TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

tscc1000

The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014 Empty
PostSubject: The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014   The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 1:45 pm

THE FLASH
Air Date: Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Time Slot: 8:00 PM-9:00 PM EST on The CW
Episode Title: (#104) "Going Rogue"

"Going Rogue"

WENTWORTH MILLER GUEST STARS AS DC COMICS' VILLAIN CAPTAIN COLD; FELICITY FROM "ARROW" CROSSES OVER INTO CENTRAL CITY - The Flash (Grant Gustin) stops a robbery but the culprits get away after shooting a guard, and The Flash chooses to save the man instead of following the criminals. Joe (Jesse L. Martin) shows Barry a book of suspects and Barry identifies Leonard Snart (guest star Wentworth Miller, "Prison Break") as the leader of the group. While investigating the case, Barry gets a surprise visit from an old friend - Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards, "Arrow"), who heard about his new abilities and came to check them out for herself. She joins him at S.T.A.R. Labs to help stop Snart after it's revealed that Snart his gotten his hands on a stolen "cold gun," which could kill The Flash. Dr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh) is furious when he finds out that Cisco (Carlos Valdes) built the cold gun without telling anyone and now it's missing. Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) is getting the silent treatment from Joe because of her relationship with Eddie (Rick Cosnett). Finally, The Flash and Captain Cold have an epic confrontation.

Glen Winter directed the episode written by Goff Johns & Kai Yu Wu (#104).

Source: The Flash on The CW | TheFutonCritic
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014   The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 1:47 pm

Here are the promo pics for ep 1x04:

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014   The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 1:51 pm

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014   The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 2:01 pm

Felicity Smoak /  27 Oct 2014

Emily Bett Rickards on Appearing on The Flash and What's Next for Felicity on Arrow

Team ups, origins and more are in store.
By Eric Goldman

Felicity Smoak is everywhere these days. On Arrow, the character continues to play a crucial role on the team, while she also now has a new day job working alongside Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh). And this week, Felicity will also be seen on The Flash, as Emily Bett Rickards guest stars on the spinoff series, after Felicity goes to visit Barry Allen (Grant Gustin), following their initial friendship and flirtation when Barry was introduced on Arrow last year.
I spoke to Rickards about her guest role on The Flash and how Felicity gets along with that group of characters – which we’ll see even more of in a few weeks when The Flash and Arrow have a bigger crossover event involving the casts of both shows across both series. We also discussed Felicity’s current dynamic with both Ray and Oliver Queen, next week’s Arrow -- which will reveal more about Felicity’s origins -- and how she feels about the Green Arrow comics recently introducing a new DC Comics incarnation of Felicity modeled after her version of the character.

IGN TV: We’ll be seeing you on The Flash this week. What is it like for these two characters to meet again at this point, given that time has passed and a lot of things have changed now for both of them?
Emily Bett Rickards: I think it's important to realize the big changes that are going on for Barry and who he's becoming. He's going through a big life change, and Felicity is a friend. Obviously there was romantic interest at some point, and there's always going to be that sort of spark, but with these big life changes happening, they're just looking for a friend, I think, and it's really important to value their friendship.

The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014 FLA104b_0254b-2-720x480
Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak and Grant Gustin as The Flash

IGN: What does she make of the fact that he's turned into what he's turned into -- he has these abilities and is a costumed superhero -- given the other superhero she's hanging out with all the time?
Rickards: Yeah, that's true. I think this is now her life. Not to say it's not unique or surprising; I just think she's just so willing now to not believe she knows everything anymore. She's open to learning all of the time, because she's going to get new things thrown at her every day. For the rest of her life I think she's prepared for that -- as prepared as you can be. The fact that he has super speed, she's just like, "Okay, I accept that. I accept you. Let's do this. Let's move on!” [Laughs] “Let's try and figure out other things about it."

IGN: From the pictures and clips, it looks like she really gets to work with the team this week. What's it like for her to work with Team Flash as a shakeup from her usual Team Arrow duties?
Rickards: Well, STAR Labs has something that we in the Arrow world don't. They have these other sort of tech abilities that -- I mean, Felicity can only provide so much. So I think that's really exciting for her, at least for her intellect addiction. I think that her and Caitlin are really great together because there's not a lot of women of that caliber in on the secret. Where we are with Starling and Central City, she doesn't get to work with a whole lot of women, especially women she can talk to in a certain "IQ" sort of way. Obviously that's a little sad, but it also makes it very special when you have that sort of relationship arise. And Felicity and Cisco getting to work together is a really cool dynamic. She's a huge fan of Dr. Wells; he's like an idol in their world. So she's being welcomed into an amazing world.

The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014 FLA104b_0378b-720x479
Danielle Panabaker as Caitlin Snow and Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak in The Flash.

IGN: Of course, a few weeks after this will be the big crossover between the two shows. Does the fact that Felicity has already kind of been the ambassador from Arrow to go over and help once before ease some tensions or give her a different connection with the group than anyone else from Arrow does?
Rickards: That's exactly what it is. She's definitely there to ease tensions. She's there to bring them together and act as a translator sometimes, because I think that can be lost. She really values teamwork and working together, and she believes the more people the better. Obviously we're dealing with a whole bunch of secrets -- protection of identity and that sort of thing is important, but when you need people to help you out, she's that person to be like, "Okay, we need these people. We all need to work together." So that's her role.

IGN: These shows exist in the same world, but The Flash is a lighter show in tone than Arrow often is. Is it interesting to see how they bounce off each other, given those differences?
Rickards: Well, I think Felicity's interesting in that she's sort of the lighter part of the Starling City world. So having her fit into Central City isn't totally foreign I don't think. There's a lot more daylight in Central City, which is interesting. Although, they do more night shoots. I'm very confused about how that happens. [Laughs]

IGN: Really? That is weird!
Rickards: I feel like we're always in the dark in Starling. But I think she fits into that world properly, because she is sort of that light. I think the contrast of her in Starling City makes sense. You know, she likes being that way, but I think Central City is sort of like, "Oh!" It's almost like it wouldn't be too hard to believe that Felicity grew up in Central City or something like that -- not that she did; it's just that I wouldn't be surprised, by any means.

IGN: Well, that is a wonderful transition you just gave me into Felicity and where she grew up -- because next week’s Arrow is a big episode for your character. What can you say, given the title, about “The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak?” Were you pretty surprised by anything you learned?
Emily Bett Rickards: Yeah, I was surprised. I mean, "surprised" is maybe not the right word. I think I've just been craving to know these things about her. I'm so grateful that I -- I feel like I'm so much closer to my best friend now. [Laughs] It's so weird! It's the weirdest thing. She's so special to me. She has a darker path than I ever wanted to really play with, because I think that makes me a little sad that she's gone through a few really terrible things. But it's interesting, because I can connect with her on that level to a certain extent as well. I don't know, she just really warms my heart.

IGN: I'm also curious about the dynamic between her and her mom, since we're going to be seeing this very key figure from her past show up.
Rickards: Ah, yes. That's a whole thing. They are completely different people, except for their ability to really, really care. She definitely has the maternal gene from her mother. Her mother really tries, and that effort doesn't go unnoticed.

The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014 AR220b_0059b-720x479
Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak in Arrow.

IGN: There's been a lot of fun material with Felicity and Ray Palmer lately. But then we had that scene in the last episode with this possibly ominous moment with him after she left. Should we be concerned for Felicity?
Rickards: I think that we can safely say we should always be concerned for Felicity. [Laughs] I don't know how she doesn't go to therapy. I think she has very strong morals and is very protected by who she knows who she is, but I feel like she's thrown into these situations a lot of the time. They're situations you couldn't even imagine are going to happen. I think her occupation and extracurricular activities aren't exactly the safest. She lives a high-risk lifestyle. But I believe she'll always come out on the other side. I think she's always going to be dealt a difficult hand of cards.

IGN: So in the weeks to come, what should be expect as far as her and Ray working together and their relationship?
Rickards: Oh, they're good. I like their relationship; I like their dynamic. I like how they use honesty. Ray's really interesting because he really asks the tough questions. He's her boss, but he believes in a personal life. He's not one of those people like, "Oh, don't bring your personal life to work." He's like, "What are you dealing with? Do you need help?" I think that's really admirable and a really great quality in a person. And they're really fun. They get along really well, so there's that too. I don't know where it's going to go, but hopefully he doesn't turn into some crazy psychopath -- but we never know!

The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014 AR301c_0010b-720x479
Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen and Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak in Arrow.

IGN: One would hope! And how are her and Oliver, going forward? Is it difficult or strange for them to be working together right now in the wake of their own issues, or are they -- especially with what's happened with Sara -- both focused on the goal at hand?
Rickards: I think Sara was such a huge part of forced reality, of "Anyone you care about could be ripped away from you." That's a thing they’ve faced a few times, with Moira and Tommy as well. Everyone’s dying! But I think that Oliver's dynamic in comparison to Ray's… I feel like Oliver's ability to cut off a limb to a certain extent is something that Felicity, you know, she can't really do it that well, but she knows that he can and, therefore, we're not going to talk about it. "This is our experience as friends." She doesn't really know what they are or who they were or where they stand now. I don't know, I've been there. I'm still confused. [Laughs] I don't know how she's going to figure it out. Felicity and I have no hope!

IGN: Lastly, what did you think of Felicity popping up for the first time -- or a much more "you" version of Felicity, I should say -- in DC Comics recently, in Green Arrow?
Rickards: That was really cool. I can't believe it. I'm so speechless. It doesn't feel like reality to me. I'm like, "Oh, that's me? That's Felicity in a comic book? That's weird and so awesome!" I'm speechless. It's super rad. I'm super stoked about it.

IGN: Wait 'til you get your first action figure.
Rickards: Oh, God. There's a Barbie! There's a Barbie named Felicity that wears glasses, which is weird. I'm like, "Why a Barbie? Why not, like, a Care Bear?" I'd be so stoked.

Emily Bett Rickards guest stars on The Flash on Tuesday, October 28th at 8:00pm ET/PT and can be seen on Arrow on Wednesdays at 8:00pm.
Eric Goldman is Executive Editor of IGN TV. You can follow him on Twitter at @EricIGN, IGN at ericgoldman-ign and Facebook at Facebook.com/TheEricGoldman.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014   The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 2:12 pm

The Flash 1x04 Comic Preview:

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014   The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 2:25 pm

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014   The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 3:58 pm

Felicity!!!  cheers cheers cheers 
bounce bounce bounce Wink
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014   The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 5:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014   The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 11:40 am

I thought this was a great episode, I really liked Captain Cold, he is a major Flash villian so I'm glad he was a threat to Barry. Felicity is just awesome no matter which show she is on, I like the 2 shows being connected and in the same universe
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014   The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Ez wrote:
I thought this was a great episode, I really liked Captain Cold, he is a major Flash villian so I'm glad he was a threat to Barry. Felicity is just awesome no matter which show she is on, I like the 2 shows being connected and in the same universe

They did a good job with the cold gun, and effects, but not too fond of the actor chosen, he just does not seem right for that part, and like with all the villains, he is 2 dimensional, or just lacks substance.
Be nice if they could give them a realistic personality, other than they like to kill or steal.

It would have been better for the capn to invent his own gun too?

I mean the guy creating that in case flash was bad was a little lame.
but the show was ok.

I tire of the barry loves iris thing already and it is just ep 4 !
Then barry not interested in felicity?? yeah thats realistic .

I guess barry forgot about his dad still in prison?? nothing on that.

But I know tscc enjoyed all the felicity scenes, she had a big role in this.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014   The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Flash Episode 1x04 "Going Rogue" October 28, 2014
Page 1 of 1