TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GOTHAM EP 03

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
T5000
Admin
T5000

GOTHAM EP 03 Empty
PostSubject: GOTHAM EP 03   GOTHAM EP 03 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 8:24 am

Ok saw this and not much catgirl , she just ran away lol.
I liked the balloon killings , was original.
then P shows up at gordans place?
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
Ez

Ez

GOTHAM EP 03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOTHAM EP 03   GOTHAM EP 03 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 4:31 pm

Yea, I don't know why he would go to Gordon's, hopefully Gordon calls him Cobblepot or Oswald so Barbara will know he didn't kill him. I liked the balloon killings too, especially because Bruce identified him as a criminal because he killed. I have heard some people complain about how corrupt Gotham is, but if it wasn't, Gotham wouldn't need a Batman in about 15-20 years.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

GOTHAM EP 03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOTHAM EP 03   GOTHAM EP 03 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 1:30 am

Ez wrote:
Yea, I don't know why he would go to Gordon's, hopefully Gordon calls him Cobblepot or Oswald so Barbara will know he didn't kill him. I liked the balloon killings too, especially because Bruce identified him as a criminal because he killed. I have heard some people complain about how corrupt Gotham is, but if it wasn't, Gotham wouldn't need a Batman in about 15-20 years.
on the bolded, they just overdo it , and could be more subtle about it. As it is , it is right out in the open, they dont even pretend to be good, and the show makes it like gordon is the only good one, which is overdoing it.
Also having a totally corrupt PD and a lot of criminals or super criminals are 2 different things.
Batman to counter the corruption is kinda overkill, you dont really need the corruption angle.
Just one or 2 bad cops who arent obvious would do the trick.

Gotham 2.5 7 6.28
The show is holding the ratings lost 3/10 in the demo , but not bad. Just depends if it keeps dropping or levels out soon.

I think with different show runner, this show could have been much better than what we are seeing now.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

GOTHAM EP 03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOTHAM EP 03   GOTHAM EP 03 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 12:37 pm

It looks like the villains of Gotham will terrorize Jim Gordon and the GCPD for a little while longer.

Fox just announced that it has ordered six more episodes of the freshman series, raising its first season order to a total of 22 episodes.

While the Batman prequel series slipped slightly in the ratings in its second week, the show also enjoyed one of the fall’s strongest premieres.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

GOTHAM EP 03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOTHAM EP 03   GOTHAM EP 03 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 8:53 am

Well that is good, gives it a whole season , I will be curious to see what they do with the last 6 if they change something for the better.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

GOTHAM EP 03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOTHAM EP 03   GOTHAM EP 03 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 10:39 am

Well hopefully it means we get the whole first season, I usually don't watch shoes on Fox because everyone I do watch gets canceled
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

GOTHAM EP 03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOTHAM EP 03   GOTHAM EP 03 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 5:30 am

Ez wrote:
Well hopefully  it means we get the whole first season, I usually  don't watch shoes on Fox because everyone I do watch gets canceled
Well I think S-1 is safe , lets see where it stands at end of S-1
This is a DC comic show, so I think that will help and pretty much guarantees all of S-1.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

GOTHAM EP 03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOTHAM EP 03   GOTHAM EP 03 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 6:45 am

I hope you are right, like I said I just don't trust Fox because they don't give shows a chance
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

GOTHAM EP 03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOTHAM EP 03   GOTHAM EP 03 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 9:54 am

Ez wrote:
I hope you are right,  like I said I just don't trust Fox because  they  don't give shows a chance

Well they do, they give a lot of low rated shows a 2nd season usually a short one, and unless it is real bad ratings, they air all the shows ordered.

the monday night slot from 7-9 pm central time, is not good for fictional shows, and they run their news at 9pm, and that is when the other networks run their fiction shows.
Like castle, blacklist, and ncis la.

sleepy hollow has done ok at 8pm, but most fictional shows fox has aired on monday have all failed.
And they just keep doing the same thing expecting different results.
The TSCC show me and Tscc1000 were fans of aired at 8pm on mon nights, and for S-2 it was moved to 7pm.
At 7pm it did worse than at 8pm, then later they moved it to fridays, then canceled it.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

GOTHAM EP 03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOTHAM EP 03   GOTHAM EP 03 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 11:53 am

I just am bitter from Firefly, they didn't play the whole that was ordered, and they played the episodes out of order! How does a serialize drama have a chance if you don't play them in the right order!
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

GOTHAM EP 03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOTHAM EP 03   GOTHAM EP 03 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 10:24 pm

ok I was a firefly fan too, at the time I knew nothing about the ratings.
the show just stopped coming on and later I found out it was canceled.
I actually bought vcd's of the last 3 shows to see them.

They ran the show at midseason I think, and put it on fridays lol and did not air the proper pilot
Which killed the show.
Firefly was also a stupid name for the show. It sounds cool once you know and like the show, but
not a name to get people to watch.
It started off low, and went lower so it was doomed from the start.

All shows drop off after pilot, but if they start real low then they are doomed.
Another thing is sci fi is not a ratings getter on network tv or even cable.
the type of people nielsen monitors is mostly people who dont like sci fi.
If firefly had been done by hbo or showtime, it might have done ok and got the 5 years.

It had a great cast, and was a good show, my fav was  the one with the black guy who got on the ship after river, and she went to his ship. That whole ep was so well done and unique!
That was the ep that made me say wow what a show, and it was the last one aired !! lol
edit.. ok the name was "objects in space" I recently watched the whole series again and it was great.
Now the movie, it did 38 mil at the theatre, which is ok except it cost 40 mil ! lol now if it really had a large fan group, it would have done 100 mil, and then there would have been sequels.
I would like to see another movie or even better a miniseries, but doubt it will ever happen.

But the truth is  if fox had let it run and given it a 2nd season, ratings would have never gone up, and fox would have lost money on doing that.

Same for Tscc, the WB charged like 2 million per episode to make the show, and if ad revenue  is only
1.8 mil per show why should they continue to air it??

Best thing is become a nielsen member, and then whatever you watch counts as hundreds of thousands of viewers! lol but you need to be 18-49 for it to mean something.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

GOTHAM EP 03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOTHAM EP 03   GOTHAM EP 03 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 10:50 pm

I fall in that demo lol. I own the Firefly Blu Ray and movie, awesome show with great writing. I even have some of the comic books they have released.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GOTHAM EP 03 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOTHAM EP 03   GOTHAM EP 03 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GOTHAM EP 03
Page 1 of 1