TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Person of Interest Episode 5x13 "return 0" June 21, 2016 (Series Finale)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tscc1000

avatar

Posts : 6836
Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Person of Interest Episode 5x13 "return 0" June 21, 2016 (Series Finale)   Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:52 am

PERSON OF INTEREST
Air Date: Tuesday, June 21, 2016
Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#POI513) "return 0"

Series Finale

FINCH, REESE, FUSCO AND SHAW EMBARK ON ONE LAST MISSION TO PREVENT SAMARITAN FROM DESTROYING THE MACHINE AND CEMENTING ITS HOLD OVER MANKIND, ON THE SERIES FINALE OF "PERSON OF INTEREST"

"return 0"

Finch, Reese, Fusco and Shaw embark on one last mission to prevent Samaritan from destroying The Machine and cementing its hold over mankind, on the series finale of PERSON OF INTEREST, Tuesday, June 21 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on CBS.

REGULAR CAST:

Jim Caviezel (John Reese)
Michael Emerson (Harold Finch)
Kevin Chapman (Lionel Fusco)
Sarah Shahi (Sameen Shaw)
Amy Acker (Root)

RECURRING CAST: John Doman (Sen. Garrison)
Josh Close (Jeff Blackwell)

GUEST CAST:

Justin Grace (Younger Cop)
John Douglas Thompson (Murphy)
Amy Tribbey (Reese's Mother)
Jack Davis (Little Reese)
Rebecca Darke (Dying Lady)
Michael De Nola (Taxi Driver)
Andrew Haserlat (Lead Tech)
Marvin Avila (Tech #2)
Neal Matarazzo (Lt. Kearny)
Kate Kearney Patch (Chairwoman)
Dick Brennan (Newscaster)
Kristine Johnson (News Anchor)
Miguel Cervantes (Uniform)
Jason Tottenham (Suited Man)
Dylan Chalfy (Hanger)
Wayne Maugans (Man)
Jacob Berher (Guard)

WRITTEN BY: Executive Producers Jonathan Nolan and Denise Thé

DIRECTED BY: Chris Fisher

Source: Person of Interest on CBS | TheFutonCritic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

avatar

Posts : 6836
Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Person of Interest Episode 5x13 "return 0" June 21, 2016 (Series Finale)   Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:59 am

Promo pics for episode 5x13:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

avatar

Posts : 6836
Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Person of Interest Episode 5x13 "return 0" June 21, 2016 (Series Finale)   Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:04 am


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b03R52fy75E
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

avatar

Posts : 6836
Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Person of Interest Episode 5x13 "return 0" June 21, 2016 (Series Finale)   Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:16 pm


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGoIhkVLwY8


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN62rtumXo0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3562
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Person of Interest Episode 5x13 "return 0" June 21, 2016 (Series Finale)   Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:47 pm

Well saw the final ep live, it was ok.
I did like few things at end, but feel they still messed up this final season,
and Killed characters, for no good reasons.

The way I see it, it is pointless to kill off characters in a show like this, in what they knew
was the final season.
It is just bad business.

Lets see now all that is left is dvd sales, and syndication, so heck lets just kill some of them!!
Fans will love that ! lol so stupid.

But now to what I liked.

The machine.... the machine with no name !! like clint eastwood in the italian westerns.
anyway it does copy itself and after people die , and it goes into space to battle last copy
of S, and I guess wins ? if so wouldnt 1 copy of it still be in space??

So then it is still alive, and calls shaw, with a number, and I guess her and bear,
and maybe fusco will work numbers, and M will have other employees as well.

Harold survives being shot, which was over the top, him walking around shot.
and he retires to be with his girl.
And I think he thinks the M is dead , so he lives happily ever after with M watching over him.

My addition to this is Fusco hits on Shaw many times, and one day she says ok and they
become a couple and buy a house and put bear in the back yard.

Root and Reese both did die, so they got rid of the "R's"
They really killed reese good, shot him many times, and then a missle finishes it, so
probably not even a body to bury!

I think now after seeing how they did this final season, that they had not much of a story,
I give them credit for 1-3, but after that I dont think they knew what to do with it.

To me this was a avg and standard ending nothing special.
that is disappointing, since the show was special for a brief period.

I did enjoy the series, and glad I watched it.
If I rewatch it , I know I wont watch S5 again, and pretty sure wont watch S4
I think only the first 3 are worth watching again.

I am now down to only 3 network shows !!
Grimm
Blacklist
Survivor
oh and Goldbergs, a comedy.
I think that is it, Castle , poi, limitless all ended.

The rest I watch is all cable and CW , which is sort of network tv.
I quit arrow and the legends shows, and VD is about unwatchable, and reign I hope
gets a 4th season to finish the story.
That leaves
Flash
izombie
SN
100.... could drop this at some point

and thats it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
T5000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3562
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Person of Interest Episode 5x13 "return 0" June 21, 2016 (Series Finale)   Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:15 pm

got this off tvseries,com
It always comes down to money. CBS boss Les Moonves recently explained why the network cancelled Person of Interest and renewed Elementary, reports The Hollywood Reporter.
The fifth and final series of Person of Interest premiered earlier this month. Meanwhile, CBS renewed Elementary for a fifth season back in March.

At a recent New York conference, Moonves said part of the reason for Person of Interest‘s cancellation was financial. Warner Bros. was the producing studio for the drama, and CBS didn’t make a profit “because Warner Bros got all that additional revenue.”
On the other hand, CBS owns Elementary and made a “profit of $80 million last year,” according to Moonves.

now it seems to me WB should share revenue 50/50 as long as the show is airing new
shows!
This would give cbs or other netwerks incentive to keep wb shows on longer.

Then when show is canceled the share is ended.

However, I dont see how elementary with similar ratings could make cbs that much
money, and poi not generate the same amount off ads.

I know dvd sales are not that big a part of the profit.
But I guess they pay WB for each ep, and with thier shows, they pay themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
tscc1000

avatar

Posts : 6836
Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Person of Interest Episode 5x13 "return 0" June 21, 2016 (Series Finale)   Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:48 pm

Oh well, I've seen the PoI finale now ... and I'm totally torn (as far as I can say something like that about a fictional TV series) ... on the one hand it was heavily depressing and I hated that Reese had to die. Like you said, what's the point of ending this series with killing Root and Reese, when you want people to recommend the show to others to watch on DVD or to re-watch the whole show.
I actually loved the show and other than you I also liked season 4 and season 5 until they killed Root and now Reese. But right now with that frustrating and heart-breaking deaths I can't even say, if I will ever re-watch the series ...
With some distance, I hope I'll be able to see the good parts of the ending ... Finch, Shaw and Fusco and even the Machine survived ... and The Machine started to work with Shaw on numbers again. Probably Fusco and the other teams will join too. And probably the Machine will keep Finch in the dark, so that he could enjoy a deserved life in peace with his love.
Wow, that was it ... one of my all-time favorite shows is gone ... and I'm incredibly torn between being pissed about Root's and Reese's deaths and satisfaction about Finch's, Fusco's and Shaw's survival ... I think, it will take some time for me to make my peace with this finale.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

avatar

Posts : 6836
Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Person of Interest Episode 5x13 "return 0" June 21, 2016 (Series Finale)   Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:58 pm

T5000 wrote:
....
and Killed characters, for no good reasons.

The way I see it,  it is pointless to kill off characters in a show like this, in what they knew
was the final season.
It is just bad business.

Lets see now all that is left is dvd sales, and syndication, so heck lets just kill some of them!!
Fans will love that ! lol so stupid.
...
I totally agree. As much credit I give them for creating such a fine and awesome show, I really have to wonder what they actually hope to win with such cruel deaths for the finale. For sure they'll lose more potential viewers than they might win with such an ending, because after a show is finished it really needs the recommendations of those who have watched it already. And I doubt, if many might recommend it after knowing the frustrating deaths of Root and Reese. Right now, I'm not sure about it too ... seriously, what is going on in the heads of those "geniuses" of showrunners ... scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

avatar

Posts : 6836
Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Person of Interest Episode 5x13 "return 0" June 21, 2016 (Series Finale)   Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:02 pm

T5000 wrote:
got this off tvseries,com
It always comes down to money. CBS boss Les Moonves recently explained why the network cancelled Person of Interest and renewed Elementary, reports The Hollywood Reporter.
The fifth and final series of Person of Interest premiered earlier this month. Meanwhile, CBS renewed Elementary for a fifth season back in March.

At a recent New York conference, Moonves said part of the reason for Person of Interest‘s cancellation was financial. Warner Bros. was the producing studio for the drama, and CBS didn’t make a profit “because Warner Bros got all that additional revenue.”
On the other hand, CBS owns Elementary and made a “profit of $80 million last year,” according to Moonves.

now it seems to me WB should share revenue 50/50 as long as the show is airing new
shows!
This would give cbs or other netwerks incentive to keep wb shows on longer.

Then when show is canceled the share is ended.

However, I dont see how elementary with similar ratings could make cbs that much
money, and poi not generate the same amount off ads.

I know dvd sales are not that big a part of the profit.
But I guess they pay WB for each ep, and with thier shows, they pay themselves.
To be honest, I'm not in the mood right now to think about the real reason for PoI's cancellation ... Having to accept, what crap compared to PoI gets seasons after seasons (yeah, I'm talking of you, TWD and FTWD e.g.!!!), makes me just angry and frustrated ... and I try to avoid that right now ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3562
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Person of Interest Episode 5x13 "return 0" June 21, 2016 (Series Finale)   Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:19 am

Well if you pissed about the deaths then you know many others are too.
I went to imdb mb to see what they were saying, and many felt same way as me about
S5, too many shows just dealing with number of the week, and waiting till the last ep or 2
to actually fight samaritan.

Funny thing is there are some who felt reese was supposed to die, as he could never
be happy ?? lol
He was happy doing the numbers !!
Also some fans were figuring out ways he could still be alive lol.
ShAw was happy cause she had a family now, and they killed her family off, but now at end she
is smiling?
Harold leaving to be with his woman was ok, he was never happy, but did like his family too.

Show runners, feel like they have to kill people off for it to be realistic, which to me is silly
and they are missing the whole point of what people want with a tv show.

I might add also that S4 and then more so in 5 the show was dark and gloomy,
hardly any upbeat stuff. that isnt good.

Like in Flash, they smile, and kid around, and have some good moments, it isnt all serious
or dark and gloomy.
A show has to have some upbeat moments.

Since you liked the show, best thing is just to ignore S5
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
T5000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3562
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Person of Interest Episode 5x13 "return 0" June 21, 2016 (Series Finale)   Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:27 am

why do you think they included the part about root being dug up for the implant??
with show ending, and that was last ep , why bring that up??

Could be a way to have root still be alive if the show was to go to netflix or cable.
And even reese could still be alive.
They never showed him dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
tscc1000

avatar

Posts : 6836
Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Person of Interest Episode 5x13 "return 0" June 21, 2016 (Series Finale)   Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:26 pm

T5000 wrote:
1) why do you think they included the part about root being dug up for the implant??
with show ending, and that was last ep , why bring that up??

Could be a way to have root still be alive if the show was to go to netflix or cable.

2) And even reese could still be alive.
They never showed him dead.
1) Hm, I don't know. Maybe they just wanted to show how ruthless Samaritan was, even robbing dead bodies.
Maybe through the implant Samaritan was able to locate the Machine in the subway?
But I don't believe they let Root live actually as human being ... sadly ...

2) As much as I would love to see Reese alive somehow ... I just don't think the showrunners will let that ever happen ... sadly again ...
And regarding some post mortem interviews with the showrunners sadly I don't believe there will be any kind of continuation or spin-off, but I would love that of course ... it just won't happen ... damn it ... Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

avatar

Posts : 6836
Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Person of Interest Episode 5x13 "return 0" June 21, 2016 (Series Finale)   Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:12 pm


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfZKq1IJE7w
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

avatar

Posts : 6836
Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Person of Interest Episode 5x13 "return 0" June 21, 2016 (Series Finale)   Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:30 pm


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLJYVxJ8y_s


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4tTPOo1pqo


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2abbF2F5aE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3562
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Person of Interest Episode 5x13 "return 0" June 21, 2016 (Series Finale)   Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:10 pm

tscc1000 wrote:
T5000 wrote:
1) why do you think they included the part about root being dug up for the implant??
with show ending, and that was last ep , why bring that up??

Could be a way to have root still be alive if the show was to go to netflix or cable.

2) And even reese could still be alive.
They never showed him dead.
1) Hm, I don't know. Maybe they just wanted to show how ruthless Samaritan was, even robbing dead bodies.
Maybe through the implant Samaritan was able to locate the Machine in the subway?
But I don't believe they let Root live actually as human being ... sadly ...

2) As much as I would love to see Reese alive somehow ... I just don't think the showrunners will let that ever happen ... sadly again ...
And regarding some post mortem interviews with the showrunners sadly I don't believe there will be any kind of continuation or spin-off, but I would love that of course ... it just won't happen ... damn it ... Sad
interviews with the showrunners sadly I don't believe there will be any kind of continuation

Well I guess it is done then !

I think this last season was disliked by fans more than it was liked.
They did almost nothing with samratin storyline, and very little with machine, and that was in last 2 eps,
and then they kill off reese and root.
So  on a scale of 10 I give S5 a 3.
points for:
1. the machine with no name lol , did survive.
2.Harold lived and got semi happy ending.
3.Bear made it !! woof woof

Thats about it.

so rin did 29 mins > lol  may have to watch that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Person of Interest Episode 5x13 "return 0" June 21, 2016 (Series Finale)   

Back to top Go down
 
Person of Interest Episode 5x13 "return 0" June 21, 2016 (Series Finale)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Person of Interest Episode 3x17 " / " March 18, 2014
» Person of Interest Episode 4x01 "Panopticon" September 23, 2014
» Please pray for safe return of missing person
» Original Episode IV, direct from 35 mm, available as a torrent
» episode #22 - Return of Inidu

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TV Talk :: Classic TV Shows (Ended/Canceled shows) :: Person of Interest-
Jump to: