TV Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GoT S6 E8 "No One"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ez

Ez

GoT S6 E8 "No One" Empty
PostSubject: GoT S6 E8 "No One"   GoT S6 E8 "No One" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 5:39 pm

While Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) weighs his options, Cersei (Lena Headey) answers a request. Tyrion’s (Peter Dinklage) plans bear fruit. Arya (Maisie Williams) faces a new test.

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

GoT S6 E8 "No One" Empty
PostSubject: Re: GoT S6 E8 "No One"   GoT S6 E8 "No One" Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 4:12 pm

Promo pics for ep 6x08:

Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

GoT S6 E8 "No One" Empty
PostSubject: Re: GoT S6 E8 "No One"   GoT S6 E8 "No One" Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 4:45 pm

Game of Thrones: HBO confirms super-sized season 6 finale

Posted June 8 2016 — 1:27 PM EDT by www.ew.com

The leaks are true: HBO.com has confirmed the titles and running time of the final two episodes of Game of Thrones season 6.

One of these titles could be construed as a spoiler, however, so if you want to truly know nothing about the last two episodes, stop reading now…

The title of episode 9 (and this is the spoiler-y one) is “Battle of the Bastards” – presumably referring to the epic Jon Snow vs. Ramsay Bolton face-off that’s been teased all season. The Thrones showrunners have previously told us that season 6 includes the biggest battle in the show’s history and it’s fair to assume this is it. The running time is 60 minutes, which is firmly on the long side. That episode airs June 19.

The title of the finale is “The Winds of Winter” – a nod to George R.R. Martin’s forthcoming sixth novel in his A Song of Ice and Fire Saga (which was also given a verbal shout-out by Arya’s favorite theater troupe in Braavos earlier this season). The finale is a whopping 69 minutes long – which makes it the longest Thrones episode ever. That airs June 26.

Both episodes are directed by Miguel Sapochnik, who helmed last year’s acclaimed “Hardhome.”

Looks like always they spared up most of the action for the last episodes. But if they could pull another "Hardhome", I definitely wouldn't mind ... ;-)
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

GoT S6 E8 "No One" Empty
PostSubject: Re: GoT S6 E8 "No One"   GoT S6 E8 "No One" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 9:48 pm

I actually really liked this episode, a lot of nice progression in the storylines to set them up for the finale. I think that they had to do it because next weeks episode will probably all take place at Winterfell, so they had to get the rest of the storylines closer to their end point for the season. I would give it an 8/10.
Back to top Go down
tscc1000

tscc1000

GoT S6 E8 "No One" Empty
PostSubject: Re: GoT S6 E8 "No One"   GoT S6 E8 "No One" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 4:17 pm

Ez wrote:
I actually really liked this episode, a lot of nice progression in the storylines to set them up for the finale. I think that they had to do it because next weeks episode will probably all take place at Winterfell, so they had to get the rest of the storylines closer to their end point for the season. I would give it an 8/10.

Wow, I actually was already expecting not much more of ep 6x08 than another set-up for the final two, but d­amn, they could have surprised me a little bit positively at least ... jeez!
The Blackfish character was totally wasted and practically commited suicide instead of living to fight another day ... and they couldn't even allow to show his final fight ... boo!
And I never kept it a secret that the whole Arya plot was making not much sense for me and was almost boring ... and now they really dragged that out to the very last drop ... and didn't even have the little decency to show how Arya magically after her severe injuries just killed that Waif ... boo again! Seriously, GoT actually has lost some of its vibe, it almost feels like they reach out for cheap ways out of their muddled mess of endless subplots.
Also finally the Dragon Queen comes back ... but of course we get to see nothing at all right now ... but had enough time for another round of Tyrion's childish drinking games ... well, well ...
At least I have quite some hope for the next episode ... the battle for Winterfell. Though I still wonder where Jon and Sansa would get the huge army to provide the show's biggest battle episode ever as promised in some reports ...
BTW, why are we supposed to care about the Brotherhood suddenly again??? What will they neccessarily contribute to the end game now?? Maybe some more magical "Lord of the Light" crap?
I have to say, it's good that the end of the show is already in sight. Maybe a prequel with more focused storytelling would work for me better by now.

PS: I did like when the Mountain taught Brother Lancel and his gang some respect ... Wink
Back to top Go down
Ez

Ez

GoT S6 E8 "No One" Empty
PostSubject: Re: GoT S6 E8 "No One"   GoT S6 E8 "No One" Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 4:43 pm

I think the Brotherhood is going to help fight the Whitewalkers some how. I didn't have a problem with the Arya scenes, we don't know how long she was asleep, it could have been a few days, and she reopened her wounds falling. I liked them showing the fight in the dark, it gave credence to her time as a blind girl. I think the Boltons will be winning the Battle when the Army from the Vale will show up with Littlefinger, that's clearly who Sansa wrote to a few episodes back, they should have the biggest army because they set out of all of the other wars because Lysa was to scared to send them out and leave Robin unprotected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GoT S6 E8 "No One" Empty
PostSubject: Re: GoT S6 E8 "No One"   GoT S6 E8 "No One" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GoT S6 E8 "No One"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TV Talk :: Cable Shows Current :: Game of Thrones-
Jump to: