TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Discussion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
T5000
Admin
T5000

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 1:02 pm

OK

I made this for easy access , and if you want to create other more specific  sub forums feel free to do that.
I will do that on iron man as I feel they have ruined his character and just way over the top with it.

I will also do a T-5 Forum right below this one.

I think I might make a movie forum where each movie has a banner, but that wuld be for the bigtime movies only
That at least 2 of us here would watch .
The rest would still go in the other movie forum.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
Ez

Ez

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 6:50 pm

Ok, saw this. It was really good, just not as good as the original, it's really hard to replicate seeing The Avengers form like in the first one. I really liked Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlett Witch, I would give it 4/5 stars. Definitely worth seeing.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 1:34 am

why kill off quicksilver though ?? in the comic they were brother and sister, and together for long time.
Also in this she seemed to have too much power and undefined.

Too many robots, at times it was just a bunch of robots as target practice.

Who did ultrons voice, it was familiar.

Overall ultron was not a great villain, and the story was not all that good.

I felt like I was watching a transformers movie at times.

I would rather have a good story, and dialogue, than cgi destruction.

And ironman was ... well they have ruined him. every movie a different suit and crazier.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 8:30 am

James Spader was Ultron. I think they killed Quicksilver because he is already established in the Xmen movies, which is the reason they altered their origin, they are really Magneto's kids. Iron Man does have a lot of suits in the comics, and Scarlett Witch is very powerful in the comics as well.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 12:27 pm

Ok I knew his voice but could not place it.
I dont know about the newer comics , I mainly read the 60's thru the late 80's.

Iron man should only have one suit, and keep it simple, and occasionally had a new weapon.
He should look the same each movie.

So quicksilver will be alive in xmen ??

Scarlett Witch is a little out there , I could not say just what her powers are for sure.
I like clearly defined powers, and nothing too powerful.

And this movie had too much cgi.
Ist movie was good this one was meh.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 12:53 pm

I agree the first movie was better, I didn't think it was awful I personally feel RDJ is awesome as Ironman, The Ironman I grew up reading he is spot on, 80's -00's. Have you not seen Xmen Days of Future Past? Quicksilver was in it and I liked him and the portrayal of his powers much better. Scarlett Witch is essentially a Sorceress, extremely powerful. She has two different story arcs in the comics that show how she can lose control. In Avengers Disassembled she kills Scott Lang (ant-Man), in the house of M- it takes Dr. Strange to bring her down. I will look for a synopsis on her powers, but I thought she was one of the bright spots of the movie.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 12:55 pm

This is from Wikipedia:

The Scarlet Witch is a mutant who has the ability to manipulate probability via her "hexes" (often manifesting physically as "hex spheres" or "hex bolts"). These hexes are relatively short range, and are limited to her line of sight. Casting a hex requires a gesture and concentration on her part, though the gestures are largely a focus for the concentration and, despite this precision, the hexes are not necessarily guaranteed to work, particularly if Wanda is tired or using her powers excessively. If overextended, Wanda's hexes can backfire, causing probability to work against her wishes or to undo previous hexes. Early in her career, her hexes were subconscious on her part, and would be automatically triggered whenever she made a particular gesture, regardless of her intent. These hexes would only manifest "bad luck" effects. She later gained enough control over her powers that her powers only work when she wants them to, and they are not limited to negative effects. She can use her hexes to light flammable objects, contain or remove air from a particular volume, deflect objects, stop the momentum of projectiles, open doors, explode objects, create force fields and deflect magical attacks, etc. The effects are varied but almost always detrimental to opponents, such as causing the artifact the Evil Eye to work against inter-dimensional warlord Dormammu,[91] the robot Ultron to short circuit,[92] or a gas main underneath the Brotherhood of Mutants to explode.[93] Wanda is an expert combatant having been trained by both Captain America and Hawkeye, as well as being an adept tactician due to her years of experience working as an Avenger and her experience in a variety of combat situations. The Scarlet Witch also has the potential to wield magic and later learned that she was destined to serve the role of Nexus Being, a living focal point for the Earth dimension's mystical energy.[94]

Writer Kurt Busiek redefined the Scarlet Witch's powers, and maintained that it was in fact an ability to manipulate chaos magic, activated due to the demon Chthon changing her mutation at birth into an ability to wield and control magical energy. This was offered as an explanation for her various feats that seemed to go beyond probability alteration, as well as why her hexes almost always have an effect that is favorable to her goals.[59] During Busiek's run as well as the subsequent run by Geoff Johns, she was shown to be capable of large-scale spells given enough concentration and time to shape the chaos magic to a specific goal, including the resurrection of Wonder Man.[59]

In House of M, her power was depicted as sufficient to rewrite her entire universe,[95] and cause multiverse-threatening ripples.[96] In The Children's Crusade it was revealed that this omnipotence was not part of her natural power level, but the result of a cosmic magical source that increased a magic user's powers to god-like levels.[67] By the end of the event she had returned to her previous power level, able to alter probability and work magic, but not able to change reality at will.[76]

She also has a degree of resistance to the Phoenix Force and can also cause pain to its hosts, such as Cyclops when he tried to stop Hope from going with her.[97] Although this becomes less effective as the Phoenix Force portions are divided among those who have not yet been defeated.[volume & issue needed] A vs X #12 confirmed that her powers involve chaos magic, and stated that she has "Mutant Magic", and the "primal source of her chaos" magic is cosmic.[volume & issue needed]
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 1:33 pm

A different actor plays Quicksilver in the Xmen movies, Marvel sold their the rights of anything Mutant related to Fox before they had their own studios, so Marvel movies can't mention Mutants or anything Xrelated. I imagine they regret this now. Fox also has the rights to Fantastic Four, Sony still has the rights to Spiderman, but they are letting Marvel use him and make his movies since they keep screwing it up. Spiderman will make his Marvel debut in Captain America: Civil War
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:47 pm

total so far for
Avengers:
Age of Ultron
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Production Budget: $250 million

Domestic: $438,901,113 32.5%
+ Foreign: $910,200,000 67.5%
Worldwide: $1,349,101,113
--------------------
MPAA Rating: PG-13 Production Budget: $190 million

FURIOUS 7
Domestic: $350,081,220 23.2%
+ Foreign: $1,160,000,000 76.8%
= Worldwide: $1,510,081,220

Those are the top 2 money makers, both over 1 billion.

Paul Walker *star in F7 ,got in the wrong car, after this movie and lost his life, his friend was driving
and Porsche designed for going fast , and he lost control and car was demolished.
Both died.

Paul was coming from a charity event he hosted, which helped survivors of things like earthquakes mudslides etc.
he donated and raise a lot of $ each year for this , so even more sad he was this type of person , and died so young.

People just dont realize that high speed in a small car can be deadly so easily.

There will be F8 and A-3 since they make so much $.

Funny how they say piracy hurts movies, but these movies are DL very heavy, but They still make over a billion.
If a movie is good or popular it will make money at theater.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:53 pm

They have Marvel movies mapped out through 2019, the next Avengers is a 2 parter, It will be the Infinity Wars
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Ez wrote:
They have Marvel movies mapped out through 2019, the next Avengers is a 2 parter, It will be the Infinity Wars
Well I dont care for a 2 parter .
to me think they are getting carried away with them, and instead of being simple, they are too complex
and emphasis is on cgi, and a lot of the cgi is just tearing things up.

I watched the first Iron man again and it was so much more simple and better than # 3 # 2 was sort of good.
Avengers 1 was good but found the last one to be like a transformers movie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussion
Page 1 of 1