TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

tscc1000

Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013   Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:06 pm

ARROW
Air Date: Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Time Slot: 8:00 PM-9:00 PM EST on The CW
Episode Title: (#207) "State v. Queen"

"State v. Queen"

MOIRA FIGHTS FOR HER LIFE; THE COUNT RETURNS - Oliver (Stephen Amell) is concerned when a mysterious illness sweeps the city, infecting hundreds of people, including Diggle (David Ramsey). Oliver discovers Vertigo in Diggle's blood and realizes The Count (guest star Seth Gabel) has broken out of prison and is once again distributing his drug. Meanwhile, Moira (Susanna Thompson) goes on trial for her participation in the Undertaking. ADA Adam Donner (guest star Dylan Bruce) collapses in court with Vertigo symptoms so Laurel (Katie Cassidy) must step in and try the case against Moira. Oliver is torn between standing by his family during the trial and catching The Count. However, things change when Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) follows a lead and walks straight into a trap set by The Count.

Bethany Rooney directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Drew Z. Greenberg (#207).

Source: Arrow on The CW | TheFutonCritic
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013   Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:10 pm

Here are the promo pics for ep 2x07:

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013   Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:14 pm

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013   Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 1:27 pm

looks like a boring ep, the trial, and drug boy for the villain.
If it has some Island stuff that may be the best part of the show.
do you think the young demo is interested in a trial?
sometimes I think these show runners just make a show without any thought, to if the demo they so badly need will want to see what they are writing.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013   Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 4:02 pm

T5000 wrote:
sometimes I think these show runners  just make a show without any thought, to if the demo they so badly need will want to see what they are writing.
Hm, the last two eps were pretty cool. I consider Sarah a win for the show. So I'm very curious for the events on this ship and her story with Oliver.
I'm with you here, that the island plot has really grown. Even Shado and Slade are alive, so we can look forward to quite something I guess.
But I'll wait and see to finally judge. I'm not that "young demo" who cannot follow a trial because they are constantly playing with their smart phones round around the clock. If it's made well, even that might at least be ok, especially if Moira comes up with some secrets, which she initially was so afraid to reveal to their kids, that she even wanted to make the deal with the DA.
And we'll get some Felicity action, how could you complain then?? Wink
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013   Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 11:12 pm

they must sell a lot of them, supernatural was sponsor totally by one cell phone tonight! as you can see I  go kicked back up here, gues soon I have to indtll the new firefox ..........................wow I have to post here!!  lol ......well let me say I wont be bored, but others might be, you know those smart phone kiddies! Just so you know  cell phones here are  the most popular thing in America!tscc1000 wrote:
T5000 wrote:
sometimes I think these show runners  just make a show without any thought, to if the demo they so badly need will want to see what they are writing.
Hm, the last two eps were pretty cool. I consider Sarah a win for the show. So I'm very curious for the events on this ship and her story with Oliver.
I'm with you here, that the island plot has really grown. Even Shado and Slade are alive, so we can look forward to quite something I guess.
But I'll wait and see to finally judge. I'm not that "young demo" who cannot follow a trial because they are constantly playing with their smart phones round around the clock. If it's made well, even that might at least be ok, especially if Moira comes up with some secrets, which she initially was so afraid to reveal to their kids, that she even wanted to make the deal with the DA.
And we'll get some Felicity action, how could you complain then?? Wink
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013   Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 11:30 pm

ok what I wanted to say is the island story is bad for this reason, we get little pieces  most episodes, and it is just too slow. Sometimes  like recently shaddo disappeared, then we see her taking care of slade, but that is it. so now they leave that hanging and bring in sarah, which leaves even less time for shado and slade, and to me that is not smart.
Were I running the show, I would have saved the canary sarah stuff for S-3 or 4.
And I wonder what the heck the Jap super serum is all about?
right now we dont know still what all the S-1 Island stuff was about, I mean maybe you could , but I dont have a clue why slade shaddo, her dad, and the other guys were on the Island.
I know at one point they were going to shoot down a plane but all of that was really meaningless to me.
the one thing I get from it is I see what or how ollie was changed and shaped, but it would be better if it all made sense.
Now about the trial, I thought mom should have been killed off in S-1 and any secrets she had were revealed or  it will seem wrong if they now try to make her look  all goody goody. the cast of this show is too big , which results in little screen time or real develoment for any of the characters.
I think this is why I like some of the cable shows , small casts, compressed seasons, so there is more meaningful stuff in each episode.
This is why Bates Motel was so good, it was all him and his mom so they really developed those 2 more than most shows would in several years , and they did it in 10 eps.Twisted Evil 
I still like Arrow, but ratings wise all this dragging stuff out and too many in the cast I think will hurt in over the course of this season, and then summer will be blamed! the nodding devil was supposed to go here lol
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013   Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 9:23 pm

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013   Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 9:42 pm

Have you seen ep 2x07 yet?
What the hell of a cliffhanger!!!! That was cool!!!
I already totally wondered how Moira could simply walk out of the court as a free woman and that this was very weak storywise, but then .... it totally made sense.
Obviously the jury was manipulated by Malcom Merlyn ...Shocked  and he's alive and well!!!!!!!!!
I initially had suspected him to have survived somehow, but meanwhile I accepted his death and was expecting his appearance only for some flashbacks.
So now they totally surprised me! Nice! Can't wait for more ...
I also like the island plot. But they should do a complete episode on the island soon to heaten things up and get more progress with this plot.
All in all, I can not share your concerns about the ep. It was good.
But Felicity should start to think before taking some action out in the field again. That was pretty careless considering that she knew she was dealing with that crazy "Count" and put not only her into big danger, but also Oliver when he had to save her ... But ok, they obviously did this mainly for the Olicity freaks Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013   Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:22 am

What the hell of a cliffhanger!!!! That was cool!!!...Yeah I was same as you, shocked that she was acquitted, and then merlin shows up LOL I guess we need to rewatch when he was killed and see if this makes sense?

Felicity should start to think before taking some action out in the field again yeah or she needs
to learn how to fight like the others? but as you say that was part of the plot, they had the smart girl be the dumb blonde?Embarassed 

I also like the island plot yeah he got back with shado and manu and took sarah, so that was good, I thought the ship thing was going to be a longer deal.
The bad guy there is just a little too ruthless?

I liked the episode, but they have so many things going on, it is hard to get into any "one" of them?
The thing is they just ended the moira storyline from S-1, which would allow them to focus on th other storylines, but now they bring back merlin and add a new moira storyline!!!!!!!!!!!
they have about 20 story lines going! That is too many.
As a result , I cant honestly say I am interested in any of them, as it is just small pieces here and there.
Now each episode has a story, and if it isnt interesting then all that is left is I like the characters or actors.
I am glad vertigo is dead ( or is he??) as he was boring.
I sent you a pm about a movie.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013   Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 1:39 am

Here's an extended opening scene of ep 2x08:

This shouldn't have been cut out, because it explains how The Count, who we last saw in season 1 as totally nuts because of Vertigo, went from the asylum to prison and why the guard with the keys to the cells got there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013   Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arrow Episode 2x07 "State v. Queen" November 20, 2013
Page 1 of 1