TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Discussion for this show

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
T5000
Admin
T5000

General Discussion for this show Empty
PostSubject: General Discussion for this show   General Discussion for this show Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:54 pm

Interview with candice Accola
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/vampire-diaries-season-5-candice-641671

After a summer to de-stress, the CW drama returns with Elena (Nina Dobrev) -- happily gallivanting with Damon (Ian Somerhalder) -- and Caroline (Candice Accola) looking ahead to life after high school at nearby Whitmore College, but it won't be smooth sailing.

It's been months since the events of the high-stakes season-four finale, which saw Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) resurrected, Katherine turning human and the villainous Silas locking Stefan (Paul Wesley) away in an underwater tomb, and it appears life is back to normal. But in Mystic Falls, that never lasts long.

PHOTOS: 'The Originals' Bloody Character Posters Debut

In a chat with The Hollywood Reporter, Accola previews the upcoming fifth season, including Caroline and Tyler's uncertain future, introducing a brand-new world and the mystery of Whitmore College.

Season five introduces a brand-new world with Elena and Caroline heading off to college. What was that like, heading into a new environment?

It's really exciting. There's a lot of transitions in this season, with the Originals gone -- they've got their new show [The Originals, debuting after The Vampire Diaries] now -- the girls going to college and not knowing that Bonnie's (Kat Graham) dead and that Stefan's locked away in a tomb underwater. Just your average things to deal with when you're going off to college. (Laughs.) No, but we have a lot of big, exciting storylines and it's a nice new world that we're transitioning into and I think the writers have done such a great job. It's not such a harsh transition to where you're no longer in Mystic Falls or anything like that. You still feel connected.

How different is Whitmore College from Mystic Falls?

Whitmore College is very different from Mystic Falls, namely because there's so many new people. There's new places, there's new sets, it's all new. We still have parties and events [each week], and we will see these characters get dressed up.

VIDEO: 'Vampire Diaries' First Season-5 Promo Debuts

Elena and Caroline's friendship is going strong at the start of the season. What sort of troubles will they face this year in college?

I have no idea what kind of troubles they are going to face throughout the season, but they are really good right now. I think what the writers do so well in writing this female friendship is that they can have women tell each other the truth, "Hey, I don't agree when you do that, but I still love you even though I don't like it." It's not a bunch of women talking about each other behind their backs and being mean for the sake of being mean. There's real purpose to any of their conflicts. I love that because that's how friendships really are. You don't always get along with your friends, you don't always like your friends but you love them and it's all rooted in the greater good of wanting the best for each other.

The two of them are kind of like buddy detectives, at least in the beginning ...

I love that Caroline and Elena are much more sure of who they are now, to be able to find the answers themselves, whereas before, over the past four seasons, they'd have to go to Damon and go to Stefan and ask someone to find the answers. Now, they know so much that they can go and figure it out for themselves and they're enjoying that role greatly.

How will Caroline and Elena deal with the pressures of having to hide their vampirism -- and being "functional" -- at Whitmore?

Vampires are not necessarily out in the open in Mystic Falls and they are definitely not out in the open at Whitmore College, so Caroline and Elena are hell-bent on keeping their identities a secret. We're going to see them continue to do so as the season goes on.

Caroline and Elena also learn that there is much more going on at college than they originally thought. How does their new roommate, Megan (Hayley Kiyoko), play into that?

I think it would be a very poor decision on the writers' part [not to follow through on that and have] nothing supernatural follow them there. We'll see these characters not have your average college experience. There will be drama that follows them there, and they're going to have to get to the bottom of all of these new problems that have popped up at school. Rest assured, it won't just be frat parties and keg stands. There will be a lot more going on at Whitmore College.

Hypothetically speaking, how do you think Caroline will react when she finds out about Bonnie's sacrifice?

I would assume not well when Elena and Caroline learn what's happened to Bonnie. They will be quite heartbroken.

Early on, we're introduced to a new college student, Jesse (Kendrick Sampson), who takes a shine to Caroline. How does he play into her story?

What's really fun about the girls going to school is we have the opportunity to meet a whole bunch of new characters, and Jesse is one of these new characters. He's a very good-looking gentleman who seems to have taken a liking to Caroline, but Caroline's really focused on Tyler (Michael Trevino) and is not in any position to want to spend time with [Jesse]. But Elena's trying to encourage this budding romance, which quite frankly, Caroline does not consider a budding romance at all.

What's the likelihood of Tyler and Caroline lasting?

The likelihood of them lasting is just as likely as any other high school relationships that [travel] to college. Sometimes that works, sometimes that doesn't. I think Caroline's really trying to make it work but I think in most circumstances, high school sweethearts don't really make it past freshman year.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion for this show   General Discussion for this show Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 7:18 pm

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/fall-tv/everything-s-new-on--the-vampire-diaries---12-things-to-expect-in-season-5-012330626.html

The new season of "The Vampire Diaries" is all about the new: new places, new faces, new experiences, new friends, new enemies.

May's game-changing finale set up new world orders for many of the characters: Elena, Caroline, Bonnie, and Matt graduated from high school; Bonnie died, and Jeremy came back to life; Matt left with Rebekah on a grand European tour; Katherine became a human again; Stefan was locked in a box at the bottom of a river; Silas began posing as Stefan; and Elena and Damon finally got together.

[Photos: Check Out New 'TVD' Pics]

With summer over, they're all trying to figure out their new lives, whether it's at college or still in Mystic Falls. Here are a dozen things to expect from Season 5 of "The Vampire Diaries":

1. Damon and Elena are blissfully in love …

The fifth-season premiere is titled "I Know What You Did Last Summer," and when it comes to Damon and Elena, it was sex — "hot lovin' sex," as executive producer Julie Plec tells Entertainment Weekly.

2. … but they fight like any other couple.

Plec promises that any problems will be "little things that any normal couple would fight about and then hopefully make up over." Their relationship faces a test when it becomes long-distance after Elena departs for college. Oh, and the fact that Katherine is shacking up at the Salvatore mansion doesn't make her doppelganger very happy.

[Related: Paul Wesley Is Dating Former 'Vampire Diaries' Co-star Phoebe Tonkin!]

3. Stefan is still six feet under (water).

Over the summer, while Delena were having the aforementioned sex, Stefan was chilling inside a box at the bottom of the river while Silas took his identity in Mystic Falls. But while his friends and brother don't immediately figure out that "Stefan" isn't actually Stefan, Plec says the secret won't remain buried (or should we say drowned) for too long. "The unveiling of the Silas secret identity treachery will happen quickly, because we tend not to drag that stuff out too long on 'The Vampire Diaries,'" she told Hollywood Crush.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion for this show   General Discussion for this show Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 7:18 pm

4. Speaking of Silas, he won't be the season's only bad guy.

There's no lounging by the pool or road-tripping to the beach for the immortal being over the summer. Silas is up to no good as he continues to search for a way to cross over to the other side to be with his love. But while he might be a problem for Damon, Elena, and friends, he's by no means the only one. "He's causing the most trouble at the beginning of the season, for sure," Plec tells TV Guide, "but by no means is he the biggest villain."

[Video: Behind the Scenes of 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 4: Location, Location, Location]

5. College calls!

Elena and Caroline leave Mystic Falls for the beautiful, venerable campus of Whitmore College, where they'll go to class, pull all-nighters in the library, make new friends — you know, like any other regular students. "They're really committed to enjoying life and enjoying college and being college freshmen," Plec explains to Hollywood Crush. Except for the fact that they're vampires. She adds, "Of course things will go instantly, terribly wrong."

It starts with the death of a fellow student on campus, which leads Elena and Caroline to meet some new people (good and bad).

Candice Accola recalls her favorite moments:

6. Caroline and Tyler are together, but not together.

At the end of last season, Klaus magnanimously dropped his vendetta against Tyler, for Caroline's sake. But the werewolf-vampire hybrid is nowhere to be found.

"Tyler's MIA in the beginning, which is a surprise because he should be there because she got him his freedom," Plec tells Wetpaint. "So where the f--k is he? Excuse my language."

[Related: On the Set With 'Vampire Diaries' Star Candice Accola: Things Have Changed For Caroline and Tyler]

7. Absence makes the heart open for new love interests.

With both Elena and Caroline's boyfriends away, the door is open for new guys. The charming, handsome Jesse (Kendrick Sampson) takes an instant liking to Caroline, though she treats him as a friend.

Meanwhile, after the campus death, Elena bonds with Aaron (Shaun Sipos) over their tragic pasts.

[Related: Nina Dobrev, Derek Hough Dating: How They Met!]

8. The "Other Side" will be explored.

In Mystic Falls, just because you're no longer among the living doesn't mean you can't still hang around. Bonnie is "still very much part of the show, and I think this is like a really cool psychological chapter for her," executive producer Caroline Dries tells Wetpaint. "And she kind of accepts the fact that she's dead, and that's just her reality. So it's not an easy thing for her to swallow."

We'll also get to see glimpses of Bonnie's "life" on the other side. "That's something new for the fans," Bonnie's portrayer Kat Graham explains to the Hollywood Reporter. "They'll be able to see that side that hasn't been explored yet," she says.

9. Jeremy's all grown up!

Elena's kid brother is a kid no longer. With his sister off to college, Jeremy is on his own. Oh, and his friends at school are kind of wondering about the fact that he died and they held a memorial for him.

"He has to deal with the awkward social situation that he's about to walk into, and he actually takes on a very man kind of role," Dries says. "He really grows up between last season and this season. He takes on a protagonist type of action role."

[Related: 'TVD' Star Previews an 'Explosive' Jeremy in Season 5]

Along with his new maturity, Jeremy grows even closer with Bonnie because he can see dead people and she's a ghost. "It creates an intimacy relying on one person as your connection to the one thing that matters the most to you," Graham notes.

10. Matt and Rebekah's crazy European adventure gets even crazier.

One word: threesome. Yes, small-town good guy Matt is really experiencing the world, thanks to Rebekah. And that includes an interlude sexy, mysterious woman named Nadia (Olga Fonda). After Rebekah departs for New Orleans — she'll be part of the spinoff "The Originals" — Nadia "will find her way to Mystic Falls under mysterious circumstances and with a mysterious agenda," Plec teases.

Zach Roerig previews what's in store for Matt:

[Related: 'Vampire Diaries' Star Reveals His Secret Child During Custody Battle]

11. A flashback explores a new decade.

The season's third episode features yet another flashback to Damon's and Stefan's pasts. This time, "it is a decade we haven't seen before," Dries reveals to TV Line. "It's going to be very good."

The flashback will introduce a new vampire named Tessa (former "True Blood" star Janina Gavankar), who is Stefan's ex-girlfriend.

12. A hot professor becomes a new foe.

On "The Vampire Diaries," handsome teachers are not to be trusted. The newest one is Dr. Wes Maxfield (Rick Cosnett), a professor at Whitmore College who Elena and Caroline suspect is hiding "a dark and dangerous secret."
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion for this show   General Discussion for this show Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 4:14 am

Catherine sure is hot, I know same actress plays elana, but they are so different, and I like catherine way more.

Have seen the first 2 and for the most part it is good.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion for this show   General Discussion for this show Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 1:08 pm

I have just started watching this, once I am caught up I will start posting about it
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion for this show   General Discussion for this show Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 11:13 am

Ez wrote:
I have just started watching this, once I am caught up I will start posting about it
are you starting on S-1??
If So S-1 takes about 7 eps to start getting better, then it is good till end of S-1
S-2 is very good, and then S-3 is good.
after that it is so so at times good at times maybe not.

I am  stopped on 6x07, havent got caught up yet.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion for this show   General Discussion for this show Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 1:09 pm

I am about to finish the 5th season, I have about 5 more eps to go
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion for this show   General Discussion for this show Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 1:33 pm

Do you watch the Originals? I plan on starting it next
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion for this show   General Discussion for this show Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 7:15 pm

Im all caught up now, I am about to start the Originals
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion for this show   General Discussion for this show Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 5:14 am

Well I watched most of S-1 of the originals, but I did not like the setup or the writing , and there was one guy I just could not stand so I dropped that show.

They were ok on VD, but in their own show not so much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion for this show   General Discussion for this show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussion for this show
Page 1 of 1