TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Penny Dreadful - Episode 1x02 - "Seance"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

tscc1000

Penny Dreadful - Episode 1x02 - "Seance" Empty
PostSubject: Penny Dreadful - Episode 1x02 - "Seance"   Penny Dreadful - Episode 1x02 - "Seance" Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 6:10 pm

On TV
Sun, May 18, 10:00 PM ET/PT
on SHOWTIME HD

1x02 Seance

In pursuit of answers, Vanessa and Sir Malcolm attend a party at Egyptologist Sir Ferdinand Lyle's home where they encounter the mysteriously beautiful Dorian Gray. The party takes a turn, however, when renowned medium Madame Kali hosts a séance. Meanwhile, Ethan befriends Ms. Brona Croft, a young Irish immigrant.

Source: Penny Dreadful @ Showtime

Last edited by tscc1000 on Sat May 24, 2014 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Penny Dreadful - Episode 1x02 - "Seance"   Penny Dreadful - Episode 1x02 - "Seance" Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 6:13 pm

Promo pics for ep 1x02:

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Penny Dreadful - Episode 1x02 - "Seance"   Penny Dreadful - Episode 1x02 - "Seance" Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 6:17 pm

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Penny Dreadful - Episode 1x02 - "Seance"   Penny Dreadful - Episode 1x02 - "Seance" Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 6:23 pm

That was a wild episode, but Eva Green's performance was awesome.

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Penny Dreadful - Episode 1x02 - "Seance"   Penny Dreadful - Episode 1x02 - "Seance" Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 6:31 pm

I thought this was sort of a boring ep, the whole seance, why would they even participate to begin with??
Then eva was a medium too and it all went thru her, but what was the point?

Then just as I was liking the silly frankenstien guy, the first born comes back and kills him and a really bizarre manner this is "english", and the seance reeked of english too.

The cowboy just has his own meaningless story, along with the sick whore.
more english , why write her as sick, what is the point?
Do they think her coughing up blood is cool? was it cool to have dorian lap it up? affraid 

I already have ep 3 so will watch that, but it looks like I wont be continuing with this show.

Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Penny Dreadful - Episode 1x02 - "Seance"   Penny Dreadful - Episode 1x02 - "Seance" Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 8:00 am

T5000 wrote:
1) I thought this was sort of a boring ep, the whole seance, why would they even participate to begin with??
Then eva was a medium too and it all went thru her, but what was the point?

2) Then just as I was liking the silly frankenstien guy, the first born comes back and kills him and a really bizarre manner this is "english", and the seance reeked of english too.

3) The cowboy just has his own meaningless story, along with the sick whore.
more english , why write her as sick, what is the point?
4) Do they think her coughing up blood is cool? was it cool to have dorian lap it up? affraid 

5) I already have ep 3 so will watch that,  but it looks like I wont be continuing with this show.

1) Well, the seance was meant as a little "special event" or highlight to entertain the guests at that professor's party. Some thrill for the girls. It was not forseen that Vanessa would be an even better medium and took over. But the point was that during that seance Sir Malcom's obviously dead son was summoned and spoke through Vanessa. It became clear, that there must have happened something tragic or terrible to him when he was in Africa with his father. Also Mina, Sir Malcom's daughter, tried to reach out to her father.
Anyways, Eva's performance was great here!

2) You seem to have a serious problem with a kind of "English" phobia ...  lol!  ... I give up, I just don't get it ...  Wink ...

3) Clearly your English phobia gets in your way. How do you kow, that the "cowboy's" story is meaningless? You're far too quick with your conclusions ...
The same goes for Brona. Of course there's a reason why she's written as sick. Maybe because of this she'll be ready to become a vampire or to be "treated" by Dr. Frankenstein later? Why can't you have a bit of patience here? ... Oh, I know, it's "English" ... LOL

4) Again ...  Rolling Eyes  ... wrong question. It's not about being cool, jeez ... They clearly wanted to show what a weird/strange guy that Dorian Grey is. Maybe he's a vampire or whatever ... just wait and see ...  Wink

5) Well, I'm sorry about that. Maybe you should work on your prejudices against "English TV"?  Wink
I for one will keep watching ...
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Penny Dreadful - Episode 1x02 - "Seance"   Penny Dreadful - Episode 1x02 - "Seance" Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 3:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Penny Dreadful - Episode 1x02 - "Seance"   Penny Dreadful - Episode 1x02 - "Seance" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Penny Dreadful - Episode 1x02 - "Seance"
Page 1 of 1