TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

tscc1000

The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere) Empty
PostSubject: The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere)   The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 8:54 am

The Expanse
Air Date: Monday, December 14, 2015
Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on Syfy
Episode Title: (#101) "Dulcinea"

Series Premiere

"Dulcinea"

In the asteroid belt near Saturn, James Holden and the crew of the ice freighter Canterbury investigate a distress call from a mysterious derelict ship, the Scopuli. On Ceres, Station, Detective Miller begins an off-the-books investigation of a missing heiress, Julie Mao.

Source: Syfy | TheFutonCritic

Last edited by tscc1000 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere)   The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 8:59 am

Promo pics for ep 1x01:

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere)   The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 9:03 am

Here's the official online pre-release of the complete pilot (Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea"):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvZeQD1Vf2s
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere)   The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 9:12 am

I really liked the pilot. Finally a series with some fine space scenes and nice space ships. The production quality looks great and already with the intro I was hooked ... can't wait for more!
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere)   The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 12:27 pm

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere)   The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 1:44 pm

ok thanks for the heads up on this tscc!
I had not heard of this.
I watched the pilot, and it was ok.
my review
I liked the end where they were attacked by unknown ship.
It didnt make sense though, why bait them there just to destroy them ??
could they not have done that anyway without the bait ??? lol I think they could.

Also why destroy that mining ship ? what purpose?

I dont really care for futuristic shows that are gloomy, and this one seems to be that.
The other strike for this show is the cast is lack luster, no charisma.
They got rid of mike early on, dont know if that is it with him.

I sort of liked the girl who got killed on the mining ship, so now shes gone.

but it is out in dec , so I will watch ep 2 and 3 and give it a shot, but not really expecting
to like it.
I dont like one (surviving lol) cast member, dont dislike any either, but not liking any says they
did not cast well.
They also did not develop any of them in the pilot.
But nothing on in dec early jan so it is on at a good time.

The alcon company is financing this to have worldwide dist. and if it is a hit they will do good,
but if it is a bust they lose big.
Based on books, some do well some dont, thing is all the book buyers are not nielsen
members, so it wont help with ratings much.
syfy ch has become known for bad syfy, so that hurts too.

But I will give it a chance.

"Dulcinea" what does that mean ??
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere)   The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 2:04 pm

T5000 wrote:
1) ok thanks for the heads up on this tscc!

2) "Dulcinea" what does that mean ??
1) No problem, you're welcome!

2) Hm, maybe it refers to the girl the officer is meant to find (which would be the one on the destroyed mining ship, but regarding the promos I'm pretty sure she's alive somehow).

But generally its a female name (after Dulcinea the ladylove of Don Quixote) and a noun (a ladylove; sweetheart), derived from Cervantes' master piece Don Quixote, a woman who is of such astounding beauty, phsycally and mentally, that those who truly fall in love with such a person become illuminated with quixotic ideals, therefore it seems also to be standing for a common Tv trope, The Dulcinea Effect.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere)   The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 10:22 pm

tscc1000 wrote:
T5000 wrote:
1) ok thanks for the heads up on this tscc!

2) "Dulcinea" what does that mean ??
1) No problem, you're welcome!

2) Hm, maybe it refers to the girl the officer is meant to find (which would be the one on the destroyed mining ship, but regarding the promos I'm pretty sure she's alive somehow).

But generally its a female name (after Dulcinea the ladylove of Don Quixote) and a noun (a ladylove; sweetheart), derived from Cervantes' master piece Don Quixote, a woman who is of such astounding beauty, phsycally and mentally, that those who truly fall in love with such a person become illuminated with quixotic ideals, therefore it seems also to be standing for a common Tv trope, The Dulcinea Effect.
Ok did not know any of that !
maybe it refers to the girl who was not in the episode, but we were shown her. sort of a black or dark woman.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere)   The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Expanse - Episode 1x01 "Dulcinea" (Series Premiere)
Page 1 of 1