TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ez

Ez

GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome" Empty
PostSubject: GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome"   GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome" Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 9:47 am

"Arya makes progress in her training. Sansa confronts an old friend. Cersei struggles. Jon travels."
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome"   GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome" Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 9:20 pm

Promo pics for ep 5x08:

Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome"   GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 5:18 am

That was awesome, we know that Valyrian steel will kill White Walkers now, Tyrion and Dany were great together, and Sansa learned the truth about Bran and Rickon. Cersei's prison scenes were cool too.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome"   GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Spoilers if you haven't seen the episode.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome"   GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 3:06 pm

FINALLY!!!!! THE WHITE WALKERS!!!
Unbelievable, but this battle against the White Walkers (or should we call it better the White Walkers' massacre of the Wildlings?) definitely saved season 5. Imho it was probably the best sequence of GoT ever, because it became impressingly clear, that all that fighting for the Iron Throne and the evilness we have seen so far just looks like kindergarden compared to the threat of the White Walkers.
There's just one problem ... it was only ep 5x08! How are they keeping this tension and excitement up for the last two eps? ;-)
I mean, compared to this battle, who cares for Cersei's supposed "Walk of Shame" (there was a spoiler floating around from the filming already months ago)? And instead of a big battle between the Boltons and Stannis we might get some raid by Ramsay with 20 men ... but well, hopefully they manage to surprise us again ...

PS: You know what's funny? GoT totally feels like a Deja Vu to Vikings. Do you remember Vikings 3x08 "To the Gates"? Vikings season 3 also consisted only of 10 eps and yet they were delivering slow pace and weird choices of plot priorities. But then suddenly almost out of the blue they delivered a nearly perfect and absolutely exciting battle ep, the attack on Paris. It more or less made up for all the flaws of season 3 and instead of maybe dropping the show I again look forward to the next season 4.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome"   GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 3:08 pm

Ez wrote:
... Tyrion and Dany were great together, ...

Well, if it's me, Peter Dinklage deserves an Emmy or something like that for his playing Tyrion. No wonder that he's the darling of the viewers ...
When I was watching the ep, I was indeed very fond of this "job interview" too as a fine start into the ep (after the more disappointing last two eps not to be taken for granted).
Then they switched to Arya and her weird "Many-faced God" plot and after that to Ramsay ... and I was already getting kind of nerved, but finally ... Hardhome totally saved it ... ;-)
BTW, with the Hardhome White Walker battle they left the books behind, didn't they?
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome"   GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 3:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome"   GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 7:59 pm

Hardhome is mentioned, but we don't see the battle there, you just know it was a massacre, the show will be completely caught up with the books by the end of the season, there is one cliff hanger I hope they give a resolution for, mainly because I am sick of waiting to see what happened lol, I expect the next book to come out before next season starts( I hope anyway, it's been 5 years since the last book came out)
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome"   GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 8:00 pm

And yes, This was by far the best ep of the season, it is in my Top 5 for all time in the series.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome"   GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 6:25 pm

Well, for the first time this season I actually got excited for the next eps, so I did some reading.
Here's something about Birgitte Hjort Sorensen's Karsi, who seems to have left quite some impression ...

'Game of Thrones': Fan-favorite Birgitte Hjort Sorensen isn't 'done'

Curtain Call: Birgitte Hjort Sørensen

Birgitte Hjort Sørensen talks playing Karsi and filming the Massacre at Hardhome

To be honest, I still don't quite get it, why she didn't fight the Walker kids ... yeah, well, she was a mother and she even might have known the kids, but it should have been absolutely clear, that those Walker kids had nothing in common with the former human kids anymore. And shouldn't she at least have tried to stay alive for her own kids, especially now that she had seen, what terrible threat the White Walkers turned out to be? Ok, I just blame the writers for that ...
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome"   GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 7:22 pm

I can see her freezing up, especially if she knew them, I thought it was pretty creepy, her death didn't bother me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome"   GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GoT S5 E8 "Hardhome"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TV Talk :: Cable Shows Current :: Game of Thrones-
Jump to: