TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Orphan Black S02E08 "Variable And Full Of Perturbation"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

PostSubject: Orphan Black S02E08 "Variable And Full Of Perturbation"   Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:53 am

Season: 2 | Episode: 8 | Original Air Date: 7 June, 2014

A new player in the clone conspiracy turns up at Felix’s door, sending him into crisis mode. With Cosima running out of options, Sarah struggles with the decision to  surrender a crucial piece of leverage and make a deal with Dyad.

Source: BBC America
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Orphan Black S02E08 "Variable And Full Of Perturbation"   Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:06 am

rachel is looking good there, she is the one clone who stands out as different in looks, and then helena too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Orphan Black S02E08 "Variable And Full Of Perturbation"   Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:00 am

Ok about to get 208 will see it later tonight or sunday
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Orphan Black S02E08 "Variable And Full Of Perturbation"   Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:07 am

Well tony was a surprise, kinda weird?
the main thing here is the book kira pulled out at the end has the scientific notes , which could be a key, as that was the book ethan read to rachel.
Also they were bred to be barren.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Orphan Black S02E08 "Variable And Full Of Perturbation"   Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:40 pm

T5000 wrote:
Well tony was a surprise, kinda weird?
the main thing here is the book kira pulled out at the end has the scientific notes , which could be a key, as that was the book ethan read to rachel.
Also they were bred to be barren.
Ok, Tony wasn't just kinda weird. This new character simply didn't work at all for me. It (he/she) almost kinda ruined the whole ep for me.
It was the first time with Orphan Black that I was sort of glad that it was over. Luckily it seems, that as suddenly "Tony" popped up out of the blue, "he" already has disappeared just as quickly ... I really don't get it, why they wasted a lot of time with Tony instead of telling more about Helena's plot.
Maybe the showrunners had to deliver another message of tolerance?? Gay Felix, lesbian Cosima ... and now transsexual Tony??  Rolling Eyes

Now back to the important story. Rachel seems to turn out to be an actually dangerous character considering those outburst scenes and her reaction to her father, when she was told that she's barren by design.
And though the Alison/Donnie scenes were fun, I even expected a bit more about how they would get rid of Leekie's body, but hopefully we'll see more of that in the next ep(s).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Orphan Black S02E08 "Variable And Full Of Perturbation"   Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:55 am

Maybe the showrunners had to deliver another message of tolerance?? Gay Felix, lesbian Cosima ... and now transsexual Tony?? Rolling Eyes

Well maybe the showrunners are gay?? or they are just too english or canadian.
Felix is supposedly well like by the canadian's.

Truth is Cosima I never mention and find boring, and the whole lesbian thing I dont like having that in every show, so I have been FF thru their scenes, and felix gay scenes.
And the whole tony thing was a joke and sounds like something the english would do thinking it is hilarious.

They just sort of dropped helena since "she said take me to my babies" what 2 eps ago?

This show if done by a different group could have been really fantastic, as it is it is just cute or charming.

you know the guys who run grim are 2 gay guys. and they go out of their way to let people know they are gay.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Orphan Black S02E08 "Variable And Full Of Perturbation"   Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:34 pm

T5000 wrote:
1) Well maybe the showrunners are gay?? or they are just too english or canadian.
Felix is supposedly well like by the canadian's.

Truth is Cosima I never mention and find boring, and the whole lesbian thing  I dont like having that in every show, so I have been FF thru their scenes, and felix gay scenes.
And the whole tony thing was a joke and sounds like something the english would do thinking it is hilarious.

2) They just sort of dropped helena since "she said take me to my babies" what 2 eps ago?

This show if done by a different group could have been really fantastic, as it is it is just cute or charming.

3) you know the guys who run grim are 2 gay guys. and they go out of their way to let people know they are gay.
1) Sorry, T5000, but your "English thing" and to connect it with gay, lesbian or transsexual characters in TV ...  lol!
Actually it's the U.S. TV industry and Hollywood, who constantly shove down this political correctness down our throats (just one example: Modern Family). And it's your beloved "Yes, we scan!" Obama, who obviously doesn't have more important tasks than declaring June 2014 officially as "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month" (Presidential Proclamation) ... scratch  Rolling Eyes 

2) Yeah, no Helena in eps 2x07 and 2x08, but according to the preview she'll be in 2x09!   bounce 

3) No, I didn't know that. But at least they didn't use Grimm for any kind of messages in this context, as far as I can remember? So no problem for me in this case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orphan Black S02E08 "Variable And Full Of Perturbation"   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1