TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

tscc1000

Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate" Empty
PostSubject: Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate"   Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate" Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 8:38 am

Season: 3 | Episode: 7 | Original Air Date: May 30, 2015

Alison must secure a store front in order to take her and Donnie’s business to the “next level.” But things don’t go according to plan when her mother, Connie, proves to be a major hindrance. Cosima is facing familiar health issues and calls upon beleaguered Alison for a favor. But with Alison working to save an imperiled Donnie from the merciless hands of a drug lord, it’s Cosima who ends up doing a favor. An unassuming Scott gets closer to the greatest discovery of all, when he sits down with beleaguered clone Rachel.

Source: BBC America
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate"   Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate" Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 8:40 am

Promo pics for ep 3x07:

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate"   Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate" Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 8:44 am

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate"   Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate" Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 2:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate"   Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate" Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 10:58 am

Another pretty good episode, I really like when they have to dress up and play other clones, Cosima as Allison was great. I loved the Helena and Mrs. S interactions. Lol at Rachel wanting to play a "board game".
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate"   Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate" Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 11:00 am

[SPOILER ALERT: Read on only if you have already watched Saturday’s episode of Orphan Black, “Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate.”]

Holy freaking Christmascakes. How do you follow up on an Orphan Black episode that was filled with so many emotional twists and turns (and one very big character death) that you’re still not over it? In the words of Singin’ in the Rain, “make ‘em laugh.” Orphan Black co-creator John Fawcett broke down tonight’s clone-switcharoo, the reveal of Alison’s mother (Sheila McCarthy), and more.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: First of all, thanks for giving us a lighter hour after that gut punch last week. It was much needed after I cried my eyes out.
JOHN FAWCETT: Yeah…you cried a little bit.

Just a little bit. But in many ways, this felt a little like an old school Orphan Black episode, right down to the humor and clone switches and Felix doing what he does best—improvising.
I think it was important for us, knowing how big and emotional episode six was going to be. A lot of our story in season 3 was sort of pushing towards this climax that we wanted to occur, an end of a chapter at the end of episode six. We kind of wanted to just give the audience a breather and change the mood, and really kind of have a chance to be a little bit light and let people laugh…and not have an episode that’s really heavy in story and conspiracy.

Every clone has a different personality, but Cosima and Alison are so fundamentally different that it was fun to see them switch like this. Because Cosima definitely is not on Alison’s level when it comes to knowing how to be a suburban mom.
It’s a fun aspect. That was a little clone switcheroo that we always kind of had in mind, that we wanted to see, that we knew we hadn’t done before. We felt there was a lot of fun and interest to be mined there, because the two girls are so different from each other.

And getting to meet Alison’s mother was a trip. She’s pretty much exactly what we would imagine her mother to be, and it really helped give us some insight into why Alison is the way she is. Her introduction pushed Alison more into the spotlight that way.
I think it was important. We always kind of had intended at some point to show someone’s parents, to show Cosima’s parents or Alison’s mother, because these family connections are important to the show. And I think that Alison’s mom just became, from the beginning of our planning in season 3… we really wanted to see someone’s parents. And so who was it going to be? And it kind of worked out that it was going to be Alison’s mom, because it just fit into our story trajectory for Alison and Donnie so well in regards to the soap store and towards just wanting to get a better sense of who Alison was, and the history of Alison and Donnie to some degree.

We also got the reveal of Donnie’s full name—Donald Francis Chubbs. I think fans will love that.
[laughs] I hope so!

But going back to what you were saying about the story trajectory, Alison standing up to her mother and having that moment where she drops the reveal of her being a clone was so great. And I couldn’t help but think that’s far from the Alison we would’ve seen in season 1, or even season 2. Her journey has been one of the most rewarding ones to watch.
I mean, taking a stand against her mother has always been extremely complicated for Alison. I think that it’s good to sort of have the feeling that her mother’s always expected so much from her, and Alison’s always felt she doesn’t live up to her mother’s expectations…it’s not an uncommon story. But it’s interesting seeing it played here with this particular character, and see where Alison takes it to. This outcome of revealing Cosima to her mother is a way to kind of get her mother to pull her head out of her ass. And it just kind of doesn’t happen. At the end of the day, her mother’s head is where her mother’s head is, and Alison’s never going to be able to change that. And I think that’s kind of what this all comes to: that Allison just realizes that she can’t change her mother. And it’s kind of like a weird coming to terms with herself and with her mother by the end of the episode, and you feel like maybe Alison will be a little more at peace with her mother, to some degree. Because when you’re not like fighting against someone as much, you wind up having a more peaceful relationship. There’s this other aspect of it, which is important thematically…which is you can’t choose your family.

Speaking of family, the scene between Helena and Ms. S. was incredibly well done. It was a smaller moment in the episode, but seeing the two of them come together in that confrontation felt like a big payoff.
It was kind of a fun way to do something emotional. We really wanted Helena to deal with her feelings of betrayal. We just knew we had to do something to kind of still the waters to some degree, but also let Helena be real about the fact that she’s dealing with these feelings of betrayal. She’s sort of dealt with it with Sarah, and now, the real betrayer has walked in the door for her. And where is this all going? And so we always joked and laughed about the idea. We wanted Helena and Mrs. S to just fight it out. It was gonna turn into a fist fight in a bar. [laughs] And we kind of liked that idea! The bigger, goofier version of it was we were going to have people in a big circle, betting money…it was gonna be more like Fight Club, right? But then we were talking to Maria about it and she was like “I can’t punch the girl! She’s pregnant! I can’t actually hit her!” But we loved the idea that it actually would come to blows and we kind of went with this idea, which is a smaller idea, a little less silly but really kind of ends in some strong emotions. And hopefully people believe us that we can move from here.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate"   Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 9:16 am

Ez wrote:
Another pretty good episode, I really like when they have to dress up and play other clones, Cosima as Allison was great. I loved the Helena and Mrs. S interactions. Lol at Rachel wanting to play a "board game".
I agree. "Soccer mom" Allison is alway good for funny and chaotic situations. Wink
Also it was necessary to have a funnier and "lighter" ep after the tough one with Paul's death last week ...

Edit: Nice interview, Ez. It exactly confirms what I thought about having needed a lighter ep after the drama last week.

Last edited by tscc1000 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate"   Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 9:25 am

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate"   Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate" Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 6:34 pm

What do you guys thnk about the time spent with the cosima gay GF scenes ??
I find them boring so just FF thru them.
cosima and her hairdo has always been the least interesting.
This ep was ok and lighter, but rachel was not really wanting to play a board game.
They are deciphering the notes.
I still think the writing went downhill in S-2 and this season lacks clear goals of both the good guys and the bad guys.
And As far as I see the bad guys are the male clones and their mom.
And they are rather boring and not sure who they work for and why they dont want to work with the girls.
I just get the feeling the writers are just making stuff up as they go for cheap twists and surprises.

S-1 was just so much better.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate"   Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate" Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 8:22 pm

T5000 wrote:
1) What do you guys thnk about the time spent with the cosima gay GF scenes ??
I find them boring so just FF thru them.
2) I still think the writing went downhill in S-2  and this season lacks clear goals of both the good guys and the bad guys.
And As far as I see the bad guys are the male clones  and their mom.
And they are rather boring and not sure  who they work for and why they dont want to work with the girls.
I just get the feeling the writers are just making stuff up as they go for cheap twists and surprises.

S-1 was just so much better.
1) I really liked Ksenia Solo in Lost Girl. Her character was the highlight there and made the show at least for two and a half seasons watchable for me.
But to be honest, so far she seems kind of wasted in Orphan Black. Shay probably will turn out to be working for the military or Dyad, so this looks pretty predictable.
As for the gay scenes ... what can I say ... after watching TV shows for some years now, I try to just not care anymore about the more and more annoying obviously lecturing messages of political correctness, which get shoved down our throats in almost every damn TV show or movie ...
I mean, these days every showrunner has to write in at least one (or better more) gay couple(s), otherwise he already might be suspected of being reactionary or even homophobic. I'm surely exaggerating, but watching TV and movies these days one might get the impression that half of the population is gay (what is completely far from what I experience in real life), ... and the mission is to spread the word to every last intolerant redneck ... Wink

2) Here I simply don't agree. I pretty much like, what is going on in S3, and it makes more than enough sense to me. Eps 3x05 and 3x06 even were some of the best of the whole series imho. Actually, as much as I loved it too, S1 fealt rather more confusing most of the time considering the background story.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate"   Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate" Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 10:36 pm

I know Rachel didn't want to play a board game, I just thought it was funny because it is not something you would think she would say. I agree with Tscc, I have really liked this season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate"   Orphan Black S03E07 "Community of Dreadful Fear and Hate" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1