TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sequestered - General Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

PostSubject: Sequestered - General Discussion   Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:42 pm

Sequestered - Official Trailer

“SEQUESTERED”

12 episode Series Scheduled to Premiere on Crackle in August.

A sophisticated, intense thriller, starring Jesse Bradford (BRING IT ON), Summer Glau (“Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles”), Patrick Warburton (“Rules of Engagement”), and Bruce Davison (X-MEN) about a jury sequestered in a hotel while deliberating a court case with massive implications. Series is produced by Lifeboat Productions and created by Aaron Tracy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sequestered - General Discussion   Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:00 am

Well summer is in it so will give it a try.
what is crackle??
How many eps?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Sequestered - General Discussion   Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:14 pm

T5000 wrote:
1) Well summer is in it so will give it a try.
2) what is crackle??
3) How many eps?
1) Are you sure? I mean, do you really want to risk some disappointment? After her in Arrow? Again??

Also considering that you even don't dare to watch the Continuum S3 finale, which is beyond any doubt awesome and epic ... like to be seen with just one screencap:

2) I guess some kind of TV network?
3) 12, as written in my post above ... do you even care to read?  scratch  lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Sequestered - General Discussion   Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:35 pm

Sony Crackle to Release Original Drama Series ‘Sequestered’ in Two Batches

Sony Crackle Release Original Drama Series
July 11, 2014 | 08:40AM PT

NY Digital Editor @xpangler

"Crackle, the online network of Sony Pictures Television, announced that the first six episodes of original drama series “Sequestered” will debut Aug. 5, holding the back half of the series until October.
The 12-episode series follows a jury sequestered in a hotel while deliberating a high-profile kidnapping-murder case. “Sequestered” stars Jesse Bradford (“Bring It On”), Summer Glau (“Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles”) and Patrick Warburton (“Rules of Engagement,” “Seinfeld”).
Series is directed by Shawn Ku (“Beautiful Boy”) and Kevin Tancharoen (“Fame,” “Motral Kombat: Legacy”) and was created by Aaron Tracy. “Sequestered” is produced by Lifeboat Prods.
After the first half of the episodes bow Aug. 5, Crackle will roll out the last six Oct. 14. The gap is designed to get viewers hooked on the show — so they’ll be primed to binge on the series’ denouement.
In the show, which Crackle announced this spring, Bradford plays Danny Firmin, a young attorney who uncovers a conspiracy in his case defending the alleged murderer of Gov. Mark Bennett’s (Warburton) 8-year-old son. Sequestered juror Anna (Glau) is forced to choose between her convictions and the safety of her family, as she deliberates the fate of a potentially innocent man.
Crackle, available in 21 countries, focuses on action, comedy, crime, horror and sci-fi programming. The service’s original series include Emmy-nominated “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee” from Jerry Seinfeld — Crackle’s most popular series — as well as thriller “Chosen,” starring Chad Michael Murray and Rose McGowan, and “Cleaners,” starring David Arquette and Gina Gershon."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sequestered - General Discussion   Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:34 am

1) Are you sure? I mean, do you really want to risk some disappointment? After her in Arrow? Again??
Well she is looking old, but I still check out her stuff.
It has to be better than her role in Arrow, that was pretty bad.
This should be a good chance for her to show she can act a regular role.
I say that as most of her other ventures were flawed, low budget or poor directing writing, this one should have a good director, and maybe some good writing.
(not including firefly or Tscc which were both good but odd roles)

2) I guess some kind of TV network?.......I figured that much, must be on cable, or it is a online channel.

3) 12, as written in my post above ... do you even care to read? scratch
dont be mean , I missed that.

About Continuum I checked the 5-0 site and eagles last post was april 22nd , so I dont think he even watched much after that.
You were posting to yourself ?
I at least watched all but last one and posted on most of them.

Now the one I stopped on was a nice ep, and if I watch the next one, I am starting something I cant continue until next year, so I would rather wait.
It will be as good then as it is now, and we can talk about it then, just as good as now.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Sequestered - General Discussion   Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:21 pm

T5000 wrote:
2) I guess some kind of TV network?.......I figured that much, must be on cable, or it is a online channel.

3) 12, as written in my post above ... do you even care to read?  scratch
dont be mean , I missed that.
Mean? What? Seriously?
Sorry, but you seem to miss something again ... lol!

--> "Crackle, the online network of Sony Pictures Television, announced ..." <--
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Sequestered - General Discussion   Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:51 pm

T5000 wrote:
About Continuum  I checked the 5-0 site and eagles last post was april 22nd , so I dont think he even watched much after that.
You were posting to yourself ?
I at least watched all but last one and posted on most of them.

Now the  one I stopped on was a nice ep, and if I watch the next one, I am starting something I cant continue until next year, so I would rather wait.
It will be as good then as it is now, and we can talk about it then, just as good as now.
Yeah, I obviously was talking to myself there. Eagle dropped it quite some time ago (I asked and he told me yesterday).
Maybe I actually should stop posting too. Probably looks silly to just talk to oneself. But I like Continuum that much, that right then I couldn't stop in the middle of season 3. Don't even know yet, if there will ever be a 4th season.
And yes, you posted on most of them, but only weeks after they had aired. So I usually had watched it at least twice and had already listened to the Liber8 podcast, which definitely is an awesome addition to the show. So the momentum to post was kind of gone.
BTW, do as you want of course, but if you start to watch Continuum after a year again with ep 3x13, don't you think that you will have forgotten most of the story by then??
Whatever, maybe your problem will be simply solved by the cancellation of Continuum ...
At last something to my current viewing situation. Until 13th July I was indeed distracted a bit by the FIFA Football World Cup. But now I realized that at the moment I don't have that much ambition to start new shows or new seasons of shows. Don't laugh, but honestly it's like I'm still "spoiled" by Continuum and PoI. I can't help but compare shows with the both and - no big surprise - nothing is a match for the two by far ... so ... I only finished Penny Dreadful (which I liked) and kind of "forced myself" to watch The Bridge S2, which was ok, but seemed to be lacking direction a bit and slow for the first two eps ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sequestered - General Discussion   Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:09 pm

you should try imdb boards for some continuum discussion.
each show there has quite a bit of posters of all types.
I started going there for shows like Bates motel, and turn, americans, and even poi.

I put the url for this site as my signature which I make a link with each post I make there, hoping to maybe get some new people here, so far nothing though lol.
If we just had 5 people here for any of the shows we like then it would be more fun here.

About continuum, I liked it up until the guy who was the leader blew up the building and himself.
To me that was where the show went wrong.
they have now gone with multiple time lines over the one time line which changes theory, and that too is a mistake .
Even the liber 8 guys were depressed and gave up!! Then they kill off the liber 8 girl who was pretty, and had been a main likable liber 8 member, another mistake.
If you look at your own charts ( at 5-0 lol ) of the time lines you should see how it is confusing and could be all jumbled up as it goes on.
I dont know what the ratings are for the show, it is canadian show,so they only have to please that one cable channel viewers.
So it depends on if they like the direction the story has gone.
I imagine the show will go for 5 seasons and have a ending.
The season just ended so dont expect to hear about season 4 order just yet, again this isnt a AMC show.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sequestered - General Discussion   Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:24 pm

here is link to the board for cont. bookmark this , as otherwise it is harder to get to it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1954347/board/threads/

There is another thread I read, try this
Why do people think this show is too confusing?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1954347/board/nest/230971817?ref_=tt_bd_4

one comment
There basically isn't any overall arc in this show now. From one episode to the next, it's loading up on plot developments and jumping around in service of nothing really. If we ran down the list of characters, I don't think we'd be able to settle on exactly what everyone is primarily trying to do. Nothing feels important.

with Continuum the characters are secondary to the plot.

Seems S-3 was not liked by many, so the direction they took and the story arc were mistakes.
But some there are like you and loved it and say it was not confusing or boring.
But I think just the 3 of us , you me and SE are a good example, Se blew off the show early in S-3
I lost interest, and you loved it , but the show lost 1/3 of us and 1/3 lost interest, that is 2/3 !

I think syfy ratings went down and they are saying they dont want S-4, but that doesnt mean it will be canceled as syfy was just buying it from showcase.
I will add that I saw no reason to kill off betty or sonya, and Carlos was just not the same this season.

I also think many fans felt about keira the way Carlos did, like the real kiera had been killed,
and now we have kiera #2.
might have been better to have had 2 kieras?
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sequestered - General Discussion   Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:36 pm

rating for syfy here maybe you can post into cont thread.
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/continuum-season-three-ratings-32328/

It seems there was a drop thru ep 6, then it went back up, but the big drop -42 % was from S-2 finale to S-3
premiere, which says to me many did not like the end of S-2, and did not watch S-3 at all.

I will predict right now though that it still gets a S-4 , lets see if I am right.
I would suggest they get back to a more S-1 type formula though, or just have the S-4 be the last with a ending.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sequestered - General Discussion   Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:24 pm

ok saw ep 1 and it is only 22 min long!! I find this a little strange.
It is one thing to lower budget or stretch a 6 ep show to 12 eps to get more $ ??
But 22 min is just too short, but for the twitter crowd, who knows they may love the 22 min or think it is too long.

Now about the show, this just got it set up, some question as to the guilt, and now someone is going way out of the way to get the guy convicted, so I think by that he is innocent.
Simmer is the one they pick to get others to vote guilty, which is going to be hard since they already know she think he is innocent, now she would have to do a reversal of that.
But anyway I will continue watching them , although due to the length, I may have to watch 2 at a time.

Overall a ok show and summer did good acting wise, and the jury is a good assortment of people.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sequestered - General Discussion   Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:51 pm

ok I just noticed 1st 6 eps are available so going to watch those.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sequestered - General Discussion   Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:20 pm

have seen thru # 5 and it is pretty good, bunch of stuff going on, but has kept me interested.
Just hope the other 6 are available soon.
23 min is short so you can knock these out rather quickly.
I will say this, there is no previously on scenes, or a theme song, both of which waste time on a regular show, so this show would be about 30 min if it had those 2 things.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Sequestered - General Discussion   Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:23 pm

T5000 wrote:
Just hope the other 6 are available soon.

Well, no offense, T5000, but if you read my posts, you'd know that it will last until sometime in October ...  Wink

--> "Crackle, the online network of Sony Pictures Television, announced that the first six episodes of original drama series “Sequesteredwill debut Aug. 5, holding the back half of the series until October. <--

I've seen the first ep and it was not a burner, but ok. Anyways, before I continue, I'll just wait for the second six eps in October, because I don't want to pause for two months with such an already very short series.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sequestered - General Discussion   Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:35 pm

I do read them I just forget stuff  Crying or Very sad 
Ok so no more till oct !! that is kinda silly

The show is much better than the first 2-3 eps would make you think.
Starts slow, plus the 1st 3 are only 69 min.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sequestered - General Discussion   Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:37 pm

also I am watching the tyrant show, on ep 6 now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sequestered - General Discussion   

Back to top Go down

Sequestered - General Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1