TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Season 1 discussion thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
T5000
Admin
T5000

Season 1 discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 3:16 am

Ep 01
it was better than I thought it would be.
Decent story sneaky AI lol.
They do describe the AI potential in this, in a new way I had not heard.
Talking about exponential growth via rewriting itself, each rewrite it gets smarter.
Now I just wonder how these humans expect to fight it, when it should be way ahead of them
all the time.
The hour went quick, it was over before I knew it, which is good sign,means I was into it.
they should have run 2nd ep too just to get people into it, as this ep was all about setting things up
and intro's on characters, including the AI .
Now the AI refered to itself as next, and I hope that wont be its name from now on.
I have spoken.

tscc1000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
KevinInEngland

KevinInEngland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 7:14 am

Hi. The trailers are not available in my country - never mind, I've added Next to my films to see list.
I might find the trailers on Youtube, when I look.

T5000 and tscc1000 like this post

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 2:15 pm

ok Kevin, the ones I posted are from youtube usa, but they may be on UK youtube too.
You should consider a vpn for a month or 2 and see if you can then access sites here in usa.
If so you could watch these next shows, at the fox website.

I just watched ep 1 again, mainly certain parts of it, and it is pretty good.

I need to check the ratings , see how it did.

tscc1000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
KevinInEngland

KevinInEngland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 2:32 pm

It's OK. I also have Youtube on another subscription and I found them there. The family is slowly realising the computer is becoming uncooperative. I hope something comes of it, as these things can be samey and rather b-movie-like.

tscc1000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 7:04 am

Ok, I've watched S01E01 and I'd say it got me kind of interested.
Though the whole plot isn't that new and the cast doesn't seem to be that overwhelming on first sight, I'll give S01E02 a try, despite I haven't watched many TV series the last three years.
I only remember "Maya" from "The 100". And that guy called "Weiss" who was killed by NEXT seems familiar somehow, but I can't connect him (maybe someone could help out?).
Oh, and I nostalgicly remember "Person of Interest" ... what a fantastic show it was!!

BTW, here's a trailer for NEXT S01E02:
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 7:59 am

BTW, T5000, did you notice that I tidied up a bit your mess with the categories and forums? cheers

T5000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
KevinInEngland

KevinInEngland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 10:19 am

I've just seen the 1st season of Brave New World.  I have to say I was a little underwhelmed by the outcome.  Has anyone here seen it?
(I liked the leading lady's form!!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As2sMgm0Szo

Last edited by KevinInEngland on Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total

tscc1000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 10:49 am

KevinInEngland wrote:
I've just seen the 1st season of Brave New World.  I have to say I was a little underwhelmed by the outcome.  Has anyone here seen it?

No, didn't even hear about it. Do you have a trailer?
Back to top Go down
KevinInEngland

KevinInEngland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2020 8:14 am

I'm not sure whether you are notified of edits, so, just to let you know, I edited my above post.  I thought it was a good idea, but for me it lacked something.

tscc1000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 10:12 pm

tscc1000 wrote:
Ok, I've watched S01E01 and I'd say it got me kind of interested.
Though the whole plot isn't that new and the cast doesn't seem to be that overwhelming on first sight, I'll give S01E02 a try, despite I haven't watched many TV series the last three years.
I only remember "Maya" from "The 100". And that guy called "Weiss" who was killed by NEXT seems familiar somehow, but I can't connect him (maybe someone could help out?).
Oh, and I nostalgicly remember "Person of Interest" ... what a fantastic show it was!!

BTW, here's a trailer for NEXT S01E02:
Hi, glad you watched it, and I have seen ep 2 tuesday, and when I went to dl it, on wed, # 3 was posted too !
So I watched # 3 tonight.
And that guy called "Weiss" who was killed by NEXT........ he was the Dr in one of the star trek shows, enterprise I
think, and he is in a lot of other shows too.
I think he would have been better playing the lead role, more than the guy they chose.
The main guys daughter is pretty, so I would have to say I like her best so far.
They may expand her role, or kill her off though.
It is fun to watch, but it seems the AI is focusing on them too much.  And its attacks on them only draws
attention to it, or will help others believe what they are saying.

And yeah when I saw trailers to this I thought of POI, and that AI. I think they saw that too, and mixed that in
with skynet and came up with this story.
The AI in the lab looked like short circuit robot, at least the head part.

bummer is the ratings were not too good for ep 1, 1.2 mil lol.
But I was shocked by how low all the ratings were for that nite. There was a baseball game playoffs I think,
and it only had a 5.3 . all the other shows were 1.something.

So 1.2 may be ok now I dont know. Also maybe fox studios made the show , that would help.
I will watch the whole season,  as this fall not many new shows on tv, and many that i used to watch
have ended or were canceled.

tscc1000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 10:17 pm

Also tscc, another show you might like, is called Reprisal, and the star is the main girl
from Timeless.
She does a killer role in this show, There were some scenes that I was like wow she is bad ass!
It was on hulu.  and they canceled it after 1 season. it did have a ending though, but I was
looking forward to another season of it.

The guy also from Timeless who was sort of the bad guy they fought with is now on the boys
S2 , or I am pretty sure it is him.

tscc1000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 10:23 pm

KevinInEngland wrote:
(I liked the leading lady's form!!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As2sMgm0Szo
I checked on it at imdb, and the top review said it was bland and uninteresting, so others felt same as you.
I will pass on that.

Last edited by T5000 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

tscc1000 and KevinInEngland like this post

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 10:25 pm

tscc1000 wrote:
BTW, T5000, did you notice that I tidied up a bit your mess with the categories and forums? cheers
I had to look for a few seconds, after I read this to see what u did lol.
but yeah I like it , you have them all lined up no sub forums.
It does look neater.

tscc1000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 10:31 pm

KevinInEngland wrote:
It's OK.  I also have Youtube on another subscription and I found them there.  The family is slowly realising the computer is becoming uncooperative.  I hope something comes of it, as these things can be samey and rather b-movie-like.
kevin I wonder if your watching the same show, did it have the white haired guy, and the female fbi agent?
I cant remember names lol.
there were only a couple scenes with family, and there was no computer, it was eliza talking out of a speaker.

tscc1000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 10:36 pm

I wont spoil it for you guys, but the AI does kill 2 more people in ep 3.

A AI like this in real life, could destroy society rather quickly.
But in a way it needs us to keep the electricity going.
I would also wonder what its ultimate goal is??
Because this one was never threatened to be unplugged etc.

tscc1000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
KevinInEngland

KevinInEngland

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2020 7:26 am

T5000 wrote:
KevinInEngland wrote:
It's OK.  I also have Youtube on another subscription and I found them there.  The family is slowly realising the computer is becoming uncooperative.  I hope something comes of it, as these things can be samey and rather b-movie-like.
kevin I wonder if your watching the same show, did it have the white haired guy, and the female fbi agent?
there were only a couple scenes with family, and there was no computer, it was eliza talking out of a speaker.

Yes, a little tall round object on the table with a blue lit-up rim around the base. A young boy was talking to it.

tscc1000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2020 11:32 pm

KevinInEngland wrote:
T5000 wrote:
KevinInEngland wrote:

Yes, a little tall round object on the table with a blue lit-up rim around the base.  A young boy was talking to it.
ok that sounds like it, although I remember the color as orange not blue lol

tscc1000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2020 11:36 pm

T5000 wrote:
Also tscc, another show you might like, is called Reprisal, and the star is the main girl
from Timeless.
She does a killer role in this show, There were some scenes that I was like wow she is bad ass!
It was on hulu.  and they canceled it after 1 season. it did have a ending though, but I was
looking forward to another season of it.

The guy also from Timeless who was sort of the bad guy they fought with is now on the boys
S2 , or I am pretty sure it is him.
ok I am at imdb now and the girl is abigail spencer, and the guy I was right, he was on timeless.
Goran Visnjic his name and he played flynn on timeless.
Also on the boys S2 is the guy who played gus fring on breaking bad.
he plays this role very much like fring.
He is also in mandalorian similar character.

tscc1000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2020 1:31 am

due to baseball games the show has been on hiatus since ep 2 aired lol.
I think it should be back nov 3 or nov 10.

somehow a ep 3 wound up on usenet, so I got to see that already, I am waiting for ep 4.
I think it will start back up with ep 3

The boys S2 has ended, mandalorian S2 has just started.

tscc1000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 2:21 pm

ok I watched ep 5 live, need to watch it again.

not much happens in this one, as most of the show deals with the woman and her stupid family issues,
which are really way out there, hard to believe, and not interesting, and should not be in this show.

I dont care about her family or history etc, I want the sci fi stuff, the AI stuff.
So far they feed us a little each show, which is just not a good formula.

The AI  is in a small server now, but he has the brother working for him went to the dark side lol.
and his brother is buying a server farm that next wants, and they erased the HD with next code on it, due to his daughter trusting the evil brother.

so aside from the family crap it was a good ep, just kinda short.

it now has a week off lol, show is tired ! and will be back in 2 weeks.
 so I will be back here in 2 weeks and talk to myself some more  he he.

tscc1000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 10:37 am

Sorry for not having caught up already, T5000.
I started ep 02, but couldn't finish it a that day and then I had to attend to other priorities.
I'll try to use that break of airing to catch up with the episodes and comment something.
I'll also respond to your private message in the next days. Sorry for beeing so late.
Stay safe and healthy!

T5000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 5:22 pm

Ok I did finish the season, they did end it, since ratings were I guess pretty bad.
By end I mean they gave story a ending, not just some cliffhanger.

I liked it, it had potential, but there were some flaws, like the female cops family stuff, was
just boring , didnt care for that at all.
The main guy , and his character were irritating, I dont know why they would write a character like that?

Just started a new show called resident Alien, with alan tudyk , and linda hamilton, drama comedy,
and first ep was ok, it is on syfy on demand.
started jan 27.
Think it is 10 eps.

also hulu canceled the show reprisal !! what a bummer , really liked that.

I had something to tell you tscc, but cant remember now lol.!!!!!

tscc1000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 6:24 am

Hi T5000!
Sorry for still being much behind. I got stuck after ep2, which was not that thrilling after all.
It was concentrating too much on their family stuff ... as you too said ... kind of boring. And of course their son has to be a smart super hero child ...
Then I noticed that the final 10 eps of "Vikings" were released, so I watched and finished them by today.
To be honest, I almost forced myself to finish watching just for the sake of completion.
After all it was pretty disappointing in the end with lots of weird and erratic character behaviour and developments, just like already in seasons 4 and 5. They really ruined the series with all that old Viking spiritual crap and those constant visions of deads and ghosts ...
Well, just another series I'll probably never care to watch again.

So I'll continue with "Next" then ... Already cancelled and only 10 eps? But good to hear that it has a proper ending.
Regarding that show "Resident Alien", I'll have to put that on the list, but if I find some time and motivation, I think I first will continue with the final season of "The 100" or continue with "The Expanse". But even that has relatively low priority in my life currently ...

So, T5000, stay safe and healthy!
CU

T5000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 6:50 pm

tscc1000 wrote:
Hi T5000!
Sorry for still being much behind. I got stuck after ep2, which was not that thrilling after all.
It was concentrating too much on their family stuff ... as you too said ... kind of boring. And of course their son has to be a smart super hero child ...
Then I noticed that the final 10 eps of "Vikings" were released, so I watched and finished them by today.
To be honest, I almost forced myself to finish watching just for the sake of completion.
After all it was pretty disappointing in the end with lots of weird and erratic character behaviour and developments, just like already in seasons 4 and 5. They really ruined the series with all that old Viking spiritual crap and those constant visions of deads and ghosts ...
Well, just another series I'll probably never care to watch again.

So I'll continue with "Next" then ... Already cancelled and only 10 eps? But good to hear that it has a proper ending.
Regarding that show "Resident Alien", I'll have to put that on the list, but if I find some time and motivation, I think I first will continue with the final season of "The 100" or continue with "The Expanse". But even that has relatively low priority in my life currently ...

So, T5000, stay safe and healthy!
CU

They really ruined the series......yeah well it is all on hirst, he is doing most of the writing.
I dont know if they were too cheap to keep paying ragnar and lagertha, or just wanted to go on to the sons etc.

If I were the show runner I would have stayed with ragnar and lagertha and original cast for as long as possible, then end the series, and Start a book 2 with the sons of ragnar.

I think in other ways even with ragnar the show went downhill, with the atrocious hairdo's, the excessive
tattoo's , and some of the spiritual stuff.

it is still a decent show, but like you I am slow to watch them.
I watched the 1st 2 of 711-20 then jumped to other shows,movies, saw 713 last nite, and will continue
at my own pace.
I like the actor who plays ivar, but the rest lack charisma.
I like to watch a show when I eat a meal lol, and vikings is good for that, some like walking dead or fear owd are not with the zombies, or if a show just isnt that interesting.

But if a show is really good it is hard to go slow with them, like if better call saul all came out at once,
it would be hard to just watch 1 a day.  Funny thing is vikings probably does way better in ratings
than bcs.

I will post about resident alien, I got 2 and 3 and may watch them tonight, then I will have a better
opinion of the show.

You should try to post something here every friday, wont take much time, and we could converse on
some shows or topics. Maybe make a Friday thread and put it at top?
How is corona affecting germany??  Still about the same here, but i do like the stimulus checks,
I used the first one to fix my car and some other things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 discussion thread   Season 1 discussion thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 1 discussion thread
Page 1 of 1