TV show discussion. Current and older shows. Also movies.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Survivor 32

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:55 am

I think they told him Nick was going so he voted Jason out of loyalty to Nick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:51 pm

I watched it again, and the girls do have a alliance, and joe is with them.
Tai voted for jason ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tvtalk-your-show.forumotion.com
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:45 pm

Ez wrote:
Yea, I agree. I really don't like anyone left, What was Tai thinking talking about a super-idol, his backtracking was even worse, everyone should know he has a idol now.

yeah that was funny, and scott was like oh no what is he doing!
So they now know they at least have one, and that 2 make the super idol, and how that works!!!!!!!!!!

That sort of lowered the power of the super idol, I guess? you cant plan for that can you?
But they know it is after the vote so some strategy might work. and they wont now be surprised.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:39 pm

Yea, I agree. I really don't like anyone left, What was Tai thinking talking about a super-idol, his backtracking was even worse, everyone should know he has a idol now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:36 pm

Well I missed the part after reward challenge, but nick sn his arrogance got him voted out.
Had he been low key and kept quite he might still be there.
The girls may turn on the guys, that would be smart. get rid of guys and it make the challenges better chance for
girls.
I hope for first time that they do, as I dont like any of the guys left, and hope scott and tattoo man jason? are next 2
to go.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:05 am

Each week, host Jeff Probst will answer a few questions about the latest episode of Survivor: Kaôh Rōng.

ENTERTAIMENT WEEKLY: You know how much we all love watching people get tempted with food during an immunity challenge and seeing who succumbs to their hunger and who rides it out. How do you usually determine when you are going to start tempting? Do you have a minute mark in mind before you start the challenge (using challenge rehearsal tests from the Dream Team as a guide), or do you just go by feel in terms of how stable people look and when they are starting to struggle?
JEFF PROBST: Yes ,it’s just a gut call. All we really want to do is make sure we establish the challenge and let it run long enough that we can see that everybody is good to go. It’s not about seeing anybody start to struggle. What was fun about this one was the twist that it was a one-time offer and it had to be shared. So the number of people who took the offer would determine how much food you would get. But the key was you had to decide quickly. The past couple of seasons we have been experimenting with the “instant decision” idea and we like the results. I felt badly for Julia, she just missed it by a moment. That’s always a tricky situation when I have to leave to go get the food; I’m always hoping that someone doesn’t fall off while I’m gone …
There seems to be a trend this season of people saying more at Tribal Council than they should, which I’m sure you LOVE, but isn’t so good for their gameplay. What do you think happened here with Tai all of sudden volunteering information about the super idol for no reason whatsoever? Is this an example of exhaustion and malnutrition making it difficult to think straight, or just bad gameplay?
I object, your honor. The question calls for speculation and Monday morning quarterbacking! I think it’s very difficult to play this game perfectly. But saying that talking at Tribal isn’t good for game play, if I may, is coming from a fear-based approach to the game. Fear of saying something wrong, fear of upsetting somebody, etc. We could both list numerous times when talking at Tribal led to an amazing 180 and saved somebody. You cannot ever play Survivor from a point of view of “staying safe.” Tribal is alive. Votes are changing. If you aren’t a part of the conversation, you should be concerned. Tai made a mistake. That’s really all that happened. He tried to cover it but I don’t think anybody bought it. I do think you’re hitting on something, which is the more tired and hungrier you get, the more difficult it becomes. But the underlying truth in all of this is it’s very tough to play a perfect game. The key is how you recover from a mistake.

We heard Julia and Michele talking about how they needed to start building their résumés with a big move. How much does that play in to the game now, where people are constantly thinking about making moves, even if those moves don’t necessarily put them in a better place, because they serve the purpose of allowing them to later make their case of how they dictated the course of play? In other words, is a lateral move often preferable to no move at all because it demonstrates you are actively playing?
Question of the day. For sure. This reflects back on the previous question about why you can’t just stay quiet. The game shifted years ago and now more times than not, the jury votes for game play. Not always, sometimes bitterness comes into play but most often it’s rewarding those who made moves. So yes, if you are in a great spot in the game but can’t think of a move you can claim credit for then you need to get on it. Getting to the end is one thing, but winning requires a “story” that you can use to persuade the jury that you are deserving. I think all three of your questions share the same theme — how do you do it? How do you play the game without having the game turn inward and play you?

Looks like we have a battle of the sexes brewing. What can you say about next week’s episode?
I’m gonna give you a different tease … the compass of morality stares Tai straight in the face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:21 pm

T5000 wrote:
Well something isnt right if they had been looking at neal and not given treatment, antibiotics, or  lancing something.
it is stupid to let it go that far and then pull him due to that.

It is up to the player to ask for treatment, unless Jeff knows something is wrong and sends you to medical, so at the end of the day, it's on Neal for not seeking treatment sooner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:03 pm

Well something isnt right if they had been looking at neal and not given treatment, antibiotics, or lancing something.
it is stupid to let it go that far and then pull him due to that.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:10 am

3 Q's with Jeff Probst:

Each week, host Jeff Probst will answer a few questions about the latest episode of Survivor: Kaôh Rōng

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Why don’t you start off by telling us when you and the medical team started to get concerned about all these various bumps and abrasions that players had all over their bodies and how you decided to proceed from that point.
JEFF PROBST: The bumps, abrasions, and infections were on our radar from the first few days. I think Tai might have been the first to suffer a scrape, when he scaled the tree looking for the idol. Our medical team always checks out the players before and after challenges and Tribal. We added another layer of monitoring after the infamous challenge, during which three players went down. From that point forward the players received daily checks at the beach.

We talked a few weeks back about the Caleb medical emergency and how it was your scariest moment ever on the show. Neal represents the other end of that evacuation spectrum. That has to be psychologically difficult to be done in by what probably started out as simply a little cut on his knee. How hard is it to deliver that news to someone like Neal – who even said he “felt fine” – that he is being pulled from the game in that way for that reason? Because this is a situation where you may get some pushback from a contestant since they do not believe themselves to be in any imminent medical danger.
Pulling someone from the game for a medical reason is never easy because it’s not on their terms. As you say, Caleb was in a class by himself because that was a life and death situation. Neal is an annoying “evacuation” because the wound looks so tiny and insignificant and yet it has the potential to do major damage if left untreated. Jonathan Penner had a similar situation, when he got a cut that became infected and he had to be pulled. Telling someone the news that they are being pulled always leaves me feeling a bit “less than” after it’s over. You rarely feel like this is a “win-win.” They’re not happy, you’re not happy, the doctor who has to make the call is not happy.

People leave families and jobs to come play this game and to have it cut short is tough to take. And in the case of Neal, he leaves with an idol, which had to be even more frustrating. It has gotten easier over the years, but only because I learned to accept that the game of Survivor comes with highs and lows for everybody, myself included.
It appeared as if Neal did NOT give Aubry his hidden immunity idol on the way out of the game, but he would have been permitted to hand that over, correct? Or is he already considered out of the game at that point once the doctor pulls him?
That’s a really good question and one that I’m glad you asked. Because we were aware he had an idol and knew he might want to give it to someone, either in public or in private, we discussed this beforehand. Our decision was yes, he would have been allowed to give his idol to someone and here’s why – he didn’t know he was going to be pulled from the game. The decision to pull someone is made by a doctor after examining in private and that’s not anything Neal should be expected to anticipate. So once he was pulled, it seemed fair to let him do or say whatever he wanted on his way out. I actually thought he would do it. I was surprised, but that’s why Survivor continues to be fun – you truly cannot predict what people are going to do.

“Tai’s balls banging into each other.” And, “Nick with a lot of movement – his balls dancing all over the place.” Okay. Jeff, there is no way you can convince me that was not intentional. You’re clearly taking one for the team here by giving immature morons like me something to chuckle about while watching the challenge, right?
Who… me? You know, Dalton, here’s the thing… When I’m in a challenge, I am so in the zone, so absolutely focused on doing my job that I just don’t censor myself. In fact, it goes beyond it being a choice. I’m so focused that I’m actually physically and mentally unable to censor. It’s a trait most often seen in truly dedicated professionals. Harvard and Pepperdine have both done studies on it and both came to the same conclusion – offering me honorary Doctorates. (No actual classification of study, just the plaque.)

Sometimes the Freudian parts of my brain rise to the surface and seemingly disconnected words come together to form a thought that seems to fit the situation – despite the inappropriateness. And our editors know that I am a man who stands by my decisions. If I said it, you have to leave it in, even if it’s embarrassing to me. So I take the lumps that come with these verbal hiccups because I want our fans to know that I leave myself as vulnerable as the players. So, long answer to a short question: Of course these are not intentional. I would never do that.

Yeah, not sure I’m buying that one, mister. Okay, since we had no Tribal Council, we’re still not 100 percent sure exactly where things stand in this newly merged tribe, so tease us up for next week’s episode.
Sometimes one event can change everything and Neal’s evacuation is definitely a turning point. You’re going to see moves start to be made from here on out. And a great immunity challenge!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:06 am

Because they are scared that they will be pulled from the game. Hopefully now that the strongest brain is gone, they team up on the brawn's, it doesn't make sense to vote out an old man and 2 weak girls over the strength of the brawn. If they aren't then they deserve what they get.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:00 pm

Well I learned something, I did not know a infection could mess up a joint, within hours !!

So I wonder and have in the past, why the players dont ask for treatment before or as soon as something'
is starting to fester.
These people are supposed to be smart n I think that was the ice cream guy?
He thought the pus filled sores were just going to heal up on their own ??? What a Face Rolling Eyes

So it looks like brawn has the better alliance.

o and neal is 2nd guy to take the idol home, and not give it to his ally who needed it.

kinda boring with no tribal, it looked like aubry was going till they pulled neal.
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:31 am

Ez wrote:
It doesn't make sense to align with strength after the merge, but that doesn't mean they won't.
Well some will align with anyone at this point, usually they get rid of individual threats after they have a dominant
alliance, and later on.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:49 am

It doesn't make sense to align with strength after the merge, but that doesn't mean they won't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:18 am

Ez wrote:
I don't think so, their strength makes them a target now, if the brains and beauty are smart, they will team up to at least take out the two guys.

not if they get 2-3 people allied with them.
like tai and the young girl and aubry who allied with scott.

The main thing with next show is to see who allies with who.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:29 pm

I don't think so, their strength makes them a target now, if the brains and beauty are smart, they will team up to at least take out the two guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:49 pm

it was ok, now the 3 brawn are back together, they may be around awhile. Mad
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:23 am

3 Q's with Jeff Probst:

Each week, host Jeff Probst will answer a few questions about the latest episode of Survivor: Kaôh Rōng.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Let’s start with the reward challenge, where former NBA player Scot started shooting baskets with a big lead, yet fell behind 7-5 to Nick before coming back and pulling out the victory.  It was almost a repeat of river rafting guide Kelly Wiglesworth losing a paddling competition to Gervase back in season 1. How big of a blow would that have been for Scot to lose? And how much of a feather would that have been for Nick?
JEFF PROBST: Interesting question… was the episode that boring? Smile Anytime you’re perceived as the expert in something you’re in a bit of a lose-lose situation. You’re expected to win, so there’s no glory if you do… but if you lose, oh man! So yeah, I think Scot’s NBA buddies would have given him a hard time had he lost to Nick. It was a tight finish though so Nick can feel good about that and Scot retains the title of best buoy shooter of the day.

Really nifty immunity challenge that ended with the tribes having to build a tower of blocks. As soon as you saw the yellow Gondol tribe building a tower with the smaller blocks that would up top first, did you sense they were in trouble?
I’m not smart enough to know what kind of strategy will work in a challenge, but I do get excited when I see unusual approaches to solving our challenges because of what it says about the game play. Survivor requires you to take chances. If you play a “safe” game, it’s very difficult to get to the end, let alone win. So when you see a tribe taking a risky or unusual approach, it tends to bode well for them from a big-picture perspective. It doesn’t mean it will work in that specific moment, but it says to me that they are looking for ways to “beat the system.”

As you know from visiting location, when we build challenges, we often leave “opportunities” within the challenge for players to find and use to their advantage… or disadvantage. So everything is fair game. And, of course, when a large block bonks someone on the head (sorry Joe), it also helps!

There is nothing better than watching a vote change right before your eyes at Tribal Council. Take us through what you were seeing being there as multiple conversations starting breaking out as players changed their votes from Julia to Peter — with Aubry actually changing her vote right at the urn!
Tribal continues to evolve. I couldn’t be happier when conversations break out, because it tells me that the game is alive. That’s how it should be. The days of old when people walked into Tribal with their vote “locked in” are long gone. You have to stay open and listen for clues as to what is really going on. People make mistakes at Tribal, and you have to be aware enough to catch them.

Remember, Tribal goes much longer than you see on the show. Everybody gets asked questions, so everybody has an opportunity to help or hurt themselves. This Tribal was yet another turning point in the game, and it was electric to witness it in person. I knew it was not a done deal and with all the variables the question centered around where would the vote land? I also think this marked a turning point for Aubry. She started out on day 1 in tears, overwhelmed by the elements. She survived and is starting to really blossom as a player. Changing your vote at Tribal is a giant move. You can’t be any more active and alive than that— and I loved it.

I don’t say it enough, but despite my snarky attitude at times, the truth is I respect the people who play this game so much. I have a bit of an idea of how absolutely exhausting it is on every single level. Whether you are first out or the last one standing — every player offers themselves up in basically the same way and that’s remarkable.

Okay, Hostmaster General, deliver us a juicy tease for next week’s episode.
Next week is a big episode.  A lot goes down, strategies are refined, and more is revealed about just how tough this season is on every single player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:22 am

What a really good episode, I liked that tribal alot, now on to the merge!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:15 am

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: You’ve done variations before of the odd person out scenario at a tribe swap — usually at Exile Island — where that person that is not selected joins the losing tribe later. Were there any other scenarios you discussed once Caleb went down and gave you an odd number of contestants? And how big a disadvantage is it for the person who has to go back to a beach alone?
JEFF PROBST: I don’t recall if we discussed other ideas, but this is one that always works for us because it creates new story instantly. And it typically brings out some kind of emotion in the players and the audience. You are either happy that the villain is being sent off or, in this case, you are feeling bad that Julia — the youngest person in the game at 18 years old — is being sent off to live on her own.

It’s a massive disadvantage. You are separated from tribal politics and you are forced to survive on your own. I think we take life on the island for granted, but it’s pretty brutal to go it without any moral or physical support. There is one obvious bonus in this case — you cannot be voted out. That’s the tiny silver lining for Julia. What she does with it will determine how much longer she lasts in the game.

Let’s talk some strategy. As far as I can tell, Tai’s two options at Tribal Council were the following. 1. Give Anna the idol, meaning Peter would go home, Julia would then join the tribe, and Beauty would be the new majority alliance and maintain a numbers advantage heading towards the merge. Or, 2. Sit tight and stay in the game with his idol, but remain in a possible minority alliance, unless he is positive Scot will flip to his side. Obviously, he opted for number two. Do you think it was the right call and what would you have done?
Man, it’s so hard to Monday morning quarterback that decision. I think my instinct would be to save Anna and hope that Julia remains tight with us and we run the numbers. But then I’d go sit in the water and think about how this game is typically played and how many times people switch alliances, and I’m pretty sure that I would decide my best bet was to hold the idol for myself, ensure MY safety and not Anna’s and play it out. The fun thing about this game is we’ve seen players go both ways with positive and negative results, so there isn’t really a right or wrong. It’s about reading the other players and then ultimately just listening to your gut.

Anna was my pick to win it all, so that shows you how much I know. Did I overestimate her gameplay or was she just the victim of bad Survivor luck with the tribe swap?
I think Anna has a LOT more game in her. She is a hustler, a negotiator, great in challenges, and a person willing to throw others under the bus to save herself. What’s not to like! She might be a great “Second Chance” nominee!

Tease us up for next week, sir!
Hmmm… How bout this? A first at Tribal Council. (And if not a first, it’s definitely been a very rare occurrence and one I actually cannot recall ever happening, which is not to say it hasn’t, it’s just to say my Survivor hard drive is full.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:12 am

Aw, I wish Tai would have used the idol, I thought that would have been his best play. He then would have had 3 beauties and Scott, they would ha=of have the numbers until the merge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:15 am

also one thing about survivor, is once you dislike a player, you still watch to see them hopefully voted out
or have a bad time or both.
I will hope the brawns are odd man out and first to go off the new tribes. cheers
Back to top Go down
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:40 pm

what they should have done since caleb was taken out, is instead of tribal, do a shake up drop the buffs thing
and give alicia a shot.
She never had a chance on that tribe, if they had won every time, then she would have had a chance to make
a shake up.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:09 am

3 Q's with Jeff Probst:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Okay, a lot to get to with this triple threat medical situation. I guess start off by walking us through the chaos as contestants started dropping like flies and you all were having to figure out to handle multiple medical emergencies.
JEFF PROBST: When something unusual happens on Survivor, I’m experiencing it simultaneously from three different but complementary points of view: Executive producer, host, and audience. Depending on the situation, one will rule over the other. Debbie went down first. Anytime someone goes down it’s concerning and it was clearly a very hot day so from a host point of view I made the call to bring in medical and have them check on her. It was made easier because her tribe had already finished so there wasn’t anything at stake for them. Had she gone down while her tribe was still battling, I probably would have stopped the challenge until we could ascertain her condition. Once we knew Debbie was not in any kind of life threatening danger and the doctors assured me that they had it under control and she would be fine, I felt comfortable turning my attention back to the challenge.

As it became apparent the other two tribes were having trouble finding the bags in the sand, the executive producer in me began to think about options. What would we do if they simply couldn’t find the bags? How would we end this challenge? While this is happening inside my head, I know that our other executive producer Matt Van Wagenen and supervising producer John Kirhoffer (in charge of challenges) are also thinking through potential options for a worst case scenario. We have a very proactive team and everybody is always trying to anticipate possible problems and solutions.

Fortunately, both tribes ended up finding all their bags and the challenge continued. At this point I really didn’t have any concerns. Even though Debbie was still being tended to, I knew she was not in danger and I knew we had a good challenge with some great drama and everything was going fine.

It was just moments after the challenge ended that things really took a turn. Caleb and Cydney both dropped within a minute of each other. Having three people down within one challenge was unprecedented and it quickly became clear that this was a very serious situation. At that point, the executive producer part of me takes over and the only priority is everybody’s wellbeing.

I know how prepared you all for medical situations, and have seen your team in action, but never have you experienced something like this in which you basically told everyone in the crew — no matter what their job — to pitch in and help any way they could. Talk a bit about what was going on around you while you and the doctors were dealing with the downed players.
I think if you asked every person on our crew, they would all have a different story to tell. From my vantage point, I could tell within about 10 seconds of Dr. Joe looking at Caleb that this was serious and there really wasn’t any forethought given to calling on every crew member to help out. It was a very spontaneous decision. What was remarkable was how effortless it all came together. Suddenly there were coolers full of water bottles right next to Dr. Joe and his team. Umbrellas to provide shade. The chopper was put on alert. Even our director David Dryden was holding a huge chunk of ice on Caleb’s chest while still directing our cameras. Everybody on our team is prepared for emergencies like this and they went into action immediately.

As for our medical department, I could write for hours and still not say enough good things about Dr. Joe Rowles and his team. It takes a situation like this to truly see what someone is made of and the kind of leader they are in times of crisis. Dr. Joe was incredibly focused. It was truly astounding how calm the entire medical team was as they quickly determined what was wrong with both Caleb and Cydney and took immediate action.

While Cydney was certainly in bad shape, she was not in a life-threatening situation. So, with her tribemate Jason providing comfort one half of the medical team tended to her. Dr. Joe turned his attention to Caleb, who was much more serious. Nick was right there, holding Caleb’s legs up as Dr. Joe ran some quick tests. It wasn’t too long before Dr. Joe gave me a look and I knew Caleb was being pulled from the game and they started working to bring his body temperature down as fast as possible.

Caleb was not aware what was happening and it wouldn’t have mattered as he would have no say in a time like that. Medical always rules in terms of a contestants health. As you saw, our medical team did an incredible job of quickly restoring Caleb’s vitals back to good levels so that he could be immediately transported to the nearest hospital.

It wasn’t until Caleb was safely in the air and the Survivors had headed back to camp, that all of us on the crew were able to take in everything that had just happened. I was so proud of every single crew member and the way we all came together. My proudest moment in 32 seasons. That may sound odd, but it truly was bonding through crisis.

And a note worth making: Later in the day as we were doing our debriefing, our safety and security team reminded me that despite being in the middle of a jungle in the middle of an ocean, that Caleb was in the air on a chopper with a doctor at his side within twenty two minutes of collapsing. And, he was being tended to in a hospital not long after that. My point in sharing this is that it would be very hard to get that same kind of fast response in most cities in the United States. We go to great lengths and expense to be prepared for a situation like this and it’s rewarding to see it pay off.

You’ve had a bunch of really scary scenarios over the years with contestants losing consciousness. How does the Caleb situation compare to other ones like Russell Swan?
This is at the top of the list. his was the most frightened I’ve been in all my time on Survivor. Three people down at once and one of them in very serious condition. There was no color in Caleb’s face and very little response from him for quite a while. Even for the first few moments after they put the oxygen mask on, Caleb didn’t respond. Then, out of nowhere, he took a breath and suddenly the color returned, his face filled out again and in a matter of seconds he was back. It was very powerful to witness. I don’t imagine Caleb has any idea what he went through and watching the episode was probably very emotional for him and his family.
You guys always want to push contestants, but never this far. Obviously the natural question after seeing three players drop is: Was this particular challenge in these particular conditions just too much? What was your internal review like in terms of discussing after whether the digging portion of this challenge was simply too extreme in that heat with already dehydrated contestants?
I wish it was as simple as saying, “We pushed too far,” because that would be easy to fix. The truth is, we’ve done that kind of a challenge many times on Survivor and from a physical point of view, it’s actually one of the least demanding. Our assessment, upon reflection, was that it was a perfect storm of events — Mother Nature at her absolute hottest combined with a group of players pushing themselves as hard as they could.

I think it’s also interesting that in one of his first interviews Caleb said something to the effect of, “Nobody will ever outlast me in anything.” If you go back and watch that challenge again, you’ll see that it was only a moment after sinking the last ball that Caleb collapsed. He kept his promise. Nobody was going to outlast him in anything. He went until he couldn’t go anymore. We’ve been seeing this more and more in recent seasons and players strive to go further in the game. It happened with Joe last season when he passed out during a challenge after lasting an hour longer than even our longest test. You have to remember that Survivor has very few rules. The players decide the tone of the game, the speed at which it is played, the moral code, and the amount of effort they choose to put forth. This is their game and I think last night showed that every single player out there wants this and is willing to push themselves as far as possible to get it.

Okay, let’s sneak one non-medical question in here, which has to do with Alecia. You told her at Tribal, “I think you’re going to be voted out tonight. I don’t think there’s any chance they’re voting anybody else out.” I’m not sure I’ve ever heard you tell someone that before, but it was plainly obvious. What’s your take on her and the guys in her tribe? Scot and Jason said Alecia always made it about Alecia, but they also certainly seemed very dismissive and disrespectful of her. Are there any heroes or villains in this scenario?
This is a complicated one for me. I’ll do my best to explain my point of view. Alecia is a self-described “tough chick.” She grew up in the world of boxing with her dad. She’s been around a lot of tough talk and as a result she doesn’t back down from anybody. So in one sense, Alecia does make it about her because she stands up for herself at all times. On the other hand, I think Jason says a lot by refusing to call her by her name, opting instead for “Blondie.” I’m sure Jason would say he was just having fun and he might have been, but the result is the audience now sees Scot and Jason, at least for the time being, as bullies. And this is not from me asking people, I just know what the audience is going to think in this case. After all the life threatening drama they went through only a few hours before, to return to camp and lay into her like that was really fascinating.

As for me calling out Alecia at Tribal, to do anything less would be disingenuous. I can’t recall a tribe where three people were so dead set on voting someone out. The real truth is they wanted to vote her out right after the challenge, but Alecia wouldn’t agree to it, so we went to Tribal. But please remember, that me merely saying something doesn’t make it true and it certainly doesn’t mean something couldn’t happen at Tribal to change things. It had already happened once in this very tribe when Jenny got caught making a big move. But I had to say what I knew the audience was thinking, which was, “How are you going to get of this?” Turns out, she wasn’t.

Okay, tease us up for next week, sir.
I think given all the drama, it’s time to switch things up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T5000
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:24 am

Ez wrote:
T5000 wrote:
Wow saw the show live , and survivor producers were bad in letting these people compete in intense heat
and not be properly hydrated or given a break.

someone could have died.

Now Caleb gets put out due to medical and lousy producers !
and poor alica her tribe I think threw the challenge to vote her out.

So the only 2 I half assed liked are gone in one show!

To make things worse next show they mix up the tribes, after alicia is voted out,
that could have saved her but no one show too late!

also i was wanting brawn people to keep losing until they are all gone lol.

Hopefully they are all voted out soon, and or wind up on the outside like alicia was
and see how it feels.

not a good episode at all for me.

I don't blame the producers, it is called Survivor, fighting the elements, and lack of water are part of the game. I agree about the mix up, I wish they could have saved Alecia. I do feel bad for Caleb, but he will definitely get to play again. I don't like the brawn tribe either.  I kinda like the nerdy guy in the brains with long hair, the ice cream dude.

I don't blame the producers, it is called Survivor, fighting the elements, and lack of water are part of the game.

Well They need to see to it basic safety is covered, like they knew the heat was excessive and the challenge
was physical, and on top of that these people arent too bright.

I read that with football players, drinking a bunch of water before a game doesnt help, it is the days before
That you have to drink excessive water or you can dehydrate in the game.

So in a hot game like this they need to make sure they drink enough water.
3 people went down and others were close, so basic safety was not covered.

I dont think anyone who signs up for the game thinks they are entering a game where
you could easily die, or that they are willing to risk their life.

Sometimes they let things go too far.

guy in the brains with long hair, the ice cream dude....... yeah he is ok

Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:34 pm

T5000 wrote:
Wow saw the show live , and survivor producers were bad in letting these people compete in intense heat
and not be properly hydrated or given a break.

someone could have died.

Now Caleb gets put out due to medical and lousy producers !
and poor alica her tribe I think threw the challenge to vote her out.

So the only 2 I half assed liked are gone in one show!

To make things worse next show they mix up the tribes, after alicia is voted out,
that could have saved her but no one show too late!

also i was wanting brawn people to keep losing until they are all gone lol.

Hopefully they are all voted out soon, and or wind up on the outside like alicia was
and see how it feels.

not a good episode at all for me.

I don't blame the producers, it is called Survivor, fighting the elements, and lack of water are part of the game. I agree about the mix up, I wish they could have saved Alecia. I do feel bad for Caleb, but he will definitely get to play again. I don't like the brawn tribe either. I kinda like the nerdy guy in the brains with long hair, the ice cream dude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 32   

Back to top Go down

Survivor 32
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next