TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

avatar

Posts : 7116
Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:00 pm

ARROW
Air Date: Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Time Slot: 8:00 PM-9:00 PM EST on The CW
Episode Title: (#304) "The Magician"

"The Magician"

NYSSA RETURNS TO STARLING CITY, RA'S AL GHUL MAKES HIS ENTRANCE - A furious Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) confronts Oliver (Stephen Amell) about Sara. When Oliver learns Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) is alive, he suspects Merlyn killed Sara. Oliver and Nyssa join forces and go after the Dark Archer, intent on bringing Sara's killer to justice. Laurel (Katie Cassidy) keeps her distance from Nyssa, as she blames her sister's death on her involvement with the League of Assassins. Meanwhile, Oliver and Roy (Colton Haynes) work on repairing their respective relationships with Thea (Willa Holland), who has returned home. Nyssa discusses Oliver with her father, Ra's al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable).

John Behring directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Marc Guggenheim (#304).

Source: Arrow on The CW | TheFutonCritic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

avatar

Posts : 7116
Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:03 pm

Here are the promo pics for ep 3x04:







Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

avatar

Posts : 7116
Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:06 pm



Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

avatar

Posts : 7116
Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:56 pm

At least Nyssa is back.
If they should kill her too, I'm finally out ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:02 am

tscc1000 wrote:
At least Nyssa is back.
If they should kill her too, I'm finally out ...

LOL dont be paranoid, I doubt they kill her ,and she is only in one or 2 shows a year.
But what I see now is part of this season revolves around  Sara having died, so I think the writers
knew at start of S-2, they had to kill her off, and they chose ep 301, and add a mystery to who killed her.
I think It would have been better to have her die in battle saving a life, against slade, but that is just me.

JUst like TWD they are going to follow the source material to a certain degree. So Sara was doomed, but maybe
they should let viewers know that she will die at some time in the future?
Knowing that in advance, like some of the comic readers helps people accept it.

Sort of like if I told you now that Iris on Flash will die at end of season 1 or begin of S-2 you could accept it much easier than if boom it just happens.
On this show the only safe ones are the original S-1 cast, but even some of those could get killed off.
They did kill the mom off and other guy at end of S-1.
I think arrow and felicity are the only true safe ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
Ez

avatar

Posts : 1570
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:32 am

Laurel is safe as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

avatar

Posts : 7116
Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:10 pm

T5000 wrote:

LOL dont be paranoid,...
I'm not paranoid, I just wanted to make clear that my patience with the show has come to its limits, after what they did with Shado and after how they turned Slade into some crazy nuthead, killing Sara was the one thing to finally make me pissed.
The thing is that I don't know the comics and I definitely don't care about the comics and I neither plan to read them, so from my point of view it's just dumb to successfully introduce Sara as Black Canary played by a well fitting actress just to have her killed and replaced by the relatively uninteresting or even boring character of Laurel played by an actress who obviously never could match the physical skills of Caity.
And I don't see a big mystery about Sara's death. Looks like she was back in the League of Assassins and was on a mission to track down Merlyn for them. Merlyn found out and murdered her or had her murdered. So the League additionally looks pretty stupid for me to send someone alone after Merlyn, because out of all they should know how dangerous Merlyn is ...
By now the best thing of Arrow to keep me watching is Diggle and Felicity. But even with Felicity they are dancing on the edge. A bit more of the current "Olicity" crap and she turns out just as another silly admiring groupie for Ollie. With this in mind I'm really looking forward to see Felicity in the Flash without constantly making mooneyes at Ollie ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

avatar

Posts : 7116
Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:13 pm

Ez wrote:
Laurel is safe as well
Oh, thx, that was my biggest concern, now I'm relieved ... Wink

(Sorry for the irony, no offense meant to you personally, Ez!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ez

avatar

Posts : 1570
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:43 pm

It's ok, I understand. Unless you just hate comic books I would suggest reading them, there are some pretty good stories!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

avatar

Posts : 7116
Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:59 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:42 am

tscc1000 wrote:
T5000 wrote:

LOL dont be paranoid,...
I'm not paranoid, I just wanted to make clear that my patience with the show has come to its limits, after what they did with Shado and after how they turned Slade into some crazy nuthead, killing Sara was the one thing to finally make me pissed.
The thing is that I don't know the comics and I definitely don't care about the comics and I neither plan to read them, so from my point of view it's just dumb to successfully introduce Sara as Black Canary played by a well fitting actress just to have her killed and replaced by the relatively uninteresting or even boring character of Laurel played by an actress who obviously never could match the physical skills of Caity.
And I don't see a big mystery about Sara's death. Looks like she was back in the League of Assassins and was on a mission to track down Merlyn for them. Merlyn found out and murdered her or had her murdered. So the League additionally looks pretty stupid for me to send someone alone after Merlyn, because out of all they should know how dangerous Merlyn is ...
By now the best thing of Arrow to keep me watching is Diggle and Felicity. But even with Felicity they are dancing on the edge. A bit more of the current "Olicity" crap and she turns out just as another silly admiring groupie for Ollie. With this in mind I'm really looking forward to see Felicity in the Flash without constantly making mooneyes at Ollie ...

Well Tscc I dont read the comics either, not the modern ones, all I know is from 80's comics and back, maybe a few in early 90's.
So I think they base many things on what was done more recently , like in last 20 years lol, so I dont know about many things.
With Arrow, he was a basic character back in old days, and I dont know anything about the comics aspect for this show.

I agree with you, that they messed up with shado, and slade, and it was kinda insane with caty.
All I can say is they gave you some good storys for awhile with those characters, which you would have never known otherwise.
And then they kill or mess them up.
Last year I didnt really enjoy the show, at times I did but about 50-50.
This year I like it a little better, but have accepted they are not going to do the show the way I would
Some of these shows are influenced by the social media, like twitter and facebook, so if ollicity is liked by them , then they will have it on the show.
But they seem to have moved pass that, and she has no one right now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
T5000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:02 am

Now about the show, I dont think merlyn killed sara, so there is a mystery as to who killed her and why.

Both merlyn and thea were in another country when sara was killed.
The one thing obvious is the ras gul guy did not like sara, or her being involved with his daugter, so I thin he is the one who did or had it done.

I found it odd after all events, that nyssa still thought merlin killed sara, and did not suspect Ras.

I think they also waited too long to develop thea and laurel into crime fighters.
I like thea but it is hard to see her as a bad ass so quickly, although she has done nothing yet.
And laurel so far it is believable , she is going thru the motions , and looks like will take some time to get to where she is functional. She may never be like sara was, and I dont really see her as replacing sara, but avenging her.

@ Tscc Funny and ironic is laurel is most upset about sara's death of anyone, and that is like you, and yo both are mad about sara's death, but you dont like laurel.
Keep in mind Laurel or that actress didnt write the show they just act it out.
So dont blame her for sara being killed.
The writers have been up and down and all over writing laurel, and for 2 years had thea be a whiny teen, so late or not I welcome the new direction of these 2.

you might also take note of who the show runner , creator, and main producers are, and then dont get into any future shows they do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
Ez

avatar

Posts : 1570
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:18 am

I don't think Malcom killed Sara either, she knew who her killer was because she said "what are you doing here" so it was someone she was friendly with. I think it is either the league or Thea who killed her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ez

avatar

Posts : 1570
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:19 am

Do you think Thea knows Ollie is the Arrow? The phone call to Malcom at the end made me think she does know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:16 am

Ez wrote:
I don't think Malcom killed Sara either, she knew who her killer was because she said "what are you doing here" so it was someone she was friendly with. I think it is either the league or Thea who killed her.

I thought it might be thea, but her and merlyn were not back in the country yet when sara was killed.
No one in the league would kill her unless ordered to by ras.
About her knowing the person, Who else did she know that uses arrows??
I dont think thea or merlyn had a good reason to kill sara. But you never know with these tv shows it may turn out to be thea. but the whole not in country thing is odd since sara was looking for merlyn, and another question is just why was she looking for him?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
T5000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:17 am

Ez wrote:
Do you think Thea knows Ollie is the Arrow? The phone call to Malcom at the end made me think she does know.
yeah I think she does know, maybe not, but merlyn knows so..... he could have told her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
Ez

avatar

Posts : 1570
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:08 pm

Yea, I figure Merlyn told her too.


Last edited by Ez on Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ez

avatar

Posts : 1570
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:11 pm

T5000 wrote:
Ez wrote:
I don't think Malcom killed Sara either, she knew who her killer was because she said "what are you doing here" so it was someone she was friendly with. I think it is either the league or Thea who killed her.

I thought it might be thea, but her and merlyn were not back in the country yet when sara was killed.
No one in the league would kill her unless ordered to by ras.
About her knowing the person, Who else did she know that uses arrows??
I dont think thea or merlyn had a good reason to kill sara. But you never know with these tv shows it may turn out to be  thea. but the whole not in country thing is odd since sara was looking for merlyn, and another question is just why was she looking for him?


She was looking for him because of the Undertaking, the league wanted him killed for violating their code. I think Thea may have done it as a test or something to prove herself to Malcom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ez

avatar

Posts : 1570
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:14 pm

And just because they say they weren't in town, doesn't mean they weren't really there, they could have flown back afterwards. But if it's not Thea then Ras ordered it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:46 pm

thea may have done it as a test ...... that wont work as it would not be much of a test.

anyone who could shoot a arrow could have done it.

Thing is it would have to be someone she would think would never shoot her.
other wise it makes no sense she would not try to avoid the arrow.

My thought is it was nyssa under some hypno spell ! lol

If it was merlyn she would have been in defend mode.

Now the thea idea is ok , but would thea think it is ok to kill sara like that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
Ez

avatar

Posts : 1570
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:34 pm

It's possible, it all depends on what Merlyn has brainwashed into her these last few months, I think the mystery of who killed Sara will take most of the season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014   

Back to top Go down
 
Arrow Episode 3x04 "The Magician" October 29, 2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Dark Magician/Dark Paladin deck 2014
» George Clooney Aficionados News 28 October 2014
» Cover and Feature in Newsweek October 10, 2014 Issue
» Person of Interest Episode 3x17 " / " March 18, 2014
» Mecha Naruto Episode / Hinata's involvment!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TV Talk :: TV Shows ( CW current shows ) :: Arrow-
Jump to: