TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
T5000
Admin
T5000

The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point" Empty
PostSubject: The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point"   The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 6:48 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afEG0rM2Sz0

=====================================================

Ok Tscc did not do this one Sad
Saw 3x09, and it was ok but I dont like what hirst has done with the show.
It looks like he is killing off Ragnar as well.
Also he used elements from 845 siege and 886 seige, then stirred in a bunch of fiction and religion
and that is what we are seeing.

I wanted the show to be about Ragnar for 5 seasons, then they can kill him off, and show is over,
and they could spin off into another segment.
I wanted to see viking raids and successes in england and coast of france, maybe even russia or america.

I wanted to see a more fun show, not one so dark and brooding and depressing.

I will watch 310 but am disappointed in this season.
So Far S-1 is the best by far.

I wonder if he thinks the show will stay as popular after killing off so many regulars, and then Ragnar himself??
I have to wonder what he is smoking ! Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point"   The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 6:51 am

There was one funny yet bizzare moment,lol
When the earl said someone hold my hair, and then he pulled back and it cut the guys hand off.
That was sort of funny.

Also in this ep they offered 5,760 lbs of gold and silver, which is exavtly what it says ragnar got to leave after taking the city in 845.
So he read the same account I did.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point"   The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 6:00 pm

I don' think Ragnar will die, he doesn't die in France.
Spoiler:
If he does die, I am finished with this show for losing it's historical accuracy.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point"   The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 6:02 pm

I did like the part where the guy got his hand cut off, best part of the episode.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point"   The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 6:36 pm

Ez wrote:
I did like the part where the guy got his hand cut off, best part of the episode.
I did most like that the dumb brutes got their asses kicked again ...
I think Bjorn mentionend the number of about 1000 Viking losses so far. So I'm still wondering how many Vikings over all were attacking Paris? 5000? 10000 or more? How would the Vikings pull off such numbers?
Anyways, matching whatever historical facts or not, I think this will end with treason (somehow they get someone to open the gates) or with an actual deal (like it seems at the end of this ep).
To be honest, by now I don't care much for the character of Ragnar anymore, especially how he is portrayed for quite some time now. I don't like all these weird moves of his head and that more and more crazy expression of his eyes and face, which started way before his suppused internal injuries.
And then again they had to get on my nerves with that transcendent vision crap ... of course Ragnar has to vision Athelstan now (ok, we also could blame the fever, but this is Vikings, so Wink )...
Oh, and why even waste some time with Wessex and Kattegat??? Imho completely redundant for this ep.
After all, compared to last week's great ep 1x08, ep 1x09 was a bit of a setback for sure.
I'm not quite sure what exactly to expect from the S 3 finale now, but I'm curious at least.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point"   The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point" Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 8:11 am

Ez wrote:
I don' think Ragnar will die, he doesn't die in France.
Spoiler:
If he does die, I am finished with this show for losing it's historical accuracy.

Well there are 2 historical versions, and both were written many years after the events.
there is die in the snake pit, and die from plague at home.
Historically king horick was alive and the king at time of 1st siege of paris, and this show hirst is combining
both sieges in 845 by ragnar, and in 885 by rollo into one siege.
and you cant expect historical accuracy from a tv show , and especially one done by hirst.

For example we dont know vikings were all tattooed up, and the hairstyles too are all just made up.
Sheild maidens are also made up.

@ tscc there were 5000 vikings and 100-200 ships in first siege in 845. nly they took paris easily, I dont think at that time
they had the big walls.
The 2nd time in 886 by rollo the walls were there, and they held the vikings off, and then they left to raid elsewhere.

only 1 more ep so er have to watch that, and I dont have any idea what hirst will do.
He is like JF tscc, he is making the show he wants to see and does not really care about the fans and likes to surprise or shock fans.
It is sad as the show had a great cast (like tscc) and potential.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point"   The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point" Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 9:45 am

Either way, if Ragnar dies, I am finished with the show, like you said, this show had so much promise, but has quickly turned to crap
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point"   The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point" Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 5:53 pm

Ez wrote:
Either way, if Ragnar dies, I am finished with the show, like you said, this show had so much promise, but has quickly turned to crap

Well I wont quit it , but I may lose interest along with many others.

Showrunners can be very stupid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point"   The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Vikings Episode 3x09 "'Breaking Point"
Page 1 of 1