TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

tscc1000

Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water) Empty
PostSubject: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:28 am

HAWAII FIVE-0
Air Date: Friday, October 04, 2013
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#402) "A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out of Water)"

"A' ale Ma'a Wau*" - A Five-0 murder investigation leads the team to help a Texas Ranger who comes to the island to find his missing daughter. Meanwhile, Kono and Adam fight to stay alive when their hidden location is discovered, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Oct. 4 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on CBS.
Tim Daly guest stars as a Texas Ranger.

(*A' ale Ma'a Wau is Hawaiian for "Fish Out of Water")

SERIES REGULARS:

Alex O'Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny "Danno" Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Michelle Borth (Catherine Rollins)

RECURRING CAST:

Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Teilor Grubbs (Grace Williams)
Ian Anthony Dale (Adam Noshimuri)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)
Shawn Mokuahi Garnett (Flippa)
Justin Bruening (Lt. Commander Billy Harrington)

GUEST CAST:

Tim Daly (Ray Harper)
Bobby Foley (Michael Maki)
Marcus Natividad (Tom Akuna)
Brando Eaton (Carl Jacobson)
Ajax Maharlika (Frankie Choi)
Kristi Lauren (Amanda Harper)
Jon Michael Zimbrich (Shrimp Player)
Tia Morales (Looky-Loo #1)

WRITTEN BY: John Dove

DIRECTED BY: Joe Dante

Source: CBS | TheFutonCritic.com
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:30 am

Here are the promo pics for episode 4x02:

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:32 am

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 3:51 pm

This was a ok standalone ep.
I thought daly was the bad guy at first, so fooled me.
I see grace is back, does she live with dano?
What happened to his ex, they ever say?
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 4:53 pm

T5000_ADMIN_T5000 wrote:
Ep 4x02 was entertaining. A new car for Danno, but Steve doesn't let him drive as always ... ;-)
Oh, and as expected, because it would have been too obvious now, Steve and Wo Fat are not (half-)brothers.
Cath leaves the Navy, so I hope to see more of her in future episodes. And I'm curious, what it takes to make Steve jealous ... LOL

Also, Kono doesn't like to play defense ... so watch out, Yakuza!

Hm, I think Danno's ex at last didn't move to the mainland, so Danno can be with Grace from time to time.
But to be honest, I'm not even sure about that ... with this plot they definitely could have done way better ... maybe it's really that difficult to get the actress who played Danno's ex for some more guest appearances??
Back to top Go down
webruce

webruce

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 12:24 pm

Like Danny's new ride. Hated to see white Camaro blown up, but love new black SS Camaro. Seems Chins Traverse got fixed quick. Steve imediately takes the keys. To bad for Danny, but he had to know, if not immediately, it would be soon. Also liked seeing the 1974 Mercury Marquis Steve owns from the original Series. Kono and Adam with a Jeep. Not sure how many are in a foreign country like that.

Kono and Adam at the cabin, nice area. She took out those assasins very nicely. used the McGarrett perp shield to perfection! When the Jeep broke down I figured they would be attached again. Adam wanted to send her home. But Kono wanting to go on the offensive made me smile. Surprised they haven't let the story line rest. But glad they aren't. But also surprised they were found so quickly. But the break in did that I guess.

Must be Doris is in deeper. That is ok for now. But no word on Charlie Fongs condition.

Chin happy for his new Computer!

Car talk was good! Did Steve check the results from Max?? I must of missed that part.

Liked Tim Daly as Ray Harper, Texas Ranger. Had been watching Wings lately on Netflix. So was surprised to see him. As wife pointed out, he still looks good. Wondered when Walker (Chuck Norris) would show up??, Him chasing the kidnappers of his daughter, to Hawaii was a good story line. Throwing Michael Maki in the trunk was cute, but infront of the camera?? But found dead later, not so good. Then peanut buttering up Tom Akuna and leaving him in the fields was funny. He prefers chunky, lol And the rat vs. mongoose story. Later Steve and Chin finding Akuna showering and still with peanut butter on his head made me laugh. Tracking down Amanda took a little effort and that was good. Carl Jacobson(Scrubs), using his gf for delievery of $75,000. Then she is held for randsom then sold into sex slavery? Steve quipping "let's saddle up" was funny. Team took down fortress easily enough. The dock fighting was good. But when They open the cargo box, and Ray finds only Amanda. I thought 2 things. 1, they didn't have other women in there? and 2, Steve, Danny and Chin just stand watching, I thought you can get attached by anyone not out of commision!! But it didn't happen. Action was good to me and no outrageous stunts. Seeing Duke 2 episodes in a row is a good sign.

Catherine and Billy Harrington(Night Rider) working together didn't seem to make Steve upset. I wonder what they have in store. Steve and Catherine are showing more affection then in seasons past. That is a good thing. Some story lines may come out of her being Security. maybe this change is in relationship to all the complaints about her being Navy and not H50, or using Navy resourses as her own?
Back to top Go down
webruce

webruce

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 12:58 pm

Pee Wee baseball scenes were cute. Gracie hitting it out of park. Steve/Danno/Catherine being coaches was nice. Surprised Steve wasn't helping Catherine team. Komekono as umpire worked! Chin Ho in stands. What was Catherine's team name? I see Danny's was Honolulu Shrimps.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:13 am

But when They open the cargo box, and Ray finds only Amanda. I thought 2 things. 1, they didn't have other women in there?..............I thought the same thing, I expected a bunch of women !
But they had just one girl with like 6 guards ! lol why even have any guards? they have no reason to have guards there, and it would not look good to have them walking around with machine guns ! LOL

So I missed 1st few minutes what is the word on the blood test??
They not related at all??
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:25 am

tscc1000 wrote:
T5000_ADMIN_T5000 wrote:
Ep 4x02 was entertaining. A new car for Danno, but Steve doesn't let him drive as always ... ;-)
Oh, and as expected, because it would have been too obvious now, Steve and Wo Fat are not (half-)brothers.
Cath leaves the Navy, so I hope to see more of her in future episodes. And I'm curious, what it takes to make Steve jealous ... LOL

Also, Kono doesn't like to play defense ... so watch out, Yakuza!

Hm, I think Danno's ex at last didn't move to the mainland, so Danno can be with Grace from time to time.
But to be honest, I'm not even sure about that ... with this plot they definitely could have done way better ... maybe it's really that difficult to get the actress who played Danno's ex for some more guest appearances??
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1834096/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t16
Claire van der Boom
Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water) Qz1w8l
I liked her , and it seems she is not or has not been doing much.
She was only in 8 episodes in first 2 seasons, so not hard to have her back for 1 or 2 a season, or even 4.
you can look at her page and see she was not doing much, 2 shorts and 1 movie, and now a tv series.
She is from Australia, so there could be other reasons, or the show runner felt she was not important!!!!!!!!!!
you know grace disappeared too for awhile and  she lives in hawaii?? she is a local I am pretty sure.

Just curious why is the new camaro black ???????????
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:47 am

Now this is just me personally, but if I were doing a tv show, anyone who was recurring would be
contracted for the 5 years, anyone like lauren, brought in would be contracted ( for her 4 years)

In supernatural they had one girl who played meg, a recurring demon.
the girl did a good job with the role.
then they for whatever reason replace her with another girl who was a total dud playing the same role, which would have been better to just make her a new character.
With 5-0, they started the grace and Danno's ex thing, brought it back a 2nd time, and then they just drop it, and now just grace pops in unexplained it is poor mgmt.
the truth is they probably did not pay her enough for it to be worthwhile, I know lauren left cause they were not paying her anywhere near what she gets on chicago fire.
Some of ...Most of these show producers, the companys that make them are kinda cheap with lower ranked actors. They pay the stars a fortune, and spend a ton on other stuff, but go cheap on the lower actors.
Back to top Go down
webruce

webruce

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:03 pm

I thought Lauren was dropped because of all the bad comments about her. They should bring her back periodically. Same with Danny's ex and the new BF. Aslo Gabby should be signed to as you stated.
5-0 has left a lot of open ended info and stories. At least the "check if Wo-Fat and Steve are brothers" and "why did Doris not shoot him" questions have at least been brought up. Wo-Fats answer was kinda lame. But what should Steve expect?
Well Black Camaro fits with Black Challenger on NCIS:LA, Chargers on NCIS, and now Charger on Blue Bloods, replaced the Blue Impala,and Tahoes on Criminal Minds, and on CSI.
I guess Steve and Wo-Fat aren't brothers. But as stated in another Forum, if you go by ages, Wo-Fat(actor) is closer to Dorise's age then Steve's. So he could be Steve's Uncle, or maybe Doris isn't Steve's mother? So unless Doris is playing older and Wo-Fat younger they can't be brothers.
Back to top Go down
webruce

webruce

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:05 pm

Also about the armed guards for Amanda. Maybe they had stolen goods, drugs and weapons in storage??
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 3:16 am

webruce wrote:
I thought Lauren was dropped because of all the bad comments about her. They should bring her back periodically. Same with Danny's ex and the new BF. Aslo Gabby should be signed to as you stated.
5-0 has left a lot of open ended info and stories. At least the "check if Wo-Fat and Steve are brothers" and "why did Doris not shoot him" questions have at least been brought up. Wo-Fats answer was kinda lame. But what should Steve expect?
Well Black Camaro fits with Black Challenger on NCIS:LA, Chargers on NCIS, and now Charger on Blue Bloods, replaced the Blue Impala,and Tahoes on Criminal Minds, and on CSI.
I guess Steve and Wo-Fat aren't brothers. But as stated in another Forum, if you go by ages, Wo-Fat(actor) is closer to Dorise's age then Steve's. So he could be Steve's Uncle, or maybe Doris isn't Steve's mother? So unless Doris is playing older and Wo-Fat younger they can't be brothers.
Lauren was "let go" so she could take the job on chicago fire. She wont be back since she is on a show on another network now that will outlast 5-0.

So the car changes are a ongoing trend ??lol sounds about right.
maybe Doris isn't Steve's mother?......... I would like that, it would be funny too.
So the blood test was negative?? what did wofat say?
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 4:22 pm

T5000 wrote:

maybe Doris isn't Steve's mother?......... I would like that, it would be funny too.
Yes, the blood test was negative.
But Steve didn't talk to Wo Fat about the negative result so far.
Damn, I'm afraid we'll probably hear about Wo Fat again only in ep 4x20 or later ... Wink
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 1:59 am

tscc1000 wrote:
T5000 wrote:

Yes, the blood test was negative.
But Steve didn't talk to Wo Fat about the negative result so far.
Damn, I'm afraid we'll probably hear about Wo Fat again only in ep 4x20 or later ... Wink
Ok tscc thanks for the answer.
Kinda weird that they would imply they were related only to quickly say no they are not?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.02 :: A' ale Ma'a Wau (Fish Out Of Water)
Page 1 of 1