TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to do specific things in Admin Panel or Mod Panel

Go down 
AuthorMessage
T5000
Admin
T5000

How to do specific things in Admin Panel or Mod Panel Empty
PostSubject: How to do specific things in Admin Panel or Mod Panel   How to do specific things in Admin Panel or Mod Panel Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 5:24 am

First If you create a category you have to create a forum for it too.
It will ask if you want to choose yes and create any name forum.
You also have to link it to blank, and can have it follow any main forum on the tree, but I dont think a sub forum would be a good idea, but it might work.

A category creates a title "bar", a forum does not have a bar.
So a category is the top dog, and forums then go into the categories, and forums can have sub forums and topics.

These can all be edited moved or deleted in the admin panel using the icons on the far right, mouse over them to see what they do.
Back to top Go down
https://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: How to do specific things in Admin Panel or Mod Panel   How to do specific things in Admin Panel or Mod Panel Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 5:30 am

To create a forum for another show, just go to admin panel select the category and then new forum
or "add' which is the green + sign on the category and then you create the forum and name it and can add image or text and pay attention to the tree in how you add it and what it is linked to and should follow.
Do not use a name already in use for the same position in the tree, this is how I screwed up on the arrow forum, I made 2 category's , or actually I renamed 2 so that they had the same name, and it screwed things up.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin
T5000

PostSubject: Re: How to do specific things in Admin Panel or Mod Panel   How to do specific things in Admin Panel or Mod Panel Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 5:33 am

I think maybe, we need to have some simple how to do things for any new users we might get.
Creating topics, and posting, using editor, like how eagle told me there was a host image button on the editor toolbar.
So we might need a using the editor topic, posting images topic, new topics topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to do specific things in Admin Panel or Mod Panel   How to do specific things in Admin Panel or Mod Panel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to do specific things in Admin Panel or Mod Panel
Page 1 of 1