TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Survivoe 31 episode 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivoe 31 episode 4   Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:05 pm

Ez wrote:
Just saw it, kinda behind this week with school and all, Pretty good ep, sorry about Terry but he made the right choice, family will always come first. Poor Woo is right, If they aren't careful, Spencer is gonna slide right past them to the end.

Well really he had no choice, if he had said no I am staying, he would have looked like the biggest jerk ever.
I find it odd they didnt know the kid had a bad heart before he left ??
And also odd a kid would need a heart , which suggests some sort of defect from birth.

About woo, he is too nice to do good in this game.
And he isnt good at strategy.

But in previews merge is next week, so woo came that close to the jury.
If I was on the main thing would be to make the jury, then if I do that try to win, but go all out for the jury.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivoe 31 episode 4   Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:31 pm

Just saw it, kinda behind this week with school and all, Pretty good ep, sorry about Terry but he made the right choice, family will always come first. Poor Woo is right, If they aren't careful, Spencer is gonna slide right past them to the end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Episode 31x06   Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:35 pm

Ok good ep, kass is starting to make trouble lol, and sierra didnt like her being the dummy vote lol!

Savage misread her bad on that.

Poor woo more switchups than he could handle, and he isnt good at bonding I guess.

About terry and his kid, that was in those spoilers that I read, so I guess they were accurate!
They also said the guy veritas? was to go early and he did.
I quit reading good thing.

I need to watch it again, missed some parts.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivoe 31 episode 4   Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:04 pm

Ez wrote:
I dont think he meant to miss his target, as dor rhe challenge, I dont think you had to hit a bullseye, just hit it. Also, a big piece of Survivor is luck, Stephan did make it to the tribe shuffel, which saved him, same for Spencer, as long as you make it one more day you are doing good. Boston Rob played probably the best game ever in Redemption Island, but he was lucky by not being picked on Russells tribe or he would have never made it that far.
Ok agree, but on the bullseye I know that, but my point was they would show the bag going toward side of target, then a cut to it hitting in the center which means they are not showing the actual hit. or what actually happened.
I did some screen caps which I may post, but on stephen, he aimed right at the yellow and no one is that stupid to aim like he did.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivoe 31 episode 4   Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:56 pm

I dont think he meant to miss his target, as dor rhe challenge, I dont think you had to hit a bullseye, just hit it. Also, a big piece of Survivor is luck, Stephan did make it to the tribe shuffel, which saved him, same for Spencer, as long as you make it one more day you are doing good. Boston Rob played probably the best game ever in Redemption Island, but he was lucky by not being picked on Russells tribe or he would have never made it that far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivoe 31 episode 4   Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:14 pm

I dont know if you record these shows, but if you do go back and look closely at the slingshot chal.
Stephen aimed it right at the yellow targets, so was that intentional and fake?

Also i used frame by frame, and some of the other hits are just plain off and I have to say fake.

Like on one it is clearly going to far right side, so if it hits it should be over by the edge.
Then there is a cut to it hitting right in the middle !! bullseye, which is just bull shit.
Another one went over top of target then cut and bullseye !!!

I noticed it due to I thought well that missed, then cut to bullseye !!!

Now another thing is these are all veteran players, and wouldnt you wonder why no one is playing a idol?>
or wonder why no clues, or if someone has it? Be looking in bags etc.
Maybe that stuff is not in the edit.

I think with kimmy it was personal, she just used that as a excuse.
And stephen was saved by the split , nothing he did that was clever.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivoe 31 episode 4   Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:50 am

3 Q's with Jeff Probst:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What’s your take on Kimmi mobilizing to get rid of Monica? Was that done out of genuine concern of Monica flipping, or was it more of a personal beef that Kimmi had so she used the female alliance comment as an excuse to get rid of someone she just didn’t like?
JEFF PROBST: I was really impressed to see Kimmi light up like that. I really was starting to wonder about her drive. But that convinced me, she is definitely here to play. She’s jut been playing a nice quiet game … until things aren’t going as she wants them to, then BAM! That was a big move. It sent a big signal. Nobody is safe and if you say the smallest wrong thing, the game can turn very fast.

As for her true motivation, I don’t know. These players are very sophisticated. I’m choosing to believe that she really did sense a potential longterm problem with Monica. And it wouldn’t surprise me if Monica was just tossing an idea out without really thinking it through or necessarily intending to do it. But Kimmi took it and ran. Man, Survivor is so hard. It’s like the movie Body Heat where Mickey Rourke (who is in prison) is explaining to William Hurt (who is his lawyer) why he should not commit the crime he is considering: Any time you try a decent crime, you got 50 ways you’re gonna mess it up. If you think of 25 of them, then you’re a genius … and you ain’t no genius. It’s the same on Survivor — there are 50 ways to screw up any given situation in the game and even if you’re a genius, you’ll only come up with 25.

Woo shares a very emotional story about his mother needing a heart transplant and naturally Abi thinks he is using it as a strategic move. Is that really the essence of daily life in Survivor, where everything anyone says — even real life tales that seemingly have nothing to do with gameplay — are scrutinized as having ulterior motives?
I think each situation is highly influenced by the person telling the story and the person/s hearing the story. Personally, I don’t believe Woo was manipulating. I think he was feeling some emotion, maybe thinking about home, and he just started to share. But even if he was, it was putting on a bit of sauce to try and gain some sympathy — I think it was overshadowed by the true emotion and connection to his mom that came through. That’s hard to fake.

But then, that’s how I see people. I generally see the good and believe they’re being honest. So maybe that makes me a good target to get blindsided on Survivor. Abi sees the world very differently and so she was alarmed and offended. And I think equally important in that scene was the fact that Abi saw someone getting sympathy and she wanted some of that attention as well. Overall, I think the truly smart players are very good and noticing nuance and how a story can impact the group. If Woo starts to get momentum in the game and some people start to think he’s more deserving because of his family situation, then the good players have to take that into consideration. Maybe they have to vote him out before the end.

But where I think a lot of players screw up is by making a big general assumption and conclusion as opposed to truly assessing the impact. The real impact. Did it make a lasting impression or is it fleeting. Because I’m on an airplane and have some time, let me pontificate a bit more. Here’s a different example: The Savage story about meeting his wife could work in reverse. Here is a guy who was genuinely sharing, in a vulnerable moment, how much he loved his wife. He wasn’t intending to brag, but to others who maybe don’t have that kind of love affair, they might hear it and resent it and equate it to the same thing as having millions of dollars in the bank. And in that case it could work against Savage even though his intention was to create bonds through sharing. That’s why this game is tough to play. It’s almost impossible to play a perfect game.

Take us through that immunity challenge. Was there any scenario where you envisioned someone like Stephen Fishbach hitting ANOTHER TEAM’S target?
Nope. Not even for a moment. We rehearsed that several times and it never even came close to happening. In fact, you have to aim so far off that it would almost seem purposeful. Which I know it wasn’t. But here’s what’s really interesting. During the walk-through, Stephen asked me, “What happens if I hit the other tribe’s target?” Crazy, right? He was already seeing it happen. He put the thought in his mind. It blew me away that ten minutes later he HIT THE OTHER TRIBE’S TARGET! The mind can’t differentiate — he envisioned hitting the target and that’s what he did. Vision fulfilled. That’s why you never want to say, “I hope I don’t throw it over his head,” but instead say, “Just a nice straight toss right into his glove.”
Hit us up with a preview for next week, sir!
Oh, man, there is so much. I don’t want to give much away. Major emotion. Major reversal. And a lot of gross stuff to eat. How’s that? Great questions!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivoe 31 episode 4   Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:49 pm

Yea, I am surprised about Terry, but he is a strong player and they don't need him, they may try to throw the next challenge to get him out. I son't think the yellow tribe has enough energy to look for an idol, plus, would you Abi would probably get nervous and try to vote you out. I was glad Monica left, I like both Spencer and Kelly, didn't want either to leave. I think Stephen deserves a round of applause as well, he started out as public enemy number one, he was the reason his tribe lost the challenge, and no one even mentioned voting him out, even though he is the weakest on the tribe. Good episode, next week looks good too. I think they may stay as 3 tribes until the merge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: EP 3105   Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:11 pm

Well yellow tribe finally won so no tribal.
you could be right about abi, tasha doesnt care for her, and she is not trustable.

Monica was shocked and pissed off lol.
looks like terry will be voted off if his tribe loses anytime soon.

he goes to get fish for them and they talk about voting him off .
yellow tribe none of them looking for idol lol.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivoe 31 episode 4   Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:00 am

Ez wrote:
T5000 wrote:
Well if they lose again they are all screwed?  And I would have to wonder about savage, his tribe always loses imm chal.

They may not be screwed, another merge could save them, if they get back with some of their old alliance

Well the longer they are away, the weaker their old alliance is , and there are some weak ones too., so people may like
their new ones better.
When you are a small tribe like these, and you lose 2 in a row, that is bad.
the funny thing is abi is all happy like she is doing good, but as soon as they do merge she is in trouble.
Only terry and maybe savage will help her.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivoe 31 episode 4   Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:34 am

T5000 wrote:
Well if they lose again they are all screwed?  And I would have to wonder about savage, his tribe always loses imm chal.

They may not be screwed, another merge could save them, if they get back with some of their old alliance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivoe 31 episode 4   Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:58 pm

Well if they lose again they are all screwed? And I would have to wonder about savage, his tribe always loses imm chal.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivoe 31 episode 4   Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:21 pm

If Abi makes the merge, someone will take her to the end, of they lose again, she will be next gone. Savage and Tasha are already over her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivoe 31 episode 4   Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:44 pm

yeah it was good , I thought woo would get voted off so was surprised.
I also thougt it was odd the tribe that got the good meal had nothing in that imm challenge.
They could have had another hour and not finished the puzzle!
They went nowhere on putting it together, tired or just stupid?
they were all tired on all 3 teams.

no telling about abi, people will see her as a good one to take to the end.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivoe 31 episode 4   Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:37 am

3 Q's with Jeff Probst:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: So we’re back to two challenges for the first time this season, and what challenges they were. Let’s start with the reward challenge. What I found fascinating about this one is it really doesn’t appear too difficult. Just run out in the water, grab some sand bags and run back. What’s the big deal? But that certainly was not the case, was it?
JEFF PROBST: I’m so happy you mentioned this as this challenge prompted one of our most debated decisions — whether to have them run two or three legs. When our Dream Team tested it, it thoroughly exhausted them. Completely. And our Dream Team is composed of 20-somethings who are typically pretty fit. There was concern that three legs might be too tough for some of the contestants to complete. But after testing it with only two legs it was clear that if we fell short and it was too easy — it would not work. So we committed to three legs and it worked out really well. There was no hyperbole around that challenge – they were spent. That was a bona fide ass-kicker. I was particularly pleased that two of three [Savage and Deitz] were over 50 years old. It was a pretty impressive display of will power and hopefully some motivation to other guys their age to get up off the couch and get back in shape!

So many questions about this immunity challenge. You know how much I love the blindfold challenges, because I am a terrible person and love to watch people star in their very own America’s Funniest Home Video. Okay, here’s what I’d like to know: 1.) Who got the worst of it with all those collisions? 2.) Did medical have to look at anyone after to make sure they were okay due to either collisions or heat exhaustion/dehydration? 3.) As you look at doing a challenge like this again, are you worried that the pieces were maybe a bit too big and heavy and likely to cause injury and would you consider making them bring back smaller, lighter objects next time. And, 4.) Have you ever seen a tribe just basically stop like Angkor did because they were too sapped of energy to continue? Feel free to answer on a point-by-point basis.
Okay.

1.) If I am remembering correctly, Spencer took two shots to the shin on two different occasions, Tasha took a big one on the back of her leg, and Varner dropped a piece on his big toe while solving the puzzle.

2.) Medical checks everybody after a challenge just to make sure they’re okay. But nobody in particular was in truly bad shape. I think Varner had the most lasting effect with the toe shot.

3.) I was definitely on edge during the rehearsals and the actual running of the challenge. It’s really hard for me to let them race around “blind” knowing they could be injured, but much like the earlier challenge, if you make it light and fun you don’t have the same result. There has never been a challenge in which we were 100 percent certain that it was perfect. We are always experimenting and testing trying to find the perfect balance. I’d be inclined to do this challenge again and maybe ask the challenge guys to design something less square!

4.) Never seen a tribe so depleted. In fact, I didn’t realize how tired they were until I started questioning them about giving up. But I believed them when they said they were simply out of energy. I could see it and I could feel it. They simply had nothing. To give you a bit more perspective, I think the challenge took well over an hour and even I was completely drenched and torched. All I was doing was running around yelling and I had nothing left. I drank three bottles of water, got on my boat and fell asleep for a twenty minute nap. And remember, I was heading back to base camp where I could eat some lunch and find some shade to cool off in! But this is why so many people want this experience. It’s the real deal. You are tested.

Wow. I love the fight in both Woo and Varner to stay alive at Tribal Council. None of it was done in a malicious way; they were both just so desperate to stay and refused to raise the white flag. Talk about being there and watching these two go at it.
Woo really surprised and impressed me here. I wasn’t sure he had that in him. Nearly every Tribal this season was a roller coaster of emotions — and a majority of the time I truly didn’t know which way they were heading as they went up to vote. That was the case in this episode. Woo is really waking up and starting to PLAY Survivor. Playing Survivor is different from simply being a contestant and a “loyal vote.” Woo is showing that he is sincere in his desire to change and learn how to play the strategy part of this game. I loved seeing him go back for one more shot before he went to vote. THAT IS HOW YOU DO IT. Future players are you watching?

I often say to the players that Survivor is such a fickle game that often if you survive the right Tribal Council you can make it to the end. The problem is you never know which Tribal is the one that gets you over the hump so you have to fight every week to make sure it’s not you. That’s what Woo did. He didn’t just “check in” — he made a big time plea. Varner on the other hand is a veteran at this. He’s one of the best at this game. He’s a very quick study, has a super sharp tongue, and can talk himself in and out of situations as well as anybody in the game. It’s easy to backseat drive on Varner’s game play, but my take is that he played “balls to the wall” from day one. That is a great approach to this game if you want to win. This time he didn’t win… and so people will say “you were too much this… and too much that…” but if Varner played again I’d still list him as a favorite. He just didn’t have the Survivor gods on his side this time.

These first four episodes have been insanely good. What happens when this train keeps rolling next week?
Next week has a lot going on. What really stands out for me is watching Spencer continue to grow as a young person and watching Abi continue to self-destruct. She will have a lot of people shaking their heads in disbelief.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ez

PostSubject: Survivoe 31 episode 4   Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:36 am

Wow, this has been a really good season so far. I am disappointed Jeff left, but I think Abi just slit her own throat in the process. If they lose again next week, I think they vote her out, not Woo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivoe 31 episode 4   

Back to top Go down

Survivoe 31 episode 4
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1