TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Homeland Episode 3x12 "The Star" Dec 15th 2013

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
T5000
Admin
T5000

Homeland Episode 3x12 "The Star" Dec 15th 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeland Episode 3x12 "The Star" Dec 15th 2013   Homeland Episode 3x12 "The Star" Dec 15th 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 5:23 pm

But how they killed off Brody was just disgusting. He could have died in many ways, but like this???

Ok I thought this is what made you mad, and I felt the same way!
Hanging him from a crane in a primitive fashion!
Also the govt betrays him after he does what they want.

Sure it is realistic, but here is my philosophy on that:
This is a "fantasy" tv show people watch fantasy to escape reality!!
So why in a fantasy show then force the reality we are escaping back on us??!!
This is why I favor happy endings, If I want reality I will watch 60 minutes or dateline, or the news!
I watch fantasy to enjoy myself, not torture or depress myself.

These show runners and writers tend to thin of themselves as artists and they are creating art, and it has to be this way or that way.
They forget their main job is to entertain and make people happy ! ( not sad)

Now one Idea I had for a good ending, was they bring brody out with a hood on and hang him.
Carries sees it , and she and we think it is him.
Turns out it was a double, someone that would look like him with a hood on.
Then later he is smuggled out with Carrie to USA where he has to remain hidden , or it would expose the plant in Iran.
After that he and Carrie go to Canada, to live in a remote small town and have their kid.
The show ends.

then next season you could have the Iran guy get killed by someone who didnt like the way he was running things, so then Brody could be recognized as a hero, and he goes to work for the CIA with carrie, and new missions occur.

Now to me that is much better than the crap they served up and you would then have a better S-4.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Homeland Episode 3x12 "The Star" Dec 15th 2013   Homeland Episode 3x12 "The Star" Dec 15th 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 8:42 pm

Well, it feels like I'm actually done with Homeland. I probably could have lived with the whole story around Saul's Iran plan despite it was beyond ridiculous. But how they killed off Brody was just disgusting. He could have died in many ways, but like this???
And how he was betrayed by the "good guys" of the CIA ... also disgusting ... but that sadly is pretty realistic, it's how it works ... I don't know, but right now, I'm just fed up watching stuff about those uncontrollable agencies playing God and pretending to want our best, knowing obviously no one can actually control them anymore ... damn it ....
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Homeland Episode 3x12 "The Star" Dec 15th 2013   Homeland Episode 3x12 "The Star" Dec 15th 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 3:53 pm

Homeland Episode 3x12 "The Star" Dec 15th 2013 Homeland_51aa515f3ea2a_edit_x
I find it odd yet american, that
1. the sole survivor is a woman
2. She is now the star of the show, the "smart " one
3. she is bi polar occasional slut who is does not want her baby, which is from the one guy she loved.
4.Amazing that the show runner will think people will keep watching after the way they killed off Brody,
who was the true hero of the series.
Since brody was killed off, that is the reason for Dana and her mom to not be on the show as regulars.
Without brody they become meaningless.
although it might be good to see dana find out what really happened and become a enemy??
Have her be really smart ( she is a woman ! LOL) and have her out to kill the new director.
I would watch that.
As it is it is just psycho mom carrie running a team, and really she is more effective on screen as a team member not a boss.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Homeland Episode 3x12 "The Star" Dec 15th 2013   Homeland Episode 3x12 "The Star" Dec 15th 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 4:31 pm

I went over h50 and to see what SE said about it and he thought it was a great and fitting ending!
Tragic character!,.. thing is I dont watch these shows to see a reality that is sad and harsh, enough of that in real life.
Some like it some dont, you know me the happy ending guy.
And then you also have to look at the way he died, better if he were shot and instantly died.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Homeland Episode 3x12 "The Star" Dec 15th 2013   Homeland Episode 3x12 "The Star" Dec 15th 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 4:22 pm

tscc1000 wrote:
"On the eve of the Showtime hit’s Season 3 finale, TVLine has learned exclusively that original castmembers Morena Baccarin and Morgan Saylor will not be back as series regulars in Season 4."

Source: http://tvline.com/2013/12/13/homeland-season-4-cast-jessica-dana-leaving/

Well, no wonder .... but anyways I don't care any longer ... I'm done with Homeland ... :-((

i had the same thought Tscc!

they are rebooting it so only carrie goes forward.

I see it is based on a Israeli story or series, so maybe they just followed that.
I think also they knew not what to do with brody going onward, or felt this was a good ending Question  Question  lol! 
The guy is such a great actor, a good show runner would find a way to keep him in the show, maybe as a secret op for CIa and him and carrie then work as a team , how awesome would that be?

A lot of these writers create something I like, create ingenious characters, and then dont know what to do with them,
or at least I dont like what they do with them.
There is also a tendency to kill them off as if that somehow makes for great ending.
the one thing I can say about BB is at least walt went out in style, and in the lab he was fond of.

As for me getting into another season of Homeland, right now it seems undesirable, but I figure they will add new characters, actors, and have a good story, but even still how can you watch the show and not be reminded of brody and how he died?
Then the no star thing is so realistic, if it isnt politically correct it doesnt happen, and if it is PC then they get a star regardless of what they did.
To me what brody did was amazing, and he deserved to be rescued, not betrayed.
I was thinking with the open borders, better off trying to get through on you own rather than wait for the helicopters or even tell them where you are at.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Homeland Episode 3x12 "The Star" Dec 15th 2013   Homeland Episode 3x12 "The Star" Dec 15th 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 8:38 pm

"On the eve of the Showtime hit’s Season 3 finale, TVLine has learned exclusively that original castmembers Morena Baccarin and Morgan Saylor will not be back as series regulars in Season 4."

Source: http://tvline.com/2013/12/13/homeland-season-4-cast-jessica-dana-leaving/

Well, no wonder .... but anyways I don't care any longer ... I'm done with Homeland ... :-((
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Homeland Episode 3x12 "The Star" Dec 15th 2013   Homeland Episode 3x12 "The Star" Dec 15th 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:43 pm

Homeland S03E12 "The Star"
Sun, Dez 15, 9:00 PM ET/PT on SHOWTIME HD

"Saul plans a rescue as Brody struggles to find redemption. Season finale."

Homeland Season 3: Next on Episode 12

https://youtu.be/HSxfmqIUbcE

Imho the preview video really seems to imply Brody's death ... d­amn ... :-(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homeland Episode 3x12 "The Star" Dec 15th 2013   Homeland Episode 3x12 "The Star" Dec 15th 2013 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homeland Episode 3x12 "The Star" Dec 15th 2013
Page 1 of 1