TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Westworld Season 1 General Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:51 pm

KevinInEngland wrote:

Regarding your above conversations guys, this story must be set well in to the future. ...
Yeah, regarding the pictures Bernard showed to that host, at least that city skyline looked pretty futuristic.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:59 pm

HBO has renewed Westworld for a second season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbseUaKGBo4

Very good news  cheers ... but that's going to be a damn long wait ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinInEngland

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:25 pm

Actually, now that you mention it. The repair lab technicians etc. need to be sure that all the hosts are actually off-line. As far as I know, they can do it 2 ways. Either by command, or whatever liquid was syringed in to Maeve's neck when she wandered.
That to me was strange, was it a liquid that can evaporate quickly and also have the effect of shorting out her main CPU?
Anyway, like what was said in the interview, a lot of this is for us to decide and talk about.

I've got to wait another day for Westworld over here (Tuesday), so I'll ignore the above post until then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:43 pm

SurfingEagle wrote:
tscc1000 wrote:

Where did you get the number 17 from?

From t5000's post Laughing

Perhaps, I invalidly assumed he was talking about the same number as me. But if it's not 17, then what number is still in rotation? Not that the number is probably important.

laughing at me huh ? Evil or Very Mad lol I just guessed at a number he he

Not that the number is probably important....... you know how the germans are with being efficient ! lol!
Just kidding tscc.

just saw ep 7 and it was probably the best ep so far.

I wondered when bernard said what door, and thought hmmm could he be?
But unlike mr tscc, I wasnt sure till later when they were talking.

but some reveals, like delores was the prototype, and ford does love his kingdom, and has shown some caring
for the hosts.
he didnt seem to like seeing the one girl beaten.

The plot thickens, and it is a well done show.
Hopkins is perfect for his role, and adds so much to the show.

Maveve is getting interesting and could go terminator at some point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:03 pm

T5000 wrote:
SurfingEagle wrote:
tscc1000 wrote:

Perhaps, I invalidly assumed he was talking about the same number as me. But if it's not 17, then what number is still in rotation? Not that the number is probably important.

laughing at me huh ? Evil or Very Mad  lol I  just guessed at a number he he

Not that the number is probably important....... you know how the germans are with being efficient ! lol!
Just kidding tscc.
scratch Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:59 am

tscc1000 wrote:
SurfingEagle wrote:

- Bernard is a relatively new employee and his mentoring Dolores could not be happening 30 years ago in a William/Dolores arc. (rev: OK, technically this is possible given the reveal in ep 7 but still not likely)
I like how you already edited the "employee" ... Wink
Ep 1x07 was awesome. Though there was already brought up the possibility that Bernard could be a host, it still was very well done, when Ford made his move with him. I was sure the second Bernard asked Theresa "What door?" ... And Ford clearly did warn her not to get into his way.
Well, Ford "just wants to tell his stories", why do they have to mess with him ... the company's greed will be their doom. Ford is ready to defend his world by any means and Theresa obviously wasn't the company's first failed try to get rid of him.
BTW, it was practically again confirmed that at least in Westworld's present the hosts are created by some kind of 3D rendering. Ford's secret little facility would need a few days for one host, whereas at the big base they are much faster at it.
Maybe Ford could render a "Theresa" host to cover up his murder?
I absolutely can't wait for the next ep now ... what an exciting and well done show! bounce

I thought you hated killing off characters for purposes of drama and shock effect like in umm... GoT and TWD Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:16 pm

Theresa was not a well liked character, or long term, so she was easily expendable.

and ford may well make a dupe of her so they dont know she is gone, and she like
bernard would do his bidding.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:20 pm

tscc1000 wrote:
T5000 wrote:
SurfingEagle wrote:
tscc1000 wrote:

Just kidding tscc.
scratch Question
what do you not get ?
the one is about you getting the actual # of hosts "efficient"
me I just threw a # out there, I did think it was around 17.
main thing is we know there are some out there.
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:35 pm

T5000 wrote:

Hmm, more like laughing at both of us for propagating most likely inaccurate information Wink

----------

It was a decent ep. I never saw any clue that Bernard was synthetic until he missed the door. I don't know what to call him because he's more like chief of operations and not exactly a host. That leads me to think that most if not all of the lower workers (Maeve's technicians) are also synthetic but don't realize it like Bernard. They pretty much never leave, so it seems, but think they have a life outside Westworld. Same as Bernard.

Also, the corporate rep lady was Ford's creation most likely because he used the same words as she did "there needs to be a blood sacrifice". Theresa recognized the line and knew she was in real trouble at that point. So, that's a big clue, IMO, that Ford staged the whole scenario and demonstration with Clementine Pennyfeather (what a name, BTW). So, all that was retaliation because Theresa was stealing secrets. That still leaves them with finding the person(s) planting the devices in hosts.

The diagram Theresa looked at said Dolores was a prototype. She looks pretty cybernetic to me based on that drawing. Most of her inner anatomy looks mechanical.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:20 pm

T5000 wrote:

and ford may well make a dupe of her  so they dont know she is gone, and she like
bernard would do his bidding.

True. He may have already replaced a lot of real people with hosts that live in the real world.

This thing could get complicated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:44 pm

SurfingEagle wrote:

True. He may have already replaced a lot of real people with hosts that live in the real world.

This thing could get complicated.
Absolutely ...
With hosts as sophisticated as Bernard, who knows if even Ford is human any longer. He might as well already have created a duplicate of himself or be the creation of Arnold. Regarding how he has explained several times now that he doesn't like humans and that only the hosts are kind of free ... "under his control" ... well, a lot is possible ... my mind starts spinning ...
And I think you might be right about at least some of the technicians being hosts. It would make perfect sense for Ford to eliminate as many risks as possible of being spied about his AI code and software. As he confirmed and actually bragged about to Theresa, the company already failed several times to get the code and rid of him, so the more "unregistered" hosts the better for him to keep it under control.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:51 pm

SurfingEagle wrote:

Also, the corporate rep lady was Ford's creation most likely because he used the same words as she did "there needs to be a blood sacrifice". Theresa recognized the line and knew she was in real trouble at that point. So, that's a big clue, IMO, that Ford staged the whole scenario and demonstration with Clementine Pennyfeather (what a name, BTW). So, all that was retaliation because Theresa was stealing secrets. That still leaves them with finding the person(s) planting the devices in hosts.
Hm, yeah, sounds pretty much possible. I didn't think of it during watching, but actually using those same words really looks like more than just a coincidence ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:54 pm

tscc1000 wrote:

I like how you already edited the "employee" ... Wink

Why?  scratch

Just came into the thread next day to make a new post. Saw that post and edited it because that logic was no longer valid. Realized that I didn't have time to make a new post. Made new post later next day.

Sorry, if I was being "inefficient" Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:30 pm

T5000 wrote:

what do you not get ?
Well, it's probably the use of the term "efficient" in this context.
I probably would have understood better, if you had used the term "accurate".
But no problem ... Wink

BTW, speaking of Germany, you do know that your President-elect grand parents were Germans? cheers
And he's proud of his German blood ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IfEoQvAoYk

You know what, considering that, maybe it's not a bad thing, that a German is running the U.S. after all ...
Maybe I should actually give him a chance. Maybe he can help not only making the U.S. great again, but also Germany ... Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:52 pm

SurfingEagle wrote:

Why?  scratch

Just came into the thread next day to make a new post. Saw that post and edited it because that logic was no longer valid. Realized that I didn't have time to make a new post. Made new post later next day.

Jeez, I just wanted to make a compliment for caring about little details.
I had just seen ep 1x07 and really loved it, so I didn't waste any time and looked up our thread here.
After I had learned only a few minutes earlier, that Bernard was actually a host, it simply was nice to see that you already knew too and even had edited your post.
What did you think, that I could have meant?
Sometimes I wonder, if it actually might be me not speaking English as a native, what sometimes seems to make my posts appear a bit "weird" or ambigous or with "deeper" meaning than intended ... ? Question Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:44 pm

tscc1000 wrote:
SurfingEagle wrote:

Why?  scratch

I had just seen ep 1x07 and really loved it, so I didn't waste any time and looked up our thread here.
After I had learned only a few minutes earlier, that Bernard was actually a host, it simply was nice to see that you already knew too and even had edited your post.
Sometimes I wonder, if it actually might be me not speaking English as a native, what sometimes seems to make my posts appear a bit "weird" or ambigous or with "deeper" meaning than intended ... ? Question Wink

Oh, thought you were suggesting that I was being OCD about details. But also my comment was frivolous and not particularly serious. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:00 pm

tscc1000 wrote:
T5000 wrote:

what do you not get ?
I probably would have understood better, if you had used the term "accurate".
But no problem ... Wink

BTW, speaking of Germany, you do know that your President-elect grand parents were Germans? cheers
And he's proud of his German blood ...

You know what, considering that, maybe it's not a bad thing, that a German is running the U.S. after all ...
Maybe I should actually give him a chance. Maybe he can help not only making the U.S. great again, but also Germany ... Wink

Didn't you once say he was a buffoon or a fool or some such similar aspersion? Now, you find out about his German heritage, and he's kind of OK lol!

It's a good thing I don't listen to anybody but myself when I vote Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinInEngland

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:35 am

I am going to come out and say at this stage that Dr Robert Ford might in fact be an android built by Arnold. The whole kaboodle run by AIs who want to keep the humans hierarchy happy and in the dark. There is obviously a reason they still need humans, and that is because they live outside and bring all the techno stuff in to Westworld.

So, are we still agreed that Gina Torres, Bernard Lowe's wife, is human in this story? I think she is. Should I go in to detail as to what would be required to convince her that he is real? (She's only in 1 episode at this stage) Perhaps her fans, (hint), could tweet Westworld asking for her in season 2?

TSCC1000 I'll watch it again tonight and check out the city. I assumed it was current but of course that couldn't be the case as this story is set in the future.
Also, in this story, it's nice to think that future population growth has not spoilt the beauty of the Grand Canyon. I was not aware that an old rail-line was built along the edge of a cliff. That must be an awesome steam-engine journey.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:30 pm

KevinInEngland wrote:
I am going to come out and say at this stage that Dr Robert Ford might in fact be an android built by Arnold.  The whole kaboodle run by AIs who want to keep the humans hierarchy happy and in the dark.  There is obviously a reason they still need humans, and that is because they live outside and bring all the techno stuff in to Westworld.

So, are we still agreed that Gina Torres, Bernard Lowe's wife, is human in this story?  I think she is.  Should I go in to detail as to what would be required to convince her that he is real?  (She's only in 1 episode at this stage)  Perhaps her fans, (hint), could tweet Westworld asking for her in season 2?

TSCC1000 I'll watch it again tonight and check out the city.  I assumed it was current but of course that couldn't be the case as this story is set in the future.
Also, in this story, it's nice to think that future population growth has not spoilt the beauty of the Grand Canyon.  I was not aware that an old rail-line was built along the edge of a cliff.  That must be an awesome steam-engine journey.

I am going to come out and say at this stage that Dr Robert Ford might in fact be an android built by Arnold.
that is a good one kevin !
could be a big reveal at some point later on.

Gina Torres, Bernard Lowe's wife....... hmmm dont remember her, could she maybe be a fantasy in his program?

population growth has not spoilt the beauty of the Grand Canyon......... think it is a park, govt land, but also '
barren area.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:35 pm

SurfingEagle wrote:
tscc1000 wrote:
T5000 wrote:

what do you not get ?
I probably would have understood better, if you had used the term "accurate"........Well tscc I got that word
from all the wwII documentarys I have watched. many times they say the germans were very efficient at this or that.
Sticklers for detail, accuracy, and being thorough.

But no problem ... Wink

And he's proud of his German blood .......didnt know that

Didn't you once say he was a buffoon or a fool or some such similar aspersion? Now, you find out about his German heritage, and he's kind of OK lol! .[i]..... funny SE

It's a good thing I don't listen to anybody but myself when I vote Smile
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:42 pm

tscc1000 wrote:
SurfingEagle wrote:

Why?  scratch

your posts are very good english, I forget your not american it is so good.
you always get even the slang stuff.

it is really just talking to people with text often gets misconstrued, which is why before any of us get mad
or upset, etc over something the other has "typed" we should always clarify or ask the person what they meant by
that.

I know on the cowboy forum I post a lot at I often see that people take what is said the wrong way,
and then they just blast that person with a insult.

communicating in text leaves out a lot that would be used in actual talking.
Back to top Go down
SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:29 pm

T5000 wrote:
tscc1000 wrote:
SurfingEagle wrote:

Why?  scratch

your posts are very good english, I forget your not american it is so good.
you always get even the slang stuff.

it is really just talking to people with text often gets misconstrued, which is why before any of us get mad
or upset, etc over something the other has "typed"  we should always clarify or ask the person what they meant by
that.

I know on the cowboy forum I post a lot at I often see that people take what is said the wrong way,
and then they just blast that person with a insult.

communicating in text leaves out a lot that would be used in actual talking.

tscc1000 can go to his "safe space". Then, I will go to mine. Then, all will be happy Razz Wink

Seriously though, both tscc and Kevin expressed the same idea regarding Ford being a host. If this were true, it seems like a reveal for S3, something way ahead of the current level of mystery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:12 pm

Seriously though, both tscc and Kevin expressed the same idea regarding Ford being a host. If this were true, it seems like a reveal for S3, something way ahead of the current level of mystery.

yeah I would think that would come much later.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:05 am

WESTWORLD
Air Date: Sunday, November 20, 2016
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on HBO
Episode Title: (#08/108) "Trace Decay"

Episode #8: "Trace Decay"

Bernard (Jeffrey Wright) struggles with a mandate; Maeve (Thandie Newton) looks to change her script; Teddy (James Marsden) is jarred by dark memories.

Written by Charles Yu & Lisa Joy; directed by Stephen Williams.

Read more: Westworld on HBO | TheFutonCritic

Promo pics for ep 1x08:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ7RpDmxpcU
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SurfingEagle

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:49 pm

Who is Arnold?

He is human or a rogue AI? Is he the serpent in Ford's Garden of Eden?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Westworld Season 1 General Discussion   

Back to top Go down

Westworld Season 1 General Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next