TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

tscc1000

Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes" Empty
PostSubject: Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes"   Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes" Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 6:38 pm

Continuum Season 3 Episode 07: "Waning Minutes" (Sunday, May 04, 2014 @ 09:00 PM ET/PT)

"Kiera crash lands her CPS flyer during a prisoner transport and is forced to work with her enemy captive in order to survive. In present day, the mystery of Kiera's murder is solved when Alec finds a way to recover the recording of her final moments from her CMR."

Source: Continuum at Showcase

Promo pics of S03E07:

Continuum Episode 307 "Waning Minutes" - Official Trailer

https://youtu.be/nNcaoW2xKYw

Sneak Peek: Continuum 307 "Waning Minutes"

https://youtu.be/jf84FB5D7RI
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes"   Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes" Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 2:56 pm

Ok, I know I'm repeating myself, but ep 3x07 was a fine one again. Almost the whole ep played in Kiera's future and I loved that. Cool to see something of Sonya's and Kagame's background.
Also it made sense, what Curtus said to Kiera a the beginning of the ep. Just like Jaworski did in the future ("even in a cage I'm freer than you'll ever be").
It seems that Kagame sacrificed the Gleaners to win Sonya. Over at reddit they mostly blamed Kagame for the strike on the Gleaners' camp. But I think, that's wrong. After all it was future Alec, who ordered the strike and he was exactly aware, that all the innocent would have been killed too.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes"   Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes" Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 3:08 pm

Liber8 - a Continuum podcast with Mike & Dave

Here's the podcast for Continuum episode 3x07 "Waning Minutes":

"It’s what you’ve all been waiting for! Waning Minutes is a flashback episode that gives us a flavor of the future like never before. Kiera’s awakening may be the most pivotal moment of the series, and we’re so excited to see what happens next. As you might imagine, our episode discussion ran quite long this week, so we’ll be publishing our listener feedback as a separate mini-podcast early next week. Feel free to contribute this weekend, and don’t forget to play our Continuum Closeup game!"

BONUS – Fan Feedback: Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes":

"Our latest podcast discussion ran a little long, so we decided to publish our listener feedback for this episode, Waning Minutes, as a separate podcast. Hear your fellow fans’ theories, thoughts, and questions that we do our best to answer! Got an idea of your own you’d like to share? Send us an email, record a message through your laptop, or call our hotline at 773-LIBER88 (773-542-3788)."

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes"   Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 10:46 am

tscc1000 wrote:
Ok, I know I'm repeating myself, but ep 3x07 was a fine one again. Almost the whole ep played in Kiera's future and I loved that. Cool to see something of Sonya's and Kagame's background.
Also it made sense, what Curtus said to Kiera a the beginning of the ep. Just like Jaworski did in the future ("even in a cage I'm freer than you'll ever be").
It seems that Kagame sacrificed the Gleaners to win Sonya. Over at reddit they mostly blamed Kagame for the strike on the Gleaners' camp. But I think, that's wrong. After all it was future Alec, who ordered the strike and he was exactly aware, that all the innocent would have been killed too.

Ok just saw this and it was very good, I usually dont like the future flashbacks.
Having kagame and the girl helped.
But Kagame was to blame and he knew what would happen is he put the blood on the apple.
Which to me was out of character for him, but he wanted the girl to enter the super soldier program as a doctor, so he was willing to get all those people killed.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes"   Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 1:03 pm

T5000 wrote:

Ok just  saw this and it was  very  good, I usually dont like the future flashbacks.
Well, practically it wasn't just a flashforward, but a whole future ep, so no wonder that you liked it ...  Wink 
Anyways, I for one don't mind flashforwards of flashbacks in TV shows at all. Quite the opposite. It's an excellent means to tell more than one story at the same time and or explain the motivation or the background of characters.
And Continuum does a very good job with the flashforwards imho. I'd like more of these future scenes, but obviously this isn't possible because of budget limitations.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes"   Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 1:20 pm

T5000 wrote:
But Kagame was to blame and he knew what would happen is he put the blood on the apple.
I still disagree. Of course it's kind of shady what Kagame did, but it was future Alec, who pulled the trigger and ordered the termination of the Gleaners explicitely without any mercy. If this was a case before a court, certainly Alec would be the one accused of murder of the Gleaners, definitely not Kagame.
If you followed the logic behind blaming Kagame, then you'd have to accuse resistance fighters in WW II, who attacked German troops (e. g. on the Balkans), of murder, because they absolutely were aware that the Germans would retaliate by shooting hostages. See?
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes"   Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes" Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 6:39 pm

tscc1000 wrote:
T5000 wrote:
I still disagree. Of course it's kind of shady what Kagame did, but it was future Alec, who pulled the trigger and ordered the termination of the Gleaners explicitely without any mercy. If this was a case before a court, certainly Alec would be the one accused of murder of the Gleaners, definitely not Kagame.
If you followed the logic behind blaming Kagame, then you'd have to accuse resistance fighters in WW II, who attacked German troops (e. g. on the Balkans), of murder, because they absolutely were aware that the Germans would retaliate by shooting hostages. See?

LOL well tscc not quite the same , but I do think the french resistance fighters were idiots, that got many people killed trying to play hero, especially in 41-43.

Now my question to u would be why did kagame put the blood on the apple??
And more weird is why did they analyze the blood? most would just throw that apple in the trash.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes"   Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes" Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 10:12 pm

T5000 wrote:

1) LOL well tscc not quite  the same , but I do think the french resistance fighters were idiots,  that got many people killed trying to play hero, especially in 41-43.

2) Now my question to u would be why did kagame put the blood on the apple??
And more  weird is why did they analyze the blood? most would just throw that apple in the trash.
1) First, I don't quite get the LOL with this topic, but anyways, an analogy never is "quite the same", that's why it's called an analogy. And in this case it's pretty close, so my point obviously still stands.
And it wasn't only the French resistance, it also happened a lot at the Balkans or in Russia, where they were rather called "partisans".
Back to my point. Despite you are right, that the actions of the resistance or the partisans triggered German brutal retaliation, which caused many dead innocent civilians, in a legal sense in the end I still hold those German troops responsible for the murders, who actually shot the hostages and burnt down whole villages out of revenge (even though weirdly to a certain extent such cruelties might have been tolerated by the international laws of war of that times, the Germans definitely mostly went far beyond that).

2) Well, future Alec clearly is the big (bad) player of his time, and he should have a lot of enemies then. As in any illiberal regime there always rules some kind of paranoia and fear of assassinations. So why should someone like future Alec just by food from anywhere and just eat it, only trusting that no one of Liber8 or anyone else, who might have big issues with him and his leadership, ever would try to poison him or send something with a deadly virus etc.? Kagame was absolutely aware that every food for Alec would be tested and analyzed, if it was an attempt on his life and who might be behind it. And Kagame obviously was the number one most wanted, so it was easy to draw the attention on him by his blood sample and have Alec make his predictable move, which with all it's brutality in the end could lead to Sonya finally joining Liber8.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes"   Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Continuum 3x07 "Waning Minutes"
Page 1 of 1