TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Raised by Wolves 2020 summary

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
T5000
Admin
T5000

Raised  by Wolves 2020  summary Empty
PostSubject: Raised by Wolves 2020 summary   Raised  by Wolves 2020  summary Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 6:32 am

RBW is a decent sci-fi show that gets better as it goes along, but cant say it is great, just interesting scifi.
A religious war has destroyed the earth and the survivors took off into space. One scientist took a android from the other

side,
and reprogrammed her/ it to take human embryo's to another world and start the human race over again.
It was a necromancer android, very powerful that he reprogrammed and she had a lesser android to help her.
They are mother and father.
They find a desolate world which has a good part with jungle, but they land or crash in a desolate area.

Some survivor humans from other side , the religious side, also wind up at this world. This creates the conflict over

again.
One side were atheists and the other religious. The religious faction created the necromancer to kill atheists,
and it was very effective in doing that and religious side won but since planet was destroyed in the process,
not much of a victory.

The show starts with crash landing, and they build shelter, and then mother brings the human babies to term
and has them one by one.

The religious faction is headed their way, having found that planet too, and travis fimmel plays a atheist who
is hiding among the religious group, him and his wife wanted to escape earth so they did what they had to
to get on the ship that was leaving.

The cast aside from travis, is just avg to below avg. This being I think a english production also affected casting.
The kids are all ok, but the adults are rather lackluster except fimmel.
Mother is the main character, and if she had been played by summer or some other suitable actress,
could have been a good character. This woman acts it ok, but is really hard to look at lol.

The character fimmel plays goes from being a atheist to being a believer and then obsessed with religion, as
he starts to believe he is the one who the prophecy is about.

Also the planet is weird , it seems that when people die their ghosts remain, not sure what they are doing
with that angle.

That is basically it. Basketball
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
KevinInEngland

KevinInEngland

PostSubject: Re: Raised by Wolves 2020 summary   Raised  by Wolves 2020  summary Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2020 12:36 pm

I know I ought to wait to see the series.
Hmnn, isn't it strange that so many humans believe in fairies and something out there! Study shows an area of the brain that conjures up this superstition - I don't know how much truth there is in that.
Yes, I agree. An English production of a series featuring a family who had a 'synth' or cyborg in their family, looking after the children. It was named Humans. It was very sub-standard and I got fed up with it eventually.

Ghosts remaining. That sounds interesting, if the writer can invent a semi-believable angle on that. For instance, a tree's root system that can absorb the human element and create it as a ghostly apparition. (Oh my gosh, I think I've had a great idea there!!!) I bet my idea is better than theirs. haha
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Raised by Wolves 2020 summary   Raised  by Wolves 2020  summary Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 10:40 pm

KevinInEngland wrote:
I know I ought to wait to see the series.
Hmnn, isn't it strange that so many humans believe in fairies and something out there!  Study shows an area of the brain that conjures up this superstition - I don't know how much truth there is in that.
Yes, I agree.  An English production of a series featuring a family who had a 'synth' or cyborg in their family, looking after the children.  It was named Humans.   It was very sub-standard and I got fed up with it eventually.

Ghosts remaining.  That sounds interesting, if the writer can invent a semi-believable angle on that.  For instance, a tree's root system that can absorb the human element and create it as a ghostly apparition.  (Oh my gosh, I think I've had a great idea there!!!)  I bet my idea is better than theirs. haha
Well the ghost angle was never explained, and I dont know if they are ghosts or not.
The one young girl who they thought fell in a deep deep hole, and died, is the one who appears and disappears.
and someone talks to the guy travis, and he thinks it is god.
So I dont know how they will explain those things.

KevinInEngland likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
Symeph

PostSubject: Re: Raised by Wolves 2020 summary   Raised  by Wolves 2020  summary Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 9:07 am

Season 2 has started - as breath of fresh air comparing to most other TV shows that I watch currently. Solid ideas, good visual and precision dialogs.

Funny thing - Campion said about law when saw that Paul found an artifact, but easily forgot about law when he himself found eggs. Humans are always humans.
Back to top Go down
Symeph

PostSubject: Re: Raised by Wolves 2020 summary   Raised  by Wolves 2020  summary Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 9:08 am

02x(02&03) - they've added speed a bit and I definitely like it.
Back to top Go down
Symeph

PostSubject: Re: Raised by Wolves 2020 summary   Raised  by Wolves 2020  summary Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2022 12:57 pm

Unfortunately was not able to comment show along series went. Damn that smart show are closed when stupid ones goes and goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raised by Wolves 2020 summary   Raised  by Wolves 2020  summary Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raised by Wolves 2020 summary
Page 1 of 1