruns of POI now, pilot is on next sunday, so maybe it picks up some new viewers.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 12:59 pm

T5000 wrote:
CW is airing reruns of POI now, pilot is on next sunday, so maybe it picks up some new viewers.
THIS Sunday they air # 7 and # 8 I think I will watch those.

also this is what is listed for S-5
Season 5

91. 5-1 B.S.O.D.
92. 5-2 SNAFU
93. 5-3 Truth Be Told
94. 5-4 ShotSpotter
95. 5-5 A More Perfect Union
96. 5-6 QSO
97. 5-7 6,741
98. 5-8 Reassortment
99. 5-9 Line Hunt
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 2:10 pm

We already were afraid that PoI's 5th season would be the last, but now it's official ...

Person of Interest - Season 5 - Will be final season on CBS

Damn it ... as if the ending of Continuum wasn't enough this year ... now this ... Mad Sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 2:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 5 Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next