TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Revolution Season 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
T5000
Admin
T5000

Revolution Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 12:50 am

Ep 3 Oct 9th
Ok just saw this and it was full of surprises.
they knew who Neville was,and are going to use him anyway.
They paid the outlaws to harass the city, then step in to save it.
So the patriots are setting themselves up to be heroes, but they are better than the current situation.
I wonder where they get their supplies, and who they are really.

I see also they have converted monroe to a good guy now , even though charlie isnt buying it, she gave up on killing him.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 12:51 am

Episode 2x04 oct 16th

I liked this one, Neville is pulling his moves again.
More is revealed with the nanites, who have bonded with the guy with glasses .
Rachel almost gets killed by ken/ellison. so he is out of this show now.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 8:36 pm

Revolution surprisingly is really better in season two with quite good tension.
I also like Elizabeth Mitchell and "Gus".
But now that it's getting actually interesting, the ratings are dropping ... Sad 
And yes, sadly "agent Ellison" again had a rather short-lived guest role like in Nikita. I hope he'll return at least to H50 for a few eps.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 8:46 pm

T5000 wrote:
So the patriots are setting themselves up to be heroes, but they are better than the current situation.
No, I don't think they are. They are responsible for the blackout, they dropped two nukes on two major cities and they are murderers and violent, killing and deceiving people just like they want without showing any conscience. Using the U.S. flag and calling themselves "patriots" doesn't change the fact, that they are just a bunch of criminals.
It's like Miles said, every occupant needs a resistance ...
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:48 am

tscc1000 wrote:
T5000 wrote:
No, I don't think they are. They are responsible for the blackout, they dropped two nukes on two major cities and they are murderers and violent, killing and deceiving people just like they want without showing any conscience. Using the U.S. flag and calling themselves "patriots" doesn't change the fact, that they are just a bunch of criminals.
It's like Miles said, every occupant needs a resistance ...
1.They are responsible for the blackout..... we dont know this for sure, it has not been implied but not admitted
2.they dropped two nukes on two major cities.....we dont know this for sure, it has been implied but not admitted
3.they are murderers and violent, killing and deceiving people......true, but mostly killing the bad people or threats to them.
4.they are just a bunch of criminals...... sort of, they are trying to be the next ruling power
5.In a land like this with no ruling power, it would be chaos with the strong preying on the weak.
Not a good or safe place to live so these people even though despicable in some ways could offer order and protection.
Also organization is needed with no paower the thing to do is re-establish a society, based on early 1900's society's.
6.A good question is what happened to the real US govt and the real army,navy etc.??

(5.) For example you could have steam cars and railroads, still have hospitals and many other things without electricity.

Now about the patriots, sure they are not Walt disney good guys, but is our present govt ?? I think not.
do I approve of their methods? no .
All ( big majority) the people are killers and to some degree criminals in this show.
Monroe and his regime were bad, and I think there are no good large groups, except maybe the one shown in S-1 that monroe pretty much wiped out.

Poor Ellison, they wrote him out in a creepy way?
He was really creepy when he was going to kill her and bury her in the basement.

Now when I initially said they were better, I did not know they had paid the bad group to harrass the town and kill some of them.
so I reserve judgement till I know more about them.
And at end of S-1 someone was the president in shadows, and someone said it is time mr president, so was that president the leader of these patriots,? or another group?

I also like that the JF guy has nanite bond and sees thru them, I guess they like him lol and he is one of the few really good people.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 1:46 am

Ok saw ep 5 I think,oct 23rd, and had to deal with the typical miles & monroe union, with miles wanting to kill monroe not even wondering why charlie came back with him lol.
some backstory on JF guy....Aaron ! and him wanting to leave, which was little lame , he already did that once to the other girl!! lol.
And now it turns out the patriot woman isnt as bad as the rest, and gets shot.
then having monroe kill the ranger, just sort of ruins his character after making him ok again, which is sloppy writing here too!!
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 4:50 am

Revolution ep 2x06 and 7

6 was ok, we find out her dad is working with the patriots.
and Monroe wasnt really killed.

then in ep 7 Nannite man burns some more patriots, but now they are on to him and want to study him! LOL not good for him. They figure out about her dad , and then ol gustave  turns on the woman at the end.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:41 pm

Episode 2x08

Now that creepy patriot guy got his hands on Aaron and wants to find out how he "works", because he needs him to cure his brain tumor.
The preview for next ep 2x09 indicates that things get ugly ...
Also "Gus" aka Tom Neville is really a disgusting character.
But after all, I'm still surprised how I like season 2. No doubt that it builds up easily enough suspense to keep me watching.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 6:10 am

tscc1000 wrote:
Episode 2x08

Now that creepy patriot guy got his hands on Aaron and wants to find out how he "works", because he needs him to cure his brain tumor.
The preview for next ep 2x09 indicates that things get ugly ...
Also "Gus" aka Tom Neville is really a disgusting character.
But after all, I'm still surprised how I like season 2. No doubt that it builds up easily enough suspense to keep me watching.
Well you made another post!
Yeah Gus is still gus? just when you start to like him he does something unlikable again!
Same thing for Monroe.
But the whole Arron thing is keeping it interesting, and the next ep looks like a good one, they said it is the mid season finale
and that answers will be in the ep.
I just watched 2x08 tonight.18.11.2013
You know john wirth from Tscc took over this show as the show runner? I think that is what I read few weeks back.
Because of the premise and how they started it, this is not a easy show to do and keep it interesting.
I think they should have turned gus and especially monroe into good guys, and then create some new bad guys that they can kill off whenever they need to.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 9:47 pm

Episode 2x09 (mid-season finale)

Wow, nice surprise. The nano-tech is already some kind of AI and Aaron just messed up ... he "doesn't make sense" for the AI.
And the AI is quite right. When his girlfriend got deadly shot, instead of asking the AI to save her immediately, he's just out for revenge and lets the AI "burn them all". He crossed the line now. Obviously the AI has some kind of own will.
So as a resume for the second season so far, I'd say it has improved a lot compared to season 1.
I definitely will keep watching after the hiatus.

Revolution Revealed: Episode 9

https://youtu.be/tvybf5KASII
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 2:50 am

yeah  for a computer guy who had his own company, he is awful dumb!
He had a super powered friend who could be the ultimate protector and weapon and he just wanted it to leave him alone!
then 5 min later he needs it and his GF is shot and he messed up again.
To be honest the arron nanite thing was the interesting thing in the show and they now wrote that out. or so it seems.
Another thing he could have done is have the nantes cure the bad guy and then tell the bad guy to go away or be burned.

Then he could have asked for a cheeseburger and french fries, I dont know if they could make that , but it would be kool if they could !LOL
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:32 pm

Ep 2x10 was good. As you said, Tom Neville is always evil Gus.
And Monroe wants back the Monroe Republic for his son?? Seriously?? No chance imho.
As an interesting side note ... now the Mexicans try to keep away the U.S. citizens and it's the Americans who desperately try to get a job in Mexico ... But not much progress on the nanite front with Aron.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 7:21 am

Yeah they are also turning nevilles wife into a gold digging power hungry bitch?? LOL
but the ep was good, I was surprised that the kid was monroes son, funny when miles said thats him,
like dont kill him , thats is your kid!
and yeah I didnt pick up on the reversal at mex border.
S-2 the show changed direction, and characters have changed, and it is better, not sure how it is doing in ratings.
I was thinking this show might be a good lead in for grim on fridays.
better that than cancel it. I hope it does not get real interesting and then S-3 never happens with no ending!.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 1:39 pm

ok arron makes contact with the AI again next ep, Neville and his wife get outsmarted and caught!
And the patriots are selective killing with disease! that isnt nice! lol
Anyway in a way I hope it gets a S-3 as After a not so likable S-1, S-2 has been better since john wirth took over.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 6:53 am

ep 214 feb 26
PostSubject: Revolution.S02E14 feb 26 Today at 6:52 am
This was good ep, the truth comes out on the guy sent to kill monroe, and then the one guy trys to kill the nanites. I wonder if they are dropping that storyline? I sort of liked it.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 7:44 am

'Revolution', 'Growing Up Fisher', 'Believe', 'Crisis' & 'Community' Canceled by NBC

Crap!! .... Now that in season 2 it was quite entertaining ... no chance, that there could be a satisfying end now ... especially the nanite story could have become really interesting now that they figured out the human nature as the core problem ...
Another series on my list without any kind of conclusion.  Sad 

Actually I have to admit, that The CW did really well to give us the final 6 Nikita eps .... yep gave it a ending!
BTW, they have renewed Beauty and the Beast  Shocked ............wow that is a surprise!
But also The 100, which is cool, because meanwhile I really like that show!!!.... yeah it is a ok show

I liked believe, but it was poorly made, it needed more work before airing it. I knew from show 3 it would be canceled.
Revolution is at times interesting, and then at times it isnt.
The nannite aspect was the best part of the show, but they should have had that early on.
This show had a audience but lost it over time.
I think the nuke plot at end of S-1 really hurt the show.
you may just have to imagine your own ending for this show, I wont miss it that much.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 7:37 am

Yea, bummed about Revolution, I like the 100 a lot too!
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 3:09 pm

this is why we monitor the ratings here ez, it help me to know which shows wont make it and which ones will, so you kinda already know.
I am surprised though about B&B the ratings for that have always been bad, they much be going for enough shows to syndicate it.

Cable shows are better in that they tend to end them, and they run longer, and they run all in a row, no off and on airing which really hurts network shows.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 9:45 pm

Yea, Revolution took way too many (and Long) hiatuses, it killed any momentum they had built.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 12:47 am

Ez wrote:
Yea, Revolution took way too many (and Long) hiatuses, it killed any momentum they had built.
Well they probably knew they were going to cancel it , so over did that but they all have too many (and Long) hiatuses.

The show did good on mondays in the later time period, then they moved it to tue at 7pm central, and it did not do well there, but it did as good as grim.
I think the show cost was high, the woman from lost got a big salary,.
It was a bubble show not doing great but not doing real bad either.
From what I have read if they give a show a 3rd season the have to commit to a 4th and go for syndication.
They felt this show was not worth that for many reasons we will never know.
I liked the nanite part and wanted to see that develop, but they were going very slow with that.
I have my doubts on if I would have liked what they did.
I know this last show they treat the nanite creature so bad and are scared of and repulsed by it, but they should be friendly as it could really help them alot.
I mean aaron had a great ally and he pretty much blew it.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 12:49 am

I am going to put this in the discontinued forums, , but it will still be active.
I will wait a few days to do that .
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 3:09 pm

Well, it just felt like a season finale, not a series, rumor has it that they are shopping the show to other networks since NBC doesn't own the rights to it, hopefully they can get picked up, preferably on Cable, where it seems shows are given a better chance, I would like to see a conclusion to the story.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 7:47 am

We;; that rarely works, but I wish them luck.
It wasnt a cliffhanger so it is a ok series finale
they tied up all the stories except the nano one.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 7:30 pm

I was glad they did not kill any more like miles or monroe.
But I fuess if they are trying to shop it around best to not do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Season 2   Revolution Season 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revolution Season 2
Page 1 of 1