TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

tscc1000

Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father) Empty
PostSubject: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:38 pm

HAWAII FIVE-0
Air Date: Friday, December 13, 2013
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#410) "Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father)"

"*Ho' onani Makuakane" - The attempted murder of a Pearl Harbor veteran leads Five-0 to use decades old evidence to investigate a deadly crime committed within the internment camps on Oahu during World War II, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Dec. 13 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on CBS.

Scenes Filmed at the Historic Battleship Missouri Memorial and Outside the USS Arizona Memorial.
Actual World War II Veterans Were Extras in the Filming of a Remembrance Ceremony at The Battleship Missouri Memorial

(*Ho' onani Makuakane is Hawaiian for "Honor Thy Father")

SERIES REGULARS:

Alex O'Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny "Danno" Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Michelle Borth (Catherine Rollins)

RECURRING CAST:

Brian Yang (Charlie Fong)

GUEST CAST:

Jack Axelrod (Ezra Clark)
James Saito (David Toriyama)
Hira Ambrosino (Martha Toriyama)
Arnold Chun (James Toriyama)
Joshua Macy (Soldier #1)
Donovan Smith (Soldier #2)
Jared Broxterman (Soldier #3)
Eric Manke (Thomas Archer)
Miki Asahi (Linda)
Jarod Einsohn (Young Ezra Clark)
Gaelen Lowers (Fed #1)
Jason New (Fed #2)
Chuck McCollum (Admiral)
Marshall Magnan (Soldier)
Mary Gutzi (Dawn Rigby Burnette)
Conrad Pratt (Kenji Toriyama)
Luke Hagi (Young David Toriyama)

WRITTEN BY: Peter Lenkov and Ken Solarz

DIRECTED BY: Larry Teng

Source: CBS | TheFutonCritic.com
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:39 pm

Here are the promo pics for ep 4x10:

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:40 pm

Hawaii Five-0 - Ho' onani Makuakane (Preview)

https://youtu.be/AZLrhjenH1E

Hawaii Five-0 - Ho' onani Makuakane (Sneak Peek)

https://youtu.be/T5T5R9LsjYI

This might be a good ep, I just hope it won't be dripping with too much pathos ...
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 5:51 pm

What is pathos??
I like that it shows some WWII stuff so I guess I have to watch this one.
Have you seen the docementary series nasi megastructures? it is pretty cool, Atlantic wall, The u boat pens , V-2's, and the last one was super tanks. The mouse was really bizarre.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 7:09 pm

T5000 wrote:
1) What is pathos??
I  like that it shows some WWII stuff so I guess I have to watch this one.

2) Have you seen the docementary series nasi megastructures? it is pretty cool, Atlantic wall, The u boat pens , V-2's, and the last one was super tanks. The mouse was really bizarre.
1)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathos

2) No, I haven't. But I already know that stuff well enough. And WW II tanks are kind of a hobby of mine, so of course I know the Maus, which was total nonsense.
But have a look at these ...

Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 11:53 pm

So there are some actual WWII tiger tanks in working order!
did not know that.
I also thought they were diesel powered.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 10:46 am

tscc1000 wrote:
This might be a good ep, I just hope it won't be dripping with too much pathos ...

Ok, so as expected they of course couldn't resist to use a lot of pathos, but I guess it's impossible to deal with the WW II topic without at least some of it.
Nevertheless, dispite that I liked the episode (maybe I'm already in pre Christmas mood). Telling the story in the 40s by flashbacks was a welcome variation to the usual cases of the week.
Also I want to point out that it was interesting, that they didn't ignore the very bad treatment for Japanese Americans after the attack on Pearl Harbour in December 1941.
What was surprising here, that obviously many of those Japanese U.S. citizens even "thanked" for the bad treatment by enlisting to the army and becoming cannon fodder. I'm not sure if that would be my reaction to such an unjust treatment ... whatever ... I'm just glad that I never had to be in such circumstances ...

BTW, Cath didn't have an important role, but ... she looked great ... perfect eye candy .... ;-))
Back to top Go down
webruce

webruce

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 2:46 pm

The flashbacks to Pearl Harbor were nice. Cinetone and all. Them taking David Toriyama to the site of the internment camp and finding it all shambles was sad. They should have preserved it as a Museum or at the very least a plaque or something. Nice that David was a Korean vet. The sentence of, "No treason by any Japanese American," was a good thing by David. Also was a nice thing to hear General Douglas MacArthur sited him. I am reading MacArthurs auto biography.

It was nice they had no shooting or fighting for a change. They need those once in a while. Steve in his dress whites always looks good. Surprised Catherine wasn't in hers?

No Kono, but being away it doesn't have to happen every week. Danno was playing the Chin role this week. Only in on part of the action. But very nice to see lots of Chin. And his little talk with David was great. My son said "isn't he Korean?", and Chin told David when he asked that he had a little Korean and a little Hawaiian/Japanese, very nice.

Danny saying that Steven is a big softie and becoming a human being was funny.

Then they had to dig up James body to get the bullet to match the gun, I figured it would take CSI and along time to be able to exhume him, and match the bullet to the probably rusty gun. But ofcourse not. After they discover that deceased Albert Archer killed James Triyama to get the sword. I worried he had sold it. But his grandson Thomas had it. Nice he gave it back with no problems.

Is there really an old bunker with all those files in it? Then they should be taken and protected, better!  The George Rigby mystery was good to. Having the report half eaten.

The big hand shake and apology from David to Ezra Clark was nice. Also by the Arizona Memorial where David gave Steve the ball mitt that was given him from his grandpa Steven McGarrett was nice, and the big hug after, too. Brought tears. Was a good episode!
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 10:10 pm

I liked the ep, the wwII scenes were well done, and it was a different type show.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:27 pm

T5000 wrote:
So there are some actual WWII  tiger tanks in working order!
did not know that.
I also thought they were diesel powered.
There are also Panther and Jagdpanther out there ....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father)   Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 4.10 :: Ho' onani Makuakane (Honor Thy Father)
Page 1 of 1