TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

GoT S5 E5 "Kill the Boy"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ez

PostSubject: GoT S5 E5 "Kill the Boy"   Mon May 04, 2015 5:43 am

Dany (Emilia Clarke) makes a difficult decision in Meereen. Jon (Kit Harington) recruits the help of an unexpected ally. Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) searches for Sansa (Sophie Turner). Theon (Alfie Allen) remains under Ramsay’s (Iwan Rheon) control. Written by Bryan Cogman; directed by Jeremy Podeswa.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: GoT S5 E5 "Kill the Boy"   Sun May 10, 2015 2:50 pm

Promo pics for ep 5x05:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ez

PostSubject: Re: GoT S5 E5 "Kill the Boy"   Sun May 10, 2015 9:12 pm

Very North centric episode, I liked it. I love Tormun Giants Bane, glad he is coming back into the fold. It was cool to see Valyria as well. I really liked Dany feeding the master to the dragons too. Really good episode.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: GoT S5 E5 "Kill the Boy"   Sun May 17, 2015 4:14 pm

Ez wrote:
Very North centric episode, I liked it. I love Tormun Giants Bane, glad he is coming back into the fold. It was cool to see Valyria as well. I really liked Dany feeding the master to the dragons too. Really good episode.
To be honest, I have mixed feelings about ep 5x05. No matter how perfectly the sceneries, set-ups, costumes and dialogues are still done, in eps like this one (and it's by far not the first of that kind!) it cannot hide the fact that practically nothing is happening ... everything they do is talking, talking and anouncements. Half of the season is already over now and probably they will drag Stannis's attack on the Boltons until the last two eps, just like we know from the patterns of earlier seasons.
The best thing in this ep for me was Jon's plan to make peace with the Wildlings, pretty reasonable considering the madness all around in this series. But all we got was the anouncement, nothing more. Instead we are fed with that Bolton and Ramsey/Reek crap for almost half of the ep. Especially that Ramsey/Reek stuff imho is just filler material and adds not much to the interesting plots. So not a word about King's Landing or Jamie ... It seems they like to interrupt the stories all the time, another bad habit of this show.
And yes, it was a great scene, when Tyrion saw the dragon in the sky above the mystical ruins of ancient Valyria, but how long did it last? 15 seconds?
I was kind of annoyed then, how the fight with the stonemen was shown. One moment, they are in a desperate fight on their boat and Tyrion is drowning ... and the next second Tyrion awakes and they wind up without their boat but far away from their last location at another shore?? Pretty convenient screen play I'd say. And finally we get a little cliffhanger, when we see Mormont was touched by a stoneman.
But didn't a stoneman also grab Tyrion at his leg trying to tear him down in the water? Are we supposed to think only direct skin contact causes an infection and a touch on clothes doesn't harm? And Mormont was able to save Tyrion from drowning under water without any of Tyrion's skin touching?
At least Dany is out for a wedding ... Hopefully a white one without any major massacre or deaths then ... Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ez

PostSubject: Re: GoT S5 E5 "Kill the Boy"   Sun May 17, 2015 4:40 pm

The Ramsey/Reek stuff is to show you how evil Ramsey is, plus it is setting up Theon's redemption. This episode was all setup, you are right about that. That is the problem trying to condense a 1000 page book into 10 episodes. I hope we do get to see the Stannis/Bolton battle, I am still waiting to see what happens, the last book ended with it on the verge of happening. The stonemen/greyscale stuff isn't really explained that well, but I think it does take skin contact to contract it, Jorah doesn't get it in the books, someone else does, but he has been cut from the show so I guess they are combining that with Jorah. The one thing I like about the pace of this season is hopefully we get some resolution to plot points that all ended in cliffhangers in the book, I have been waiting 4 years since the last book came out, so I am definitely ready to see what happens with them, although, I think the 2 main cliffhangers will be the season's cliff hangers, so I will still have to wait, lol. If you like to read, I would recommend the books, they really are a great series and some of those nagging questions you have would be answered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GoT S5 E5 "Kill the Boy"   

Back to top Go down

GoT S5 E5 "Kill the Boy"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1