TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Survivor 32

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:30 pm

Wow, that was an insanely intense chanllenge. I actually felt bad for Caleb. It had to be hot as hell out there, plus, not drinking enough water. Crazy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:10 pm

Wow saw the show live , and survivor producers were bad in letting these people compete in intense heat
and not be properly hydrated or given a break.

someone could have died.

Now Caleb gets put out due to medical and lousy producers !
and poor alica her tribe I think threw the challenge to vote her out.

So the only 2 I half assed liked are gone in one show!

To make things worse next show they mix up the tribes, after alicia is voted out,
that could have saved her but no one show too late!

also i was wanting brawn people to keep losing until they are all gone lol.

Hopefully they are all voted out soon, and or wind up on the outside like alicia was
and see how it feels.

not a good episode at all for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:48 pm

I just can't bring myself to like Caleb because of how bad I hated him on Big Brother
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:04 pm

Ez wrote:
Ya, I thought it was funny Liz went home, when ever you think you are safe, you never are! No one really stands out for me as good yet, or even worth watching. Like you, I don't really care for any of them.

Well she and the guy thought they were running the show and in complete control, and could use
their massive IQ to control the other dummys mainly debbie ! lol they are so arrogant it
makes them stupid.

Well you know in past seasons, their is usually one or 2 girls who are cute, and at least 2-4
you can like right off, and a few more that you dont dislike, or like, so they can grow on you.

Some seasons, there were a lot I liked, just some I liked the most lol.

But this time wow, I can see making a few mistakes in casting, but this time they made 14 mistakes !!!!!!!!!!

Alicia is good , as she is easy to laugh at or feel sorry for.
Caleb has not been disgusting, so he is ok, but the rest of them should never have made the final cut
to be on the show, maybe if 1 or 2 of them had been on with some normal people , then it is ok, but to have
them all together wow..

makes me think whoever is picking people for the show needs to do something else and let someone else pick
the cast.

Over at imdb board, debbie has been voted ugliest person to ever be on the show!

Jason is the creepiest, and others like me are turned off way off by the excessive tattoos. and his ear things.

Whar I see is i will keep watching unless all the worst ones, that I like the least or that I find disgusting are in the final
8 or 6, then I will stop watching.
I never have not seen them all. but I think this might be one .

How about a link where you get the jeff summary, does that have a comment page. ??
I might go there and voice a opinion.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:12 am

3 Q's with Jeff Probst:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: We saw Alecia and Jason both scrambling for the key to open the box with the immunity idol that Scot had released by pushing the key out from up on the tree. This brings up an interesting logistical question in terms of idol ownership in that usually the person who finds the idol gets the idol, but this situation was a bit more complicated. Everyone knew where the idol was (in the locked box) but they needed the key. Jason got the key, but here’s the question: Would it be within the rules for someone to have gone and taken the idol box and hidden it somewhere else to prevent anybody else from getting the idol, key or no key?
JEFF PROBST: It rarely comes up, but there are certain things that we would not allow, and that is one of them. The idol box was a “fixed” item, and we would not allow someone to move it or hide it. As you said, the real trick was finding the key, and that was complicated by Alecia first telling Cydney, thinking she could trust her, and Cydney then telling her alliance, but then not bothering to look for it herself. So much going on. Let’s analyze, shall we?

The single biggest factor was Alecia’s inability to read the room. There wasn’t a single good reason to tell Cydney that she found the idol. Cydney is already in the majority of three. By telling her, you give away your ONLY weapon, the possibility of a blindside. Had Alecia found the idol in secret, her one vote would have changed the game. And what a move by Cydney. By telling her alliance about the idol, and then letting them go look for it themselves, she put herself in a really potentially powerful long-play position. She proved herself incredibly loyal and willing to sacrifice for the good of the tribe. Obviously the idol could be used against her, but if she makes it to the merge and those three go deep, she has earned a lot of good will.

Beyond serving as a source of food and protein on this show, the chickens given to tribes always seem to have an impact in other ways — whether comically (through chasing the escaped birds) or dramatically (through a vegetarian not wanting to see them killed). This time it was lover-of-all-creatures Tai being remorseful after feeling the chicken’s life draining of its body in his hands. Pretty emotional stuff. How do your conversations with vegetarians and people like Tai go in the casting process in terms of discussing their views and how they will be able to handle what might happen once out on the island?
Surprisingly, we don’t spend much time at all on that kind of stuff. Back in the old days… circa ‘01, ‘02 we would investigate this stuff more thoroughly because it was all still so new. Now we focus almost solely on the ability to tell a story and where we think someone would fit in the tapestry of what we are planning creatively. We’ve learned to trust our process and the format.

“For all the talk tonight about how smart this tribe is, the vote illustrates that Survivor is always about emotional intelligence, your ability to pick up on social cues. That’s what gets you to the end.” Pretty insightful words from you there to end the episode. Is Peter the latest example of someone who has just failed to realize that book smarts do not translate into Survivor smarts? Also, what’s his deal?
Yes, I think he’s a great example that in a social situation, brains are a fun party trick, but social awareness gets you invited back. Here’s the thing though — everybody thinks they are good at reading the room. I can’t think of a person I’ve met who said, “The one thing I really suck at is awareness. I just never get what is happening around me.” We all have our blindspots — yes, Dalton, even me.

I also think tribes like “brain tribes” are handicapped because super smart people who are certain they are the smartest person in the room don’t seem to do well when paired with other super smart people who are certain they are the smartest person in the room. I’m mostly just glad that I am certain that I am never the smartest person in the room. Makes life so much easier.

As for Peter, I don’t think he’s that unique in terms of his hubris. Sitting in the Survivor casting room for 16 years, I’ve come to realize it’s much more common than you might think. And I’m sure there are people right now reading this thinking that I am not different than him. “He thinks he’s all that…” Which is why I am glad I host and don’t play Survivor.

That was a pretty intense preview for next week. What can you say about the medical emergency that appears to be looming?
The most dramatic and maybe most compelling episode we’ve ever done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:10 am

Ya, I thought it was funny Liz went home, when ever you think you are safe, you never are! No one really stands out for me as good yet, or even worth watching. Like you, I don't really care for any of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:34 pm

Well saw the show, and I found it hard to believe these dummies made the pole, and the tool, and had the
poles and string.

I now feel sorry for alicia, I would hate to be on her tribe with those people uggh !
and on top of that they are going to bully and betray you.

She thought the black girl was her friend , she is so dumb, and I really dont get 2 people
looking for a idol.
They always act like they both won, but it is the one that gets it that it then belongs too.
Scott acts like it is part his, but it is all randys.

I liked what the brain tribe did at the council, but it really wasnt needed unless one of the 2 had a idol and
played it. even then not sure .
But the way they played it making a tie, meant those 2 no longer had a vote which was kinda a slap in the face.
So they could then vote either one out and no threat to the 4.

Funny how liz and peter thought they were running the show, and had the tables turned on them.

I still dont like any of these people, just dislike some more than others.
But still entertaining.
However I think this is one I will never care to rewatch.

All these people are so arrogant and full of themselves it is amazing !
And some are super arrogant.

I wonder if they have pictures of themselves all thru out their homes? tongue
and lots of Mirrors/ Wink
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:26 am

Ya, Idols seem really hard to get this season, probably because Russell isn't on, or they would hide it is his buff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:05 am

i thought the idol in the tree was too much, way too high up, most people would not be able to get that.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:13 am

3 Q's with Jeff Probst:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Let’s talk about one of the most bizarre acts of self-incrimination on this show I can ever remember. How much do you think this was an on-the-spot decision by the tribe to get rid of Jenny based on her telling them at Tribal Council about wavering on the alliance?
JEFF PROBST: I think they changed their mind at Tribal. 100 percent. Scott, Jason, and Cydney are playing a very aggressive game. I like it because as I am often heard saying, “The only way to win this game is play as though you don’t mind losing.” You have to make moves. Jenny should be credited, too. She may not have executed it as well as she could have but she was looking “big picture,” which is key to getting deep. Both sides made big moves. One wins, one loses. That’s the game.

The most exciting part of all of this for me is that Tribal Council continues to be a “live” moment where anything can happen. People come into tribal with Plan A in one pocket, Plan B in the other, and the willingness to throw out all plans and call an audible. And remember, this season was shot BEFORE we shot last season, and it’s still hopping!

You’ve always stated that you want players to find idols due to the drama and unpredictability they inject into the game, but it seems like you’ve made obtaining them a bit more difficult this time as Tai had to first find a clue, then dig up another clue, and then attempt to scale a huge tree to get the actual idol, which he was unable to do. Tell us how you all come up with this concept for the idols and deciding the difficulty level of obtaining them.
As you well know, we the producers relish our role as participants in the game. So anything we can do to add drama, mystery, intrigue, consequence, dilemma … we do it. Making the idols harder to secure adds several layers of drama and it gives the possessor a bit more street cred. They earned that baby! So we just started imagining, beyond finding them in the middle of a challenge, what else could we do … and we landed on this idea! Pretty fun!

And on top of it, we gave them the option to increase the power of the idol but it requires luck and risk: First, you must find a second idol or find someone else who has an idol. Then you must trust them enough to share the fact that you have an idol. Then the two of you must trust each other enough to agree to put your idols together and finally you must agree when to use the idol and on who to play it.

Survivor has had fascinating hetero-homo friendships before, going all the way back to Rudy and Richard from season 1. What makes the Tai and Caleb bromance so special?
Ah, man, this is my favorite bromance of all time because both people are so likable and the partnership is so unlikely. Think about it. A survivor of the Vietnam war gets on a boat with 100 other people and immigrates to America where he is living a happy life as a gay gardener in San Francisco. He signs up to play a vicious social dynamic game where he meets a tough, young, straight, U.S. Armed Forces veteran. Instead of butting heads, the two become instant friends and allies and share a sense of humor that most couples would love to have in their own relationship.

We knew from the moment we met Tai that America would love him. I was not so sure about Caleb. In fact, at first I did not want him on the show. CBS pushed hard to include him in the cast. They were absolutely right and I was absolutely wrong. In fact, I don’t know that I’ve ever been that wrong. Caleb is rock-solid and I am so happy he is on the show.
BONUS QUESTION! We are three-for-three so far on the orange Survivor hat this season, which you know has always been my personal favorite. What goes into your decision making as far as picking out which color hat to wear for a challenge or marooning? Set rotation? Spur-of-the-moment selection? Take us inside the mind of Jeff Probst: Fashion Icon.
As you know, fashion was my minor in college. I studied all of the greats and one thing was constant: All great fashion icons have something that separates them from the rest. Marlene Dietrich was known for her masculine pantsuits and bow ties. Audrey Hepburn’s signature style smacked of minimalist chic. And, of course, Marilyn Monroe was the sultry bombshell in skin tight dresses. My favorite professor, Michael Lorenn, saw something in me early on — my penchant for orange. I didn’t even realize it until he pointed it out. My socks, shoes, even my underwear often had a spike of orange. I guess it just stayed with me. When I started Survivor, I swore that if the show lasted long enough I would make my mark. Sixteen years it has taken. Over 450 episodes. Finally, someone noticed.

As for sharing my routine, well that’s a bit like a magician sharing how he does a trick, isn’t it? I think that shall remain my little secret and something to be revealed in the biographies that will certainly follow my passing. In the meantime, I am humbled and enthused that I may finally make my mark alongside some of the greats. Thank you for noticing. Thank you, Professor Michael Lorenn and thank you, America!

Looks like we’ll have some idol searching drama next week on the Brawn tribe. Tease us up for the next episode, sir!
Oh it’s a good one. You thought Tai had a rough go of getting an idol, you ain’t seen nothing yet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:30 am

Ez wrote:
No, I will watch tonight live, kinda caught up on homework. I hope it's an awesome cast and Caleb from BB doesn't last long!
Well he was the only one who could start a fire !! lol give him credit for that.
I dont watch bb so dont know him, but he seemed to be one of the better ones.

I dont know if they coach these people, but so many of them made such arrogant statements,
like the one guy going on about how good looking he is ?? cyclops

I didnt like any but the little jap guy who isnt too bright in playing the game.
and The caleb guy.

None of the females are cute or appealing at all !
Usually they have at least one.

The brawn tribe is just awful, I would like to see all of them gone quickly.

The black guy, when he said he was diving and he was sure, I thought well maybe one that can actually
deal with the water, then he dives in loses the mask and wants back in the boat !

And he is a life guard ?? yikes ! Shocked

the blonde is also very dumb, so I wonder why would they put 2 bozo's like this on the show?
She seems like she is on speed or something .... maybe I do maybe I dont Laughing

I was really disappointed in the cast.

The brain tribe is the one I am rooting for, I may grow to like some of them.

The tribal lasted 30 min !!!! lol I couldnt believe they spend that much time on that,
really jeff seems to love tribals, and they spend too much time on that.
maybe the last few shows, use more time on them , but early on just ask a couple questions and vote!
Show more of other aspects.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:35 am

It's too early for me decide who I like or don't like, but it does seem like a good cast, hopefully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:50 pm

No, I will watch tonight live, kinda caught up on homework. I hope it's an awesome cast and Caleb from BB doesn't last long!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:58 am

Show is 90 minutes tonight if your recording it.

Glad it is back , hope the cast isnt totally lame.

The past 6 seasons or so casting has been pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:35 am

Ez wrote:
Yes, I have applied 5 times, but never gotten a call back, I wish they would, because I would play the hell out of the game. I am not big on the cast this season either

Well one thing I think they look for is how you come off on screen.
How much personality you have .

I think you should do a little acting and try to give them a colorful personality
That they might like on the show.

If you come off as normal or ordinary they probably go right to the next tape.

They always put some muscle jocks on the show, so if that isnt you then you need
some type of personality they might like.

Take johnny fairplay for example, just imagine his tape.
Also you should apply every season, I know one of the people said they had applied like 20 times before they
got on.

If your a guy , that means only what 8 guys per show, and some will be the jocks, some will be the older types,
So your really trying for the 2-4 positions left for males.

That is why you really need to stand out and basically create a character you could play on the show.
Something colorful, and then once your out there you would not have to be like that if you didnt want to.

Play the character until your out there and heck if it was good it might get you invited back at later date.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Yes, I have applied 5 times, but never gotten a call back, I wish they would, because I would play the hell out of the game. I am not big on the cast this season either
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:45 am

I saw a preview to survivor, as I was cooking so missed some, but the contestants looked a little lame Sad(

Sure wish they would get some better people.

I may like them after seeing a show or 2.

But like last season, when it was down to 5 I really didnt care who won!
Didnt really care for any of them.

Have you ever sent a video in to try and get on the show??
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:46 am

I will still record them all, it just may take me a while to catch up on them. The show I can't wait for is Game of Thrones, April 24!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:38 pm

Ez wrote:
I'm ready for all of those to come back, although when I will find time to watch them is another story.
yeah I hear you , if your still in school, I understand.

I would let some other shows go and watch what I think are the better shows.

I am somewhat addicted to survivor, and Saul I am looking forward to as a adult drama, one of a few.
WD is or was good drama, and 2nd half should be better.

Vikings was good, but they sort of lost control and to me are going for shock effects more
than just writing good drama, but it is the only viking show on tv ever, so have to roll with it.

I would rather watch these shows, than The CW shows, and some others I watch.

the blacklist and Survivor are the only 2 network shows I would watch if short on time.
And POI when it comes back to finish up.( I might have to add shield, but would be iffy.
Then I would continue to follow a few cable shows, like Bates Motel, Americans, Turn,Saul, Vikings-maybe,
maybe banshee, it is crazy show.
and Tyrant and Hell on wheels, maybe Orphan B.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:15 am

I'm ready for all of those to come back, although when I will find time to watch them is another story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Survivor 32   Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:39 am

Ok I am ready for some more survivor fixed or not lol.
little over 2 weeks to go, that and the vikings, Saul,and WD all come on the same week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   

Back to top Go down

Survivor 32
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4