TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

tscc1000

The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016 Empty
PostSubject: The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016   The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 5:03 pm

The Walking Dead
(#707) Sing Me a Song
04/12/16 (Su.)
9:00 PM
AMC

"A further peek into the Sanctuary."

The Walking Dead: Next on: 'Sing Me a Song' Ep. 707

The Walking Dead: Next on: 'Sing Me a Song' Ep. 707

The Walking Dead: 'Michonne on the Road' Official Sneak Peek Ep. 707

The Walking Dead: 'Michonne on the Road' Official Sneak Peek Ep. 707
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016   The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 7:36 pm

ok not reading, I watched 1st of it, and had to go to bed, so will watch rest tonight.
This was like the comic alot SE, Carl is such a lame character, wish they would just kill him off.

This was about as dumb as it gets, he goes there to kill negan, has a machine gun and a clear
shot but doesnt take it !!!!!!!!!!! what?? well he is retarded so.....
Was he even thinking he could shoot him and get away, or was it kami kazi ?? or just he didnt think
that far ahead lol.

Then negan likes him ?? lol ok he likes dumb kids, who are more dumb than brave?? guess so.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016   The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 1:41 am

T5000 wrote:
ok not reading, I watched 1st of it, and had to go to bed, so will watch rest tonight.
This was like the comic alot SE, Carl is such a lame character, wish they would just kill him off.

This was about as dumb as it gets, he goes there to kill negan, has a machine gun and a clear
shot but doesnt take it !!!!!!!!!!! what?? well he is retarded so.....
Was he even thinking he could shoot him and get away, or was it kami kazi ?? or just he didnt think
that far ahead lol.

Then negan likes him ?? lol  ok he likes dumb kids, who are more dumb than brave?? guess so.

Yeah, it's pretty close to the comic from what I remember. Seems like they're making some minor changes here and there to keep some of the other characters active in the plot. It was a decent ep. It moved further along than some people think based on some of the complaints I've read. This part of the comic is pretty grinding, IMO. You can definitely see a tiny spark of resistance starting to take shape.

One of the differences from the show and comic is that Carl looks a lot younger in the comic at this point. In the comic, he's not aged up until later. So, he was like a little kid who almost killed Negan in the comic. It doesn't work as well in the TV show because the actor has aged a lot, and his mind would naturally be developed enough to think that was an insane plan.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016   The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 8:45 am

This was my favorite episode of the season, Jeffery Dean Morgan is perfect as Negan, next week we should see some "guts".
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016   The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 1:17 am

Carl was behind negan with the bat, why not just give him a head shot,?? that was why he came there.
But he is different, and jdm does a good job with the over the top role.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016   The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 2:18 am

negans character is illogical, he is like a modern day nero, and he has no friends, no one that cares about him, in fact most probably hate him.
you cant take someones wife, or kill their good friend etc, and expect them to be loyal to you.
Or expect them to be afraid and not at some point attempt to kill you.

Nero was killed by his own bodyguards, even they were sick of him.

A guy like negan wouldnt last long in real world.
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016   The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 10:40 am

No, he wouldn't, I'd kill him in his sleep
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016   The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 12:24 pm

T5000 wrote:
negans character is illogical, he is like a modern day nero, and he has no friends, no one that cares about him, in fact most probably hate him.
you cant take someones wife, or kill their good friend etc, and expect them to be loyal to you.

He's more like a cult leader. There's some like Negan were they steal their followers' wealth and wives and setup this system of privilege. It's just usually set up around some quasi religious belief or ideology in a commune.

Look at Jim Jones and the Peoples Temple. The guy had a small army of armed soldiers and killed a U.S. Congressmen. Followers were forced to do labor and live in the commune. He forced over 900 followers to kill themselves with cyanide laced Cool Aid (which is were that saying "drinking the cool aid" comes from). His own son turned against him at the end and survived. Jones himself wouldn't drink the cool aid, and those closest to him made sure he did.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016   The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 6:13 am

SurfingEagle wrote:
T5000 wrote:

He's more like a cult leader. There's some like Negan were they steal their followers' wealth and wives and setup this system of privilege. It's just usually set up around some quasi religious belief or ideology in a commune.

Look at Jim Jones and the Peoples Temple. The guy had a small army of armed soldiers and killed a U.S. Congressmen. Followers were forced to do labor and live in the commune. He forced over 900 followers to kill themselves with cyanide laced Cool Aid (which is were that saying "drinking the cool aid" comes from). His own son turned against him at the end and survived. Jones himself wouldn't drink the cool aid, and those closest to him made sure he did.

Yes but in a cult they initially JOIN and think highly of the leader.
That may change later, but then it is too late.

Negan tends to force people to join him out of fear of what he will do if they dont.
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016   The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 11:38 am

T5000 wrote:
SurfingEagle wrote:
T5000 wrote:

Yes but in a cult they initially JOIN and think highly of the leader.
That may change later, but then it is too late.

Negan tends to force people to join him out of fear of what he will do if they dont.

OK well you could say Negan is also like a modern day warlord in some third world region. Terrorist groups and drug cartels do this as well - join us, fight for us, and get some reward or alternatively die and your whole family dies with you. They take conscripts when available. Tax others.

With cults, there's also a lot of brainwashing such as the ideology is beyond question and the leader is beyond question. So, they have that "we are all Negan" BS which is not fitting, IMO. But that's what the show added.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016   The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 3:03 am

yeah they combined cult and warlord with negan.
That is a good point about the warlord.
But as a rule the warlords never put themselves at risk like negan does.
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016   The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 2:33 pm

T5000 wrote:
yeah they combined cult and warlord with negan.
That is a good point about the warlord.
But as a rule the warlords never put themselves at risk like negan does.

Well Negan has to take some risks to his safety sometimes to show he's not afraid, or else that would signal weakness and invite a challenge from within.

But you know Negan must be presented with some major flaw (contrived or not) in his character or flaw in his system of doing things, or the status of everyone else will never change.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016   The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2016 2:48 am

Well did he not go to ricks place alone and with just carl??
That is not smart at all.
It should be that he has a superloyal core group who would avenge his death, then it would
all make more sense.
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016   The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2016 6:03 pm

T5000 wrote:
Well did he not go to ricks place alone and with just carl??
That is not smart at all.
It should be that he has a superloyal core group who would avenge his death, then it would
all make more sense.

He did... Neutral

Rarely are you going to see a real chess game between characters that's completely logical. Things usually happen because someone did something obviously stupid or out of character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016   The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead Episode 7x07 "Sing Me a Song" December 04, 2016
Page 1 of 1