TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Banshee - Season 3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

tscc1000

Banshee - Season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Banshee - Season 3   Banshee - Season 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 3:16 pm

Last edited by tscc1000 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Banshee - Season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banshee - Season 3   Banshee - Season 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 3:31 pm

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Banshee - Season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banshee - Season 3   Banshee - Season 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 3:44 pm

Banshee - Season 3 - Premiere Date and Official Poster Revealed + Press Release

CINEMAX has confirmed that BANSHEE will return for its ten-episode third season FRIDAY, JAN. 9, at 10:00 p.m. (ET/PT). The Emmy®-winning series is executive produced by Jonathan Tropper, Peter Macdissi, Alan Ball and Greg Yaitanes.

The show stars Antony Starr (“Wish You Were Here”) as Lucas Hood, an ex-con and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, Pa., where he continues his criminal pursuits while enforcing his own code of justice.

Other returning cast regulars include: Ivana Milicevic (“Psych,” “Vegas”) as Carrie Hopewell, a notorious jewel thief who lives in Banshee under an assumed identity with her family, who have recently learned of her criminal past; Ulrich Thomsen (“The Celebration”) as Kai Proctor, an intimidating, wealthy businessman who believes he is above the law; Frankie Faison (“The Good Wife,” HBO’s “The Wire”) as Sugar Bates, a powerful and wise former boxer and ex-con who is now the owner of the local watering hole; and Hoon Lee (“The Blacklist”) as Job, a dangerous transvestite computer hacker who assists Lucas and Carrie in their criminal enterprises.

Returning cast regulars also include: Rus Blackwell (HBO’s “Recount”), Matt Servitto (HBO’s “The Sopranos”), Trieste Kelly Dunn (“Brothers and Sisters”), Ryann Shane (“Blue Bloods”), Lili Simmons (HBO’s “True Detective”), Odette Annable (“House M.D.,”), Geno Segers (“Teen Wolf”), Langley Kirkwood (“Black Sails”) and Afton Williamson (“Nashville”).

BANSHEE was created by Jonathan Tropper and David Schickler; executive producers, Alan Ball, Greg Yaitanes, Jonathan Tropper, Peter Macdissi; producer, Robert F. Phillips.

Scripts were written by Jonathan Tropper, Halley Gross, Justin Britt-Gibson, Adam Targum, Christopher Kelley, Jennifer Ames and Steve Turner. Directors for the new season include Greg Yaitanes, Loni Peristere, Magnus Martens and OC Madsen.

Source: HBO

Source: TVLine
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Banshee - Season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banshee - Season 3   Banshee - Season 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 3:53 pm

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Banshee - Season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banshee - Season 3   Banshee - Season 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 4:22 pm

Banshee - Season Three Preview & Greg Yaitanes Interview

Going by the teaser trailers we have been getting so far, it looks like the character’s various sins are going to be laid bare and tested. The difference between who is going to be able to wipe their slate clean, and whose past transgressions can never be forgiven is something I expect to be explored. From the two episodes I have already seen, I would also say that secrets are also going to be a theme. Covert pacts are carried out, bargains and plans are made, and this being the small town of Banshee, quite a few hidden things also come to light...often with lethal consequences.

Banshee - Season 3 G
As Greg Yaitanes promised back in February, the last twenty minutes of season two made clear some of the different avenues the show would be pursuing this year. With Yawners having been gunned down there’s an opening for a new deputy at the Cadi. Rebecca has proved herself to Kai by taking out Alex, but what is going to come next in their twisted power play games? Upsetting the Kinaho tribe might not have been a wise choice though, as we saw Chayton decide to make his way back home. Then there was Deva, who surprised Lucas by revealing that she knew he was her father, giving him even more reason to stay in Banshee.

After the bloodbath finale killed off so many characters there are a number of new and returning ones to introduce this year. I asked Greg how they will be affecting the dynamics of the town and what to expect at the start of the season, “We drop in full throttle and see justice served Banshee style,” he teased. “Chayton's return to Banshee will put the Kinaho Reservation into the foreground of the story. We'll get a sense of the culture and dynamic of the reservation. One of the many things I love about Banshee is the unexpected. You'll be surprised where everyone is a month after the events of the finale.”

Banshee - Season 3 2
As for how the Hopewell’s are coping after no longer having the threat of Rabbit hanging over their heads, they are still working out the finer details of their relationships with each other. Deva’s teenage curiosity is naturally going to lead her to Hood looking for answers, whether he will be able to provide them depends on the role he is going to take in her life. “The Gordon/Carrie/Lucas dynamic is quite powerful emotionally,” is Greg’s way of summing the situation up fairly succinctly.

Knowing Yaitanes’ love of hiding away Easter Eggs in his episodes, I asked for a heads up on which ones we should be on the lookout for this season. “Fans of House and/or Twin Peaks should watch episode 3 closely...” is the only clue I have been provided with. What does that bring to mind? If anyone has any early ideas on what this could mean, please share your thoughts in the comments below.

Banshee - Season 3 3
He also promises something unique in the latter half of the season. “I directed episode seven which has a 20 minute sequence unlike anything done on TV before. It is a game changer for the way I work and where TV is going.” If this were most other shows I would dismiss this as the usual hyperbolic spiel, but as it’s Banshee I am just eager to get my hands on the episode and see what they have achieved.

My regular episode previews will be posted closer to transmission, so I won’t be giving out any of my usual teasers until then. But I don’t think anyone is going to be spoiled when I say that there are a few brutal fights on the way, it is something the show excels at after all. Greg revealed that the women will be giving better than they get on the action front. “All of them have big fight sequences this season,” he explains “and Siobhan's could be one of my favourites. One word: machete.” After seeing the damage she inflicted on her husband with just a baton and a bible, I can’t wait to see what she’s up to here!

Banshee - Season 3 1
I know that every Fanshee has a different favourite character, so in order to cover as many as possible I asked Greg for a sentence or two to describe each of them this season.

Hood - At a crossroad. Settling into his role as sheriff.
Sugar - Getting back into the game in a big way this season.
Job - We'll learn a lot about his history with Lucas this year.
Carrie - She is fighting off - and at times losing - the battle of becoming Ana again.
Gordon - Trying to define himself and his role as father to Deva and as Mayor of Banshee.
Deva - She is finding out that being a criminal might be in the blood.
Kai - He has the most complex emotional path this season.

Banshee - Season 3 J
Rebecca - She is coming into her own and learning the business.
Burton - (takes off glasses) The best fight of the series involves him.
Siobhan - She’s the heart of the show.
Brock - Brock is a major player this season. I’m happy to see us writing to Matt Servitto's talents.
Chayton - Epic. He is a force and returns to Banshee bigger and meaner.
Nola - The best fight of the series involves her.

Finally I asked what the plans are looking ahead for the show. “In the event of a season 4 pickup-by Cinemax, we know what we want the story to be!” is the confident reply. In our last interview Greg indicated that he and Jonathan Tropper felt that it was a five season show. If the rest of this season continues the same way the first two episodes do then I am sure it will be renewed before too long.

Banshee will return on Cinemax for its ten episode third season on Friday January 9 at 10.00 p.m. ET/PT. Look out for my preview of the first episode early in the New Year.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Banshee - Season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banshee - Season 3   Banshee - Season 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 4:28 pm

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Banshee - Season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banshee - Season 3   Banshee - Season 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 5:47 pm

Banshee - Season 3 "Origins" Webisodes:

1) Five years ago, Chayton Littlestone learned an unexpected lesson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FGaxix35YU

2) Six months ago, Lucas Hood was reborn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIuCQjSXwVk

3) Fifteen years ago, Kai Proctor was caught between two worlds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l16p5f601kw

4) Seventeen years ago, Lucas and Carrie met for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ikuvbq00Ps

5) Two years ago, Siobhan found someone she related to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghfa6E596Cs

6) Nine years ago, Proctor and Burton met for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xurB-ELazSE

7) Eight years ago, Brock’s work life came to haunt him at home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48HmPdIQ1kI

8 ) Four years ago, Chayton (Geno Segers) pulls Nola (Odette Annable) back from the dead.

Banshee Season 3: Origins - "Already Dead" (Cinemax)
[No video on the Youtube channel of Cinemax so far]
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Banshee - Season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banshee - Season 3   Banshee - Season 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 4:38 pm

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

Banshee - Season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banshee - Season 3   Banshee - Season 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 10:05 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Banshee - Season 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banshee - Season 3   Banshee - Season 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banshee - Season 3
Page 1 of 1