TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Homeland Season 4

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
T5000
Admin
T5000

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Ez wrote:
Sorry, I didn't mean to spoil you, I hope they followed Saul, I don't want him to die. It looks like Carrie gets captured in the previews for next week

LOL you just spoiled me again ?
As a general rule I dont watch previews on most shows. they often reveal too much.
previews are to get people to watch lol, but me and 90% are going to watch anyway so they serve little purpose,]
Except to lessen the effect of surprise etc.
I watch some , like stalker or flash sometimes. but really the shows are better the less you know.

They cant follow saul, 3 cars looked the same 3 directions, and I dont think they even followed one of them.
Like i said  a 1 in 3 chance you get it right, but they seemed to just stop.

Killing saul would be a mistake, but hey it is homeland.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
Ez

Ez

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 9:10 am

Sorry, I didn't mean to spoil you, I hope they followed Saul, I don't want him to die. It looks like Carrie gets captured in the previews for next week
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 11:40 pm

Ok saw ep 6, and it was good, I was surprised when saul popped up there.
Seems the guy knew what was going on and  made carrie look bad.
He grabbed saul for that meet.
Killing the kid was not needed though.

Carrie was ready to kill the kid too to get her guy, and that is wrong.
She justified it saying he suppied medicine to the jihad lol.

Then she got mad and was ready to kill saul to get her guy.

Only thing is you would have to think saul is going to die anyway, so might as well take the shot then.

# cars look the same and go 3 directions, good trick, I would follow one, you have a 1 in 3 chance it is the right one.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 9:39 pm

ok I changed it, you have to scroll down to quick reply, but it is auto to last post.
Since not many posts I will do this for season threads.
I changed survivor too.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 9:35 pm

OOPS  I had only seen ep 5, so you spoiled me !
We need to state what ep we are talking about.
Or make separate threads.
One thing I dont like about  the season thread is I have to go to page 2 or 3 so more clicks
I could change it to newest post first, might try that.
but still lets say what ep we are talking about, otherwise it is vague and  can spoil.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 5:41 am

Yea, I was disappointed they killed the kid, I liked him, but it is starting to get good!
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 1:30 am

Saul isnt much of a field operative is he?? lol
The whole thing was just to get him, so that was good.
It is starting to get a little interesting.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 4:34 pm

I was a soldier in combat, you are expected to stay loyal to your country, so I don't think he would get pass.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 9:21 am

there is no way he would have been pardoned,...........lol sure they could, it is a tv show !
and he had been brainwashed for years to do what he did or almost did.
So as a soldier who got in that situation serving his country,(in combat) then imprisoned for years, I would think his country owed him some special treatment in that situation.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 8:45 am

Brody was supposed to die at the end of season 1, there is no way he would have been pardoned, he was a suspected terrorist, in this day and age, you don't get pardoned for that, Damian Lewis is coming back to Showtime with another show, I have no clue what it is about, but he has signed on for it.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 6:40 am

yeah I like saul and the actor, he was food on dead like me, and quinn is at times likable.
That why I said varrie cant carry the show, they need another likable character played by the
right actor.
The actor who played brody was perfect as he played the stressed and nervous part so good.
and he was likable, they should have kept him alive , gave him a pardon and made him part of the team.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 7:43 am

I don't think Carrie is likable, but she is intriguing, I think Quinn and Saul are both likable
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 4:20 pm

Ok I saw ep 4 , and the end was a little perverted, mainly cause she was doing it for the wrong reasons.
The kid seems to be innocent, and she is going to use him to get what she wants with no concern what happens to the kid.

She is oblivious to how quinn has feelings for her.
She is using saul and his isnt even on the job lol.
She basically abandoned her baby.
So my question to you is she a likable character??
I have to wonder if the producers think she is likable or just interesting?

Like on Americans, the wife was at most times unlikable, but the husband was likable, and so was their daughter and son.

On this show they dont give you much to like about any of the characters.

Right now the  bad guys are vague , so we dont really dislike them lol.
The sandy guy was killed, but since we didnt know him it meant little.

The direction and filming and acting is good, and that is the only thing that makes the show watchable.

So far they have made Carrie a soulless self centered cia operative.
She is smart and efficient but that is it.

The show is still interesting,  but  it is lacking key ingredients.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 2:54 pm

Yea I watch the Americans
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 1:46 pm

Ez wrote:
I think this was a much better episode this week, I like seeing them getting back to the espionage, but really Carrie, is that how you get every asset, by sleeping with them? She did the exact same thing to Brody
Well this is how they do it a lot in the americans show, which is based on real events.
If you like espionage you should check out that show, it is better than homeland.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 12:00 pm

I think this was a much better episode this week, I like seeing them getting back to the espionage, but really Carrie, is that how you get every asset, by sleeping with them? She did the exact same thing to Brody
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Well finished ep 3, and she seemed very happy with herself, she was able to get her hook into the kid where the other girl who was pretty had failed, she became the boss and told the other guy off.
She came to terms with the ambassador. She told saul she doesnt need him, and quinn calls and she gets to him, so he will come back .
And she has a mission so all is good.

Carrie is the type that has to have a mission of a certain type or she is lost.

I went to imdb to get a idea of what others thought of this season, and saw that she kisses the
young arab kid, or sleeps with him, and that seemed to rile many, so now I have to watch ep 4 and see what she does.

I still think the show is lacking something .
Like it would help if they had had quinn, saul,and carrie all working as a unit , and then have her in charge, which this may be leading to.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 10:15 am

I want to see Lucy, it looks good, My Sundays are usually full with the NFL as well, I only watch the Walking Dead live on Sundays, everything is else is DVR'd
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 9:38 am

I havent watched but about 5min of ep 3, will post when i finish it.
Been trying to get caught up, and I am nfl fan so watch 2-3 games a week, and some movies.
I really liked the lucy movie.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 6:47 am

I disagree, I think she can handle the lead just fine, and now the show can get back to what it is supposed to be about, espionage
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 1:58 am

With brody gone they need someone special to fill that role/space, and right now no one in the cast is the right person.
Carrie is good but she cant carry the show, and the other actors are strictly role players.
They need a good actor to come in and be carries partner.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 6:45 am

I liked the Arab kid too, he was in Life of Pi, I think Quinn breaking down makes him more likeable, just me. If Carrie had drowned her baby she would have been the most despised person on television, I like the hints of Saul coming back to the CIA to replace the crooked senator, curious to see where the season goes.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 3:21 am

Well saw ep 1,2 and it was ok, dont really like what they are doing with the characters, but will try a few more and see if they hook me.
Thing is they have made the guy who was the badass sort of all messed up and a little unlikable, and carrie is almost totally unlikable.
Saul is sort of likable, so I have to wonder if the goofy producers plan on having likable characters!!!!!!

I fund myself liking the arab kid more than any of the others!
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 10:39 pm

Ez wrote:
I like the actor a lot as well, I loved him in Band of Brothers.

He was also in a short series, called life, which had 2 short seasons...maybe one was 22, but it was very good,
had a little comedy to it.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 2:18 pm

I like the actor a lot as well, I loved him in Band of Brothers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Homeland Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Season 4   Homeland Season 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homeland Season 4
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next