TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:53 am

Yea, I hate quitters, too many people would kill for the shot to play the game, plus you made the merge, who knows how the game will shake out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:51 pm

Well we had another big baby quitter !!!!!!!!! lol these spoiled people just cant take it.
Julie didnt like being there with people who dont like her lol, the trail mix bag was funny, she had a bag full and I guess thought no one would find her stash.

The hardest thing in her life ! lol bet she has had a easy life?

I think they should have to go back to their tribe and tell them they are quitting to their faces.

Also when someone quits like that they should go ahead and have tribal  to vote someone out, and then let one of the previous voted outs back in.
Let them compete prior to tribal and add the winner back into the game after the vote.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:30 pm

Yea, But Australia is the only time he had to bring more, and that time wasn't the tribes fault, there was a huge flood that swept there camp away, rice and all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:31 pm

Ez wrote:
Yea, they will have to address it, I think instead of taking stuff from their camp they should of had to forfeit immunity, that would have shown how severe a penalty it is

yeah that is good idea, but he said that was a first since S-2, but I remember others running out of rice, in th e past, just not as quickly.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:01 pm

Yea, they will have to address it, I think instead of taking stuff from their camp they should of had to forfeit immunity, that would have shown how severe a penalty it is
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:44 pm

One move will really annoy most of our audience and most of the players.....hmm

is eating all your rice so you can stay strong for challenges actually a decent strategy?...........this is what I was saying lol, they will have to deal with this.
Like he said what if they had no rewards to trade?

The only thing that would fix it is to give them x amount of rice per week, tell them it has to last or they go hungry till the next week.

that would also prevent over eating like these guys did whaich was unfair to the other team.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:48 am

3 Q's with Jeff Probst:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: This is kind of a new one for you guys in terms of a tribe recklessly devouring all of their food supply. Tell us about how you came up with the decision to take all the comfort items back from Hunahpu for more rice. Are there any other options you and the producers discussed before settling on that?
JEFF PROBST: Having a tribe eat through or lose their entire staple of rice is one of the greatest gifts the reality gods can bestow upon a show like Survivor because it creates story. Big story. Once I heard they were low on rice and we were still very early in the game there really wasn’t any other consideration than to take every single thing at camp — other than the most bare essentials. In this case, it was easily justified because there were no mitigating circumstances — they simply ate it all. There has to be a big check for that kind of indulgence. But the big idea I am still circling is this: If you make the assumption that you can always trade for more rice (even if it’s your entire shelter) is eating all your rice so you can stay strong for challenges actually a decent strategy? I would not be surprised to see another tribe take the risk and employ this strategy in future seasons. So in my subconscious I am already thinking of how we might handle this same situation if a tribe didn’t have enough supplies to make a fair trade. Say for instance a tribe that had won no rewards, had only the barest of shelter, but like Hunahpu, also ate all their rice. What is the appropriate invoice at that point?
Jeremy seemed upset about the trade, saying that they could have made do with what they had food-wise, but shish kebob reward or not, that doesn’t seem possible. They didn’t really have any choice but to make that trade, did they?
I think Jeremy was just frustrated in general. He ended up on a tribe of people, some of whom didn’t regard the game in the same way he did. Jeremy is very disciplined. He could have made do on much less and if he had been in charge of that rice from day one they probably wouldn’t be in that situation. But no, I do not see any way they could have survived without making a trade. Zero.
We saw Natalie volunteer to go to Exile Island instead of Julie. If you’re on her tribe, do you view that as a selfless act, or does that make you immediately suspicious?
I’d be watching Natalie like a hawk. She is an experienced competition reality show contestant. Nothing in Survivor is selfless. Ever. Whether it’s because you want to search for an idol or buy some good will or break up an alliance or keep an alliance together or any of the other myriad possibilities — every move in Survivor is game play. The good players (of which Natalie is starting to make a case) endeavor to make every move a win-win.
BONUS QUESTION! We heard the howler monkeys come out again at Tribal Council. I remember them making their presence felt when I was out there at the first Tribal. It’s nice to hear them howl a bit to give a taste of the ambience but my question is whether there has ever been an occasion — either this season or any one other one — where howler monkeys or some other animal or extreme weather has forced you to stop or pause because the sound became too overwhelming or went on too long?
Nope. I LOVE when the environment makes itself known. It’s really amazing how many times it will just break into rain in the middle of a challenge or a massive bolt of lightning will crack behind their heads at Tribal Council. People ask me all the time — is that real? Yes. And that night the howler monkeys were on fire! It was fun and funny and a great reminder to the players — you really are living in the jungle.
Looks like merge time next week. What else can you tell us about next week’s episode?
One move will really annoy most of our audience and most of the players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:13 pm

well Jeff just took all the stuff they won, left them with flint and machete and 1 pot. Smile
the black guy is mad, but it would be a gamble to not take the rice, you would have to win all food challenges and catch fish or something.
I think I would have waited till I was out of rice and go few days and see how it goes, then ask for rice.

and here it is a food challenge ! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:04 am

It would be fair, but I don't think they want them to die from starvation lol, I think they should have held off on the switch up for that very reason
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:17 am

Ez wrote:
I think Dale was right, I have never seen someone run out of food so fast, Very rarely does Jeff have to make a trade for food because people know how to ration, Boston Rob never had to trade a reward for food, plus Kelly probably was stronger than Missy, I have a feeling winner of the game is coming from the other tribe.

Well sure he was right, but the smart thing at that point is to make friends with the new members, and then work on the other rice issues later.

The previews for the next show have been about the rice, they are getting a whole bag, and jeff says it is a steep price.
But the bottom line is they are getting it.

Now here is something, the crew had to know this tribe was eating all their rice to quick, so jeff or show runnners would know, so they let them do it , then when they run out of rice, they do the switch, which punishes the other tribe people which got sent to that tribe, and no punishment at all for baylors mom, and others from the other tribe.
They got sent to new tribe with a lot of rice, and are doing the same thing again!!!!!!!!!!

They follow and film these people all day every day, so they knew what was going on.
In a situation like that I would not switch or merge, and let them run out of rice, and then they have to go hungry
or catch fish, and maybe have some rewards where they can take rice or something else.
But really best and fair is to make them go without the rice for as many challenges as they had while over eating.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:42 am

I think Dale was right, I have never seen someone run out of food so fast, Very rarely does Jeff have to make a trade for food because people know how to ration, Boston Rob never had to trade a reward for food, plus Kelly probably was stronger than Missy, I have a feeling winner of the game is coming from the other tribe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:40 am

Ez wrote:
Yea, Jon and Jacqueline chose the wrong group I think, Missy should have been  voted  out, Dale will be next and then Baylor or Missy unless they merge, I don't  see them winning a challenge. It doesn't  seem like many people  know how to play this season, Missy was trying to  cook way  to much  food!

yeah but dale was not being social. the thing is the eat all your rice early is a good strategy, if it helps you win the challenges.
Then later you give up some rewards for more food.

The thing is they got to eat all their rice, twice a day plus got to eat some fish with fishing gear, so they have eaten way better than the others, and can now get more rice, and then with merge comes the feast and more rice, so they will go the whole game with plenty of food.
Had they not lost the flint, they would have done even better.

So even though I dont think it was their idea to do that, it is just how it worked out,
but I see now that would be a good plan.

Dale was thinking about what was right or wrong, and that isnt playing the game which is social.
I think J&J chose the most likable pair which got dale and his daughter in the doghouse.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:31 am

Yea, Jon and Jacqueline chose the wrong group I think, Missy should have been voted out, Dale will be next and then Baylor or Missy unless they merge, I don't see them winning a challenge. It doesn't seem like many people know how to play this season, Missy was trying to cook way to much food!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:52 am

I find it amazing that some of these people dont try to get along with others more, they just act like they do ordinarily and it gets them voted out.
Dale is very unsocial, so are some others.
They also vote out who they dont like , opposed to what is best for the team and winning challenges.

the girl was a victim of the switch, she would not have been voted out had they not switched.
So that is just bad luck, nothing she could have done, plus I think the mom did not like her on the other tribe.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:23 am

Well, the switch up turned out better than I thought it would, even though all the pairs did load up on one tribe, I was surprised to see the pairs not team up, hopefully they merge at 12 people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:58 pm

He is up there as one of the dumbest, sadly that is a long list. Stephanie was the only time that a tribe had 1 person left. Hopefully the tribes shift up evenly tonight, but I'm sure one tribe will be full of pairs and the other as split pairs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:43 am

That was stephanie? seems like they have done that few other times too.
But they may merge with 2-3 left on the bad team.
ON Imdb I said they shoudl have taken the fish gear, and then searched camp for the flint.
Later they find the flint, which had to be there somewhere.

I was thinking earlier, how it is funny that so many people start to think they are so smart , and in charge, and then they get blindsided!
This drew guy was so dumb he took himself out of the game better than anyone else ever has in history of the game!!

He by himself threw the challenge, that was a first ?
Then he tried to tell others who he wanted voted out, instead of letting them pick the person.
I think he thought he could get the one person he wanted out.

Then he gets voted out because of the way he acted, and they didnt know he threw the challenge.
So really I think you have to give him the most self destructive player ever award, and maybe even the dumbest player award.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:27 am

That's the game, they did let a tribe get all the way down to one person before, I think they want to keep them as the only tribe to have done that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:49 am

well I believe they have chal's planned, and maybe a swap, but they all seem to happen when one team is dominate and the other is total losers.

What gets me is some people dont vote with either side, they just vote a person they dont like, which is meaningless and really stupid.
If 5 vote bob, and 3 vote sally, and I vote for pete what good does that do ?????? lol I could say later on I didnt vote for bob when he was sent home, but they would not know if I was lying or not.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:17 am

They don't start the editing process until the game is just about complete, The say they have all the swaps and challenges preplanned before the season starts but who knows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:45 am

yeah I hate the switchups , it is unfair to usually 2-4 people who go from strong alliance and good team to nothing and crap team , and get voted out, it is just bad luck nothing a person could do.
They should let it play out, but it could be as they were watching the dailies that even tok them this seemed boring ??? so they switch it up in effort to make show interesting.

Well duh pick better people , not rich dummies.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:00 am

3 Q's with Jeff Probst:
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What, you didn’t want to take back that flint and give them some fishing gear? I can’t for the life of me figure out why, Jeff! Your thoughts on the proposed re-swap of fishing gear for flint?
JEFF PROBST: Well, first of all, I loved it! I was so happy that Drew felt comfortable enough to go for it because it was a fun moment. I really think he thought I might be swayed, but let’s be clear: There was zero chance of that trade happening.
You need to be at least somewhat self-aware to do well in this game, but Drew strikes me as one of the least self-aware contestants we have seen in a long time. Give me your take on him and his take on himself?
Well, I guess it depends of how one defines “self-aware.” Was Narcissis self aware? The beautiful man of Greek mythology adored himself so much that he fell in love with his reflection not realizing it was a reflection that could therefore never love him back. Lonely, yes, but self-aware? Hard to know. Drew is definitely one of a kind and in some ways I liken him to someone like Coach (one of my all time favorite contestants). The ability to convince yourself that the life you want to live is the one you are actually living — it’s really an amazing skill. Some call it lacking self-awareness, but David Geffen has a great quote that offers a different take: “I’ve always thought that each person invented himself. That we are each a figment of our own imagination. And some people have a greater ability to imagine than others.”
Super weird Tribal Council voting in that you had votes for four different people, and folks weren’t even voting for whom they wanted out. Jeremy lobbied for Keith but voted for Drew, Jon lobbied for Julie but voted for Keith, and then Reed and Keith seemed to randomly vote for Julie. What sort of vibe did you get from the tribe at this point and does early instability usually translate to long term issues for a group, especially if there is a tribe switcheroo on the horizon, as we saw in the preview for next week?
Instability usually equals tribe turmoil, which often results in awesome episodes of Survivor! What you’re seeing with Hunahpu happens a lot on Survivor — a tribe dominates in challenges but because they never get to go to tribal they have no idea where the tribe vibe really stands — and when it finally comes, it causes chaos.
Okay, sir, what else can you tell us about next week’s episode?
It does appear a switch may be coming. But a switch is perhaps the least of Hunahpu’s troubles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:59 am

Sheesh, those guys are morons, serves them right, I wish they would delay the tribe swap for a few eps because the tribe who threw it would be in serious trouble moving forward. Drew, you are an idiot, you will not be missed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:28 am

but now jeremy and the other girl will think they caused him to be voted out, so they will be ridin high.

Instead of blood and water they should have called this one dumb and dumber ?? Razz
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:56 am

Yea, he completely did it to himself, and I don't think it had anything to do with the other tribe telling them too, when he admitted to working with Jeremy to save Val he was done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   

Back to top Go down

Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next