TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
T5000
Admin
T5000

Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: ep 29.10   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 5:48 am

ok watched the whole ep and apparently they had no idea jon had the idol, but it still is dumb as he had been to exile,
so good chance he had one, but missy, no way she had one.
They were thinking who they wanted out instead of who would be the best bet for it to work.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: ep 10 nov 26   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 11:29 pm

ok these guys showed they were not too bright so I guess they deserve to go.

I would have voted for missy instead of john, because:
she does not have a idol!!
John would not use his Idol for her ! he would for him, his GF and possibly baylor.
No one would guess it was her !!!!!!!!!!

But no they vote for john who they know may have the idol, and is a likely target.
Plus they may have told someone they should not have?

As it was they would also have to know the votes would be split so if john plays the idol one of them is gone
if they split their vote the 3-2 would trump the 2-2 or 3-1

Both idols should go back into play, but they are so dumb I doubt they can find them? Basketball
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 6:30 pm

T5000 wrote:
       so which 5 will vote jon or J out??

I would say Keith, Wes, Alec, Baylor, Missy and the other twinnie( I can't remember her name)

Well that would mean baylor and missy would have to change their alliance again.
That might be a smart move, but are they that smart?

Well that's the question isn't it lol
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 5:38 pm

I would say Keith, Wes, Alec, Baylor, Missy and the other twinnie( I can't remember her name)

Well that would mean baylor and missy would have to change their alliance again.
That might be a smart move, but are they that smart?
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 4:22 pm

T5000 wrote:
Ez wrote:
T5000 wrote:
Ez wrote:
I knew Jeremy was gone the moment he didn't win immunity, I think Jon will be next unless he wins immunity, he has flipped to many times and has proven he can be dupped by people, I think he will go home with the Idol in his pocket.

It was  jon and J, and missy and baylor & the gay guy who were allied to vote jeremy out.
So they have the power now. They will vote out wes, keith,and the girl who was with jeremy, and the pretty boy which is 4.
So they have the numbers 5 to 4.
It depends on who they vote for , and if they split a vote, then jon  could get voted out.

In a normal season I would agree with you, but at this point Jon and J have betrayed everyone, they will be targeted I think, plus Natalie is good at stirring stuff up.

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 4:48 pm

Ez wrote:
T5000 wrote:
Ez wrote:
I knew Jeremy was gone the moment he didn't win immunity, I think Jon will be next unless he wins immunity, he has flipped to many times and has proven he can be dupped by people, I think he will go home with the Idol in his pocket.

It was  jon and J, and missy and baylor & the gay guy who were allied to vote jeremy out.
So they have the power now. They will vote out wes, keith,and the girl who was with jeremy, and the pretty boy which is 4.
It depends on who they vote for , and if they split a vote, then jon  could get voted out.

In a normal season I would agree with you, but at this point Jon and J have betrayed everyone, they will be targeted I think, plus Natalie is good at stirring stuff up.

Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 7:23 pm

T5000 wrote:
Ez wrote:

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:44 pm

Ez wrote:

It was jon and J, and missy and baylor & the gay guy who were allied to vote jeremy out.
It depends on who they vote for , and if they split a vote, then jon could get voted out.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:36 pm

Ez wrote:
Palau is a good season, good characters. Have you watched Micronesia, it was the first Fans vs Favorites?
I have seen every season,and I have most of them in video format.
I enjoy watching them again, as with my memory I tend to forget most of what happens.
In 21 , I remembered brenda and thought she won the game so was surprised she got voted out. Then I sort of remembered fabio winning but wasnt sure.

I still remember who wins 10, but will be fun to watch it play out, I know he won a bunch of imm chal.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:46 am

Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:44 am

3 Q's with Jeff Probst:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Wow, I’m still not exactly sure what happened here. Jon worried that Jeremy might possibly realize he was lying about having an idol so voted him out? It seems to demonstrate how even the littlest thing can get you voted out of this game. Do you think this was a savvy, forward-thinking move, or a paranoid knee-jerk reaction from Jon?
JEFF PROBST: I think Jon is playing a much more cutthroat game than he wants people to realize. Jeremy was a legit threat to win this game if they let him continue on — and Jon recognized that and made a move. Survivor has become so vicious, in the greatest way — I really love it. One of the reasons I love it is it’s making the game much more unpredictable. If Jeremy or Josh played again they could just as easily win as be on the jury and they could just as likely be first out because they’re a threat. There just is nowhere to hide — it’s fight or flight from the moment the game starts. I truly hope future players learn to understand this and use it to their advantage. When I say you need to make big moves, some people think I am trying to undermine them. I’m not. I’m saying as clearly as I can: You must play to win. It’s your only shot. Yes, you may get voted out, but playing “not to lose” is no longer a viable strategy. You may make it deep, but you won’t win. Look at recent history. The winners have all been people who played the game. Even those who play but fall short are still respected and often invited back to try again. Those who hide in the shadows are quickly forgotten.
Is it just me or do these “selfless” acts of giving rewards to other people — dating all the way back to Yau-Man handing Dreamz that free car — always seem to backfire in this game?
That’s a great question. I think it’s still dependent on the situation and the way you present it to the person. The biggest mistake I see being made is the lack of transparency of your motive. I often stand next to someone who says, “I’m gonna give this reward to my tribemate because they really need it” and I don’t think anybody buys the gesture because it’s inauthentic. If I ever played and was in that situation I think I’d try to just make a straight up deal. “If I win, I’ll give you the reward but here’s what I want in exchange.” I know I can’t hold them to keep their word, but I’m gonna do my best to leverage every move I make in the game. But hey, I’ve never played so I’m just backseat driving and speculating. I have no idea what it’s like to be out there trying to play this incredibly difficult game. I’m also hungry at the moment, so I may be a bit lippy as I write this. Okay, so getting back to your question — I think there is value in trading a reward, but it does require a lot of finesse, a good read of the situation, and a sense of the person you’re giving it to and what you can get from them.
I like you guys coming up with brand new wrinkles to challenges like forcing people to use only their feet to construct that tower. Tell me about the genesis and application of this challenge and how you thought it played out.
The foot challenge dates back to about four months before we ever hit the beach. John Kirhoffer sent his first batch of challenge ideas and he had three different “foot” based challenges. We knew it was going to be challenging to find an idea that you did with your feet that would move fast enough to be exciting to watch and didn’t feel we had it in the first ideas. But John was really determined to make one work so he and his team kept at it and came up with “The Game Is Afoot” and it played really well! It was so fun to see the challenge team birth yet another super unique idea that will no doubt become a launching point for new challenges in seasons to come. So future players, start working on your core!
Looks like the alliance lines are all over the map now. What can you tease up for next week?
Yes alliances are definitely “up for grabs” and the immunity challenge demonstrates how incredibly demanding this game is on the mind, body, and soul.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 5:41 pm

Palau is a good season, good characters. Have you watched Micronesia, it was the first Fans vs Favorites?
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 4:51 pm

I finished S-21 and they had 2 quitters, naonka and purple kelly, and they were allowed to be on the jury !
They should have taken the previous 2 voted out and made them jury members.

Then at end , it was 3-3, and they all voted jane out, which was so stupid, fabio and dan could have allied with
Jane but didnt. The only thing that save fabio was winning the immunity's.
23 is coach and ozzie, so dont think I want to watch that.
Next is pulau which is S-10.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 10:27 pm

well I have dug up some jolder shows to watch lol
 on ep 11 of Survivor S-21, after that going to watch S-7,9,10
was going to watch 22 but russell and rob are both hard to watch.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 10:02 pm

But they don't know how to play the game so they wouldn't concern me as much, only one person can win immunity at a time so you can still send them home one after another
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 3:51 pm

Ez wrote:
They voted out Josh because he was the leader and brains,.
yeah but once you have the numbers , you could vote them out in any order.
I think the others may be more of a threat in immunity challenges?
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 6:32 am

They voted out Josh because he was the leader and brains,.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 2:05 pm

Ez wrote:
I wouldn't have gone with the guys either, like Jacquelyn said, they would be harder to beat in the end than Jeremys alliance. I do think they will vote out Jeremy the first time he doesn't win immunity, but ultimately, I don't really care who wins this season, they are all to bland for me, I hop they don't ever bring anyone back form this season.

yeah I would have to say jeremy is the only one I could say is playing a good game, but I dont really like him either.
out of all the ones left I dont really care to see any of them win.

I have t wonder why josh was voted out over some of the other guys though.
He was a good competitor, but I would have voted out wes or his dad or drew.

A better alliance would have been josh and his BF, missy and baylor, and john and his GF.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 6:35 am

I wouldn't have gone with the guys either, like Jacquelyn said, they would be harder to beat in the end than Jeremys alliance. I do think they will vote out Jeremy the first time he doesn't win immunity, but ultimately, I don't really care who wins this season, they are all to bland for me, I hop they don't ever bring anyone back form this season.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 6:32 am

3 Q's with Jeff Probst:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: You bastard! You got me! I’ve been talking all season about how Josh is getting a “winner’s edit,” and now the dude is out of the game! But what amazes me the most is how folks still can neglect people on the fringes of their alliance. You and I have spoken countless times over the years about the importance of making the people at the bottom of the totem pole feel important, and it looks like it came back and bit someone else in the butt as the men in Jaclyn’s alliance ignored her while Jon was gone. Why does this kind of stuff still happen?
JEFF PROBST: The only answer I can put forth is it’s further evidence that all of us humans have massive blind spots. For whatever reason, the same mistakes happen season after season on Survivor. It’s not for lack of bright players, it’s just something about human nature, how we process information and what happens to our awareness when we are deprived of the basics such as food, shelter, and comfort.
We had a bit of a role reversal last season where you said in our Q&A after the Cagayan memory challenge how you weren’t a fan of those and probably wanted to get rid of them, but then I wrote you a long email telling you exactly why you should keep it, because it is one of the true play-along-at-home challenges you guys do. So I’m happy you guys decided to keep it in the mix, but how about you?
Yes, you did influence that decision to keep them in the game, along with my kids who said the same thing. I think your point was valid — they’re very fun to play along with at home — which isn’t always the case on a Survivor challenge. My concern was really just from a big picture perspective that they do run the risk of being boring. They typically require a bit of challenge luck or some great reality moment or funny comments from the players to make these really work. Having now voiced all my fears, I will admit that historically they have worked out pretty well so my concern was probably a case of borrowing trouble where there wasn’t any. Thank God you spoke up!
You guys made a last minute switch before filming, getting rid of Redemption Island and instead bringing back the Exile Island twist. I told you I was a fan of that move because it makes vote-outs like this big Josh one that much more shocking and impactful. Now that you’ve seen it play out past the merge, what are your thoughts on Redemption vs. Exile in a Blood vs. Water season?
I have a few thoughts. I am glad we did not do Redemption Island this season because I do think it has made for a more clean and in some ways brutal season because of the impact of loved ones being voted out. With Exile, I loved what we got early with the cross pollination of relationships and I love where it’s going to head now that we’re in the individual part of the game. It will definitely have an impact on how the season plays out.
So just generally speaking, yes, I am glad that we decided to change it up — and in a weird way I owe thanks to Mike White. Mike is a big Survivor fan, a former contestant on Amazing Race and a tremendous writer/director/actor/storyteller (School of Rock, Nacho Libre, Enlightened). He was over at our house for dinner just a couple of weeks before we started shooting. I confided in him about the basic creative for the Blood vs. Water season and when I mentioned Redemption Island coming back he had a very lackluster response — “Oh, you’re doing Redemption again?”The words hit me like a stray, leftover Medallion of Power right between the eyes. We had debated Redemption Island during our Survivor creative meetings and for some reason hearing him say it at that moment tipped the scale. Redemption Island duels became Hero Arena challenges and Redemption Island became Exile Island. It was a pretty simple switch and didn’t impact anything we had built or designed.
Looks like Reed will not go gently into that good night. Tease us up for next week, sir.
Next week features a brand new challenge – something we’ve never done before that I think people will get a kick out of it. There’s a clue in that answer… and Reed is definitely gonna do whatever it takes to stay in this game.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 1:25 am

This show was confusing, the 2 j's were going to vote with josh and the guys?
Then they treat her like crap? so then she switches?

And what the guys were doing was so bad, have they not watched the older shows?

Seems like the 2 j's never switched to the guys as josh thought he was gone the whole ep.

And they as swing votes are on the outside of jeremys alliance  so they wont get far with him.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 9:13 pm

They have too many people on the show who already have $ , I would like to see ordinary people who actually need the money on the show.
People who have watched and have some personality.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 7:34 pm

I agree, completely unlikable cast, first time I really haven't cared about Survivor. Blood vs water was OK with veterans, but it sucks with all new people
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 4:12 pm

So they knew she was a potential quitter and put her on anyway?? lol

So far this is the worst season ever, no one with any charisma, no one who you can hate or laugh at , no cute girls, at least to me, and no likable people.

Right now we are at the merge and I am not rooting for anyone.

I have a few I dont care for:
Missy...Baylor's mom seems like a real bitch used to having her own way and wht kind of name is baylor for a girl??

Jeremy , he is arrogant and self centered, and I think racist himself.

The other fireman dad, he is just too dumb to be on this show, and he has 0 social skills
I dont really dislike him, but his stupidity is amazing.
Kudos to him on the challenge though.

The brother and pretty boy model? guy he is just not likable , but I guess I dont really dislike him.

All the others are pretty bland and stupid, so dont really have any feelings one way or the other with them.

Over time the one failing of this show is in the selection of contestants, which has gone down each year.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 6:54 am

4 Q's with Jeff Probst:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: You and I spoke about Julie before the game and I said I didn’t think she could cut it, and some of the other contestants didn’t think she could either. She seemed to actually be doing okay out of the gate, but then it all fell apart. What happened?
JEFF PROBST: I have to put a big asterisk next to this answer because it is completely subjective. I think the answer to why Julie quit might be directly related to what she and her boyfriend John said on day one - “We have never been apart longer than four days.” Based on that fact, I am guessing that the minute John was voted out of the game Julie began to ponder whether she wanted to stay in the game or join John in the non-jury group. Then when she got caught stealing the trail mix and the tribe ostracized her I think the decision became very easy: I’m done. Get me out of here.
Now you might be asking, “Okay, so why not just tell the tribe to vote her out?” To answer that you have to now make another assumption: Julie had a pretty good idea that the next person voted out would not be on the jury but anybody voted out from that point forward would be on the jury. This is key in my hypothesis because I think Julie wanted to be reunited with John, so it was mandatory that she was the next to go home. [ED NOTE: People voted out pre-jury do not see nor stay with those in the jury.] And despite stealing the trail mix there was still no guarantee she would be voted out next because the battle of alliances was very strong. Turns out, she would have been right in her concern as it appears Jeremy was going to be blindsided. Had Julie not quit she would have made the jury and would not have seen John until the end of the game. That’s the only reason I can think of to explain her quit. She wasn’t in bad shape physically or emotionally, there didn’t appear to be any urgency, so why not just let it take care of itself at tribal with no stigma. But the bigger story of her quit is the impact it will have long term on the game. She was a very important vote that her alliance just lost.
We were all borderline disgusted when Osten became the first quitter back in the Pearl Islands season, and you had some pretty harsh words for him when he did it. Nobody had ever quit until that seventh season, but we’ve seen a slew of either quits or quits masked as injuries or asking the tribe to vote you out since then. Does quitting this game no longer hold the stigma that it once did?
I think every fan will have their own take as to whether or not there is a stigma attached to quitting. Personally, I still get frustrated but now it’s directed at myself. We are the ones who put the contestants on the show. We test them, we talk to them, we study their psych reports and then we make a decision to give them one of our very valuable spots. If they quit, it’s on us. We either missed it, or in the case of Julie we anticipated it but put them on anyway. They were always going to quit — it was just a matter of when. I do think it says much about a person’s drive for life when they voluntarily quit. It’s not someone I want in my foxhole, that’s for sure. But we have to take our fair share of responsibility for putting them in the situation in the first place.
Jeremy and Josh have seemed to be the two biggest power players in this game so far, and this last episode really set the game up as a battle between them and the forces they are assembling to bring into combat. (I especially love the way they show respect for each other’s games while trying to take each other out.) Am I wrong in pegging them as the two most dominant forces so far in this game?
I think you’re right – at this point they are very big threats to win and they are both very savvy and passionate players. But I don’t think they are the only players. I think they will still have to earn their way to the end by getting past some formidable opponents.
BONUS QUESTION! This game changes on a daily basis, but who do you think on day 18 was saved from being voted out because of Julie’s quit?
Jeremy. I think it was gonna happen and I think he would have been shocked. So Jeremy was saved, but now his new problem is he lost a very important number.
It looks like the post-merge strategic shuffling continues moving on. Tease us up for next week’s episode!
Julie’s quit really throws a wrench into things. There are so many levels of game play — it is imperative that you see everything. If your vision becomes too focused you’re done. The best players will prove themselves through their ability to play this game not based on history, but on what is in front of them in any given moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys   Survivor Season 29  more blood and dummys - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Survivor Season 29 more blood and dummys
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next