TV Talk

TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

GoT S6 E7 "The Broken Man"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ez

PostSubject: GoT S6 E7 "The Broken Man"   Mon May 30, 2016 8:10 am

The High Sparrow eyes another target. Jaime confronts a hero. Arya makes a plan. The North is reminded.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: GoT S6 E7 "The Broken Man"   Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:47 pm

Promo pics for ep 6x07:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ez

PostSubject: Re: GoT S6 E7 "The Broken Man"   Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:47 pm

What an awesome episode, I loved every minute of it. The return of the Hound was great. I loved Jaime and Bronn this episode too. The conversation between the Blackfish and Jaime was almost a direct adaptation from the book! Lyanna Mormont was awesome, I wish Jon would be more vocal on the recruiting trail, he just kinda sits there and doesn't offer anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tscc1000

PostSubject: Re: GoT S6 E7 "The Broken Man"   Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:03 pm

Well, don't get me wrong, episode 6x07 was ok, but seriously, not one single plotline made significant progress ... they really seem to want to test my patience ... ;-)
As much as I liked the Hound's return, will this really turn out to be more than just another loop or sidestep? Did it need another senseless and anonymous massacre to get him on some (right?) path for whatever revenge?
And then we see, how Arya was assassinated. Thus attacked, she would be dead for sure, but no, of course she will magically survive somehow, probably by going to that actress she saved from assassination. But God forbid to let us see that already in this episode! Nothing better than another drag out into next ep ... instead they made some time for t­its and Greyjoy lesbian action in that bar ... well, not a big surprise though ... ;-)
It actually seems to become clearer, that they don't have much more up their storytelling sleeves than the final and maybe epic battle for the Iron Throne combined with the fight against the Night King. And now they just have to fill another 10 episodes before that will happen in season 7 or even only 8. But another one and a half or even more seasons of setup might finally be simply too much ...
So to some extend I have already accepted now that GoT has lost some of its impact and dynamic and made my peace with it, because I simply want to see how it all will end ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ez

PostSubject: Re: GoT S6 E7 "The Broken Man"   Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:33 pm

Next season will only be 7 episodes, Season 8 will be 7 or 8, it's getting closed to wrapped up. By the end of the season Arya and Dany will be headed back to Westeros, which should help to start consolidating storylines. I think the Hound will end up in Kingslanding to kill his brother, possibly as the faith's Champion in Cersei's Trial By Combat, In the book it is strongly hinted that The Hound is still alive and at least now I know it's confirmed. I really wish GRRM would finish the books but I made peace with the fact that I will see the ending on screen long before I read it. I've only been reading the books for 12 years, what's another 8 year wait for the final 2 books.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GoT S6 E7 "The Broken Man"   

Back to top Go down

GoT S6 E7 "The Broken Man"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1